OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 883, 884, 885 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:42 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I'm trying to get "excited" about a real possibility of punting (i.e. sign Boogie to a 1 year 30m deal) to 2020 to sign AD. LBJ will be 36 and we would waste 2 of his guaranteed 3 years (4th year is a P.O.).

It's not as optimal as signing someone this year (mostly for LBJ... for the Lakers it's not so bad)... but it's still way better than gutting the team.

1. 2 Max plus core
2. LBJ plus two second tier players plus core
3. Punting with an overpay for a rental.
4. Signing a lower tier agent plus trading the core for AD.
5. Trading the core for AD without signing anyone

I'd rank the scenarios something like this.

You'd still have to get rid of BI, who is a big part of the YUTES.

I'm fine with getting rid of BI to sign AD in 2020... and you know how much I like the kid. But BI for AD is a good trade. BI/Kuz/Zo plus picks is not a good trade with only a year to wait. Unless BI makes a quantum jump next year.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:52 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I'm trying to get "excited" about a real possibility of punting (i.e. sign Boogie to a 1 year 30m deal) to 2020 to sign AD. LBJ will be 36 and we would waste 2 of his guaranteed 3 years (4th year is a P.O.).

it would be stupid to punt another year when you have maybe argubally top 10 player on ur roster.

its cute to punt when you dont have a lebron on ur team but not acceptable to punt another year when we know what happened with Paul George.

other then AD and maybe Draymond Green there is nobody else to punt the space on
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:03 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

It's not as optimal as signing someone this year (mostly for LBJ... for the Lakers it's not so bad)... but it's still way better than gutting the team.

1. 2 Max plus core

you omit the scenario of signing 2 Max AND trading for AD which many would say is better than all of those.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:26 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

1. 2 Max plus core

you omit the scenario of signing 2 Max AND trading for AD which many would say is better than all of those.

Doesn't fit his agenda
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:39 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

1. 2 Max plus core

Why will the Pelicans reconsider the same offer they already said no to? Our young guys aren't going to be any better this off season. Their trade value is not on the level of guys like Davis. The FO will have to trade them for someone else, if that's the route they're going to take.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:40 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

IMO, and I respect your opinion as always, but I think throwing someone like Boogie a 1 year $30MM deal is the worst type of "punting" we could do.

If anything, spread that $36MM all around... guys that can offer varying skill sets we don't really have: mainly shooting and playing off ball. Some can be guys looking to stick in the league, some who want to up their value and earn a following big contract, and some two just want to ring chase. Not all have to be one year deals, but keep em all under 2 years with team options sir they become tradable.

In the punt scenario guys I like are: Danny Green, DeAndre Jordan, Dwayne Dedmon, Marcus Morris, DeMarre Carrol, Marquis Chriss, Wayne Ellington, Thad Young, Trevor Ariza, Jeff Green, Rondo, Chandler, Mcgee.

I guess what I'm saying, I'd try and built the deepest most balanced team possible around the kids and LeBron and then be ready to add AD to the mix the following year.

Of course, I'd much rather sign our max guy this summer and then decide if we trade for AD.

1) KD
2) Kawhi
3) Kyrie
4) Klay

And in that order. Anyone after them I maybe rather go the above mentioned route.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:42 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

IMO, and I respect your opinion as always, but I think throwing someone like Boogie a 1 year $30MM deal is the worst type of "punting" we could do.

If anything, spread that $36MM all around... guys that can offer varying skill sets we don't really have: mainly shooting and playing off ball. Some can be guys looking to stick in the league, some who want to up their value and earn a following big contract, and some two just want to ring chase. Not all have to be one year deals, but keep em all under 2 years with team options sir they become tradable.

In the punt scenario guys I like are: Danny Green, DeAndre Jordan, Dwayne Dedmon, Marcus Morris, DeMarre Carrol, Marquis Chriss, Wayne Ellington, Thad Young, Trevor Ariza, Jeff Green, Rondo, Chandler, Mcgee.

I guess what I'm saying, I'd try and built the deepest most balanced team possible around the kids and LeBron and then be ready to add AD to the mix the following year.

Of course, I'd much rather sign our max guy this summer and then decide if we trade for AD.

1) KD
2) Kawhi
3) Kyrie
4) Klay

And in that order. Anyone after them I maybe rather go the above mentioned route.

I'm not endorsing that.

I'm just saying that there's a chance the team elects to punt the cap space to 2020.

The casualties of that would be LBJ, BI (whose cap hold is 21m in 2020 when AD would be a FA, if he is even one), etc.

My plan all along is to get that 2nd max FA, and then decide whether to keep the YUTES or trade some for a 3rd all star.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:08 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

There's no punting going on. Prepare your body for a multi-year max for Cousins...or Jimmy Butler.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:10 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

1. 2 Max plus core

You realize the kids are getting traded either way (unless they play their way into having zero value)?
jg77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:12 am    Post subject:

I watched that First Take segment and it's obvious that Klutch has Max Kellerman on payroll...I highly doubt he believes the stuff he says. He mentioned that this scenario would be a success.

Sign Middleton in the offseason
Sign AD in 2020
Keep the young core and boom...

Championship

Lol crazy. A 36 yo LeBron is most likely not gonna be a top 10 player. And AD can't even get his current squad in the playoff race.

IDK what we're doing but it's not looking good right now. I still believe it's KD, KL, or AD in the offseason or bust. No other options gets us to where we need to be. If the player isn't good enough to make LeBron option 1B as he gets older then I wouldn't be interested.

Last edited by jg77 on Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:12 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

There's no punting going on. Prepare your body for a multi-year max for Cousins...or Jimmy Butler.

I think Jimmy on a long term deal is another possible scenario behind a 1 year punt for AD.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:14 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

1. 2 Max plus core

Why will the Pelicans reconsider the same offer they already said no to? Our young guys aren't going to be any better this off season. Their trade value is not on the level of guys like Davis. The FO will have to trade them for someone else, if that's the route they're going to take.

The Pelicans did what any smart team should have done in this situation... wait until the offseason to digest all team's best offer along with seeing where the draft picks offer will fall in this coming draft.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:15 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

1) KD
2) Kawhi
3) Kyrie
4) Klay

I agree with this plan.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:15 am    Post subject:

jg77 wrote:
I watched that First Take segment and it's obvious that Klutch has Max Kellerman on payroll...I highly doubt he believes the stuff he says. He mentioned that this scenario would be a success.

Sign AD in 2020

Championship

Lol crazy. A 36 yo LeBron is most likely not gonna be a top 10 player. And AD can't even get his current squad in the playoff race.

IDK what we're doing but it's not looking good right now. I still believe it's KD, KL, or AD in the offseason or bust. No other options gets us to where we need to be. If the player isn't good enough to make LeBron option 1B as he gets older then I wouldn't be interested.

If you pay Middleton FMV, and keep BI, there is literally 0 cap space to sign AD in 2020.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:16 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I think Jimmy on a long term deal is another possible scenario behind a 1 year punt for AD.

There's just no way we're punting this summer. Cousins and Butler are the most realistic targets because Magic can sell that BS. We'll sign a Tobias Harris or Vucevic to a max deal before we punt. We'd even sign...*gulp*...Eric Bledsoe to a huge deal before we punted.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:18 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
jg77 wrote:

Sign AD in 2020

Championship

If you pay Middleton FMV, and keep BI, there is literally 0 cap space to sign AD in 2020.

You think Max Kellerman is going let math get in the way? Ben Simmons in 2021!
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:24 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

1. 2 Max plus core

Is that possible with cap restrictions? You could trade for someone like Kemba... but then you don't have assets to acquire AD.

I thought we already calculated that someone like Kyrie would have to take a haircut.

But if that could happen... I'd put that 2nd or 3rd because of lack of depth.

Kyrie/AD/LBJ is intriguing but you are really walking a tightrope as far as injuries are concerned.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:27 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

There's just no way we're punting this summer. Cousins and Butler are the most realistic targets because Magic can sell that BS. We'll sign a Tobias Harris or Vucevic to a max deal before we punt. We'd even sign...*gulp*...Eric Bledsoe to a huge deal before we punted.

Why the hell would we want Bledsoe? Do you get a team scoring handicap if you sign enough bad three point shooters?
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:29 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

1. 2 Max plus core

Is that possible with cap restrictions? You could trade for someone like Kemba... but then you don't have assets to acquire AD.

I thought we already calculated that someone like Kyrie would have to take a haircut.

Kyrie/AD/LBJ is intriguing but you are really walking a tightrope as far as injuries are concerned.

you trade for AD after signing the 2nd Max.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject:

Lakers punting with be a monumental disaster. DLo was traded for the chance to get PG and LBJ together. That didn't work. They tried to sell us on the 2019 plan due to all the big time FAs. If that fails, they have failed.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:32 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Why would Cousins take a one-year deal anyway? Even if no one offers him the max, he's still likely to get a better offer than that.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:36 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

1. 2 Max plus core

you trade for AD after signing the 2nd Max.

Yeah I'd put that second then... unless you got KD or Kawhi.

I love Kyrie but then all our eggs are dependent on two injury prone players and one older player who's no longer able to Harden teams to victory by himself.

I still think 2 max with depth and draft picks is number one... but I'd be okay with 3 max and no depth... at least I can see a path to a title that way.

You also have to think of those two younger max players being a good fit as players and personalities to pair them after the LBJ years.

You also have to make sure not to sign LBJ to an extension if you have no bench otherwise we'll be like Kobe farewell tour mode in three years... or the predicament Houston has with CP3. This is the problem again with Klutch... maybe they use the leverage with AD's future to force us to sign LBJ to two more years.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:37 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Why would Cousins take a one-year deal anyway? Even if no one offers him the max, he's still likely to get a better offer than that.

I can see him doing a 1 year balloon payment in a situation that lets him shine so that he could then lock in a more lucrative long term contract. But either way I dont want him anywhere near the Lakers.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:38 am    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
Lakers punting with be a monumental disaster. DLo was traded for the chance to get PG and LBJ together. That didn't work. They tried to sell us on the 2019 plan due to all the big time FAs. If that fails, they have failed.

You could call it a disaster maybe... but trading AD for everyone without the third agent would be the monumental disaster.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:54 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

based on the way he looks now, I can't imagine anyone giving him a large long term deal
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 883, 884, 885 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 884 of 8560
Jump to: