OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5653, 5654, 5655 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:22 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Is JJ Reddick a upgrade over Wes Matthews? I know Reddick has regressed but I don’t think he’s looked as bad as Matthews.

He's not an upgrade. Lucky to be a traffic cone on defense and doesn't have his old lift on his jump shots.

Danny Green this year is a better shooter, by quite a margin.

This.. I've been watching the Pels.. You guys don't want JJ lol.. Trust me.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:31 pm    Post subject:

I really hope the Clippers don't get Lonzo.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:09 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Is JJ Reddick a upgrade over Wes Matthews? I know Reddick has regressed but I don’t think he’s looked as bad as Matthews.

He's not an upgrade. Lucky to be a traffic cone on defense and doesn't have his old lift on his jump shots.

Danny Green this year is a better shooter, by quite a margin.

This.. I've been watching the Pels.. You guys don't want JJ lol.. Trust me.

Yeah man, like you don't even have to watch 3 games of them this year. It's really really really obvious.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:10 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
ocho wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
https://twitter.com/TheHoopTracker/status/1354169203218132992

ETA: It's amazing how if you suggest a player who is good defensively but poor offensively, no one says anything... but if you suggest the opposite... people act like the world will grind to a halt and the team will be forever poisoned by having a pure shooter on the bench.

JJ would be a good signing... especially in lieu of someone who plays less than five minutes a game.

30% on 3s this year.

The Lakers are better than the Pelicans with an offense that is more fluid than one rotating between Zion and BI iso plays.

JJ would get way more open looks.

It's not like shooters ever forget how to shoot... and we will wish we had him when we are going against a team filled with 40% 3 pt shooters and 80% plus free throw shooters in the playoffs.

You don't have to forget. You just physically lose legs.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:20 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
ocho wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

ETA: It's amazing how if you suggest a player who is good defensively but poor offensively, no one says anything... but if you suggest the opposite... people act like the world will grind to a halt and the team will be forever poisoned by having a pure shooter on the bench.

JJ would be a good signing... especially in lieu of someone who plays less than five minutes a game.

30% on 3s this year.

The Lakers are better than the Pelicans with an offense that is more fluid than one rotating between Zion and BI iso plays.

JJ would get way more open looks.

It's not like shooters ever forget how to shoot... and we will wish we had him when we are going against a team filled with 40% 3 pt shooters and 80% plus free throw shooters in the playoffs.

Getting the feeling you haven’t watched much JJ this season.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:26 pm    Post subject:

I've watched JJ and he's been bad, but so has Melli, Lonzo, Kira...

It's like the entire team plays tight... I'm not sure if it's Stan's system... or maybe his coaching style makes everyone tense.

He's not getting many good looks... I've seen him miss easy shots... but the offense mostly is BI iso... then Zion iso... and it's really stagnant during their losing streak.

He is getting old but I think on a good team he'll still knock them down.

I agree with the guy who said he wouldn't give up anything of substance for him... but if the opportunity arose, I'd try to get him.

Really don't want to see Lonzo or JJ on the Clippers.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:43 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
King Randle wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
Nets hoping for a Drummond buy out according to KOC. Doubtful seeing Cavs are in playoff picture unless they just want to open PT for Allen

Not going to pretend I know a lot about Drummond beyond his stats. High rebounds & unbelievably high turnovers for a big. Someone compared him to Whiteside today. Will get big numbers but little impact on game.

If this goes down then the Nets become the favorites...Gasol can't do a damn thing with Drummond...AD did a decent job but if Drummond goes to the Nets AD would then guard KD....Drummond would then have a field day with Gasol. Like you mentioned though...Cavs are in the hunt and there's a much better chance they trade McGee.

He and AD looked pretty buddy buddy last night. We need to lobby his ass over here.

This is where I was going with my original post lol. Would be a big adjustment though going from Gasol as a floor spacer.

I also honestly wouldn't like our odds vs the nets. He's an east coast guy. Born in NY. Went to UConn. Looking at his agent, Jeff Schwartz, we have zero mutual connections there too.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Looking at scores around the league, notice PJ Tucker line.

8 mins played and nada.

0 pts
0 rebs
0 steals
0 blocks
0 fouls
0 assists

I can deduct he is a hologram in the right corner.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Double Post
_#1_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:00 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

30% on 3s this year.

30% on 3s and ZERO on defense. Can't guard a tree stump. He isn't coming to this team.
_#1_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:03 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
King Randle wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
Nets hoping for a Drummond buy out according to KOC. Doubtful seeing Cavs are in playoff picture unless they just want to open PT for Allen

Not going to pretend I know a lot about Drummond beyond his stats. High rebounds & unbelievably high turnovers for a big. Someone compared him to Whiteside today. Will get big numbers but little impact on game.

If this goes down then the Nets become the favorites...Gasol can't do a damn thing with Drummond...AD did a decent job but if Drummond goes to the Nets AD would then guard KD....Drummond would then have a field day with Gasol. Like you mentioned though...Cavs are in the hunt and there's a much better chance they trade McGee.

He and AD looked pretty buddy buddy last night. We need to lobby his ass over here.

Sign me up. And I wouldn't listen to any nonsense from Trez or Gasol over minutes. Drum feeds first.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:05 pm    Post subject:

I know Caruso is a big time fan favorite but would you guys trade him for Lonzo Ball?
_#1_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:10 pm    Post subject:

No Lonzo can't out defense AC. He wants big bucks coming up so contract issues. Wouldn't work for us. It's more DS or Lonzo.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:10 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I know Caruso is a big time fan favorite but would you guys trade him for Lonzo Ball?

I'm actually still a fan of Lonzo and there is zero chance I even pick up the phone on that one. I'd be interested to see Lonzo run our second unit but Caruso with a three point shot is a much better player for our team especially.

There's a very legit debate he is the Lakers third most important player. He might not be a huge name League wide but he's as important as anyone on our team after Lebron and AD imo.
PASTOR RILEY
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:13 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I'm actually still a fan of Lonzo and there is zero chance I even pick up the phone on that one. I'd be interested to see Lonzo run our second unit but Caruso with a three point shot is a much better player for our team especially.

There's a very legit debate he is the Lakers third most important player. He might not be a huge name League wide but he's as important as anyone on our team after Lebron and AD imo.
lonzo is so overhyped and not even good! No way I would trade Caruso for lonzoand the circus that comes with him
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:45 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Hell no.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:53 pm    Post subject:

Wind going around that the Cavs might buy out Kevin Love and that his main suitors will be title contenders, if the Lakers show interest you already know the Clippers are gonna interfere lol
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Can't believe how much Westbrook has regressed. He looks straight up washed, posting a PER of 12.4 on 30% usage. I didn't even know that was possible.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Wind going around that the Cavs might buy out Kevin Love and that his main suitors will be title contenders, if the Lakers show interest you already know the Clippers are gonna interfere lol

If it is the buyout market, clippers have no advantage. I imagine some team will claim him before the clippers.(nets?)
vancouverthrowback
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Can we realistically acquire Beal?
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:51 pm    Post subject:

vancouverthrowback wrote:

Short answer: No.

Longer answer: There is probably some convoluted, wildly unlikely way that we could pull it off if the GM and owner in Washington take some bad mushrooms. But realistically, no.
carjoch831
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Done deal... LeGM handshake last game.
carjoch831
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:02 pm    Post subject:

vancouverthrowback wrote:

Anyone follow the Wizards? How is Beal's defense?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Hard to see why the Cavs would buy him out unless he just gave up a huge amount of money. And it's hard to see why he would give up a huge amount of money.

My prediction is this is going to be a meager year for buyouts. Teams will hang on to guys because 1. Fear of covid depleting rosters and 2. Teams have a sense that a lot of guys coming off huge contracts might resign for much less than anyone expects.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Doesn't Love like LJ?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5653, 5654, 5655 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 5654 of 8560
Jump to: