OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7133, 7134, 7135 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
logical24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:46 pm    Post subject:

I still think we will end up trading THT/DAJ/Kent/2RPs for something just do not know who.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:53 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Wes Matthews back to Milwaukee.

Ironically watch him find his 3pt magic in a system were he had more success then the Lakers system.

If he plays.
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:41 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
carjoch831 wrote:
Quote:
Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
·
48s
Free agent Wesley Matthews plans to sign a deal with the Bucks, sources tell @TheAthletic
@Stadium
. The 12-year veteran, who spent last season with the Los Angeles Lakers, is set to return to Milwaukee.

Unbelievable. Ownership got cheap on AC, DS, Kieff, and Wes, and now Wes is picked up by the Bucks, adding wing depth to an already superior roster. What an annoying season so far.

Wes Matthews was garbage for us
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:56 pm    Post subject:

Lmao bro Wes Matthews is not the argument to make. AC sure. Kieff? DS? Wes? We really stretching our penises here just to complain.
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:00 pm    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
Lmao bro Wes Matthews is not the argument to make. AC sure. Kieff? DS? Wes? We really stretching our penises here just to complain.

💯
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:11 pm    Post subject:

Wes wasn't needed last year considering our depth of length on the perimeter, but he and Kieff would be pretty valuable this season.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:43 pm    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:

Letting Caruso go was an idiotic move. He'd be the perfect starting 2 guard. Dennis had his good moments and his bad but if we could have signed him to a 1/$8M team player option type deal, we should have. AC at the SG spot & a bench of Dennis, Monk, THT, Melo, Dwight + using the mMLE on a big wing instead of Nunn would have made us so so so much better.

Mr Whiplash, I'm not sure how much of a difference he'd make right now but better than DJ.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:10 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
carjoch831 wrote:
Quote:
Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
·
48s
Free agent Wesley Matthews plans to sign a deal with the Bucks, sources tell @TheAthletic
@Stadium
. The 12-year veteran, who spent last season with the Los Angeles Lakers, is set to return to Milwaukee.

Unbelievable. Ownership got cheap on AC, DS, Kieff, and Wes, and now Wes is picked up by the Bucks, adding wing depth to an already superior roster. What an annoying season so far.

1. We didn't get cheap on DS. We offered him a massive deal that he turned down.

2. We didn't get cheap on Kieff or Wes. They were both available for the minimum. We simply choose to use minimum spots we could have given to them on other players.

3. We did get cheap on AS. So you are 1 out of 4 correct.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:49 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
carjoch831 wrote:
Quote:
Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
·
48s
@Stadium

1. We didn't get cheap on DS. We offered him a massive deal that he turned down.

2. We didn't get cheap on Kieff or Wes. They were both available for the minimum. We simply choose to use minimum spots we could have given to them on other players.

My post was in reference to something in vasash's previous post, but I admit there's always something I could misinterpret.

Quote:
If we had AC (we had full bird rights), Kieff (had early bird rights to pay him up to 10.5m), Wes (had nonbird rights to pay him up to 4.3m based off his previous BAE amount) & whatever Schro brought back in a S&t or a re-up (via his full bird rights)
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Try getting something for THT and Bazemore and multiple 2nd round picks
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:40 pm    Post subject:

How the (bleep) did Pelinka not sign Hartenstein??? He was available and Clippers got him for the min.

Instead he waited to sign old man DNPJordan.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
How the (bleep) did Pelinka not sign Hartenstein??? He was available and Clippers got him for the min.

Because other teams don’t run lebron at the center
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:

Name value. Pelinka was trying to go name for name with Marks/Brooklyn.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:

he only knows going after big names...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:01 pm    Post subject:

We have to make some changes. But unfortunately we are so top heavy that it's hard to make trades.

Only pieces are basically THT/Nunn.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:03 pm    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:
I still think we will end up trading THT/DAJ/Kent/2RPs for something just do not know who.

Who's old and over the hill, but is a big name?

Maybe start from there lol
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:26 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
activeverb wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
carjoch831 wrote:
Quote:
Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
·
48s
@Stadium

My post was in reference to something in vasash's previous post, but I admit there's always something I could misinterpret.

Quote:
If we had AC (we had full bird rights), Kieff (had early bird rights to pay him up to 10.5m), Wes (had nonbird rights to pay him up to 4.3m based off his previous BAE amount) & whatever Schro brought back in a S&t or a re-up (via his full bird rights)

We gotta remember that vet mins count as 1.7m in salary aggregation, so if we’re trying to find salary fodder to attach to THT/Nunn’s 14.5m, it would take multiple vet min guys to get a certain deals done and then consider that in season trades where more than 2 players go out for 1 is harder to do since teams can’t roster more than 15 players in season (vs 20 in the offseason).

So for example, we would need a 5 for 1 trade to occur to have enough salary to bring in a 23m+ salaried player (like Buddy Hield for example). That type of trade can’t occur in season without a lot of roster upheaval occurring.

So that’s where I personally feel we could have given guys like Wes & Kieff a bit more than the vet min deals they fit elsewhere. We pay them a bit more than the vet mins they would get elsewhere, we either retain them as team needs or go find bigger needs using them as salary fodder.

For example, Kieff as our stretch 5 and Wes as an additional wing are both elements this team needs right now. Till then, it’s let’s pray THT’s wingspan helps him become a defensive wing that we can rely on. Till then, let’s hike Dwight keeps hitting 3s to be our stretch 5…if not, let’s get gimmicky again and get Bron to play the 5. But Kieff @3.5m per and Wes at 4.3m for example could have given us additional salary at the trade deadline if a deal needed rj get greased through. Instead, we gotta rely on a plethora of 1.7m vet min deals to get anything done.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:33 pm    Post subject:

THT/Jordan/Bazemore/2 2nd round picks for Will Barton? the salaries are a little bit off but I’m sure there is ways to make the salaries match.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:46 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
THT/Jordan/Bazemore/2 2nd round picks for Will Barton? the salaries are a little bit off but I’m sure there is ways to make the salaries match.

In a heartbeat
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:50 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

In a heartbeat

Thanks for liking my idea, Nuggets might try dumping some players while this season is starting to look like a throw away for them with MPJ out and Murray who no one has any clue when he’s gonna return, they should look to make there run next year with a healthy Porter Jr and Murray back
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:22 am    Post subject:

Wesley Matthews was pretty bad for us last year, though. I much rather have Ellington. I don't think it's Matthews we miss on D, it's guys like Caruso/KCP. Even Dennis, while he got hunted by bigger guards/wings, in general his defensive effort was real consistent.

So you take Dennis/Caruso/KCP, then factor Kuz was also a high motor defender last year. It's those guys we miss in Vogel's schemes. Not old guys like Kieff/Wes. Kieff/Wes, looked slow and old most of last season. It was added depth, but they wouldn't change anything right now for us.

It's those younger legs like Kuz (25), Dennis (28) Caruso (26) KCP (28). All in athletic prime and willing to give 100% on D. Only guy who we have who is in athletic prime giving that kind of effort is Reaves. Mind you, the players I'm mentioning tend to regress in value in the playoffs. The Suns didn't respect any of them, and we paid for it. So a lot of this is regular season talk. Depth vs having a star. Right now, I think it's clear we miss the depth. I also think Pelinka has to do a better job at getting at least 1 (preferably 2) other starting level players. We don't have a single dude that would start on any other contender playing on the big 3.

2 guards in the West:

Booker
Klay/Poole
Mitchell
CJ
Hardaway Jr.
Paul George

Etc.

It's not a group that you feel we should have felt good about an unknown like THT taking on, or guys like Monk/Ellington/Bradley.

KCP or Danny Green at least had the ability to match up with those guy on D, and fit in on O. We need one starting level player, badly. Keep saying it. We went into the season with an unknown (THT), a player cut by Warriors (Bradley) a backup for a bad Pistons team (Ellington) and someone not kept by a lottery Charlotte team (Monk). We didn't address the 2 guard position next to Westbrook at all, and it's a key position as we lost a key player in KCP.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:26 am    Post subject:

This was my fear trading out so much depth and not retaining others. WB = KCP/Kuz/*Trezz/21st, and we didn’t re-sign AC/Dennis. That’s a LOT of depth that minimum deals cannot replace. I don’t see how we can upgrade without including THT at this point. So we roll with him or he goes in a trade. Not many options with so many minimum deals.
j-dawg
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:32 am    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

he only knows going after big names...

Gotta admit, hurts to say this as a Laker fan, but you guys did a great job with acquisitions such as that one
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:38 am    Post subject:

We ain't winning #18 within the next few years because of the Warriors. I'd say tear up the team and trade AD and Bron while they still have value. Realistically speaking, could the 2019 Lakers beat this Warriors team with a healthy Klay and without the 3-month hiatus? Exactly.

So the problem right now is not just with the Lakers but with the competition. We need to be thinking 10 steps ahead and be proactive. Reshape the front office. Get rid of the incompetence. Let's plan for longterm. Forget planning to win another ring with Bron in next couple years cuz it ain't happening.
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:48 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
This was my fear trading out so much depth and not retaining others. WB = KCP/Kuz/*Trezz/21st, and we didn’t re-sign AC/Dennis. That’s a LOT of depth that minimum deals cannot replace. I don’t see how we can upgrade without including THT at this point. So we roll with him or he goes in a trade. Not many options with so many minimum deals.

We are not winning anything in remaining lebron era and there after if we build around AD
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7133, 7134, 7135 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 7134 of 8560
Jump to: