OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5761, 5762, 5763 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Shams: Pistons working on a buy out for Wayne Ellington 👀

Where did you see this I can’t find a source?
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:55 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
It be nice if Suns and Clippers lose tonight...

Spurs. Nuggets, Blazers are all playing too...

Miggz...your wish is so far half-granted.

Gonna be paying attention to the Suns game. I am now a Warriors fan for the next couple hours or so.

Hehehe...

Needs those other teams to lose. We now only have 3 games cushion out of 8th place. It was 6 games after the Nets game, and 4.5 games before the Blazers game.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:55 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/lxx650/shams_just_said_pistons_are_working_towards_a/
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:02 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/lxx650/shams_just_said_pistons_are_working_towards_a/

Thanks. If he becomes available I’m not sure a better shooter than he will hit the buyout market.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:10 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Thanks. If he becomes available I’m not sure a better shooter than he will hit the buyout market.

Agreed, he would be a great asset....
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Ellington, a big, BG and offload Waste Matthews = profit.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Would Ellington be an upgrade over Matthews? For sure, right?
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:25 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Would Ellington be an upgrade over Matthews? For sure, right?

If he catches the Lakers curse (suddenly forgets how to shoot), then he's no better or worse. Just another worthless, useless, lifeless player in the rotation.

As it looks right now, he sure can't be any worse.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:39 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

That's an erroneous report. Shams said that the Pistons are working toward a buyout with Blake Griffin and that contenders are likely to be interested in Ellington. The poster on Reddit conflated the two comments.

Quote:
Sources tell me and The Athletic’s James Edwards III that the Pistons are expected to work toward a contract buyout with forward Blake Griffin, and sharpshooter Wayne Ellington is expected to receive interest from contending teams.

Paywall: https://theathletic.com/2425373/2021/03/04/nba-trade-news-rumors-blake-griffin-p-j-tucker-andre-drummond-shams/

This makes sense. Why would the Pistons buy out a guy on a minimum contract who is shooting over .400 from three this year? They can get something back in exchange for him.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

That's an erroneous report. Shams said that the Pistons are working toward a buyout with Blake Griffin and that contenders are likely to be interested in Ellington. The poster on Reddit conflated the two comments.

Quote:
Sources tell me and The Athletic’s James Edwards III that the Pistons are expected to work toward a contract buyout with forward Blake Griffin, and sharpshooter Wayne Ellington is expected to receive interest from contending teams.

Paywall: https://theathletic.com/2425373/2021/03/04/nba-trade-news-rumors-blake-griffin-p-j-tucker-andre-drummond-shams/

This makes sense. Why would the Pistons buy out a guy on a minimum contract who is shooting over .400 from three this year? They can get something back in exchange for him.

Thanks for clarifying
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:52 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Gonna be paying attention to the Suns game. I am now a Warriors fan for the next couple hours or so.

Hehehe...

Needs those other teams to lose. We now only have 3 games cushion out of 8th place. It was 6 games after the Nets game, and 4.5 games before the Blazers game.

Unfortunately, the Warriors trying, but without Curry that's a lotto squad. Booker, CP3, Ayton just too much. Suns have 5 guys 10+ points. GS currently only has 2.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

IG, bro, let's not cite to reddit for anything other than comments fans may make about their teams - sparingly.
M2K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Pelinka is probably working on something big, Pelinka and the FO usually like when it’s quiet don’t be surprised if we land someone and it’s a player we never really talked about.

I think Pelinka and the FO has seen enough to understand that a trade or signing(s) have to take place for this club to meet the challenges of the playoffs.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:59 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Hehehe...

Unfortunately, the Warriors trying, but without Curry that's a lotto squad. Booker, CP3, Ayton just too much. Suns have 7 guys 10+ points. GS currently only has 3.

Updated
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:02 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Quote:

Thanks for clarifying

I mean I also appreciate the clarifying.. but how can a person read that article and just assume that Shams reported a buy out for Ellington? What if Shams said it on a pod and that’s how the person found out? Even a dog can see that the Athletic article mentions no buy out talk for Ellington.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:05 pm    Post subject:

M2K wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Pelinka is probably working on something big, Pelinka and the FO usually like when it’s quiet don’t be surprised if we land someone and it’s a player we never really talked about.

I think Pelinka and the FO has seen enough to understand that a trade or signing(s) have to take place for this club to meet the challenges of the playoffs.

I think Pelinka is waiting to see what the Clippers and other contenders do, I would say there is a very good chance that the Clippers pull off a big move, I can see the same for the Bucks and Celtics.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
M2K wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I think Pelinka is waiting to see what the Clippers and other contenders do, I would say there is a very good chance that the Clippers pull off a big move, I can see the same for the Bucks and Celtics.

Might be dangerous being the passive team, we have obvious holes and the front office and coach should know by now what additions would bring us to another level.

Agree about the Clips, they likely bringing in a playmaker just hopefully not Lowry.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
M2K wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Might be dangerous being the passive team, we have obvious holes and the front office and coach should know by now what additions would bring us to another level.

Agree about the Clips, they likely bringing in a playmaker just hopefully not Lowry.

Pelinka watches no one and is the last passive GM in the league. We should all know that. He is not seeing what others are doing, just what he can do.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
M2K wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Yeah Lowry on the Clippers would be trouble for the Lakers, Lowry has known to be a thorn when we have played him in recent years, 19 assists for Lowry today against the Celtics, yeah I’m pretty sure the Clippers would be thrilled to have him.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Man, it's like people never lived through the early 2000s. Relax and let this team get rested, healthy, coalesce, and improve at the margins via the buyout market on their way to a repeat title over the Nets.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I mean I also appreciate the clarifying.. but how can a person read that article and just assume that Shams reported a buy out for Ellington? What if Shams said it on a pod and that’s how the person found out? Even a dog can see that the Athletic article mentions no buy out talk for Ellington.

People do that all the time. They hear what they want to hear, they read what they want the article to say. It's not a big deal. The report seemed implausible to me, because teams don't buy out quality players on a minimum contract. What, are they going to save money by signing someone else on a smaller minimum contract? If the Pistons wanted to let Ellington as a goodwill gesture, they'd just cut him, let him sign somewhere else, and offset the contract. So I looked up what Shams said about Ellington.

But sure, it's possible that this guy really did hear Shams say something that is different from what he said in writing. If the Pistons buy out Ellington, I'll raise a toast to the guy. Just the same, I sure would expect Shams to have put something that significant in writing, at least on his Twitter feed.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:50 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Unfortunately, the Warriors trying, but without Curry that's a lotto squad. Booker, CP3, Ayton just too much. Suns have 5 guys 10+ points. GS currently only has 2.

Looks like they were trending towards being a lotto team with Curry too.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:59 pm    Post subject:

How about KCP/Mckinnie/Second for Oubre???

Oubre is been in a lot of rumors and Warriors might be trying to move him and Wiggins.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

This makes zero sense. Ellington is basically on a minimum contract. He's playing well. Why would the Pistons buy him out? And if they did want to buy him out, there isn't anything to work out. They could buy him out for virtually nothing and another team would pick him up and make up the tiny amount he lost.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:09 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
How about KCP/Mckinnie/Second for Oubre???

Oubre is been in a lot of rumors and Warriors might be trying to move him and Wiggins.

Warriors won’t do that
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5761, 5762, 5763 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 5762 of 8560
Jump to: