OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5652, 5653, 5654 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:32 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Nets hoping for a Drummond buy out according to KOC. Doubtful seeing Cavs are in playoff picture unless they just want to open PT for Allen

Not going to pretend I know a lot about Drummond beyond his stats. High rebounds & unbelievably high turnovers for a big. Someone compared him to Whiteside today. Will get big numbers but little impact on game.

If this goes down then the Nets become the favorites...Gasol can't do a damn thing with Drummond...AD did a decent job but if Drummond goes to the Nets AD would then guard KD....Drummond would then have a field day with Gasol. Like you mentioned though...Cavs are in the hunt and there's a much better chance they trade McGee.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:37 pm    Post subject:

Let's all root for the Cavs to succeed and keep Drummond this year.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Regarding Clips interest in Derrick Rose.

https://twitter.com/YossiGozlan/status/1354161862833709056

He speculates that Lou Will would be the natural trade piece and he could get bought out if on the Pistons.

That would be funny if he ended up on the Lakers. We would have the top 3 6MOTY candidiates from last year. Him, Trezz and 3-d guys got the 8th seed before. Playoff impact is another story.
WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:51 pm    Post subject:

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/261314/Pelicans-Willing-To-Discuss-Trades-Of-Lonzo-Ball-JJ-Redick

The pelicans are taking calls for Lonzo and JJ Reddick
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:
Kieff for Javele McGee needs to happen.

Hard pass.

The idea of a 3rd big, and yet, McGee can't defend Jokic anyway, which was the root of the entire conversation of having 5 depth in the first place.

Kieff's position is already replicated. Harrell, Kuz and even Matthews can fulfil his role. We don't have anyone that can do what McGee can do defensively. As such, Kieff for McGee would be smart for this team.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Harrell can't stretch the floor.

Kuz can stretch but he gets bulldozed against bigger post players.

Kieff is sort of a good in between of size/bulk and shooting. He's important to this team.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Is JJ Reddick a upgrade over Wes Matthews? I know Reddick has regressed but I don’t think he’s looked as bad as Matthews.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Is JJ Reddick a upgrade over Wes Matthews? I know Reddick has regressed but I don’t think he’s looked as bad as Matthews.

Humongous upgrade.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:20 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Humongous upgrade.

Wonder what it would take to get JJ Reddick by packaging Wes + Kieff and other salaries to make it work.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

He's not an upgrade. Lucky to be a traffic cone on defense and doesn't have his old lift on his jump shots.

Danny Green this year is a better shooter, by quite a margin.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Yup. JJ is by no means a 2 way player and can easily be exploited defensively. If his skills were needed, would rather sign Korver as a FA.
vancouverthrowback
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:04 pm    Post subject:

we are so unbelievably screwed if the Cavs buy out Drummond.
PASTOR RILEY
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:05 pm    Post subject:

Matthews is pure garbage and he doesn’t do anything on the defense, so JJ is much player than Matthew
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:08 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

You all must not have watched much Redick this year. He’s not even hitting open shots and taking Steph Curry shots to try and break his slump. At least Wes can still D up.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

You all must not have watched much Redick this year. He’s not even hitting open shots and taking Steph Curry shots to try and break his slump. At least Wes can still D up.

D up who? I saw him get torched by LaVine, Kawhi, Trent, Oubre etc. Sure Reddick is off to a slow start...but he's a much better knock down 3 point shooter. Gasol hasn't done just about anything this year but a lot of people here think he's going to produce at some point.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:19 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
Regarding Clips interest in Derrick Rose.

https://twitter.com/YossiGozlan/status/1354161862833709056

He speculates that Lou Will would be the natural trade piece and he could get bought out if on the Pistons.

That would be funny if he ended up on the Lakers. We would have the top 3 6MOTY candidiates from last year. Him, Trezz and 3-d guys got the 8th seed before. Playoff impact is another story.

Seems unlikely. We can't even find minutes for all our players right now. We are going to throw Lou into that mix? He would become our worst defender by far. He would be nice to have in case of injury to one of our playmakers, but I am guessing he would want to go somewhere where he is guaranteed to play big minutes.

I would rather watch the big man buyout market. Nets probably have first crack at that market though since they can offer minutes.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:23 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/TheHoopTracker/status/1354169203218132992

ETA: It's amazing how if you suggest a player who is good defensively but poor offensively, no one says anything... but if you suggest the opposite... people act like the world will grind to a halt and the team will be forever poisoned by having a pure shooter on the bench.

JJ would be a good signing... especially in lieu of someone who plays less than five minutes a game.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:37 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:

Oh, and I've already proven that Javele is better than Gasol. I took the time to break it down; if anyone disagrees, I'd be happy to see your analysis.

No - you stated your opinion, you reject any tangible evidence.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:38 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:
Kieff for Javele McGee needs to happen.

Hard pass.

The idea of a 3rd big, and yet, McGee can't defend Jokic anyway, which was the root of the entire conversation of having 5 depth in the first place.

Kieff's position is already replicated. Harrell, Kuz and even Matthews can fulfil his role. We don't have anyone that can do what McGee can do defensively. As such, Kieff for McGee would be smart for this team.

We actually have evidence of how Kieff and McGee were used in the playoffs on this team. One guy contributed. One guy couldn't stay on the court and we couldn't wait until he got off the court.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:43 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
Nets hoping for a Drummond buy out according to KOC. Doubtful seeing Cavs are in playoff picture unless they just want to open PT for Allen

Not going to pretend I know a lot about Drummond beyond his stats. High rebounds & unbelievably high turnovers for a big. Someone compared him to Whiteside today. Will get big numbers but little impact on game.

If this goes down then the Nets become the favorites...Gasol can't do a damn thing with Drummond...AD did a decent job but if Drummond goes to the Nets AD would then guard KD....Drummond would then have a field day with Gasol. Like you mentioned though...Cavs are in the hunt and there's a much better chance they trade McGee.

He and AD looked pretty buddy buddy last night. We need to lobby his ass over here.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:45 pm    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
troy wrote:

Oh, and I've already proven that Javele is better than Gasol. I took the time to break it down; if anyone disagrees, I'd be happy to see your analysis.

No - you stated your opinion, you reject any tangible evidence.

I'm not so sure about McGee...but Dwight is much better defensively and I would argue offensively with lobs...Marc is supposed to be stretch center...problem is he doesn't even average one 3 pointer a game. I know there are a lot of Gasol fans here that say "just wait." We heard that with Green last year too. I'll wait.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:46 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
King Randle wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

He and AD looked pretty buddy buddy last night. We need to lobby his ass over here.

Absolutely! I would say if we picked up Drummond pencil us in as champs...just don't see that happening.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:49 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:

ETA: It's amazing how if you suggest a player who is good defensively but poor offensively, no one says anything... but if you suggest the opposite... people act like the world will grind to a halt and the team will be forever poisoned by having a pure shooter on the bench.

JJ would be a good signing... especially in lieu of someone who plays less than five minutes a game.

30% on 3s this year.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:53 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:

The difference is that some people still hold out hope that Lonzo could turn into something more than he's shown so far, but they are concerned that Reddick has passed his expiration date.

Given Reddick's age and lack of productivity this season, I would hesitate to give up assets for him. You might be buying the guy you remember from a year or two ago, rather than the guy he is today.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:54 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

30% on 3s this year.

The Lakers are better than the Pelicans with an offense that is more fluid than one rotating between Zion and BI iso plays.

JJ would get way more open looks.

It's not like shooters ever forget how to shoot... and we will wish we had him when we are going against a team filled with 40% 3 pt shooters and 80% plus free throw shooters in the playoffs.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5652, 5653, 5654 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 5653 of 8560
Jump to: