OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5732, 5733, 5734 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:46 am    Post subject:

I don’t think we will do major changes but some tweaks here and there can help us, I would target a guy like Delon Wright, he’s from L.A. so the transition would be smooth, I would also look to get a shooter like Denzel Valentine or Alec Burks.
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:47 am    Post subject:

We really only have one good guard in DS and a niche player in AC. AC plays well with Lebron + AD.

Moving Wes or KCP would be a higher priority item for us. I think KCP no longer shoots + defends at the level of last year. We’re weakest at the 2 Spot. At the very least we need a knockdown shooter and defender there and neither of those guys are that.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:51 am    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:
We really only have one good guard in DS and a niche player in AC. AC plays well with Lebron + AD.

Moving Wes or KCP would be a higher priority item for us. I think KCP no longer shoots + defends at the level of last year. We’re weakest at the 2 Spot. At the very least we need a knockdown shooter and defender there and neither of those guys are that.

go get Lonzo
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:55 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
troy wrote:
Where I agree with you is Wes and KCP. KCP is not in a slump. Slumps may last a few games. KCP has been horrible way beyond his allowance of what a slump would define. I honestly think he's gone the way of Ingram, Randal, and other players who do better when they are not playing in high pressure markets. KCP is talented, but mentally weak. It would be best for him and us if he is traded.

Eh, Casey P. goes through a slump every year. Usually it comes at the beginning of the season. If it was about pressure, he would have slumped during the playoffs last year. But he didn't.

Anyway, I'm not sure whether he is easily tradeable at this point. We overpaid him, probably due to the Team Lebron connection. In order to get a decent return on the trade, we'd probably need to throw in some other asset. Otherwise, we'd have a hard time getting more than salary dump value for him, unless there is some GM who secretly loves him. That's always possible, I guess.

My point is that KCP is likely not going to "recover" this time, as I honestly believe he feels the pressure of playing next to Lebron, and being an expected contributor on a LA Lakers team. I remember several games ago when Lebron yelled at KCP for not taking a shot, and KCP pouted like a whipped puppy. It was at the point that KCP started to plummet as a player. Not everyone can respond to the pressure of playing next to someone so dominant. That, along with the pressure of playing in the NBA's most notable high market franchise can throw a player's concentration off. Brandon Ingram literally said he hated playing under the pressure of LA. That it was stalling his development as a player. As soon as he left, he vastly improved his skill set across the board. Perhaps KCP is like this too. I say trade him. Best for all parties.

This is the third year that Casey P. has played with Lebron and the fourth year that he has played in LA. Your theory doesn't make sense. There could be some other reason for the current slump, of course.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:57 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
troy wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
troy wrote:
Where I agree with you is Wes and KCP. KCP is not in a slump. Slumps may last a few games. KCP has been horrible way beyond his allowance of what a slump would define. I honestly think he's gone the way of Ingram, Randal, and other players who do better when they are not playing in high pressure markets. KCP is talented, but mentally weak. It would be best for him and us if he is traded.

Eh, Casey P. goes through a slump every year. Usually it comes at the beginning of the season. If it was about pressure, he would have slumped during the playoffs last year. But he didn't.

Anyway, I'm not sure whether he is easily tradeable at this point. We overpaid him, probably due to the Team Lebron connection. In order to get a decent return on the trade, we'd probably need to throw in some other asset. Otherwise, we'd have a hard time getting more than salary dump value for him, unless there is some GM who secretly loves him. That's always possible, I guess.

My point is that KCP is likely not going to "recover" this time, as I honestly believe he feels the pressure of playing next to Lebron, and being an expected contributor on a LA Lakers team. I remember several games ago when Lebron yelled at KCP for not taking a shot, and KCP pouted like a whipped puppy. It was at the point that KCP started to plummet as a player. Not everyone can respond to the pressure of playing next to someone so dominant. That, along with the pressure of playing in the NBA's most notable high market franchise can throw a player's concentration off. Brandon Ingram literally said he hated playing under the pressure of LA. That it was stalling his development as a player. As soon as he left, he vastly improved his skill set across the board. Perhaps KCP is like this too. I say trade him. Best for all parties.

This is the third year that Casey P. has played with Lebron and the fourth year that he has played in LA. Your theory doesn't make sense. There could be some other reason for the current slump, of course.

Yeah. I think it's frustrating b/c we saw how valuable he was during the playoffs and the Finals. So we know he can do it, but his regular season play on the whole, usually leaves a lot to be desired. The goal with this team is to get it to the playoffs healthy, as a top 4 seed IMO. The health part is what concerns me.
SGVL1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:59 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
ahaider wrote:

go get Lonzo

“James probing ...James on the drive ...kicks to Lonzo Ball for 3...BANG. ball now 2-10 from downtown !....Clippers lead trimmed 15!”
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:00 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
troy wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
troy wrote:

Yeah. I think it's frustrating b/c we saw how valuable he was during the playoffs and the Finals. So we know he can do it, but his regular season play on the whole, usually leaves a lot to be desired. The goal with this team is to get it to the playoffs healthy, as a top 4 seed IMO. The health part is what concerns me.

or his name is trade rumors/
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:01 am    Post subject:

Not big on Lonzo but if we can get him for a Caruso centered package it’s a no brainer.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:03 am    Post subject:

SGVL1 wrote:
governator wrote:
ahaider wrote:

go get Lonzo

“James probing ...James on the drive ...kicks to Lonzo Ball for 3...BANG. ball now 2-10 from downtown !....Clippers lead trimmed 15!”

Lonzo shoots 3 at higher percentage than any of our players
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:05 am    Post subject:

just so i am clear. a guy who has seemingly good data on both sides of the ball. a guy the coach said is important and a guy players like we want to move him for say.... Lonzo (who i like).
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:06 am    Post subject:

What about something small like KCP and Wes for Noel, Burks, and Rivers?
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:10 am    Post subject:

SGVL1 wrote:
governator wrote:
ahaider wrote:

go get Lonzo

Exactly....NO on Lonzo. He doesn't make the team better.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:25 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Casey P. has been in trade rumors for basically his entire tenure with the Lakers. Here's an example from over two years ago.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:26 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
ahaider wrote:

go get Lonzo

Is there a Lonzo that’s a knock down shooter?
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:27 am    Post subject:

man what a brick fest we had with KCP, AC etc
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:28 am    Post subject:

Pelinka is a poker GM he probably has something cooking to make us better, who that is, no one knows.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:30 am    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
governator wrote:
ahaider wrote:

go get Lonzo

Is there a Lonzo that’s a knock down shooter?

As unlikely as it may seem, the Ball family seems to have learned how to make a jump shot.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:30 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Pelinka is a poker GM he probably has something cooking to make us better, who that is, no one knows.

Bradley 'Wizard not looking to trade' Beal
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:31 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Casey P. has been in trade rumors for basically his entire tenure with the Lakers. Here's an example from over two years ago.

I am aware but coach came out a few weeks ago saying how vital he is. Usually a kiss of death but seemingly not here.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:34 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Bradley 'Wizard not looking to trade' Beal

I think Pelinka is targeting someone else, pretty obvious that the current FO likes keeping things under wraps, no one saw the Schroeder deal and then it came out of no where when the talks were in advance stages, won’t be surprised if we see something similar.
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:03 am    Post subject:

Drummond makes a ton of sense to us. I would make the move for him so we can have the center position secured. Marc is probably going to retire after this season.

If we could secure him for THT - I would. It's very plausible that this could be our last year of our championship window. At most - I would say next year. If we do win this year - I don't anticipate us three peating. We'd be in a rebuilding mode.

From a guard perspecive - I'd just take Ellington at this point because I see him and KCP as equal defenders at this point. There is not a shred of fear by Clarkson, Mitchell or Conley when KCP is guarding him.

He's not going to be able to guard Harden, Kyrie or PG. Last year he was our third best scorer - this year he's like 6th.

(Lebron, AD, DS, Kuz, Harrell)

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:05 am    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:

Be fair. The player taking the most bricks is James.
Last 10 games 15/68 . The past 5 games 6/33.

Team is settling for way too many 3pt attempts for a team that shoots them so poorly.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:08 am    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:
Drummond makes a ton of sense to us. I would make the move for him so we can have the center position secured. Marc is probably going to retire after this season.

If we could secure him for THT - I would. It's very plausible that this could be our last year of our championship window. At most - I would say next year. If we do win this year - I don't anticipate us three peating. We'd be in a rebuilding mode.

From a guard perspecive - I'd just take Ellington at this point because I see him and KCP as equal defenders at this point. There is not a shred of fear by Clarkson, Mitchell or Conley when KCP is guarding him.

He's not going to be able to guard Harden, Kyrie or PG. Last year he was our third best scorer - this year he's like 6th.

so the phenom, the guy kawai couldnt believe is 20 etc is getting moved? A klutch client?
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:09 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:

Be fair. The player taking the most bricks is James.
Last 10 games 15/68 . The past 5 games 6/33.

Team is settling for way too many 3pt attempts for a team that shoots them so poorly.

Totally agree....
But, to Lebron's defense, he's got a bunch of guys around him that are either a) reluctant to shoot or b) bricking each and every time they shoot.
At times, I would rather see Lebron shoot than others...
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:12 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
ahaider wrote:

so the phenom, the guy kawai couldnt believe is 20 etc is getting moved? A klutch client?

THT is a good kid and a hard worker but I would trade him for a win now piece, he’s to inexperience and raw to make a difference right now and despite being apart of Klutch I can see some desire by the FO to see what they can get for someone who is touted with high potential, you put THT on a team like the Cavs or Minny and you will suddenly see him do more well because of being in a different environment.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5732, 5733, 5734 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 5733 of 8560
Jump to: