OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5763, 5764, 5765 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:55 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Love how Woj keeps the Lakers out of the teams showing interest in Griffin, but Stein and others have reported Lakers interest.

Woj doesn't have links to the FO, so he wouldn't hear about it

Lol you guys sometimes with your wojspiracies. What's the implication here? Woj is hoping Griffin will read his tweets and think "hmmm...guess the Lakers don't want me. Also, i'm not going to talk to my agent for the next few days"

No. The implication is woj is on Ballmer’s payroll which a ton of people believe. Just poke around...
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:03 pm    Post subject:

So why the long wait to make the Griffin to Nets official? Gotta think another contender is swaying his decision right now
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:09 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
So why the long wait to make the Griffin to Nets official? Gotta think another contender is swaying his decision right now

Long wait? He was bought out just a couple of hours ago. Now he'll probably talk with a few teams, and make his decision sometime next week.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Long wait, IG? Wow, you think things move a lot faster than they do. I see him signing in a week or two.
carjoch831
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:19 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

He needs to clear waivers.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:26 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Love how Woj keeps the Lakers out of the teams showing interest in Griffin, but Stein and others have reported Lakers interest.

Lol you guys sometimes with your wojspiracies. What's the implication here? Woj is hoping Griffin will read his tweets and think "hmmm...guess the Lakers don't want me. Also, i'm not going to talk to my agent for the next few days"

No. The implication is woj is on Ballmer’s payroll which a ton of people believe. Just poke around...

Even pretending that's true...so what? Why is Woj "keeping" the Lakers out of Blake talks in your eyes? Is he a gatekeeper between teams and agents?
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:30 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Even pretending that's true...so what? Why is Woj "keeping" the Lakers out of Blake talks in your eyes? Is he a gatekeeper between teams and agents?

I think the logic is that Ballmer is paying Woj to say the Lakers aren’t interested and when the Lakers see that they’ll think “damn guess we aren’t interested” and move on.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:40 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

I think the logic is that Ballmer is paying Woj to say the Lakers aren’t interested and when the Lakers see that they’ll think “damn guess we aren’t interested” and move on.

Next level psycho-ops by Ballmer. If only he had thought to ask Woj to tweet "The Lakers are not interested in Lebron James" and "The Lakers have decided not to trade for Anthony Davis."
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:41 pm    Post subject:

Blake probably already lined up his next team before accepting the buyout. Yes that’s tampering but it probably happens all the time. Nets can offer most money with that Dinwiddie injury exception.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:48 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Next level psycho-ops by Ballmer.

Okay, I'm not supposed to tell you this, but what the heck. You know all those stories about how Bill Gates is using the Covid-19 vaccine to microchip everyone? Well, the stories weren't quite right. It's Ballmer, not Gates.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:50 pm    Post subject:

The idea that the Clippers are a possible destination is nuts. Brooklyn seems like an obvious destination for a number of reasons (including playing with DeAndre again). It would however IMO signal Brooklyn wasn't likely to get Drummond in a buyout. Perhaps Andre never gets there, but it's hard to imagine them adding both.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:55 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
ocho wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Next level psycho-ops by Ballmer. If only he had thought to ask Woj to tweet "The Lakers are not interested in Lebron James" and "The Lakers have decided not to trade for Anthony Davis."

It’s a propaganda game in the media. Let’s not have a dishonest spin on this. It was talked about all last season.

This has nothing to do with “fooling” the Lakers. It’s using the media to drive agenda. Woj is getting compensated for all his pro-clippers pushing tweets.

Anyway, yeah sure I’m a conspiracy theorist. Back to trade/buyout talk.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:16 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
ocho wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

It’s a propaganda game in the media. Let’s not have a dishonest spin on this. It was talked about all last season.

This has nothing to do with “fooling” the Lakers. It’s using the media to drive agenda. Woj is getting compensated for all his pro-clippers pushing tweets.

I think it's a legit take. Not sure what I believe but I find Woj's infamous "sauces" to have taken a strange spin ever since he joined espn. I felt he was more - reliable? - when he was just "that yahoo guy".
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Here's my hot take for the day:

Lakers will make zero trades. Only move will be in the buyout market.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Next level psycho-ops by Ballmer.

Okay, I'm not supposed to tell you this, but what the heck. You know all those stories about how Bill Gates is using the Covid-19 vaccine to microchip everyone? Well, the stories weren't quite right. It's Ballmer, not Gates.

Be careful. Someone is going to twit this out and it will go viral
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:36 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Here's my hot take for the day:

Lakers will make zero trades. Only move will be in the buyout market.

What made you come to that conclusion? I think it’s a very good sign that things have been quiet for the Lakers, usually that’s when something is happening.. you just never know that’s why fans are f5ing most of the time.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:18 pm    Post subject:

Griffin is officially a FA

https://mobile.twitter.com/SIChrisMannix/status/1367959099829325825
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:32 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
ocho wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Any good conspiracy theory ought to at least have some hypothetical benefit to someone. Anyone. It’s the problem the flat earthers have. To whom does the insistence that the world is round benefit? The idea that Ballmer employs Woj (who, of course, risks his entire career and reputation by taking this kickback) to sabotage the Lakers by leaving their name out of a report on teams interested in a washed up Blake Griffin is a genius plan to benefit...who exactly?
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Griffin is officially a FA

https://mobile.twitter.com/SIChrisMannix/status/1367959099829325825

His game has fallen so off, it'll be interesting to see who picks him up....
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:44 pm    Post subject:

Kyle Goon hinting that if the Lakers and DS don’t come to a agreement on a extension the Lakers might explore trade possibilities

https://www.ocregister.com/2021/03/05/the-lakers-the-trade-deadline-and-the-buyout-market-what-to-expect/
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Kyle Goon hinting that if the Lakers and DS don’t come to a agreement on a extension the Lakers might explore trade possibilities

https://www.ocregister.com/2021/03/05/the-lakers-the-trade-deadline-and-the-buyout-market-what-to-expect/

That’s not what he said. He said that in the event that they can’t come to an agreement the Lakers would look to move him but both sides are painting a “rosy” outlook to each other so it’s far more likely they come to agreement.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for clarifying
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:11 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

I think the whole "Woj is on Ballmer's payroll thing" started when Woj kept insisting that Leonard would sign with the Clippers, rather than the Lakers. Lots of Lakers fans thought he was biased, which segued into them believing Ballmer was paying him.

It turned out, of course, that Woj was right. I wouldn't be surprised if Ballmer was slipping Woj information, but I doubt he was giving him money.

But then lots of Lakers fans think Ballmer is giving money to everyone they perceive is against the team.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:17 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
ocho wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Any good conspiracy theory ought to at least have some hypothetical benefit to someone. Anyone. It’s the problem the flat earthers have. To whom does the insistence that the world is round benefit? The idea that Ballmer employs Woj (who, of course, risks his entire career and reputation by taking this kickback) to sabotage the Lakers by leaving their name out of a report on teams interested in a washed up Blake Griffin is a genius plan to benefit...who exactly?

Please, we all know Steve Ballmer spends 15 hours a day on LG under a fake name cackling with delight everytime he irritates Lakers fans with one of his schemes. That is his reason for being.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:18 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

Ok let me clear a few things up and then I’m off this topic:

1. This has been widely speculated since last season. I have said a million times myself that Woj would love to be the next Lee Jenkins. Is he getting paid on the side? Given all the Kawhi/West tampering and court news, I don’t think it’s far fetched that he was compensated somehow or the hint of a possible employment/partnership. We saw all the gifts go out to media members which that’s not a huge deal, but we saw Ramona flip the script and try to ride the Ballmer train.

2. If you want to go the Lee Jenkins route, it is totally beneficial to tweet out pro-clippers stuff and slight the Lakers. People use the media for agenda. This is no different, particularly if Woj would like to use that connection to get a gig with an NBA team with the richest owner.

3. This was talked about extensively last season by multiple people and specifically on LG mainly in the gap thread. I don’t know why this is suddenly causing a Kyrie-like reaction, but whatever.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5763, 5764, 5765 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 5764 of 8560
Jump to: