OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:00 pm    Post subject:

statyin wrote:
adkindo wrote:
If Butler makes his way to the Clippers....then they are definitely back in the playoff hunt this season....but the TWolves likely fall out.

Jimmy Butler only barely made it to the playoffs last season with that T wolves team around him, a team that was loaded with talents. Honestly, T wolves minus Jimmy Butler is still better than what the Clippers have right now, not to mention if Clippers need to trade for Jimmy Butler right now. I don't see a team with only Jimmy Butler can make it to the playoffs in the west. You are way overrating him as a player.

maybe....but SGA, Bradley, Butler, Harris, and Gortat is a decent lineup....with Beverley, Gallinari, Harrell, Mbah a Moute, and Lou Williams coming off the bench. Depends on what they have to send back.....but I personally think that group could be very solid.

A defensive lineup to close games....Beverley, Bradley, Butler, Mbah a Moute and Harrell could be hella hard to score on at times....
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:10 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
statyin wrote:
adkindo wrote:
If Butler makes his way to the Clippers....then they are definitely back in the playoff hunt this season....but the TWolves likely fall out.

Jimmy Butler only barely made it to the playoffs last season with that T wolves team around him, a team that was loaded with talents. Honestly, T wolves minus Jimmy Butler is still better than what the Clippers have right now, not to mention if Clippers need to trade for Jimmy Butler right now. I don't see a team with only Jimmy Butler can make it to the playoffs in the west. You are way overrating him as a player.

maybe....but SGA, Bradley, Butler, Harris, and Gortat is a decent lineup....with Beverley, Gallinari, Harrell, Mbah a Moute, and Lou Williams coming off the bench. Depends on what they have to send back.....but I personally think that group could be very solid.

A defensive lineup to close games....Beverley, Bradley, Butler, Mbah a Moute and Harrell could be hella hard to score on at times....

When I see the Clippers roster with Butler added, it looks like a 5th or 6th seed playoff team but still won’t be anywhere close to the level of the top WC teams, they might upset someone in the 1st round though.
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:10 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
statyin wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Why would KD leave Golden State?

Bob Myers said something in a negative light towards Durant during there championship parade, I also read that GS fans are more attached to Curry.

Eventually he is gonna get bored playing with the same group after he won enough championship. He gets criticized for his move to GS, probably he will want to win some place else and validate himself. I dont see KD a lifetime warrior, Steph is.

Not that I don't want KD to come, but what validation would he get teaming up with the guy he rivals for best player in the game?

He would get to play with his best friend essentially, as Bron & KD have been best buddies for a long time. KD even trained with Bron after he lost to Bron in the 2012 finals. I think it's as simple as that, as Durant showed that he will go to where he feels most happy, same reason he left OKC in the first place and he openly listens to the outside noise from the fans and media on social media. The Lakers in 2019 won't be anywhere close to that 73-9 Warriors team Durant joined, so the hate would be less than it was in 2016.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:20 pm    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:
Judah wrote:
statyin wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Beir32 wrote:

Bob Myers said something in a negative light towards Durant during there championship parade, I also read that GS fans are more attached to Curry.

Eventually he is gonna get bored playing with the same group after he won enough championship. He gets criticized for his move to GS, probably he will want to win some place else and validate himself. I dont see KD a lifetime warrior, Steph is.

Not that I don't want KD to come, but what validation would he get teaming up with the guy he rivals for best player in the game?

He would get to play with his best friend essentially, as Bron & KD have been best buddies for a long time. KD even trained with Bron after he lost to Bron in the 2012 finals. I think it's as simple as that, as Durant showed that he will go to where he feels most happy, same reason he left OKC in the first place and he openly listens to the outside noise from the fans and media on social media. The Lakers in 2019 won't be anywhere close to that 73-9 Warriors team Durant joined, so the hate would be less than it was in 2016.

no, they will not be 73-9....but it is the Lakers, and that will only amplify the hate. If KD chooses to join Lebron (the greatest player on earth) on the Lakers (the most popular franchise in the league)...the hate will be real.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:21 pm    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:
Judah wrote:
statyin wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Beir32 wrote:

Of course it would be less, but I think less hate is a far cry from validation lol. Going to the Knicks would make sense if that's his goal. I think he and LeBron would both draw heavy criticism if he comes here next year. I'm not even a KD fan, but hey, come on down if you're ready to ride. Let's do it.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject:

KD seems to love being hated. He's really embraced his heel turn. What could possibly make him more despised than teaming up with Lebron as a Laker?
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:38 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
Judah wrote:
statyin wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Beir32 wrote:

no, they will not be 73-9....but it is the Lakers, and that will only amplify the hate. If KD chooses to join Lebron (the greatest player on earth) on the Lakers (the most popular franchise in the league)...the hate will be real.

At the moment, the Lakers don't look like a championship team or a team that is projected to make or win the finals. The Lakers are always going to have that hate forever, but KD would be 30 & LeBron would be 35 next season, so from an age perspective, they would be joining up with LeBron on the way out, as the rumor of KD joining the Lakers and taking over when LeBron's done leads me to believe that LeBron would probably be retiring after the end of his Lakers contract, which might mean 4-5 years as a Laker. A lot of people would hate it, but would probably be the first time ever that the 1st & 2nd best players in the league would be on one team, would be like Magic & Bird deciding to team up near the end of their careers.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject:

l4kerz wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
You can cross off Kawhi & Butler from the 2019 plan. I really think Lakers are going to end up with either Durant or Klay in 2019, it makes too much sense imo. Lakers only go after THE big fish, which they lured in with Bron this offseason, so now it only makes sense they try to go 2 for 2 with Durant come 2019.

Durant and Klay are staying with GSW.

KD yes but I'm starting to believe Klay is an option if they low ball him.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
KD seems to love being hated. He's really embraced his heel turn. What could possibly make him more despised than teaming up with Lebron as a Laker?

Certain faction of the media would love him for it as well, just by being Lebron's teammate. Guys like Shannon, Broussard, Cowherd would all jump on the bandwagon

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:58 pm    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:
At the moment, the Lakers don't look like a championship team or a team that is projected to make or win the finals. The Lakers are always going to have that hate forever, but KD would be 30 & LeBron would be 35 next season, so from an age perspective, they would be joining up with LeBron on the way out, as the rumor of KD joining the Lakers and taking over when LeBron's done leads me to believe that LeBron would probably be retiring after the end of his Lakers contract, which might mean 4-5 years as a Laker. A lot of people would hate it, but would probably be the first time ever that the 1st & 2nd best players in the league would be on one team, would be like Magic & Bird deciding to team up near the end of their careers.

sure, there is a world where I can see it maybe happening....but KD would have to settle for Laker nation love....because the NBA fan masses and media would probably not have his back.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:14 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
Hart > Butler

Stop embarrassing Laker fans

Lol

Last edited by Jesusdelonla on Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject:

I m assuming this is a joke.

The softest drama queen in the NBA loves being hated lol

What's next? Dlo for mvp?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:

I m assuming this is a joke.

The softest drama queen in the NBA loves being hated lol

What's next? Dlo for mvp?

I don't understand what you're going for here, Jim.
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
l4kerz wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
You can cross off Kawhi & Butler from the 2019 plan. I really think Lakers are going to end up with either Durant or Klay in 2019, it makes too much sense imo. Lakers only go after THE big fish, which they lured in with Bron this offseason, so now it only makes sense they try to go 2 for 2 with Durant come 2019.

Durant and Klay are staying with GSW.

KD yes but I'm starting to believe Klay is an option if they low ball him.

Durant will just threaten to leave as well and GSW will just pay Klay. We already saw this happen with Iguodala and Livingston. GSW is generating enough cash to pay the luxury taxes. Nose bleed section of a preseason game now costs over $400.
SmartBaller420
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:27 pm    Post subject:

This team can be legendary with KD not Klay.

Kawhi would be nice but KCP would be a great consolation prize.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:

Certain faction of the media would love him for it as well, just by being Lebron's teammate. Guys like Shannon, Broussard, Cowherd would all jump on the bandwagon

And that would make KD even more hated among most NBA fandoms, especially if Cowherd was on the Durant bandwagon. No one likes Cowherd.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
statyin wrote:
adkindo wrote:

They won't have all those guys if they trade for Butler right?
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:45 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
adkindo wrote:
statyin wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Yeah and they some healthy competition. Wolves will still take the best offer available and possibly prefer to send him east.
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:59 pm    Post subject:

It would be stupid to trade for butler, he is overrated and a FA next season.

Wait for durant or kawhi and if not offer klay the max. I know he is not worth a full max as a player alone but when you factor in that he will play next to Lebron ge kinda does.

PG.Lonzo / Rondo
SG.Klay / Hart
SF.Ingram / Svi
PF.Lebron / Kuzma
C.Mcgee / Beasly

would ve sick next season
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:59 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
adkindo wrote:
statyin wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I assume it will depend on what draft assets are included....they may try to dump Gallinari with heavy draft assets. I guess a lot will depend on if teams offer a lot for Butler.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:01 pm    Post subject:

watchME wrote:
It would be stupid to trade for butler, he is overrated and a FA next season.

Wait for durant or kawhi and if not offer klay the max. I know he is not worth a full max as a player alone but when you factor in that he will play next to Lebron ge kinda does.

PG.Lonzo / Rondo
SG.Klay / Hart
SF.Ingram / Svi
PF.Lebron / Kuzma
C.Mcgee / Beasly

would ve sick next season

I would not offer much for him either.....but there is a real chance we offer all 3 of those guys a max deal, and all 3 do not accept.
NotHype
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:35 pm    Post subject:

I don’t understand why players suddenly wanna join the Clippers... the loser team of LA... the team nobody likes in LA... This new era of NBA is weird!!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:44 pm    Post subject:

NotHype wrote:
I don’t understand why players suddenly wanna join the Clippers... the loser team of LA... the team nobody likes in LA... This new era of NBA is weird!!

I hate the Clippers as much as the next person, but no one can deny the fact that they have regained credibility around the NBA and the fans, hiring Lee Jenkins to make there brand rich, firing Donald Sterling, bringing in a respected voice in West, they have definitely turned the tide in a big way even if hey don’t win a title for the next 20 years.. people will respect them more now.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:50 pm    Post subject:

Why is Mr. Jackson so harsh on Andrew Wiggins?
Jackson talking about heart when his talent never reached AW's.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:54 pm    Post subject:

NotHype wrote:

All of this clipper love is all media hype!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 68 of 8560
Jump to: