OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5765, 5766, 5767 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:27 pm    Post subject:

Well if Blake goes to the Nets, don't be surprised he does a reverse 360 in his first game back off of a lob from Harden.

Conspiracy theory: Both Harden and Blake had plans to join the Nets from the get go, and were willing to look unprofessional and bad until they go to Brooklyn. Which was why Kyrie and KD said in their interview they didn't need a coach - who needs one when you have an allstar team
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:29 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
ocho wrote:
Widely speculated by who? Fans on message boards? I doubt Woj wants to be the next Lee Jenkins. I guarantee his salary dwarfs Jenkins’. If we are going to go with a conspiracy here, again, shouldn’t it benefit the Clippers? Or hurt the Lakers? This accomplishes neither.

Ok cool. No one uses the media for agenda.

Like I said I’m a conspiracy theorist so let’s leave it at that.

When you refuse to take the L.

Can't give even a theoretical reason why or what Ballmer would be paying Woj to do exactly. Woj is one of the most highly paid guys at ESPN. I doubt Jenkins, who was an SI journalist before (so Ballmer only had to pay him more than 100k) is making more.

When I refuse to take the L? This has been talked about ad nauseum.

You just made it a point to come at me unprovoked. You are clearly trying to instigate something for whatever reason. Have a good day, I don’t engage when it gets to personal attacks.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:29 pm    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:

Conspiracy theory: Both Harden and Blake had plans to join the Nets from the get go, and were willing to look unprofessional and bad until they go to Brooklyn.

I guess Blake has wanted to go Brooklyn for a couple of years then.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:33 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Stein had no issue tweeting the reported full list of interested teams.

It’s not like there’s some official list of interested teams. Reporters talk to sources and ask who they think might be interested. The reporters hear different guesses from different people, which is why there isn't 100% agreement, until the herd collects around a few choices.

The notion that Woj knew the Lakers were interested but purposely didn't mention them seems silly to me.
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:36 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:
Why hasn’t Blake Griffin dunked the ball since 2019?

Is this really true, I seen this comment before too, I mean I saw Kobe did a reverse baseline on Matt Barnes after all his injuries, just sayin

It’s true. He hasn’t dunked since December 12, 2019 against the Dallas Mavericks.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:37 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

It’s not like there’s some official list of interested teams. Reporters talk to sources and ask who they think might be interested. The reporters hear different guesses from different people, which is why there isn't 100% agreement, until the herd collects around a few choices.

The notion that Woj knew the Lakers were interested but purposely didn't mention them seems silly to me.

Well he has a pattern and history of it. Stein is not the only one that mentioned the Lakers.

Like I said, I guess no one uses the media for propaganda and agenda anymore...social media has cleaned that up.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:39 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Well he has a pattern and history of it. Stein is not the only one that mentioned the Lakers.

Like I said, I guess no one uses the media for propaganda and agenda anymore...social media has cleaned that up.

You mean like how Woj has been reporting on several occasions that we are involved in PJ Tucker talks?
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:44 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Woj mentioned “contending teams”, and went on to mention Brooklyn, Golden State, Portland, Miami and Boston. Stein mentioned Brooklyn, LAL, LAC, Miami and Golden State. It is unclear which reporter is being paid by Ballmer with the goal of unseating Lee Jenkins but Woj’ track record is a lot more reliable than Stein’s. Shams has only mentioned Brooklyn so who even knows who is paying him.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:46 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

You mean like how Woj has been reporting on several occasions that we are involved in PJ Tucker talks?

Yes. It’s not like he doesn’t mention the Lakers at all. I really don’t get the attack today...go to the Clipper thread.

I mean (bleep) the guy who attacked me didn’t even know that Woj and Pelinka have a relationship. Doesn’t mean he hasn’t been pro-clippers for the past year like some other media members. It got quiet when Kawhi-gate Jerry West accusation came out.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:57 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
ocho wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Yes. It’s not like he doesn’t mention the Lakers at all. I really don’t get the attack today...go to the Clipper thread.

I mean (bleep) the guy who attacked me didn’t even know that Woj and Pelinka have a relationship. Doesn’t mean he hasn’t been pro-clippers for the past year like some other media members. It got quiet when Kawhi-gate Jerry West accusation came out.

I don’t think anyone is attacking you. The focus has been on the conspiracy you put forth and the fact that it remains completely unsubstantiated and illogical. You’re trying to tie it to other broader conspiracies and rumors instead of just admitting this one didn’t make any sense.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:07 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

I don't think there's a pattern.

I think there are Lakers fans with a chip on their shoulder who scream to the heavens at every perceived slight.

They remember the perceived slights, and forget the times when there wasn't a perceived slight, so the perceived slights seem like all there is.

A lot of Lakers fans simply enjoy feeling the world is against them and complaining about that to anyone who will listen. And usually the only ones who will listen are other Lakers fans with a chip on their shoulder, so they create an echo chamber that reinforces all the perceived slights in their minds.

It's really no different than politics or any other topic people are passionate about.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:10 pm    Post subject:

I think Blake is 'Salty' when it comes to NBA Team Owners and how they treat players. If he went back to the Clippers, I'd be very surprised!
I think he tolerated the Pistons for the sake of the Players, but he knew nothing was jumping off there, so why put himself on the line 100%.
I wouldn't be surprised if whatever team he goes, to, he's back to his old Lob-City Blake antics again.

In all honesty, he'd be a great fit for the Lakers, where he could probably learn somethings from LBJ from being able to preserve himself physically, but I think we're a long-shot at best!
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:16 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Woj mentioned “contending teams”, and went on to mention Brooklyn, Golden State, Portland, Miami and Boston. Stein mentioned Brooklyn, LAL, LAC, Miami and Golden State. It is unclear which reporter is being paid by Ballmer with the goal of unseating Lee Jenkins but Woj’ track record is a lot more reliable than Stein’s. Shams has only mentioned Brooklyn so who even knows who is paying him.

All I saw was the tweet where he said: Among teams that are expected to be considered for Griffin's next stop, sources tell ESPN: Brooklyn, Golden State, Miami and Portland.

I don't know what that means. Maybe he spoke to someone in Griffin's camp and those were the four teams he was told.

Seriously, I can't imagine why any team would pay a reporter to report something like this. That's just fan paranoia.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
Well if Blake goes to the Nets, don't be surprised he does a reverse 360 in his first game back off of a lob from Harden.

Conspiracy theory: Both Harden and Blake had plans to join the Nets from the get go, and were willing to look unprofessional and bad until they go to Brooklyn. Which was why Kyrie and KD said in their interview they didn't need a coach - who needs one when you have an allstar team

Wow, that would be something if two stars talked about joining forces before they officially did so. And one guy maybe not giving 100% or even missing games? Maybe even wearing a shirt that joked about a premature exit? Well, I never!

Last edited by pjiddy on Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:34 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Here's my hot take for the day:

Lakers will make zero trades. Only move will be in the buyout market.

What made you come to that conclusion? I think it’s a very good sign that things have been quiet for the Lakers, usually that’s when something is happening.. you just never know that’s why fans are f5ing most of the time.

In sum? Short off-season assembly of team that, despite AD not being 100% right, and guys still getting use to one another, still pulled off a 21-6 start with the current group before AD went down.

Now, we have picked apart that lakers start to no end (e.g. barely winning vs subpar teams, 3 straight OT games vs not very good teams, 3 shooting going in tank since Bucks game, paint defense looking putrid at times, Vog-why-da-F-you-s-damn-predictable, etc, etc), but I just think a GM under the given scenario is much more likely to see how things pan out rather than hit the trade button.

The recent article you posted re DS may change that, however. *If* he doesnt want to be here, then you trade the guy.

We were fine until AD got injured. No trade is going to make up for that. If he doesn't come back healthy and good, we are done. Simple as that.

I doubt the Lakers will make a trade that reverses their overall strategic in response to what happened in the games while AD was out.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:39 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
ocho wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

All I saw was the tweet where he said: Among teams that are expected to be considered for Griffin's next stop, sources tell ESPN: Brooklyn, Golden State, Miami and Portland.

I don't know what that means. Maybe he spoke to someone in Griffin's camp and those were the four teams he was told.

Seriously, I can't imagine why any team would pay a reporter to report something like this. That's just fan paranoia.

It's also a major ethics violation. It's why anytime a reporter has a potential conflict of interest, e.g. an ESPN writer reporting on a story that implicates say a Disney employee, they have to declare in the article that ESPN is owned by Disney. Obviously non-financial exchanges are rife in the journalism world, but in the form of "access" (i.e. leaks, exclusives). But you can't just straight up pay a reporter to report favorably for you. That guy would be fired immediately.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:39 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
DrDent wrote:

What made you come to that conclusion? I think it’s a very good sign that things have been quiet for the Lakers, usually that’s when something is happening.. you just never know that’s why fans are f5ing most of the time.

In sum? Short off-season assembly of team that, despite AD not being 100% right, and guys still getting use to one another, still pulled off a 21-6 start with the current group before AD went down.

Now, we have picked apart that lakers start to no end (e.g. barely winning vs subpar teams, 3 straight OT games vs not very good teams, 3 shooting going in tank since Bucks game, paint defense looking putrid at times, Vog-why-da-F-you-s-damn-predictable, etc, etc), but I just think a GM under the given scenario is much more likely to see how things pan out rather than hit the trade button.

The recent article you posted re DS may change that, however. *If* he doesnt want to be here, then you trade the guy.

We were fine until AD got injured. No trade is going to make up for that. If he doesn't come back healthy and good, we are done. Simple as that.

I doubt the Lakers will make a trade that reverses their overall strategic in response to what happened in the games while AD was out.

I agree, but if a shooter becomes available it would be a nice addition. KCP is struggling and if he were to get hurt we would rely on Matthews to be our other “sharp shooter”. AD back healthy helps this team, but there is no denying the inability to consistently shoot around average from the three point line holds this team back from its maximum potential.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:44 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Given all the Kawhi/West tampering and court news, I don’t think it’s far fetched that he was compensated somehow or the hint of a possible employment/partnership.

Let's be fair to West. If you are referring to that guy who sued the Clippers saying they promised to pay him $2.5 million to help land Kawhi, I read the transcript of his depositions and he doesn't come off as credible. I expect the lawsuit to be dismissed.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:46 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
DrDent wrote:

Yep. No AD, no rings. Albeit if indeed DS is like "yea, I'm not re-signing", I personally try and see if I can make a good value deal to get something for him.
Leif
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:53 pm    Post subject:

Blake shoots more threes than interior shots. #LobCity
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:59 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
I don’t think anyone is attacking you. The focus has been on the conspiracy you put forth and the fact that it remains completely unsubstantiated and illogical. You’re trying to tie it to other broader conspiracies and rumors instead of just admitting this one didn’t make any sense.

It’s really not that serious

Just funny that today was the turning point to pick at it when it has been talked about for over a year in another thread.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:33 pm    Post subject:

We don’t need Blake
We could use shooters and a rim protector/rebounder
That’s what we need...
We don’t need Blake
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:35 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
We don’t need Blake
We could use shooters and a rim protector/rebounder
That’s what we need...
We don’t need Blake

EXACTLY !!
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:35 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Given all the Kawhi/West tampering and court news, I don’t think it’s far fetched that he was compensated somehow or the hint of a possible employment/partnership.

Let's be fair to West. If you are referring to that guy who sued the Clippers saying they promised to pay him $2.5 million to help land Kawhi, I read the transcript of his depositions and he doesn't come off as credible. I expect the lawsuit to be dismissed.

You might be right.... but that message from West was pretty bad...thanking the dude for his help implying he’ll reward him and calling the Lakers at sh!tshow
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:55 pm    Post subject:

Would KP be a good fit with AD?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5765, 5766, 5767 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 5766 of 8560
Jump to: