OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 585, 586, 587 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:23 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Ainge screwed up big time. He had the world by the balls last offseason. The first round picks, which all looked great on paper, are not worth as much as once thought (Kings, Grizz, Clips ALL playing better than expected). They came off a playoff run where Rozier and Brown were two of their best players in the playoffs. Both of them have struggled since and Rozier is restricted FA next year. If Magic decides that trading for AD after signing a FA is the path he wants, I believe we can put a stronger package together than the Celtics. I am not saying I am for or against it as we have numerous paths to get the team to the next level. I just do not want to jump the gun and make a trade this year. It is a GREAT time to be a Laker fan.

he could have put together trades for 2 superstars even with how his cards looked. big screw up after he did everything almost perfect up until that point

He did wait to opportunistically snatch up Kyrie (and almost weakening the Cavs enough to take them to 7 games in the playoffs).

Boston does worry me b/c they have so many assets.

If ever a veto was needed, it was the fleecing of the Nets.

imagine if the Lakers robbed another team like that. dear God, the rage would destroy the league

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:26 am    Post subject:

GOODRICH25 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Ainge screwed up big time. He had the world by the balls last offseason. The first round picks, which all looked great on paper, are not worth as much as once thought (Kings, Grizz, Clips ALL playing better than expected). They came off a playoff run where Rozier and Brown were two of their best players in the playoffs. Both of them have struggled since and Rozier is restricted FA next year. If Magic decides that trading for AD after signing a FA is the path he wants, I believe we can put a stronger package together than the Celtics. I am not saying I am for or against it as we have numerous paths to get the team to the next level. I just do not want to jump the gun and make a trade this year. It is a GREAT time to be a Laker fan.

he could have put together trades for 2 superstars even with how his cards looked. big screw up after he did everything almost perfect up until that point

He did wait to opportunistically snatch up Kyrie (and almost weakening the Cavs enough to take them to 7 games in the playoffs).

Boston does worry me b/c they have so many assets.

If ever a veto was needed, it was the fleecing of the Nets.

imagine if the Lakers robbed another team like that. dear God, the rage would destroy the league

The Celts built their empire on the backs of the Nets. Pretty crazy.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:29 am    Post subject:

Tatum has taken a step back this year, I’m not sure how much value he really holds in a Davis trade... he isn’t good enough to be a deal breaker let’s get that straight...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:31 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Tatum has taken a step back this year, I’m not sure how much value he really holds in a Davis trade... he isn’t good enough to be a deal breaker let’s get that straight...

Um, Pels would do a deal with the Celts right away if Tatum was included.

Interestingly the Celts seem unwilling to part with him.

But they can't trade for AD this season so it's a moot point until the offseason.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:33 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

But they can't trade for AD this season so it's a moot point until the offseason.

The problem isn’t just Tatum, Pelicans are also gonna want Brown and other sweetners.. etc..etc.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:34 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

The problem isn’t just Tatum, Pelicans are also gonna want Brown and other sweetners.. etc..etc.

Which is why the Pels will sit back and wait for the offers in the summer. They can play the Celts off any suitor (or take the massive amount of goods they have).
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:11 am    Post subject:

GOODRICH25 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

Ainge is strong in some areas as a GM and average to below average in other areas.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:26 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
I love Ball, Hart, Wagner, Kuzma, and Ingram; love them all, but they're all replaceable -- Davis ain't.

Davis is most definitely not worth all of that

Im assuming he's saying they'd all be on the table to negotiate with but we wouldnt give them ALL of them.

I'd say Kuzma and BI is a given, and we probably have to throw in another lesser piece like Zubac(resigned?)/Hart/Wagner, along with a 1st. I'd hate to give up Kuzma especially with how well he could gel as the PF with AD and Lebron on the court. But thats simply the cost of trying to get a player like AD and he'd be worth it.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:30 am    Post subject:

It's very odd that Pels ownership has essentially given AD/Klutch an out ("if he wants to leave, we're not gonna force him to stay") and he hasn't taken it.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:32 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
It's very odd that Pels ownership has essentially given AD/Klutch an out ("if he wants to leave, we're not gonna force him to stay") and he hasn't taken it.

Nothing would make me happier than getting AD, but I'm actually at peace with not getting him too (so long as we get a quality FA(s) with the 38m in cap space).
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:52 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Nothing would make me happier than getting AD, but I'm actually at peace with not getting him too (so long as we get a quality FA(s) with the 38m in cap space).

No, i am, too. If you have a chance to get him, you have to get him. But i'd have extreme reservations about the team's depth, especially since Lebron is (of course, now that he's a Laker) proving that he's not a robot after all. I'm having way too many premonitory 2012 Flashbacks with a top heavy roster of superstars with creaky joints. I'd be okay with keeping our depth and signing a lower tier dude.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:57 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Right. Plus we want to give our young guys a chance. Ball, Kuz, and Ingram have potential to be just as good, if not better than Randle and DLO. And those guys seem to be doing well on their respective teams. We might have to lose one young core, but I’d like to see what they’d look like in a few years too.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:03 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

No, i am, too. If you have a chance to get him, you have to get him. But i'd have extreme reservations about the team's depth, especially since Lebron is (of course, now that he's a Laker) proving that he's not a robot after all. I'm having way too many premonitory 2012 Flashbacks with a top heavy roster of superstars with creaky joints. I'd be okay with keeping our depth and signing a lower tier dude.

I'm just not confident about being able to trade for him more than whether he will be good for us on court.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:04 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Right. Plus we want to give our young guys a chance. Ball, Kuz, and Ingram have potential to be just as good, if not better than Randle and DLO. And those guys seem to be doing well on their respective teams. We might have to lose one young core, but I’d like to see what they’d look like in a few years too.

If Lonzo/BI become what Dray/Iggy did for the Warriors then I'll be happy with that, even if that's not necessarily what you expect for #2 picks. If they contribute to a championship team on a high level, it was worth it.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:13 am    Post subject:

Hey guys, you think LeBron will do his best impersonation during AS weekend by recruiting players to join him this summer?

KD will be teaming up with LeBron on the West team so you know they will both talk..

Same for Klay and others.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:17 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

If Lonzo/BI become what Dray/Iggy did for the Warriors then I'll be happy with that, even if that's not necessarily what you expect for #2 picks. If they contribute to a championship team on a high level, it was worth it.

Agree, we are just missing one piece to be very dangerous. If we get KL, we are championship caliber.

LBJ = Curry
KL = KD
Kuz = Klay
Zo = Dray

BI = Iggy
Hart =
Zu =

Team can do some damage.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:21 am    Post subject:

Pippen thinks we are getting Anthony Davis

http://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/25736817

He says it can happen this year before the Feb 7 trade deadline.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:23 am    Post subject:

We might get Davis but highly unlikely before the deadline.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

AFireInside619 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Eh I'm more skeptical there. The common denominator is they got better once they left the Lakers, when they had more opportunities and frankly, better coaching (and in DLO's case, a guy with a much stronger developmental reputation than anyone on the Lakers by a lightyear). Hopefully we do revamp our staff next year and get some assistants (or, a new coach) that knows how to better use these guys schematically. Hell, maybe we'll even get a shooting coach who tells Lonzo not to raise one of his heels when he shoots FTs.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

DLaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Agree, we are just missing one piece to be very dangerous. If we get KL, we are championship caliber.

LBJ = Curry
KL = KD
Kuz = Klay
Zo = Dray

BI = Iggy
Hart =
Zu =

Team can do some damage.

What we lack though is the shooting. Warriors shooting is probably the best amassed group of shooters ever in Steph/Klay/KD.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:25 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
We might get Davis but highly unlikely before the deadline.

It all depends rather Davis wants out, IMO that is how a trade will be persuaded by Feb 7.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:27 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
DLaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

LBJ = Curry
KL = KD
Kuz = Klay
Zo = Dray

BI = Iggy
Hart =
Zu =

Team can do some damage.

What we lack though is the shooting. Warriors shooting is probably the best amassed group of shooters ever in Steph/Klay/KD.

But we will have better, younger and longer defenders, we will just have to play it out to see who wins.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:29 am    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
DLaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

LBJ = Curry
KL = KD
Kuz = Klay
Zo = Dray

BI = Iggy
Hart =
Zu =

Team can do some damage.

But we will have better, younger and longer defenders, we will just have to play it out to see who wins.

Right. But LBJ/2nd max should be dependable scoring options.

I think honestly, this team will go as far as the shooting goes for our young core.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:29 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

I saw this coming from a mile away. Tatum, Brown, Rozier all had the ball in their hands ALOT last year when Kyrie and Hayward went down. Of course they're gonna regress now. Between Kyrie and Hayward that's 26 shots a game everyone else isn't taking anymore.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:01 pm    Post subject:

NBA trade rumors: These teams are willing to give up first-round picks, SN sources say

Quote:
One of the teams most eager to move its first-rounder along for immediate help is the Pelicans, who have won two straight games as they’ve gotten Elfrid Payton and Nikola Mirotic back from injury but are still desperate for small forward help. A source told SN that the Pels made a pitch for small forward Kelly Oubre before Washington traded him to Phoenix, and New Orleans has continued to look for a starting-quality wing.

The Pelicans have shown interest in Orlando small forward Terrence Ross, who has had a career year, but is a free agent this summer and uncertain to re-sign with the Magic.

Quote:
The Sixers are another team willing to part with this year’s pick for immediate shooting help, as Philly looks for a big man who can shoot, along the lines of Mike Scott, Frank Kaminsky or Noah Vonleh. The Sixers gave up Dario Saric in the Jimmy Butler deal and miss his ability to stretch the floor.

Philadelphia did acquire Miami’s 2021 pick in the deal with the Suns for Mikal Bridges, but the Sixers have kept that pick out of trade discussions. Should the Heat unravel in the next couple of years, that pick will have increased value.

Quote:
Portland, too, would be willing to part with its first-rounder to add depth to a roster that badly needs help in the backcourt and on the wing. The Trail Blazers could be a player for Ross or Simmons, too. But sources tell SN that they have expressed interest in another player expected to be made available for a first-round pick: Atlanta point guard Jeremy Lin.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 585, 586, 587 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 586 of 8560
Jump to: