OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject:

Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
Quote:
Pelicans Hoping For Midseason Trade For Wing

The New Orleans Pelicans had interest in acquiring a wing via trade in the offseason but found the cost was too high.

The Pelicans had interest in Kent Bazemore of the Atlanta Hawks.

Dell Demps, however, is optimistic that the asking price for a veteran wing will come down during the season.

https://journaltimes.com/sports/basketball/kushner-pelicans-still-missing-wing-as-training-camp-nears/article_4e6c260d-7cfb-56c6-bf6f-f421131ef122.html

Hey, Dell Demps. You want Luol Deng?

If it did happen at least this time the trade won't be stopped because of bogus "basketball reasons" from a spineless commissioner and his band of whiny small market owners.
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Good point, Bucks might actually take a big step back as a team, which opens up the possibility of Giannis becoming available.

Nah, you're forgetting Mike Budenholzer is coaching them now. Kris is a small-town guy, they've treated him well. I'm not saying they should be favored in the East, but Coach Bud will have them winning 50+ games easily.

Their ownership situation is a little weird though
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject:

cyborgspider wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Good point, Bucks might actually take a big step back as a team, which opens up the possibility of Giannis becoming available.

Nah, you're forgetting Mike Budenholzer is coaching them now. Kris is a small-town guy, they've treated him well. I'm not saying they should be favored in the East, but Coach Bud will have them winning 50+ games easily.

Their ownership situation is a little weird though

I’m sure they will win 50 games or whatever but next summer is gonna be a crucial for them, if they want to be a threat in the EC they need to spend.
Vampirate
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:35 pm    Post subject:

It's probably been covered here, but who knew Kawhi had a baby daughter and fiancee in San Diego? His trade demand to L.A. makes a lot more sense now.

The Raptors are screwed.
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Vampirate wrote:
It's probably been covered here, but who knew Kawhi had a baby daughter and fiancee in San Diego? His trade demand to L.A. makes a lot more sense now.

The Raptors are screwed.

Yeah but PG's girlfriend was pretty active on Instagram leading up to free agency and had Laker stalker fans worked up in a frenzy over her apparent love of LA, building a crib for their 2nd child, etc etc.

"Honey, I think you'll love Toronto. We'll only be here six months a year..."
Vampirate
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject:

cyborgspider wrote:
Vampirate wrote:

The Raptors are screwed.

Yeah but PG's girlfriend was pretty active on Instagram leading up to free agency and had Laker stalker fans worked up in a frenzy over her apparent love of LA, building a crib for their 2nd child, etc etc.

"Honey, I think you'll love Toronto. We'll only be here six months a year..."

PG's girlfriend is from Florida, not L.A. though.

Kawhi's gf is from San Diego, where her support network most likely is. That's big for a new mom.

Kawhi knocked her up 3 months after he signed his extension with SAS. She then moved from San Antonio to San Diego to raise their child. You really think she wants to relocate again, to frigging Canada? Kawhi on the Lakers means he gets to see them every day outside of road games. He lost his own father at a young age so being there for his child is probably important to him.

But you're right, it's probably nothing.
cital
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:48 pm    Post subject:

Does anyone know what Zubac’s cap hold is next summer?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:12 pm    Post subject:

have not been on as much lately, so it may have already been discussed...but I heard Ric Bucher on NBA Radio claim that guaranteeing Melo would not be on the roster was a stipulation for PG-13 resigning in OKC.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:03 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
have not been on as much lately, so it may have already been discussed...but I heard Ric Bucher on NBA Radio claim that guaranteeing Melo would not be on the roster was a stipulation for PG-13 resigning in OKC.

Don’t have any #sauces on PG13 but based on how it all went down, it feels like he was just turned off by the Kawhi/CP3 talk because it seemed to take a 180 at that time.

I think he was ready to come to LA as the hero and somewhat willing with Lebron, but I think both sides cooled down on the romantic courtship tbh.

That’s fine and probably works out for PG13 and the Lakers. I still feel like PG13 should have gone to Philadelphia or Houston but OKC it is.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:37 am    Post subject:

Dad says it’s so: Klay Thompson will remain with Warriors

Quote:
“Oh yeah, you can mark it down,” Mychal Thompson said at a party to kick off the Thompson Family Foundation’s first charity golf tourney. “Klay’s going to retire in the Warriors’ uniform. He’s going to play at Chase Center (the Warriors’ new arena, opening in 2019), and he’s not going to be at Chase Center as a visiting player, he’s going to be a Warrior for the next seven or eight years.”

https://www.sfchronicle.com/sports/ostler/article/Dad-says-it-s-so-Thompson-will-remain-with-13166393.php?src=hp_totn
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Don’t have any #sauces on PG13 but based on how it all went down, it feels like he was just turned off by the Kawhi/CP3 talk because it seemed to take a 180 at that time.

I think he was ready to come to LA as the hero and somewhat willing with Lebron, but I think both sides cooled down on the romantic courtship tbh.

That’s fine and probably works out for PG13 and the Lakers. I still feel like PG13 should have gone to Philadelphia or Houston but OKC it is.

PG said at the all star break that he knew what he was going to do, Leonard had nothing to do with it.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
adkindo wrote:

PG said at the all star break that he knew what he was going to do, Leonard had nothing to do with it.

That is not fact. However, go ahead and keep making (bleep) up to fit your narrative. It's fun.

To entertain us, though, you could post where he said this.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:58 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
adkindo wrote:

That is not fact. However, go ahead and keep making (bleep) up to fit your narrative. It's fun.

To entertain us, though, you could post where he said this.

You’re incorrect. I was told in February that he was telling his teammates that he’s returning. The rest of just hoopla.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:00 pm    Post subject:

^Told by who? Just curious.

I also didn’t say anything about my own read on the situation being correct; just Imo.

I didn’t hear PG13 say one thing about his mind being made up at all-star break. So until I see evidence, that’s just more hoopla/narrative.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:08 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

I also didn’t say anything about my own read on the situation being correct; just Imo.

I didn’t hear PG13 say one thing about his mind being made up at all-star break. So until I see evidence, that’s just more hoopla/narrative.

A player.
Can’t argue with you about the all star game cause I don’t remember that part, but VLF can respond to that.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:16 pm    Post subject:

55 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

A player.
Can’t argue with you about the all star game cause I don’t remember that part, but VLF can respond to that.

Ok fair enough. If that’s what a player told you that’s cool.

VLF tends to make up (bleep) and spit it as fact to drive his agenda. Usually I don’t pay attention but he quoted me so I had to respond. I have yet to see him provide any factual evidence anytime he is called out.

VLF, I’ll ask again; please stop quoting me for your goal-posts. Thanks big guy.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:02 am    Post subject:

Kinda feel like it’s 2008 pre-Pau trade then u get a 2nd option star stuck at a leading role of small town franchise... sounds like a Kemba trade (for Svi, Bonga and Mo kinda package)
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:30 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
Dad says it’s so: Klay Thompson will remain with Warriors

Quote:
“Oh yeah, you can mark it down,” Mychal Thompson said at a party to kick off the Thompson Family Foundation’s first charity golf tourney. “Klay’s going to retire in the Warriors’ uniform. He’s going to play at Chase Center (the Warriors’ new arena, opening in 2019), and he’s not going to be at Chase Center as a visiting player, he’s going to be a Warrior for the next seven or eight years.”

https://www.sfchronicle.com/sports/ostler/article/Dad-says-it-s-so-Thompson-will-remain-with-13166393.php?src=hp_totn

We will see about that

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/m/4f5e1f39-82b9-3e43-8fcf-3fdb4693129d/ss_klay-thompson-may-now-test.html
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:33 pm    Post subject:

An article repeating what his father said?
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Klay is going to test the Market.
We will need a SG next year.

Magic will offer him max and hype him up on playing here and having his dad broadcast all of his games.

Plus So cal is better the then Bay. They have human poop all over SF. And GS is supposed to move there 2019/2020

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/SF-Mayor-Theres-more-feces-on-the-sidewalks-than-Ive-ever-seen-488156431.html
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:14 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:

Magic will offer him max and hype him up on playing here and having his dad broadcast all of his games.

Plus So cal is better the then Bay. They have human poop all over SF. And GS is supposed to move there 2019/2020

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/SF-Mayor-Theres-more-feces-on-the-sidewalks-than-Ive-ever-seen-488156431.html

lol at the SF comment. He has Chinese shoe deal and I can beat the market here in SF is more to his shoe then in LA

When was the last time u visited SF? U expecting multimillionaire athlete to walk around the hood in SF?
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:37 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

lol at the SF comment. He has Chinese shoe deal and I can beat the market here in SF is more to his shoe then in LA

When was the last time u visited SF? U expecting multimillionaire athlete to walk around the hood in SF?

Was there 2012, I went to the Ferrari clothing store you would haft to be a millionaire to buy anything in there
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:55 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:

Yes going to test the market instead of signing an extension but he wants to spend his career with the Warriors. Becoming a FA gives him more leverage to get the contract he wants.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:56 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

Yes going to test the market instead of signing an extension but he wants to spend his career with the Warriors. Becoming a FA gives him more leverage to get the contract he wants.

They going to haft to pay him Then. If they keep him then green is out
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject:

Not necessarily, they can pay everyone if they choose to. Ireland was there for the fundraiser and said Klay and Steph are more like brothers than teammates.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 8 of 8560
Jump to: