OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 846, 847, 848 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:29 pm    Post subject:

WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
Embiid wrote:
Butler wants 5th year. We have his bird rights and are only team that can offer him that. Only way he leaves is if we don't offer him that which I can't see.

That’s a got to be close to 100 million next year for Butler, Embiid, Harris and Simmons

I don’t think that would be an issue
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:30 pm    Post subject:

lonzobryant wrote:
Can't believe we prioritized signing an old LeBron over Paul George.

Our focus should have been PG and then Kawhi.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

lonzobryant wrote:

Paul George didn't want to come after his bromance with Westbrook.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

lonzobryant wrote:

how can u say that? when 1 guy didnt give us a meeting and signed within the 1st hour of free agency?
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:33 pm    Post subject:

lonzobryant wrote:

It's more like... Can't believe we prioritized signing an old superstar that no one wants to play with over PG. It's like Groundhog Day with the front office.

In this case it might be that old superstar wants to hook up his Klutch friends but he better be working that all star weekend if he wants to dispel that thinking.

I'm wondering if we signed Muscala so we can cut him when he sucks and then we'll be relieved to get Melo.

Insert meme of guy pointing at his head.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:38 pm    Post subject:

I can’t believe how non invested I am in this team right now.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:41 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
I can’t believe how non invested I am in this team right now.

It's going to soon be like one of those randomly generated teams you create when you play video games in franchise mode.
PengShow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:43 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:

It's more like... Can't believe we prioritized signing an old superstar that no one wants to play with over PG. It's like Groundhog Day with the front office.

In this case it might be that old superstar wants to hook up his Klutch friends but he better be working that all star weekend if he wants to dispel that thinking.

I'm wondering if we signed Muscala so we can cut him when he sucks and then we'll be relieved to get Melo.

More like the only superstar who wanted to join happened to be LeBron and without him we'd be a lottery team.

Let's not get in the way of that fact, years and years of trying to sign subpar players, yet the one season we do sign the best in the NBA people are still complaining.
ibitegirls
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:43 pm    Post subject:

the trolls have taken over LG. run for the hills folks
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:46 pm    Post subject:

PengShow wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:

More like the only superstar who wanted to join happened to be LeBron and without him we'd be a lottery team.

Let's not get in the way of that fact, years and years of trying to sign subpar players, yet the one season we do sign the best in the NBA people are still complaining.

PG wanted to come when we were terrible.

Sure, it's possible he really did fall that hard for Russ... but he's dragging OKC to success almost in spite of Russ with some great defenders.

It's like a guy in a romantic comedy who chooses between the prom queen and the girl who would only be hot if she took off her glasses.

We put all of our efforts into the prom queen... when the girl with the glasses was our soul mate.

You can't blame them for doing it... but in retrospect it was the wrong call.
PengShow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
PengShow wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:

Sure, it's possible he really did fall that hard for Russ... but he's dragging OKC to success almost in spite of Russ with some great defenders.

It's like a guy in a romantic comedy who chooses between the prom queen and the girl who would only be hot if she took off her glasses.

We put all of our efforts into the prom queen... when the girl with the glasses was our soul mate.

The wrong move was to not go all in with the Ingram + #2 pick for PG if that was all it took like most people have said.

They thought he'd be available as a FA, hindsight is a lovely thing. Looking back they should have traded for him.
lonzobryant
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:51 pm    Post subject:

I'm just sayin PG13 is a leading candidate to win MVP and DPOY

I doubt LeBron even gets first team all NBA and it's only gonna get worse from here.
PengShow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:54 pm    Post subject:

lonzobryant wrote:

I doubt LeBron even gets first team all NBA and it's only gonna get worse from here.

We didn't trade for him, or we did but didn't go all in. He was traded to OKC and he chose to stay during his FA.

There's not much you can in that position, crying over spilled milk.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:54 pm    Post subject:

lonzobryant wrote:

LeBron was good before the injury, he should be back in shape shortly, then we'll see..
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:57 pm    Post subject:

PengShow wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
PengShow wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:

The wrong move was to not go all in with the Ingram + #2 pick for PG if that was all it took like most people have said.

They thought he'd be available as a FA, hindsight is a lovely thing. Looking back they should have traded for him.

Let's say someone tells you they are going to save you two number 2 overall picks so don't trade them.

Would you trade for them anyway? Or would you trust them and not seal the deal.

It was worth trusting the strong signs PG was giving us to keep two number 2 overall picks at the time.

Turned out to be the bad call... but you'd almost have to be outright paranoid not to think he was coming.

And as I've said... we don't even know what happened. Once we fell in love with getting LBJ... maybe we got greedy and took PG for granted.

We may never know the story for years.

So yes, in hindsight trading Ball and Ingram might have been the right call... but that could have turned out to be Tatum and Ingram and PG came anyway.

I think the real problem is we made PG feel like a mistress instead of a wife.

And now we've given that feeling to our entire team.

Bad management imo.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:09 pm    Post subject:

from what I saw tonight, we desperately need another big man now that Zubac is gone. Chandler is clearly washed, but I doubt the FO would release him....and McGee cannot handle the heavy minutes. The longer McGee plays, the more he lapses on defense. I never thought I would say this, but have the Nets officially released Greg Monroe yet? He could at least eat some minutes.

I hate to waste the last roster spot on a plodding Center, but I do not see another option....outside waiving Mike Muscala. That would be ironic.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:28 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
from what I saw tonight, we desperately need another big man now that Zubac is gone. Chandler is clearly washed, but I doubt the FO would release him....and McGee cannot handle the heavy minutes. The longer McGee plays, the more he lapses on defense. I never thought I would say this, but have the Nets officially released Greg Monroe yet? He could at least eat some minutes.

I hate to waste the last roster spot on a plodding Center, but I do not see another option....outside waiving Mike Muscala. That would be ironic.

Enes Kanter would make a lot of sense, but what’s the point of him signing here if he can sign with a real playoff contender?
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:04 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

I believe Gortat is available if you want the ultimate plodder. Muscala is a serviceable big and the type of rotation player we should have picked up in the summer. If you want ironic lets sign J Okafor in this summer if the Pelicans let him walk and start him at C next year.
nzahir
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:13 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:

Can't believe how clueless some of you guys are.
PG wasn't going to come here after he fell in love with OKC and Russ.

Should have given him more attention and cared less for Lebron? How TF does that make ANY sense? You think begging and harassing PG would make him want to come here more? Instead you would have no Lebron and no PG.

The GMs have to look themselves in the face and ask why they constructed such a poor roster. Why we STILL dont have a shooting coach is (bleep) PATHETIC. Idk if this is Lukes fault, Maginka, or Jeanie's. But somebody is an idiot
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:38 pm    Post subject:

I have no proof that no one wants to play with LeBron, but if I keep repeating it maybe I can type it into existence.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:52 am    Post subject:

nzahir wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:

Should have given him more attention and cared less for Lebron? How TF does that make ANY sense? You think begging and harassing PG would make him want to come here more? Instead you would have no Lebron and no PG.

The GMs have to look themselves in the face and ask why they constructed such a poor roster. Why we STILL dont have a shooting coach is (bleep) PATHETIC. Idk if this is Lukes fault, Maginka, or Jeanie's. But somebody is an idiot

Ask yourself why none of the major free agents have expressed interest to come here.

Then consider the common denominator.

People have said they would love to come here and play for a title with LBJ.

Yet oddly, this plan has failed to materialize.

So either you think... Klutch and Maginka have stacked the deck in AD's favor... Or, no one wants to come here.

Either way we are stuck between a less than optimal choice between giving up the rest of our young assets to acquire AD... or punt one more year and attempt to try again in 2020.

The second issue is that posters here have repeatedly asserted that it will be easy to get quality ringchasers to come here...

And along with the motley crew who came in the fall... we now have acquired Bullock and Muscala. Too early to judge, yes... but are you inspired by the idea of AD, LBJ, Muscala, Bullock, McGee, Lance, Chandler...

Why didn't we acquire these quality ringchasers... if this game is so easy?

They still can salvage this mess... I haven't given up completely... but to not contemplate the issues is sticking one's head in the sand.

I would put all my efforts into any of the available top agents.

If you think we win after divesting ourselves of the entire core and draft picks... well, we'll have to agree to disagree on that.

And if you think this trade will happen without everything... especially now that we already got rid of Zu and Svi... you are in some serious denial.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:00 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
nzahir wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:

Ask yourself why none of the major free agents have expressed interest to come here.

Then consider the common denominator.

People have said they would love to come here and play for a title with LBJ.

Yet oddly, this plan has failed to materialize.

So either you think... Klutch and Maginka have stacked the deck in AD's favor... Or, no one wants to come here.

Either way we are stuck between a less than optimal choice between giving up the rest of our young assets to acquire AD... or punt one more year and attempt to try again in 2020.

The second issue is that posters here have repeatedly asserted that it will be easy to get quality ringchasers to come here...

And along with the motley crew who came in the fall... we now have acquired Bullock and Muscala. Too early to judge, yes... but are you inspired by the idea of AD, LBJ, Muscala, Bullock, McGee, Lance, Chandler...

Why didn't we acquire these quality ringchasers... if this game is so easy?

They still can salvage this mess... I haven't given up completely... but to not contemplate the issues is sticking one's head in the sand.

I would put all my efforts into any of the available top agents.

If you think we win after divesting ourselves of the entire core and draft picks... well, we'll have to agree to disagree on that.

And if you think this trade will happen without everything... especially now that we already got rid of Zu and Svi... you are in some serious denial.

All Star free agents are available this summer. Ringchasers will be available this summer. Paul George made his mind up before Lebron signed.

You are trying to form a conclusion before any evidence has come in. Cousins, for example, wanted to sign. Trades are not evidence of ringchasers willing or not willing to sign because you are dealing with organizations and not players.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:24 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:

All Star free agents are available this summer. Ringchasers will be available this summer. Paul George made his mind up before Lebron signed.

You are trying to form a conclusion before any evidence has come in. Cousins, for example, wanted to sign. Trades are not evidence of ringchasers willing or not willing to sign because you are dealing with organizations and not players.

I thought the Godfather offer was compelling evidence that either Klutch had insisted on AD above all else... or that no one wanted to come.

If someone did want to come and we still made that offer... then I've severely lost faith in management's judgment. If no one wants to come... then I'm attributing the lack of interest to Klutch and LBJ's presence. Which is why I said what thought about PG...

Maybe you thought it was okay to consider offering 7 to 10 assets... when other elite FAs had interest. My take was that the severe overpay was an indication of either Klutch's bias... or lack of options.

I agree all of my thoughts are purely hypothetical... and I hope I'm wrong and we sign a free agent and add it to the core... then clear one or more of the pieces for AD in 2020. But after seeing the botched deals that rid us of Zu and Svi... I hold little hope that we will be making brilliant moves with the rest of our assets.

I think most likely we will clean house completely and roll with LBJ and AD.

Maybe somehow it works... but looking at who we've acquired so far, you'll have to excuse me for being somewhat skeptical.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:25 am    Post subject:

We just miss Melo to become the joke of the league. Do it Mitch!!!
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:33 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
drae wrote:

I thought the Godfather offer was compelling evidence that either Klutch had insisted on AD above all else... or that no one wanted to come.

If someone did want to come and we still made that offer... then I've severely lost faith in management's judgment. If no one wants to come... then I'm attributing the lack of interest to Klutch and LBJ's presence. Which is why I said what thought about PG...

Maybe you thought it was okay to consider offering 7 to 10 assets... when other elite FAs had interest. My take was that the severe overpay was an indication of either Klutch's bias... or lack of options.

I agree all of my thoughts are purely hypothetical... and I hope I'm wrong and we sign a free agent and add it to the core... then clear one or more of the pieces for AD in 2020. But after seeing the botched deals that rid us of Zu and Svi... I hold little hope that we will be making brilliant moves with the rest of our assets.

I think most likely we will clean house completely and roll with LBJ and AD.

Maybe somehow it works... but looking at who we've acquired so far, you'll have to excuse me for being somewhat skeptical.

While there may be a decent chance of a FA coming here in the off season, anything can happen. Like Durant telling his teammates at Oklahoma he'd see them next season and the following week heading to GSW. While the Lakers have a decent chance to pick someone up in FA, a bird in the hand is always worth more. ALWAYS. Because nobody knows what Durant is going to do, not even his teammates (reference Draymond's outburst). Nobody knows what Kawhi is going to do. And Kyrie may or may not be coming, but he's a weird one also.

Also it was to show AD how much the Lakers value him. PG seems to resent the idea the Lakers never traded for him when they had the chance, going by his reports to the media. Well, AD now knows the Lakers did try and trade for him and he also knows how much they value him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 846, 847, 848 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 847 of 8560
Jump to: