OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
Quote:
The Clippers have two max contract slots available in July, and are emerging as a front-runner for Toronto's All-NBA forward Kawhi Leonard when he becomes a free agent in July, league sources said.

I would love Woj to clarify that. Are Clippers for sure in the lead or are they just one of a few teams in it?

I was hoping that Jimmy was planning on teaming up with Kyrie not Kawhi.

Imagine Kawhi picking Jimmy and the Clippers, over LeBron and the Lakers... smh
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:45 pm    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:
You can cross off Kawhi & Butler from the 2019 plan. I really think Lakers are going to end up with either Durant or Klay in 2019, it makes too much sense imo. Lakers only go after THE big fish, which they lured in with Bron this offseason, so now it only makes sense they try to go 2 for 2 with Durant come 2019.

Agreed, Kawhi seems to be loving Toronto and Butler wants his own team and brand, hopefully we get Durant or Klay or the bigger pipe in getting 2 of them.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
eureca wrote:
Quote:
The Clippers have two max contract slots available in July, and are emerging as a front-runner for Toronto's All-NBA forward Kawhi Leonard when he becomes a free agent in July, league sources said.

I would love Woj to clarify that. Are Clippers for sure in the lead or are they just one of a few teams in it?

Things are def changing with FAs cant really predict what they are gonna do based on basketball or potential winning anymore
statyin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Trading for Jimmy Butler now will need at least two of our top young prospects. He is just not that kind of "superstar" that worth that kind of price. If he isn't winning with the group he had in Minnesota, he isn't going to be a savior of any team.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
eureca wrote:
Quote:

I think Kawhi is gonna re-sign with the Raptors, It will be Irving going to the Clippers to team up with Butler.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:55 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
eureca wrote:
Quote:

I think Kawhi is gonna re-sign with the Raptors, It will be Irving going to the Clippers to team up with Butler.

I doubt Kyrie wants to play in LA. I could see Kawhi joining the clips I could also see him staying in Toronto or coming to the Lakers. We just don't know.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:58 pm    Post subject:

I highly doubt this new Woj report of Kawhi favoring Clippers is legit. Sounds like Woj trying to gain some clout after Shams continually beating him to the punch on breakin news

Last edited by The Juggernaut on Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:58 pm    Post subject:

statyin wrote:
Trading for Jimmy Butler now will need at least two of our top young prospects. He is just not that kind of "superstar" that worth that kind of price. If he isn't winning with the group he had in Minnesota, he isn't going to be a savior of any team.

Um Minni was 3rd seed all season until he got hurt. He plays on both ends of the court which one of our youngsters currently do that?
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:01 pm    Post subject:

Kyrie leaving Boston shows the world that winning is not his focus.

As for attracting free agents, if the kids are as good as people around here think they are, we won't have to worry about losing max players to the Clippers.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:04 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
eureca wrote:
Quote:

I doubt Kyrie wants to play in LA. I could see Kawhi joining the clips I could also see him staying in Toronto or coming to the Lakers. We just don't know.

He loves making movies, L.A. is the perfect spot for that.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:05 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
Kyrie leaving Boston shows the world that winning is not his focus.

As for attracting free agents, if the kids are as good as people around here think they are, we won't have to worry about losing max players to the Clippers.

Kuzma is that good.
lakersibleed
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:
You can cross off Kawhi & Butler from the 2019 plan. I really think Lakers are going to end up with either Durant or Klay in 2019, it makes too much sense imo. Lakers only go after THE big fish, which they lured in with Bron this offseason, so now it only makes sense they try to go 2 for 2 with Durant come 2019.

So much time between now and next summer. None of these guys are going to sign an extension this year. You are going to hear so many stories between now and the summer that you can not possibly cross anyone off the list. Its going to be crazy all season long with speculation.

My List is
KD
Kawhi
Klay
Butler
Dcousins???
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:28 pm    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:

Durant and Klay are staying with GSW.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
adkindo wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Middleton > Butler considering younger, no trade needed, and ultimately less $.

that is not even close to accurate....and Butler came into the league one year before Middleton....Butler is a 4x All Star, 4x NBA All Defense, and 2x All NBA....Middleton has no personal accomplishments in the NBA.

A complete sentence carries a lot of weight. Why highlight a certain part of a sentence and not look at the totality of it. I can care less when Butler came into the league. That does not take away the fact that Middleton is 2 years younger. Also, like I stated, Middleton is a free agent and will cost less. I will not even mention that Butler is a malcontent.

I left it out because Butler will also be a FA, and i will not be surprised if Middleton gets a max offer next summer because so many teams will have cap space. So both will be free agents, and cost the same amount of money if why I do not include it. Yes Middleton is two years younger, and played about 80 less games....it is still not close, Butler is a significantly better basketball player. Middleton is kind of a less versatile poor mans version of Jimmy Butler.

Last edited by adkindo on Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say there is zero percent chance Butler plays for the Lakers.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:34 pm    Post subject:

24Legend007 wrote:
I'm going to go out on a limb and say there is zero percent chance Butler plays for the Lakers.

And the sky is blue, I think Laker fans are perfectly fine with KD or Klay or Kawhi if the Lakers make a Impression on him this season.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:37 pm    Post subject:

Why would KD leave Golden State?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject:

I will not be surprised if many players in their prime at an All Star level do not have a strong interest in playing with Lebron. The same was similar for Kobe. It is one thing to be 26, and team up with another 1 or 2 guys near that age, than it is to be an All Star in your prime and commit to a team with an aging mega star like Lebron. Most guys that have played with Lebron.....and even Kobe, have stated that it is not always easy, and you have to adjust your game around his game. Hopefully one of them will be ok playing with Lebron next summer...but again, I would not be shocked if Durant, Kawhi, Klay, and Butler all pass. It may require us to trade for a star player, or slightly overpay a player like Middleton or Kemba Walker if the organization decides next summer is the last time it will have cap space for a while.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:42 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:

Bob Myers said something in a negative light towards Durant during there championship parade, I also read that GS fans are more attached to Curry.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:45 pm    Post subject:

If Butler makes his way to the Clippers....then they are definitely back in the playoff hunt this season....but the TWolves likely fall out.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Thibs is going to trade Butler to Orlando or Sacto, not his preferred destinations. Look at where PG and KL ended up after stating their preferred landing spots.
statyin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Beir32 wrote:

Bob Myers said something in a negative light towards Durant during there championship parade, I also read that GS fans are more attached to Curry.

Eventually he is gonna get bored playing with the same group after he won enough championship. He gets criticized for his move to GS, probably he will want to win some place else and validate himself. I dont see KD a lifetime warrior, Steph is.
statyin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:55 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
If Butler makes his way to the Clippers....then they are definitely back in the playoff hunt this season....but the TWolves likely fall out.

Jimmy Butler only barely made it to the playoffs last season with that T wolves team around him, a team that was loaded with talents. Honestly, T wolves minus Jimmy Butler is still better than what the Clippers have right now, not to mention Clippers need to give up players for him right now. I don't see a team with only Jimmy Butler can make it to the playoffs in the west. You are way overrating him as a player.

Last edited by statyin on Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:55 pm    Post subject:

statyin wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Beir32 wrote:

Eventually he is gonna get bored playing with the same group after he won enough championship. He gets criticized for his move to GS, probably he will want to win some place else and validate himself. I dont see KD a lifetime warrior, Steph is.

that is how I see it...he has talked about "stages" in his career, and I think the next one will be a big market team that has been struggling lately, but has either some young talent or cap flexibility in the near future. He will want to be seen as the guy that resurrected a team, and hopefully win a ring that nobody can discount. Sounds like New York to me.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject:

statyin wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Beir32 wrote:

Not that I don't want KD to come, but what validation would he get teaming up with the guy he rivals for best player in the game?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 67 of 8560
Jump to: