OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5733, 5734, 5735 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:12 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Halflife wrote:
ahaider wrote:
Drummond makes a ton of sense to us. I would make the move for him so we can have the center position secured. Marc is probably going to retire after this season.

If we could secure him for THT - I would. It's very plausible that this could be our last year of our championship window. At most - I would say next year. If we do win this year - I don't anticipate us three peating. We'd be in a rebuilding mode.

From a guard perspecive - I'd just take Ellington at this point because I see him and KCP as equal defenders at this point. There is not a shred of fear by Clarkson, Mitchell or Conley when KCP is guarding him.

He's not going to be able to guard Harden, Kyrie or PG. Last year he was our third best scorer - this year he's like 6th.

(Lebron, AD, DS, Kuz, Harrell)

so the phenom, the guy kawai couldnt believe is 20 etc is getting moved? A klutch client?

THT is a good kid and a hard worker but I would trade him for a win now piece, he’s to inexperience and raw to make a difference right now and despite being apart of Klutch I can see some desire by the FO to see what they can get for someone who is touted with high potential, you put THT on a team like the Cavs or Minny and you will suddenly see him do more well because of being in a different environment.

he did make impact on last years bubble team.
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:15 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
ahaider wrote:
Drummond makes a ton of sense to us. I would make the move for him so we can have the center position secured. Marc is probably going to retire after this season.

If we could secure him for THT - I would. It's very plausible that this could be our last year of our championship window. At most - I would say next year. If we do win this year - I don't anticipate us three peating. We'd be in a rebuilding mode.

From a guard perspecive - I'd just take Ellington at this point because I see him and KCP as equal defenders at this point. There is not a shred of fear by Clarkson, Mitchell or Conley when KCP is guarding him.

He's not going to be able to guard Harden, Kyrie or PG. Last year he was our third best scorer - this year he's like 6th.

so the phenom, the guy kawai couldnt believe is 20 etc is getting moved? A klutch client?

Which Klutch Clients matter more?

Lebron + AD + Harrell winning a ring

or the guy who is in his 2nd year? Not all clients are in the same tier and THT is far from their tier. Rich will priortize Lebron + AD over all. You can't make all clients happy but you sure as hell make the ones who made you rich happy.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:15 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Halflife wrote:
ahaider wrote:

THT is a good kid and a hard worker but I would trade him for a win now piece, he’s to inexperience and raw to make a difference right now and despite being apart of Klutch I can see some desire by the FO to see what they can get for someone who is touted with high potential, you put THT on a team like the Cavs or Minny and you will suddenly see him do more well because of being in a different environment.

Yeah he had a lot of good moments in the Rockets series but overall you can’t count on him.
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:16 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Halflife wrote:
ahaider wrote:

They won because Lebron + AD played at Kobe/Shaq levels. Not because this kid came in for 2 games for 15 minutes.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:17 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Halflife wrote:
ahaider wrote:

Yeah he had a lot of good moments in the Rockets series but overall you can’t count on him.

what do mean? we counted on him because we werent playing the guys everyone is clamoring for and he came through.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:21 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Halflife wrote:
ahaider wrote:

what do mean? we counted on him because we werent playing the guys everyone is clamoring for and he came through.

Yeah I’m not taking anything away from THT, I’m pretty sure the Lakers want to invest in him and are okay with him making mistakes, he was awesome during the Nuggets game in LA. and obviously the break out during the preseason but this team is simply way to motivated to win now and we have no idea how long LeBron can do his thing.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:24 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Halflife wrote:

or his name is trade rumors/

Casey P. has been in trade rumors for basically his entire tenure with the Lakers. Here's an example from over two years ago.

I am aware but coach came out a few weeks ago saying how vital he is. Usually a kiss of death but seemingly not here.

I'm not following this logic. Casey P. is slumping because the coach said that he was vital to the team, which somehow meant that he was about to be traded? I think Occam's Razor is helpful here: He's most likely in a slump because he is prone to going into an occasional slump.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:27 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Imagine how this team looks last year if AD is gone for a month. Equally bad or even worse. Then you have Dennis out too? We didn't have the equivalent Dennis level player last year.

I don't think you make panic-driven moves. I think we would have been ok if Dennis was here. We were 5-1 with AD out. Our current losing streak came against tougher teams and without Dennis. I think we easily split the last 4 losses and all of a sudden we are 7-3 without AD, which is pretty good.

Not so sure about this...I remember one game vividly against OKC without Bron and AD and we destroyed them...remember we had Dwight and McGee last year so are defense without AD didn’t suffer that much...with Gasol it’s completely different cuz he’s so slow...when he switches it’s game over...can’t recover can’t put a hand up on PNR...I encourage everyone on this site to listen to NBA radio and their hosts including Scalabrine, Daniels, Mitchell, EJ...they said it from day one what a massive mistake it was to sign Gasol and not bring back Dwight. Now we’re looking for help exactly for that position.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:28 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Casey P. has been in trade rumors for basically his entire tenure with the Lakers. Here's an example from over two years ago.

I am aware but coach came out a few weeks ago saying how vital he is. Usually a kiss of death but seemingly not here.

I'm not following this logic. Casey P. is slumping because the coach said that he was vital to the team, which somehow meant that he was about to be traded? I think Occam's Razor is helpful here: He's most likely in a slump because he is prone to going into an occasional slump.

because historically a lot of guys get into funks if their names are part of trades.However my bad. i thought this was about carushow.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:28 am    Post subject:

Bottom line, guys, we need a rim protector.

and if the guys start shooting better, great. But we need a Drummond or Whiteside, in my opinion. Too many easy inside layups for teams.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:32 am    Post subject:

I wanna be optimistic and think like Y2001 but the eye test suggests that the team weren’t world beaters even when we had everyone playing this year, we were 3-7 against the contenders and were barely squeezing out wins against bottom feeders, I’m not suggesting the FO to blow it up but we need to make some moves to inject some life into the team.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:33 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:

and if the guys start shooting better, great. But we need a Drummond or Whiteside, in my opinion. Too many easy inside layups for teams.

I think Lakers players recognize there's too many easy paint opportunities for opponents and that's why the D against the 3-ball has been crap lately. They're stepping off their man. No faith in the interior defense to stop the drive.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:37 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Odds for what team DeMarcus Cousins will play for next (Bovada):

Nets +275
Lakers +400
Heat/Celtics +500
Raptors +550
Celtics +500
Knicks/Warriors +850
Trail Blazers +1200
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:40 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Halflife wrote:

How dare you use logic or reason!
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:43 am    Post subject:

Food for thought. Past six games (minus AD for 5.5 of them), Lakers 3 shooting:

3 percentage under 30% vs Nugs, Nets, Heat, Jazz (all L)

3 percentage around their season average of 34/35%: Washington (L)

3 percentage above their season average: T-Wolves (over 40%) (W).
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:45 am    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

I think Lakers players recognize there's too many easy paint opportunities for opponents and that's why the D against the 3-ball has been crap lately. They're stepping off their man. No faith in the interior defense to stop the drive.

Won't overall disagree but last night - egad, Jazz for alot of that game were just plain old super-nova from 3, hand in face or not.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:48 am    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:
We really only have one good guard in DS and a niche player in AC. AC plays well with Lebron + AD.

Moving Wes or KCP would be a higher priority item for us. I think KCP no longer shoots + defends at the level of last year. We’re weakest at the 2 Spot. At the very least we need a knockdown shooter and defender there and neither of those guys are that.

As strange as it may seem, KCP is still (at about the same volume) shooting above 40% from 3 this year. Unclear how the season % will end up, but currently is slightly higher than last year.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:02 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Nets +275
Lakers +400
Heat/Celtics +500
Raptors +550
Celtics +500
Knicks/Warriors +850
Trail Blazers +1200

Hmmmm.. does Vegas know something? If Nets are the favorites to land Cousins does that mean the door is open on Drummond coming to the Lakers?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:11 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Nets +275
Lakers +400
Heat/Celtics +500
Raptors +550
Celtics +500
Knicks/Warriors +850
Trail Blazers +1200

Hmmmm.. does Vegas know something? If Nets are the favorites to land Cousins does that mean the door is open on Drummond coming to the Lakers?

Saw a lot of Drummond to Knicks chatter. Maybe it’s true and the Nets have moved on to Cousins.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:13 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Nets +275
Lakers +400
Heat/Celtics +500
Raptors +550
Celtics +500
Knicks/Warriors +850
Trail Blazers +1200

Saw a lot of Drummond to Knicks chatter. Maybe it’s true and the Nets have moved on to Cousins.

Yeah that’s probably the reason for the shift, still hoping Pelinka gets him at the last minute, hopefully Drummond values winning over playing in his home town.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Did I miss something? Isn’t Drummonds contract around $28 M?

I thought the Cavs are still trying to trade him to get something back instead of buying him out. Has that changed?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:

I thought the Cavs are still trying to trade him to get something back instead of buying him out. Has that changed?

It’s not up to the Cavs, if they can’t find a proper deal they will have no choice but to buy him out.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:

It’s not up to the Cavs, if they can’t find a proper deal they will have no choice but to buy him out.

or keep him.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:48 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/juicemantdtttt/status/1364765057389891586/photo/1
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:03 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:

His name is AD
when the games matter the most AD plays the 5
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5733, 5734, 5735 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 5734 of 8560
Jump to: