OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5762, 5763, 5764 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:10 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Shams: Pistons working on a buy out for Wayne Ellington đź‘€

This makes zero sense. Ellington is basically on a minimum contract. He's playing well. Why would the Pistons buy him out? And if they did want to buy him out, there isn't anything to work out. They could buy him out for virtually nothing and another team would pick him up and make up the tiny amount he lost.

Just posting what I saw, yeah I know, lots of contenders would give up value to acquire Ellington so I don’t expect any buy out to take place.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:01 am    Post subject:

Love how Woj keeps the Lakers out of the teams showing interest in Griffin, but Stein and others have reported Lakers interest.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:02 am    Post subject:

Looks like Blake Griffin is Brooklyn bound, oh well.. maybe we try to get John Collins from ATL..
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:08 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The Brooklyn Nets are believed to be leaders to sign six-time All-Star Blake Griffin, sources tell me and @JLEdwardsIII. Rival teams with interest are expecting Griffin to choose Nets as a title favorite for chance to win a championship.

Makes the most sense in terms of money and chance to win chip.

The only reason he would pick the Lakers is if he wants to stick it to Ballmer.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:12 am    Post subject:

Hopefully Pelinka will have something up his sleeve if Griffin goes to the Nets..

KD/Harden/Irving/Harris/Griffin/DJ

Damn
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:13 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
The Brooklyn Nets are believed to be leaders to sign six-time All-Star Blake Griffin, sources tell me and @JLEdwardsIII. Rival teams with interest are expecting Griffin to choose Nets as a title favorite for chance to win a championship.

not the only reason. his show is out here. he is in LA more than detroit. I know a lady that works on some writing for/with him and he definitely has his roots firmly planted in los angeles.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:18 am    Post subject:

Nets can still end up trading for a player like P.J. Tucker and further boost there title chances...

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:19 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

not the only reason. his show is out here. he is in LA more than detroit. I know a lady that works on some writing for/with him and he definitely has his roots firmly planted in los angeles.

Oh for sure that’s an off court thing. We will see what happens, but in today’s players league more than ever he could tell the Nets he wants to be in LA like he has been doing during his off time in Detroit and I’m sure the Nets will accommodate.

It’s all on him if he wants to fly to LA or not have that hassle. Imo it’s not really about the money for Blake so it’s either LA or the Nets.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:20 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Nets can still end up trading for a player like P.J. Tucker and further boost there title chances...

Rumor going around is that Morey will offer a 2nd round pick to get one of his guys.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:23 am    Post subject:

(bleep) Nets, man.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:26 am    Post subject:

It’s funny to me how stars migrate away from the conference Lebron is in and try to stack the deck just to win. Basically just dominate the lesser conference and be fresh for the battle against LBJ and one of his superstar sidekicks. This time it’s AD.

Going to be a tall task for old man LBJ to get #5 on 71 days rest and playing the entire season while Kyrie and KD have basically had 2 years off

Really the only one who doesn’t give a (bleep) is Kawhi who only wants to live in San Diego and show up to games. PG has no clue what he wants, he just rides the current wave.

Oh and then there is this:

https://twitter.com/dlo16__/status/1367901858312884227?s=21
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:28 am    Post subject:

I've only seen some highlights but like others have said Griffin looks like a shell of himself. He's still a good passer but boards are way down and he's only a pick and pop guy and defensive liability. That won't help LA and if the Nets land him and lessen their odds of a Drummond type all good.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:29 am    Post subject:

Makes perfect sense why he'd go to Brooklyn, they actually have minutes for him.

Here, we have AD, Marc, Montrezl, LeBron, Kuzma, and Morris all getting minutes at the 4/5. Blake got a buyout so he could get playing time, not a chance at playing time if he can outplay a couple guys.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:30 am    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:
I've only seen some highlights but like others have said Griffin looks like a shell of himself. He's still a good passer but boards are way down and he's only a pick and pop guy and defensive liability. That won't help LA and if the Nets land him and lessen their odds of a Drummond type all good.

I don’t think he’s as bad as he showed in Detroit. We saw his tryout game past few years against the Lakers.

But yeah, Drummond would be the better fit for the Lakers no doubt.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:31 am    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
Makes perfect sense why he'd go to Brooklyn, they actually have minutes for him.

Here, we have AD, Marc, Montrezl, LeBron, Kuzma, and Morris all getting minutes at the 4/5. Blake got a buyout so he could get playing time, not a chance at playing time if he can outplay a couple guys.

Imo if Blake does come to the Lakers, that signals Trezz is getting moved.

But I think Blake will pick Nets anyway.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:37 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
fansincemagic wrote:

I don’t think he’s as bad as he showed in Detroit. We saw his tryout game past few years against the Lakers.

But yeah, Drummond would be the better fit for the Lakers no doubt.

I mean I hope he's just dogging it but he looks more stiff than lazy. Hope I for his sake he has something left.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:40 am    Post subject:

There is still a small chance, Griffin’s camp convinces him to sign with a L.A. team so maybe something changes soon cause I know it’s been known that Blake Griffin’s family loves being in LA.
paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:42 am    Post subject:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nba-news-blake-griffin-agrees-to-buyout-with-pistons-unrestricted-free-agent-171022640.html

Report: Blake Griffin agrees to buyout with Pistons, becomes unrestricted free agent

Blake Griffin and the Detroit Pistons agreed to a contract buyout, making the six-time All-Star an unrestricted free agent, ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reported Friday.

Griffin has attracted interest from most of the league's top playoff contenders, per ESPN. He'll talk with the perspective teams before making a decision, per the report.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:51 am    Post subject:

Marvin Bagley III... anyone?

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1367908031523131396
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:10 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Nah........
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:14 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

For the right price. 21 years old, size, mobility and can shoot from deep.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:15 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

I would trade for him. Still a lot of potential, just needs good coaching and development.

That said, you need to flip at least a 1st round pick, or equitable potentially busting lotto talent (and probably more if you're paying the Kings for the ugly chance of him blossoming on the Lakers). So it doesn't matter.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:21 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Love how Woj keeps the Lakers out of the teams showing interest in Griffin, but Stein and others have reported Lakers interest.

Woj doesn't have links to the FO, so he wouldn't hear about it

Lol you guys sometimes with your wojspiracies. What's the implication here? Woj is hoping Griffin will read his tweets and think "hmmm...guess the Lakers don't want me. Also, i'm not going to talk to my agent for the next few days"
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:32 am    Post subject:

Pretty shocked to hear that Marvin Bagley III is only 21, and reading all these bust comments you would think he was like 23 or 24, If we were to get him I have confidence Phil Handy and others can help him reach some of his potential.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:54 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Right, because Stein has insider connections in the Lakers front office. Seriously, let's be realistic about this. Anytime a player is, or might be, on the market, the default action for many sportswriters is to list the Lakers as being interested. If for no other reason, this is true because connecting the Lakers will generate clicks and shares and links and all the other kind of stuff that is important to sportswriters. So, if you see someone linking the Lakers to player XYZ, that and about five bucks will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5762, 5763, 5764 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 5763 of 8560
Jump to: