OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5764, 5765, 5766 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:24 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Love how Woj keeps the Lakers out of the teams showing interest in Griffin, but Stein and others have reported Lakers interest.

Woj doesn't have links to the FO, so he wouldn't hear about it

Lol you guys sometimes with your wojspiracies. What's the implication here? Woj is hoping Griffin will read his tweets and think "hmmm...guess the Lakers don't want me. Also, i'm not going to talk to my agent for the next few days"

No. The implication is woj is on Ballmer’s payroll which a ton of people believe. Just poke around...

I think the whole "Woj is on Ballmer's payroll thing" started when Woj kept insisting that Leonard would sign with the Clippers, rather than the Lakers. Lots of Lakers fans thought he was biased, which segued into them believing Ballmer was paying him.

It turned out, of course, that Woj was right. I wouldn't be surprised if Ballmer was slipping Woj information, but I doubt he was giving him money.

But then lots of Lakers fans think Ballmer is giving money to everyone they perceive is against the team.

Personally, I don’t perceive it as anything against the Lakers. It’s a pro-clippers agenda of you scratch my back and I scratch yours. It just so happened that last season the Clippers were in full anti-Laker agenda mode. After the collapse in the bubble, they aren’t pushing anti-laker propaganda as much.
ibitegirls
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Didn't Pelinka and WOJ do a podcast together after the Championship? I find it hard to believe WOJ doesn't have link to Lakers.

The Clipper rumors are hilarious considering he literally ran away from Ballmer.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:34 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
ocho wrote:
Any good conspiracy theory ought to at least have some hypothetical benefit to someone. Anyone. It’s the problem the flat earthers have. To whom does the insistence that the world is round benefit? The idea that Ballmer employs Woj (who, of course, risks his entire career and reputation by taking this kickback) to sabotage the Lakers by leaving their name out of a report on teams interested in a washed up Blake Griffin is a genius plan to benefit...who exactly?

Ok let me clear a few things up and then I’m off this topic:

1. This has been widely speculated since last season. I have said a million times myself that Woj would love to be the next Lee Jenkins. Is he getting paid on the side? Given all the Kawhi/West tampering and court news, I don’t think it’s far fetched that he was compensated somehow or the hint of a possible employment/partnership. We saw all the gifts go out to media members which that’s not a huge deal, but we saw Ramona flip the script and try to ride the Ballmer train.

2. If you want to go the Lee Jenkins route, it is totally beneficial to tweet out pro-clippers stuff and slight the Lakers. People use the media for agenda. This is no different, particularly if Woj would like to use that connection to get a gig with an NBA team with the richest owner.

3. This was talked about extensively last season by multiple people and specifically on LG mainly in the gap thread. I don’t know why this is suddenly causing a Kyrie-like reaction, but whatever.

Widely speculated by who? Fans on message boards? I doubt Woj wants to be the next Lee Jenkins. I guarantee his salary dwarfs Jenkins’. If we are going to go with a conspiracy here, again, shouldn’t it benefit the Clippers? Or hurt the Lakers? This accomplishes neither.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:41 pm    Post subject:

ibitegirls wrote:
Didn't Pelinka and WOJ do a podcast together after the Championship? I find it hard to believe WOJ doesn't have link to Lakers.

The Clipper rumors are hilarious considering he literally ran away from Ballmer.

He does have a link to the Lakers and it’s Pelinka.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:42 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Widely speculated by who? Fans on message boards? I doubt Woj wants to be the next Lee Jenkins. I guarantee his salary dwarfs Jenkins’. If we are going to go with a conspiracy here, again, shouldn’t it benefit the Clippers? Or hurt the Lakers? This accomplishes neither.

Ok cool. No one uses the media for agenda.

Like I said I’m a conspiracy theorist so let’s leave it at that.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:50 pm    Post subject:

Blake would be useful during the AD rehab calf era.

Wonder if he has interest to start right away and play the Morris role, only better. This would allow the Lakers to move Morris to the bench, which helps him. Or even have a bench of Trez, Blake, Kuz, Caruso Schroder or Bron, easily one of the best in the NBA on paper.

Signing Blake means you can play Kuz at the 3 and slide Caruso to the 2. Less reliance on Wesley and THT at the 2 who have been inconsistent.

Playoff bench wars

Trez/AD
Blake
Kuz
Caruso
Bron/Dennis

That’s as good a bench as you will see in the NBA

Last edited by wolfpaclaker on Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:50 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
ocho wrote:

When you refuse to take the L.

Can't give even a theoretical reason why or what Ballmer would be paying Woj to do exactly. Woj is one of the most highly paid guys at ESPN. I doubt Jenkins, who was an SI journalist before (so Ballmer only had to pay him more than 100k) is making more.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:53 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
The idea that the Clippers are a possible destination is nuts. Brooklyn seems like an obvious destination for a number of reasons (including playing with DeAndre again). It would however IMO signal Brooklyn wasn't likely to get Drummond in a buyout. Perhaps Andre never gets there, but it's hard to imagine them adding both.

Drummond would be an amazing get. I wonder what contenders have the salaries to actually put something together for him. If there's no real trade threats, i'm happy to keep our powder dry for him.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:01 pm    Post subject:

Since it’s widely known that Griffin will sign with the Nets once he clears waivers on Sunday gotta think the FO is already working on other options, hopefully it’s Drummond
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:10 pm    Post subject:

I hope the FO isn't serious about Blake. He doesn't fill any of the needs we have, which are defense, length, rebounding, and 3 point shooting. He's just another big name who's a shell of himself. There's a reason West got rid of him.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:12 pm    Post subject:

What would Blake provide the Nets that they don't already have?
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Not that I want him, but I’m kinda surprised cousins hasn’t been picked up by a team yet.
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
Not that I want him, but I’m kinda surprised cousins hasn’t been picked up by a team yet.

His legs are shot. No bueno in today’s game
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Here's my hot take for the day:

Lakers will make zero trades. Only move will be in the buyout market.

What made you come to that conclusion? I think it’s a very good sign that things have been quiet for the Lakers, usually that’s when something is happening.. you just never know that’s why fans are f5ing most of the time.

In sum? Short off-season assembly of team that, despite AD not being 100% right, and guys still getting use to one another, still pulled off a 21-6 start with the current group before AD went down.

Now, we have picked apart that lakers start to no end (e.g. barely winning vs subpar teams, 3 straight OT games vs not very good teams, 3 shooting going in tank since Bucks game, paint defense looking putrid at times, Vog-why-da-F-you-s-damn-predictable, etc, etc), but I just think a GM under the given scenario is much more likely to see how things pan out rather than hit the trade button.

The recent article you posted re DS may change that, however. *If* he doesnt want to be here, then you trade the guy.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:19 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
The idea that the Clippers are a possible destination is nuts. Brooklyn seems like an obvious destination for a number of reasons (including playing with DeAndre again). It would however IMO signal Brooklyn wasn't likely to get Drummond in a buyout. Perhaps Andre never gets there, but it's hard to imagine them adding both.

Drummond would be an amazing get. I wonder what contenders have the salaries to actually put something together for him. If there's no real trade threats, i'm happy to keep our powder dry for him.

An ADx2 front court.

Hmmm.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:20 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
ocho wrote:

You’re all over the place dude. Saying that teams use the media to forward an agenda and saying Ballmer is wiring payments into Woj’s offshore account to keep Blake Griffin off the Lakers by not mentioning the two at all is quite a different thing. And if you’re to make such a claim it should at least, ya know, make sense for at least one of any of the parties involved.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:

He isn’t good.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Since it’s widely known that Griffin will sign with the Nets once he clears waivers on Sunday gotta think the FO is already working on other options, hopefully it’s Drummond

IG, you must have insiders at your finger tips. I haven't read all the Griffin to the Nets as "widely known" by any means.
Stein and WOJ don't count - they are guessing like everyone else.
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Why hasn’t Blake Griffin dunked the ball since 2019?
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:24 pm    Post subject:

No way Nets go after Griffin if that means no Drummond. They can offer Drummond more than any other contender, and that starting rotation would sleep walk through the East.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Black20Ice wrote:
Why hasn’t Blake Griffin dunked the ball since 2019?

Is this really true, I seen this comment before too, I mean I saw Kobe did a reverse baseline on Matt Barnes after all his injuries, just sayin
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:29 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:

Imagine they can convince Kyrie to go bananas as 6th man with Blake taking a spot in the starting squad, all he need to do is box out, occasional stretch 3pt and board, game over
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:25 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

Imagine they can convince Kyrie to go bananas as 6th man with Blake taking a spot in the starting squad, all he need to do is box out, occasional stretch 3pt and board, game over

Game over for who? You’d think other teams would gladly make griffin shoot a 3, the NETS are not that stupid to use him like that.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:26 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
ocho wrote:

You’re all over the place dude. Saying that teams use the media to forward an agenda and saying Ballmer is wiring payments into Woj’s offshore account to keep Blake Griffin off the Lakers by not mentioning the two at all is quite a different thing. And if you’re to make such a claim it should at least, ya know, make sense for at least one of any of the parties involved.

I didn’t say he was getting money wired. I really don’t want to rehash this. It’s all over the gap thread.

I never said he tweeted it to keep Blake off the Lakers. This isn’t a causality thing. It’s just to push an agenda. Stein had no issue tweeting the reported full list of interested teams.

Cheers.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:26 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
governator wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

Game over for who? You’d think other teams would gladly make griffin shoot a 3, the NETS are not that stupid to use him like that.

Mad:

Except v the Lakers you know he gonna be shooting like 60-70% from there
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5764, 5765, 5766 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 5765 of 8560
Jump to: