OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5974, 5975, 5976 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:16 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Wait, how are the Warriors getting Kawhi again without giving up one of Klay/Dray?

Impossible. Folks not looking at the math at all. Duh. Typical.

These 4 players are still under contract next season:
Curry $45 mill
Klay $37 mill
Wiggins $31 mill
Green $24 mill
Toal $137 mill + other players

I'm sure the Clips are dying to take Wiggins off their hands for Kawhi.

Only way that would happen is if Kawhi said he's leaving the Clippers and the Warriors throw them a bone that they can lose Kawhi for nothing or take Wiggins in a Sign and Trade. I'd assume that would be the plan, or something like that.

I'd lose Kawhi for nothing than have to eat Wiggins's deal. There is a 0% chance this happens.
Reds622
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:19 pm    Post subject:

The Clippers would take some combination of Draymond/Wiggins and Wiseman for KL... and the Warriors would be glad to give it to them.

The point is, if KL wanted to go to GS, then it can happen. And if he won't resign with the Clippers, then they will pivot to trying to get assets for him.

Again, assuming KL wants to go to GS of course. I don't see it, but I guess anything is possible.

And my overall point is it would happen if KL wanted it to happen. GS has assets they can move.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Everyone can tamper. Except us. Well, except that one time we lost Dwight and the league allowed us to announce we were going after Lebron and Carmelo next season.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:35 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I'd lose Kawhi for nothing than have to eat Wiggins's deal. There is a 0% chance this happens.

That's certainly true. However, as I pointed out a few pages back, you guys are analyzing a clickbait report. You guys may be spending more mental energy on this idea than the Warriors, Clippers, and Kawhi combined.

As an aside, about 10 years ago, someone posted a highlight video of Wiggins playing in high school. There were people getting all excited about his dunks. He basically got the Lebron-style hype treatment after that, including his time in college. I wonder sometimes whether all the hype wrecks a kid like Wiggins. He's not a bad player, but he's not a star. Would he have developed into a better rounded player if he hadn't been shoved on board the hype train as a teenager? Or was it just that he never had the mindset to be a star? Compare him to Lamelo. They both got a ton of hype, but Lamelo actually seems to have a star's mentality.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:44 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Everyone can tamper. Except us. Well, except that one time we lost Dwight and the league allowed us to announce we were going after Lebron and Carmelo next season.

Nah. Our problem wasn't that the league treated us differently; it was that Magic couldn't keep his mouth shut.

That's all the league cares about. No team is every punished for having private conversations with agents.

The punishments are for tweets and remarks made to reporters. Avoid that and you're fine.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:44 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:

Nah. Our problem wasn't that the league treated us differently; it was that Magic couldn't keep his mouth shut.

That's all the league cares about. No team is every punished for having private conversations with agents.

The punishments are for tweets and remarks made to reporters. Avoid that and you're fine.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

That's certainly true. However, as I pointed out a few pages back, you guys are analyzing a clickbait report. You guys may be spending more mental energy on this idea than the Warriors, Clippers, and Kawhi combined.

As an aside, about 10 years ago, someone posted a highlight video of Wiggins playing in high school. There were people getting all excited about his dunks. He basically got the Lebron-style hype treatment after that, including his time in college. I wonder sometimes whether all the hype wrecks a kid like Wiggins. He's not a bad player, but he's not a star. Would he have developed into a better rounded player if he hadn't been shoved on board the hype train as a teenager? Or was it just that he never had the mindset to be a star? Compare him to Lamelo. They both got a ton of hype, but Lamelo actually seems to have a star's mentality.

Lamelo's personality is more like his dad's, Lonzo's personality is more like his mom's. But it also fits both their playstyles.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:38 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Wait, how are the Warriors getting Kawhi again without giving up one of Klay/Dray?

Impossible. Folks not looking at the math at all. Duh. Typical.

These 4 players are still under contract next season:
Curry $45 mill
Klay $37 mill
Wiggins $31 mill
Green $24 mill
Toal $137 mill + other players

I'm sure the Clips are dying to take Wiggins off their hands for Kawhi.

Only way that would happen is if Kawhi said he's leaving the Clippers and the Warriors throw them a bone that they can lose Kawhi for nothing or take Wiggins in a Sign and Trade. I'd assume that would be the plan, or something like that.

#LightYears
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:42 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Lamelo's personality is more like his dad's, Lonzo's personality is more like his mom's. But it also fits both their playstyles.

I don’t mean personality. Lonzo is a quiet guy and sort of reserved. But Wiggins doesn’t seem to have the drive to get better and become a star. He’s at mid-career, but he is only incrementally better than he was as a rookie. This is the first year in which he has shot the three at a respectable level. Lonzo addressed that issue while still on his rookie contract. Lamelo was seemingly getting better every game before he got hurt. You’d never have said that about Wiggins.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
MJST wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I don’t mean personality. Lonzo is a quiet guy and sort of reserved. But Wiggins doesn’t seem to have the drive to get better and become a star. He’s at mid-career, but he is only incrementally better than he was as a rookie. This is the first year in which he has shot the three at a respectable level. Lonzo addressed that issue while still on his rookie contract. Lamelo was seemingly getting better every game before he got hurt. You’d never have said that about Wiggins.

Probably not. Was likely a blow to Wiggins' confidence that he got traded from the Cavs the moment they got LeBron back, and had interviewers bringing up constantly what it felt like to hear his name in trade rumors before he'd even played a single game. Probably hit his confidence.

Then he went to Minnesota, seemed to be progressing, then they got Jimmy Butler which was another story entirely. After that his own GM was talking to the media that Wiggins still hadn't proved he's worth a max contract. Before finally giving him one. So one imagines.

But the Warriors seem to be an organization that gels best with his personality, and Kerr is great at instilling confidence in his players and their games. That's probably the kind of coach/situation Wiggins could have used all along. Either way, he seems to be finding his way now.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:05 pm    Post subject:

So proud of Julius Randle for finally fulfilling his potential as a basketball player he’s like a mini Charles Barkley right now in terms of play style.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:01 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
So proud of Julius Randle for finally fulfilling his potential as a basketball player he’s like a mini Charles Barkley right now in terms of play style.

I’m not buying it at all. I’m guessing Thibs made him look good. This did the same thing for Deng and Noah. He also made Rose a MVP. And he helped grow Jimmy into what he was and motivated Wiggins enough to be a playoff player.

My issue is that Randle is finally trying on defense and taking smart shots. He’s 8 years in the league, so we can’t act like this isn’t an anomaly. Half his career is through at this point. Before thibs, randle was always a black hole on offense and a glaring weakness on D. Such a weakness that Jrue and AD were on the worst defensive team of their career with him starting in Boogie and Mirotic place. If he leaves New York and doesn’t have Thibs to hold his hand, he’s going to still be more Sheareiff than Barkley IMO, so he better stay where he’s at. He didn’t suddenly become smart, work hard, or become a pillar to a competent team like Zach Randolph did.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:00 pm    Post subject:

I'm sure Thibs helped Randle improve his defense, but I don't remember Deng or Noah ever scoring at the elite level that Randle has this season.

The guy is having a great year by almost any standard.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:28 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
I'm sure Thibs helped Randle improve his defense, but I don't remember Deng or Noah ever scoring at the elite level that Randle has this season.

The guy is having a great year by almost any standard.

Randle accounts for about 22% of his teams scoring this year. Deng commonly under Thibs accounted for 19-21%. They were a very low scoring team but Deng pulled his offensive and defensive weight. Noah was never a big scorer but he was a key facilitator and rebounder for them much like Randle. In fact Noah averaged like 4 assists a night under thibs mostly from high post sets and around 10 boards a night too in his scheme.

I’ve watched Julius not put it together for 7 years before Thibs got him right now. I’m not sold that he will stick to it without Thibs. His value to the knicks and thibs is great but I don’t see him working anywhere else because he’s never shown to get it like he has under him and he’s had multiple coaches try to help him get it, been next to talented players, and all. And I’m not trying to kill him at all, it’s just what thibs does if you are willing to listen. I mean Noel is also playing some of the most aware basketball he has ever played this year in terms of defense and knowing his offensive limitations, which even CP3 couldn’t make him get last year.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:58 am    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I’m not buying it at all. I’m guessing Thibs made him look good. This did the same thing for Deng and Noah. He also made Rose a MVP. And he helped grow Jimmy into what he was and motivated Wiggins enough to be a playoff player.

My issue is that Randle is finally trying on defense and taking smart shots. He’s 8 years in the league, so we can’t act like this isn’t an anomaly. Half his career is through at this point. Before thibs, randle was always a black hole on offense and a glaring weakness on D. Such a weakness that Jrue and AD were on the worst defensive team of their career with him starting in Boogie and Mirotic place. If he leaves New York and doesn’t have Thibs to hold his hand, he’s going to still be more Sheareiff than Barkley IMO, so he better stay where he’s at. He didn’t suddenly become smart, work hard, or become a pillar to a competent team like Zach Randolph did.

I don't understand your point at all. What are you not buying when it's a reality happening in front of your eyes? I don't get it. Same goes for Rose who was a MVP level player before injuries and Deng was an all star before he quickly became washed.

That makes 0 sense to me, sorry.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:47 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Nets‘ LaMarcus Aldridge announces he is retiring from the NBA.

Last edited by ocho on Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:50 am; edited 1 time in total
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:50 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Aldridge says he played his last NBA game on April 10 while dealing with an irregular heartbeat: "Though I'm better now, what I felt with my heart that night was still one of the scariest things I've experienced."

danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:52 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:

(bleep), that came out of nowhere.

Hopefully he can seek treatment and get better
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:58 am    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Randall has averaged 20-10 over the last 3 years while becoming an all-star.

You can scream to the heavens that you don't buy it, it really didn't happen, it doesnt count, that someone other than him is responsible for his success.

But all you're screaming won't change the reality of what he accomplished.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:01 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:

Wow, crazy season
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:08 am    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
I’m not sold that he will stick to it without Thibs. His value to the knicks and thibs is great but I don’t see him working anywhere else because he’s never shown to get it like he has under him and he’s had multiple coaches try to help him get it, been next to talented players, and all. And I’m not trying to kill him at all, it’s just what thibs does if you are willing to listen. I mean Noel is also playing some of the most aware basketball he has ever played this year in terms of defense and knowing his offensive limitations, which even CP3 couldn’t make him get last year.

What? Tom Thibodeau is now some sort of miracle worker?
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:09 am    Post subject:

It's weird that Aldridge didn't just ask for time off and monitor the situation as opposed to retiring.

Unless the doctor specifically told him that any strong physical exertion could jeopardize his life.

Kyrie takes time off whenever he wants for his health (as he should)

I don't get why Aldridge wouldn't do the same and come back and get his shot at a ring if they figured out what was wrong. But maybe they did and he just doesn't want to say.

At any rate I wish him well and hope he gets better.

Last edited by BILBJH on Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:09 am    Post subject:

Good for LMA. He's made the money - now he can manage his health and enjoy the $$$ with his family.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:24 am    Post subject:

So Drummond had a big game because the guy guarding him was having heart arrhythmias...
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:28 am    Post subject:

LMA, wow, heart arrythmia can be fatal, completely understand, get well soon

Randle is legit, dude is taking Knicks team to the playoff (this is huge in NYC) but I'd sell high if I were the GM
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5974, 5975, 5976 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 5975 of 8560
Jump to: