OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5766, 5767, 5768 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:55 pm    Post subject:

I don't get the desire of anyone to sign Blake at this stage of his career. He's shooting 36% from the field this season... After shooting 35% last season. And he's at 31.5% from three this year after 24% last season. In each season he's only pulled down 5 rebounds while still playing starter minutes. He's doner than done.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:57 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
I don't get the desire of anyone to sign Blake at this stage of his career. He's shooting 36% from the field this season... After shooting 35% last season. And he's at 31.5% from three this year after 24% last season. In each season he's only pulled down 5 rebounds while still playing starter minutes. He's doner than done.

The hope for Brooklyn Fans is that they are gonna see Griffin have a resurgent similar to Batum with the Clippers, also let’s be real if the Lakers had gotten Griffin almost all of Laker Nation would be jumping for Joy, he would have played his heart out as a Laker but there is no point talking about it cause he’s gonna go to the Nets.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:02 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Given all the Kawhi/West tampering and court news, I don’t think it’s far fetched that he was compensated somehow or the hint of a possible employment/partnership.

Let's be fair to West. If you are referring to that guy who sued the Clippers saying they promised to pay him $2.5 million to help land Kawhi, I read the transcript of his depositions and he doesn't come off as credible. I expect the lawsuit to be dismissed.

You might be right.... but that message from West was pretty bad...thanking the dude for his help implying he’ll reward him and calling the Lakers at sh!tshow

I don't think the message was bad.

There is nothing wrong with him calling the Lakers a sh*tshow in a private conversation. I am very amused that some people are shocked at that word or surprised that a GM would talk down another franchise he was competing with to land a free agent. I suspect West said pretty much everything in that voicemail to Kawhi as well.

There was nothing in his message that implied he was going to reward the guy.

All he said is he wanted to thank the guy and take him to dinner.
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:20 pm    Post subject:

We don't have the luxury to gamble on whether or not Blake is just pretending to be washed. We have serious holes that have to be addressed on the roster first. Shooter, playmaker and a rim protector
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:

The hope for Brooklyn Fans is that they are gonna see Griffin have a resurgent similar to Batum with the Clippers, also let’s be real if the Lakers had gotten Griffin almost all of Laker Nation would be jumping for Joy, he would have played his heart out as a Laker but there is no point talking about it cause he’s gonna go to the Nets.

The problem isn't Griffin's heart; it's his body.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

In Batum's case though we are talking about 22 games, when he was in a horrible shooting slump. While he looked done last year, there was some glimmer of hope there. Blake's has been going on for two years now. And more concerning is that his best attribute was his athleticism which is gone. At this stage of his career he's a spot up shooter... Who can't shoot. A power forward who rebounds poorly. And due to his injury history he's sitting out a lot of games, as well.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:

idkk, everyone I know at least didn't want Griffin anyone near the Lakers. Dude is extremely done at this point. He does absolutely nothing whatsoever to fix any of the weaknesses we have. Besides being an over the hill big name what would he offer this current team that someone we already have doesn't do better? I'm sure Pau would have played his heart for us as well but like activeverb said it's there bodies that are done (Pau more then Blake obviously but I wouldn't want either one).

I'd actually love to see him go to the Nets. He doesn't provide any defensive upgrade whatsoever in there frontcourt while any team playing them would consider it a massive win anytime he took a shot over anyone else in the game. That's a win for the rest of the league imo.
M2K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:02 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
We don’t need Blake
We could use shooters and a rim protector/rebounder
That’s what we need...
We don’t need Blake

Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:53 am    Post subject:

M2K wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
We don’t need Blake
We could use shooters and a rim protector/rebounder
That’s what we need...
We don’t need Blake

lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:00 am    Post subject:

Understanding the dichotomy of Blake Griffin being on a Clippers team that drafted him vs. the Detroit pistons who traded for him, the reason why he was traded as well as the players he was traded for, who by the way are no longer with the Clippers franchise. This in it of itself is a serious drain on the mental health of any player.

Blake was the #1 Overall Draft pick to the LA Clippers in 2009 that hosted a roster of 11 year vet Baron Davis, Rookie Eric Bledsoe, another Lakers swipe in Brian Cook, DeAndre Jordan, Eric Gordon, Mo Williams and a few other notable names, but no real superstars at the time.

Blake was immediately crowned the savior of the franchise and poised to take them to the promise land of the NBA Championship. Realize the dramatic effect and damaged that caused to such a young, athletic Superstar on the Rise. Although the Clippers aren't the Lakers, they're still in LA and being in LA on any pro-team is tremendous amounts of pressure to begin with. With that being said when the injury bug hit, Lob-City at risk, Balmer pushes the envelope and sends out who was referenced at being "The Greatest Clipper Player of All Time", nonetheless to the Detroit Pistons.

We have to ease-up on these guys, because one they make a ton of money to be professional athletes and if your in a small market, it's not that tough on your mental state. All things relative, if you have a stand-out player in High School and everyone relying on him to take the team to the state finals, that's enough pressure to tear a young man down.

Blake may not have the skills he once had, but who knows? Maybe he just hasn't had the mental capacity to recapture that level of dominant enthusiasm on the court again, maybe he needs proper motivation and time to heal. Coming to the Lakers 'Back-Home' where he has a home, his family, could do great things for his mental state of mind... No pressure this time around, just be you, be Blake Griffin! Let all the pressure rest on LBJ and a Young AD who's being groomed to receive the role.

I'd welcome Blake to the Lakers, I think he could help this team, give LBJ some rest, fill the gap while AD is out. If he can give us 12pts and 7 rebounds a game... I believe another Championship is ours this year! Not only because of Blake, but because the FO isn't finished and has a plan to solidify it!!!

Come to LA BLAKE, get a New Number, Spend more time with your family, Win a Championship and Revitalize your Career...
It's never to late to Build or Re-Build for that matter!!!
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:25 am    Post subject:

lakurluv wrote:
Understanding the dichotomy of Blake Griffin being on a Clippers team that drafted him vs. the Detroit pistons who traded for him, the reason why he was traded as well as the players he was traded for, who by the way are no longer with the Clippers franchise. This in it of itself is a serious drain on the mental health of any player.

Blake was the #1 Overall Draft pick to the LA Clippers in 2009 that hosted a roster of 11 year vet Baron Davis, Rookie Eric Bledsoe, another Lakers swipe in Brian Cook, DeAndre Jordan, Eric Gordon, Mo Williams and a few other notable names, but no real superstars at the time.

Blake was immediately crowned the savior of the franchise and poised to take them to the promise land of the NBA Championship. Realize the dramatic effect and damaged that caused to such a young, athletic Superstar on the Rise. Although the Clippers aren't the Lakers, they're still in LA and being in LA on any pro-team is tremendous amounts of pressure to begin with. With that being said when the injury bug hit, Lob-City at risk, Balmer pushes the envelope and sends out who was referenced at being "The Greatest Clipper Player of All Time", nonetheless to the Detroit Pistons.

We have to ease-up on these guys, because one they make a ton of money to be professional athletes and if your in a small market, it's not that tough on your mental state. All things relative, if you have a stand-out player in High School and everyone relying on him to take the team to the state finals, that's enough pressure to tear a young man down.

Blake may not have the skills he once had, but who knows? Maybe he just hasn't had the mental capacity to recapture that level of dominant enthusiasm on the court again, maybe he needs proper motivation and time to heal. Coming to the Lakers 'Back-Home' where he has a home, his family, could do great things for his mental state of mind... No pressure this time around, just be you, be Blake Griffin! Let all the pressure rest on LBJ and a Young AD who's being groomed to receive the role.

I'd welcome Blake to the Lakers, I think he could help this team, give LBJ some rest, fill the gap while AD is out. If he can give us 12pts and 7 rebounds a game... I believe another Championship is ours this year! Not only because of Blake, but because the FO isn't finished and has a plan to solidify it!!!

Come to LA BLAKE, get a New Number, Spend more time with your family, Win a Championship and Revitalize your Career...
It's never to late to Build or Re-Build for that matter!!!

Was that a motivational pep rally post for Blake? The guys is a stand still 3 point shooter now and he doesn’t even do that well. The only boards he gets are the ones that bounce to him. Praying Brooklyn sign him so and doesn’t pursue Drummond
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:49 am    Post subject:

Gave up $13+m, that's a lot of money, he gonna want to recoup that, Nets or Celtics
Maginka
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:01 am    Post subject:

BLAKERS from @Chrispalmernba
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:10 am    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChrisPalmerNBA/status/1367893312221310977
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:04 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

IF true, I'd have to think the FO has a list of my least favorite players and wants to test my loyalty
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:20 am    Post subject:

Lol...Chris Palmer is who? People believe anyone’s tweets these days.
No one else reporting squat.
Non story...
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:46 am    Post subject:

AD/Gasol
Blake/Trezz
LBJ/Kuz
KCP/THT
Schro/Caruso
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:52 am    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:
AD/Gasol
Blake/Trezz
LBJ/Kuz
KCP/THT
Schro/Caruso

No to AD at center for me 👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:54 am    Post subject:

lurklurk wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:
AD/Gasol
Blake/Trezz
LBJ/Kuz
KCP/THT
Schro/Caruso

that's how we won tho, our 'small ball' squad was huge and fast with AD/Bron at the front
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:03 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Gave up $13+m, that's a lot of money, he gonna want to recoup that, Nets or Celtics

He gave back $13 million of the $75 million he was owed. At a minimum he'll recoup about $5 million of that whoever he signs with.

The guy will have made about $250 million in salary, not counting endorsements. How much any extra money the Nets can pay will factor in is anyone's guess.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:13 pm    Post subject:

Drummond/Gasol/Trezz
AD/Trezz/Morris
LBJ/Kuz/Wes
KCP/THT/Wes
Schro/Caruso/THT

Slower and more methodical rotation but who tops this in a best of 7?
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:25 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
lurklurk wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:
AD/Gasol
Blake/Trezz
LBJ/Kuz
KCP/THT
Schro/Caruso

that's how we won tho, our 'small ball' squad was huge and fast with AD/Bron at the front

I know but i want AD happy, and AD doesnt like playing the 5.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:31 pm    Post subject:

lurklurk wrote:
governator wrote:
lurklurk wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:
AD/Gasol
Blake/Trezz
LBJ/Kuz
KCP/THT
Schro/Caruso

I know but i want AD happy, and AD doesnt like playing the 5.

Lakers won’t be getting Blake.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:34 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

IF true, I'd have to think the FO has a list of my least favorite players and wants to test my loyalty

Hmm. You might have a superpower. We may need to start making a list of players for you to dislike.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:37 pm    Post subject:

Blake Griffin? Maybe 4 years ago.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5766, 5767, 5768 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 5767 of 8560
Jump to: