OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7359, 7360, 7361 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Another casualty of the Russ deal:

One of the few sellers at the trade deadline, the Sacramento Kings want nothing to do with us. Harrison Barnes would be a pretty nice pickup.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:18 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
IG, I don’t see anything on Twitter about this

so IG = logical confirmed? lol

I’ve noticed the same exact sentences and posting style.

But it’s all good. IG ain’t the only one

You never know for sure, but I think IG and Logical are the same person. Their writing styles and content are very similar. But the even bigger thing for me is they have a lot of similarities in how they use grammar and punctuation. Those are the type of things that are hard to hide because you're usually not aware of it.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:

One of the few sellers at the trade deadline, the Sacramento Kings want nothing to do with us. Harrison Barnes would be a pretty nice pickup.

What suggests they want nothing to do with us?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:22 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

You never know for sure, but I think IG and Logical are the same person. Their writing styles and content are very similar. But the even bigger thing for me is they have a lot of similarities in how they use grammar and punctuation. Those are the type of things that are hard to hide because you're usually not aware of it.

All you need is a mod to come onto this thread and deny that both are the same person and we can go on with our lives..
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:23 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

What suggests they want nothing to do with us?

There were pretty consistent reports that they felt the Lakers reneged on what they thought was a done deal with Hield.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:28 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

All you need is a mod to come onto this thread and deny that both are the same person and we can go on with our lives..

How would a moderator be able to determine that you were different people? The only thing a moderator could determine is if you signed up for the two accounts using different email addresses, which is easy to do.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:31 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

How would a moderator be able to determine that you were different people? The only thing a moderator could determine is if you signed up for the two accounts using different email addresses, which is easy to do.

Location and Area are 2 easy things to detect when determining someone.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Location and Area are 2 easy things to detect when determining someone.

As I said, the only information a moderator has about you is your email address. And it's fairly easy to hide the location of an email address.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:45 pm    Post subject:

JVG thinks the Knicks should blow it up, any chance we can get Mitchell Robinson? Sucks that he had a fall out with Klutch agency.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:52 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

this is an odd obsession for LG. has IG ever struck you guys as self-conscious about his posts? why would he need another guise to post under?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:21 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

this is an odd obsession for LG. has IG ever struck you guys as self-conscious about his posts? why would he need another guise to post under?

I don't know that it's an obsession. it just strikes me that a lot of posters here independently noticed a lot of similarities between the post attributed to the two screen names.

I am not going to guess at his motivation. I am simply saying that the writing styles, punctuation, grammar, and content of the two screen names are so similar, and share so many unique writing conventions, that I think they are the same person.
Swagron12
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:01 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
deal wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
That trade idea where we'd also get Wood is beyond hideous for the Lakers, as Wood expires next year. Nowhere near worth giving up the '27 1st for that, especially considering that Wall has even less value than Westbrook does. Then again, the Westbrook trade was even worse, so nothing would surprise me.

Could see Westbrook / THT / DJ and multiple 2nd round picks being the deal instead of the 1st round pick.

Again, Wall is terrible right now; why would the Lakers want to trade bad for bad?

Would Wall put us over the championship top ? Then why bother…this discussion is about trading for no good reason.

File it.

What’s possible is that if we end up acquiring Wall we re-route him to the Clippers for there assets.. so basically it will be Christian Wood + sweetners going to the Lakers in a multiple team trade.

That’s less possible. You’re talking about our neighbors who hate us. If there is a deal with them it’s like when we gave away Zubac for, well, nothing. Sure they’ll take us for a ride but don’t expect a return.

Move on.

No one gets re-routed or flipped, especially to a division rival. At least put some logic into your posts. Or is this logic posting?
Swagron12
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:06 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Look at the number of posts the guy has…it’s embarrassing. Imagine that number of posts times 2. There’s your motivation.

Plus there’s an ally that agrees with you, like there is some type of “insider” information being posted here. Lol
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:43 am    Post subject:

Can we keep the thread on topic and stop with the cyber bullying.

Who cares if a user has 1 account or 10. As long as they are not insulting anyone else, we are nobody to judge when or how often someone posts on these boards. Maybe this is where some users come to feel a sense of belonging…

Whatever the reason, let’s please stop with all the judgmental BS.

On another note, wasn’t Pelinka at the Brooklyn game? Maybe he is meeting with Morey right now to discuss taking on both Simmons and Harris.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:33 am    Post subject:

Swagron12 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Look at the number of posts the guy has…it’s embarrassing. Imagine that number of posts times 2. There’s your motivation.

Plus there’s an ally that agrees with you, like there is some type of “insider” information being posted here. Lol

I'm not sure it's the same guy...Logical usually proposes trades that most of the time work under the cap....he leaves it at that and doesn't really respond too much on disagreements....IG is quite the opposite...lol
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:42 am    Post subject:

Y'all need to move on from this poster hunting, let the dude post, I rather have a bustling thread then a cricket ones, just don't reply to the one you don't like
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:53 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
logical24 wrote:
If Houston wants Russ i will throw in THT/1st/Filler to try and get KPJ/Wood also if Rob can pull that off man oh man...

Then you can flip Wall to the Clippers for Morris/Kennard/Ibaka since they are trying to get Wall.

I’m quite certain we don’t want “Russ”.

But maybe the front office of the team you root for would prefer a couple second round picks to nothing.

I doubt the team wants to go from an overpaid guy who is willing to sit to one who will want to play and doesn't even want to be benched, for a few 2nd round picks.

Westbrook will be "willing to sit" just like Wall has been - hanging out in LA and Miami waiting for the buyout.

The owner is cheap. He's not buying anyone out, hence the player being ok sitting. If he was fine eating a few million Wall wouldn't be on the team.

Last edited by Dreamshake on Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:57 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
It doesn’t sound so crazy that we could be getting John Wall + Christian Wood these guys aren’t very liked by the Rockets fans and I’m sure the Rockets FO wasn’t very about Wood’s antics a couple of weeks ago, if the Rockets want the pick and there willing to add a quality asset to make both parties happy then it’s possible it could have legs.

It sounds completely crazy that you think the Rockets would also give you an 18/10 big that only makes 14M a year. Wood alone can be moved for a pick if the team chose to do so.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:02 am    Post subject:

What in the actual F is going on in this thread???

I get that the trade deadline could be slow for us, but these ain’t the rumors most of us are still coming around the way for.

Anyways…here are a couple names that have been brought up as trade targets by the good folks at LG…

Quote:
Atl: One team contacted by Atlanta regarding Collins told Bleacher Report the Hawks were only seeking a valuable first-round pick and a starting-caliber player in exchange for the talented young forward.
Other teams believe the Hawks could draw an even higher return. Jerami Grant has been frequently mentioned as a primary trade target for the Hawks this deadline, and Atlanta placed a call to San Antonio about Derrick White, sources said. The Spurs and Mavericks have been considered Collins suitors dating back to the 2020 offseason.
Another interesting Hawks tidbit: Before Atlanta sent Reddish to New York, the Hawks and Celtics discussed a framework that would have swapped Marcus Smart for Kevin Heurter and Reddish, sources said. It's unclear how far that dialogue progressed.

Portland: One thing remains clear: The Trail Blazers, unlikely to march deep into the postseason, appear motivated to dodge the tax. Add in Simons' recent explosion before his restricted free agency this summer, and rival executives have painted all of CJ McCollum, Norman Powell, Jusuf Nurkic and Robert Covington as potential trade candidates.
The destination most often linked to McCollum has been New Orleans, who could sensibly deal Jonas Valanciunas and Josh Hart. That would give the Blazers a center replacement for Nurkic, a strong veteran contributor in Hart and sneak Portland under the tax. It would seem the Pelicans would be more willing to part with Tomas Satoranksy and Jaxson Hayes over Valanciunas, however.
Covington is expected to draw numerous interested teams. Yet Utah, a popular destination mentioned by league figures, has been described to B/R as an unlikely landing spot despite their initial overtures with Portland.

Indy: In addition to the Blazers, the Mavericks, Raptors, Knicks, Hornets and Kings have been mentioned as Turner suitors. The majority of rival executives contacted by B/R have described the Pacers' as demanding far more—multiple first-round picks—than teams have so far shown in interest for both Turner and Domantas Sabonis.
Landing Sabonis would require a package commensurate with the haul Orlando received for Nikola Vucevic last summer, according to our intel. Sacramento and New Orleans have both expressed a desire for Sabonis, although it’s far more likely that Turner would be the Pacers big man out the door if his injury forces Indiana to drop their asking price.

Sack: Sacramento is said to be pursuing the two Pacers bigs and Jerami Grant, while also exploring avenues to move Buddy Hield, Harrison Barnes and Marvin Bagley.
Tristan Thompson is also considered available for a second-round pick.

Htown: Miami has consistently been mentioned as a suitor for Christian Wood this week. The Rockets are searching for a sizable return for the skilled forward. So far, a framework of Duncan Robinson for Wood has circulated around the league, but Houston appears to require far more to part with their frontcourt centerpiece.
In conversations with rival teams, the Rockets have conveyed a confidence they will receive a first-round pick in exchange for Eric Gordon before the Feb. 10 buzzer.
Another Houston veteran drawing significant interest of late has been center Daniel Theis. The high price for Myles Turner has led several teams including Boston, Charlotte, Milwaukee and Toronto to inquire about the Rockets big man.

Cbags: It's a few weeks before the deadline, so it seems only fitting that Marcus Smart's name has once again percolated in trade talk. But it will take significant value in return, sources said, for Boston to ever part with Smart.
Al Horford's name has been mentioned more often in trade conversations this week. The 35-year-old has just $14.5 million of next season's $26.5 million salary guaranteed for any team in search of upcoming cap relief, but there would seem to be a limited market for the veteran center.
Dennis Schroder and Aaron Nesmith continued to be labeled as likely trade candidates by league personnel as well. Getting out of the tax appears to remain a key goal for Boston.

The6: Toronto has been circling centers for some time. There were discussions regarding a Sabonis-Pascal Siakam swap, but those negotiations stalled, sources said. The Raptors were closely monitoring Andre Drummond's situation in Cleveland prior to last season's deadline, and were lurking in the background of Jarrett Allen's free agency last summer.

Okc: For teams inquiring about adding Oklahoma City swingman Kenrich Williams, the Thunder's asking price has so far been categorized as a first-round pick.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2952819-nba-head-rumor-intel-latest-on-collins-turner-mccollum-grant-more

Btw, crickets in that entire article when it comes to the Lakeshow. Should be crickets on discussing specific members as well.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:10 am    Post subject:

Quote:

Sam Presti is seeking a first-round pick for Kenrich Williams, per @JakeLFischer

“For teams inquiring about adding Oklahoma City swingman Kenrich Williams, the Thunder's asking price has so far been categorized as a first-round pick.”

I doubt this guy has any sources
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:15 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:

That's the unofficial subtitle of the thread.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:16 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
logical24 wrote:
If Houston wants Russ i will throw in THT/1st/Filler to try and get KPJ/Wood also if Rob can pull that off man oh man...

Then you can flip Wall to the Clippers for Morris/Kennard/Ibaka since they are trying to get Wall.

I’m quite certain we don’t want “Russ”.

But maybe the front office of the team you root for would prefer a couple second round picks to nothing.

I doubt the team wants to go from an overpaid guy who is willing to sit to one who will want to play and doesn't even want to be benched, for a few 2nd round picks.

Westbrook will be "willing to sit" just like Wall has been - hanging out in LA and Miami waiting for the buyout.

The owner is cheap. He's not buying anyone out, hence the player being ok sitting. If he was fine eating a few million Wall wouldn't be on the team.

Wall has said he is not giving a dime back so that’s why he is still on the team

Russ would give back few millions and I Am sure rockets owner would love it
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:19 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Lakers GM Rob Pelinka planned on trading for Buddy Hield, but LeBron and Anthony Davis encouraged him to trade for Russell Westbrook.

👀

(via @TheSteinLine, marcstein.substack.com/p/to-trade-or-…)

Now Pelinka is pulling a Vogel and getting ahead of the (bleep) show.

Just wants everyone to know (as if it wasn’t obvious) that trade for Russ was LeGM/AD

There's going to be a lot of scapegoating this offseason.

Klutch
Coaches (Vogel/Handy)
Pelinka
Jeanie/Rambii
Westbrook

5 different entities all will have different opinions. All will be leaked. It's gonna resemble the 2019 offseason. You'll have 5 different narratives out here from the above mentioned sides. I think I may just take a vacation from LG around May-July. It's gonna be really ugly.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:26 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

That's the unofficial subtitle of the thread.

Haha…it should be “buckle up!”

https://twitter.com/hoopshype/status/1486730389422891025
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:29 am    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Quote:

Sam Presti is seeking a first-round pick for Kenrich Williams, per @JakeLFischer

“For teams inquiring about adding Oklahoma City swingman Kenrich Williams, the Thunder's asking price has so far been categorized as a first-round pick.”

I doubt this guy has any sources

Nope. He's legit. Prob steep but worth considering.
So, hypothetically, the 2027 1st + 2 min guys ( Jordan and Baze) for Kenny Hustle.
Get a 3&D wing. Free up a roster spot. Lose a future 1st rounder.
Maybe can get Presti to take a second rounder instead of the first.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7359, 7360, 7361 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 7360 of 8560
Jump to: