OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 886, 887, 888 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:39 pm    Post subject:

LeBron Stan wrote:
We need Kyrie.

KD, Kawhi, Kyrie, Klay...

in that order but KI would be a huge pick up
Robster8989
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:58 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
the way I would handle the Center position next season is

- hopefully be able to sign McGee on a value contract....he gives you everything you really need from a starting center on a Lebron team.

- not sure if possible, but maybe Rich Paul can get Noel to opt out and come over to the Lakers with the promise of more minutes. Noel has very quietly been very good this year backing up Adams. Plays about 14 MPG, gives them 5 Points, 5 Rebounds, over a block and a steal per game. When he has to play more because of Adams foul trouble, he can step up like he did in their last game where he played 22 Minutes and had 22 Points and 13 Rebounds. For those that trust DRPM....he is 3rd in the NBA for his position.

- my third guy would be a veteran backup PF that can play small ball Center....maybe in the mold of a Markieff Morris. A guy that will play 5-10 minutes a night @ PF and 5-10 minutes a night @ Center.

I am not spending a large part of my cap on a Center, and having a PF that can play Center allows me to roster an additional Wing.

Completely agree with you.
McGee has been really solid for us, and is a good fit with a Zo/LBJ team in limited minutes.
Chandler was a nice complement for a while, just looks physically done now.
What we lack is a shooter to compliment McGee.
(Paging Brook Lopez).
I like Morris, and if we are waiting for AD, Morris would be a nice compliment.
I also like Dedmon a lot at the right price. LA guy too.
If we do have a promise from Klutch/AD, I like signing some depth over giving Cousins 30+.
First thing I'd do if we are punting, is try to find a way to take care of McGee and Rondo. Pay them more in 2019, with the understanding that they split the Room in 2020. Then add some depth. 2 guys I'd value would be Dedmon and Reddick, as well as Morris. Taj Gibson is another LA guy I like, as well as Ariza.
PG-Lonzo (8.7)/Rondo(9)/Bonga (1.4)
SG- Reddick (16)/Hart (2)/1st round pick (3)
SF-LBJ (37.2)/Ingram (7.3)
PF- Kuz (2)/Morris(Room)
C- McGee (9)/Dedmon(7)
That's a deep team that can preserve LBJ a bit and can shoot.
Of course, we should and will pursue the top FA's this year. My plan is if we whiff and do have a promise from AD to sign as a FA in 2020.
We'd also need to decide if Ingram is a keeper or not. His cap hold is over 20 mil in 2020.

West Point '88
UCLA '92
75th Ranger Regiment '88-'04
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:03 pm    Post subject:

^^^I just do not think Reddick is an option unless he has changed his position....but I recall him saying last year he did not expect to play in the West again because at this point in his career it was more important being on the East coast. Also, I do not really see a reason for Philly not to pay him enough to keep him there.

That was last summer....things change.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:13 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
LeBron Stan wrote:
We need Kyrie.

KD is not coming here to be a second fiddle to LeBron.

No matter what you say that's what it's going to be in the media
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
2019 wrote:
LeBron Stan wrote:
We need Kyrie.

the optics would just be bad for KD...anyone else, not so much. He will never escape joining a 73 win team that just beat him with a large portion of NBA fans.....and joining Lebron on the LA Lakers would not do anything good for how he is perceived by many.

Honestly, I doubt Kawhi will consider LAL for similar reasons....he is trying to build a HOF type legacy in the prime of his career, and he will not want that lessened by the shadow that Lebron casts.

If Klay decided to leave GSW, I think LAL would be his #1 option. I think Lebron could possibly influence Kyrie to come to the Lakers....but the Lakers would likely have to take the calculated risk of making Kyrie their #1 priority. If it appears they are chasing Durant and Kawhi ahead of him, he will not consider the Lakers in my opinion.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Kawhi's brand is being irrelevant, so he's definitely going to the Clippers. Totally on brand.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Matt barnes is a laker fan

I've always liked matt barnes
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:29 pm    Post subject:

I once thought KD would not want to join the Warrioirs because he wanted to build his own legacy instead of joining someone else’s.
I once though PG13 would join the Lakers because we had a strong complementary young core and cap space for another star player, and he is a local guy.
I once thought LBJ would want to make a final run to the championship and he wouldn’t want to waste any of his remaining career.

At least you have insider’s information on how these players prioritise their desire, it is hard to predict using our own logics. Maybe LBJ is the cancer that keep them staying away, or maybe they are interested to play with this all-time great.

Also, after we sign a max free agent, if we could keep McGee and a Rondo and sign back Lopez, I would be more than satisfied.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:30 pm    Post subject:

In regards to Butler I get the feeling 76ers are going to prioritize Tobias Harris over him. Cheaper, younger and imo a better complement to Embid and Simmons while possibly allowing them to be able to financially afford Redick.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:32 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
2019 wrote:
LeBron Stan wrote:
We need Kyrie.

the optics would just be bad for KD...anyone else, not so much. He will never escape joining a 73 win team that just beat him with a large portion of NBA fans.....and joining Lebron on the LA Lakers would not do anything good for how he is perceived by many.

Honestly, I doubt Kawhi will consider LAL for similar reasons....he is trying to build a HOF type legacy in the prime of his career, and he will not want that lessened by the shadow that Lebron casts.

If Klay decided to leave GSW, I think LAL would be his #1 option. I think Lebron could possibly influence Kyrie to come to the Lakers....but the Lakers would likely have to take the calculated risk of making Kyrie their #1 priority. If it appears they are chasing Durant and Kawhi ahead of him, he will not consider the Lakers in my opinion.

90% of the warriors fans don't care for KD. Here warriors won championship before he came along and won 72 games.

Icing on the cake situation.

I also think KD is dying to be viewed as the best player in the NBA and he won't get that if he joins Lakers. He is trying to beat LeBron then join LeBron
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:39 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
In regards to Butler I get the feeling 76ers are going to prioritize Tobias Harris over him. Cheaper, younger and imo a better complement to Embid and Simmons while possibly allowing them to be able to financially afford Redick.

Why do they need to prioritise? I think 76ers want to bring both of them back next season. They didn’t give up their asset for a one year rental.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:59 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:

Why do they need to prioritise? I think 76ers want to bring both of them back next season. They didn’t give up their asset for a one year rental.

It feels like Elton Brand is playing 2K and trying to get the highest overall rating for his team. I'm sure the hope was to keep Butler long term, but he was causing problems as soon as he got there and I don't think anyone will be sad if/when he leaves. Can't imagine he's happy being the 3rd option and glue guy given his massive ego.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:04 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:

Yes they want to bring them both back but at what cost? Butler 30+mil? Tobias 20+mil? Redick 12mil? Simmons will be expecting a max payday after next season. Embid will run from 27-33 mil over the next 4 years.

Even if they don't resign Redick beyond next year you still would have 4 players making ~ $100 mil. Is my math wrong or salary expectations out of line?
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Matt barnes is a laker fan

I've always liked matt barnes

Just woke up. What did I miss? 🤣
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:20 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Butler's top 5 perimeter 2 way player. Not many can be as great as he is on both ends on a nightly basis. I would love him on our team, he's the kind of competitor you want in the playoffs especially.

You'd be hard pressed to find a bigger Butler fan than me. But I worry about his fit. Luke Walton is a laid back coach. Like Butler's coach he complained about in Chicago (after Thibs got fired). And roster dynamics might be bad too. He's not very patient with unproven young guys. He's meshing well with Simmons and Embiid. But our young core reminds me of Minnesota's young core moreso than PHI. We got young guys who don't know how to win.

I think he's better off in PHI.
But of course I'd take him if he wanted to sign here (and KD and Kawhi don't). He's too good of a player not to. I think he's a better overall player than Kyrie or Klay.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:41 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Butler's top 5 perimeter 2 way player. Not many can be as great as he is on both ends on a nightly basis. I would love him on our team, he's the kind of competitor you want in the playoffs especially.

You'd be hard pressed to find a bigger Butler fan than me. But I worry about his fit. Luke Walton is a laid back coach. Like Butler's coach he complained about in Chicago (after Thibs got fired). And roster dynamics might be bad too. He's not very patient with unproven young guys. He's meshing well with Simmons and Embiid. But our young core reminds me of Minnesota's young core moreso than PHI. We got young guys who don't know how to win.

I think he's better off in PHI.
But of course I'd take him if he wanted to sign here (and KD and Kawhi don't). He's too good of a player not to. I think he's a better overall player than Kyrie or Klay.

I think Klay's skillset is one that won't be diminished one bit by having a ball dominant player like Lebron. This is splitting hairs at this point though. I'd be happy with any of these guys.
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:48 pm    Post subject:

For me its

Plan A players:
KD > Kawhi. KD better shooter and closer also can play small ball center that we lack.

Plan B players:
Klay>Kyrie>Butler.

Klay best shooter
Kyrie best closer, injury problems and not a good defender.
Butler best defender, headcase
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:06 am    Post subject:

Totally random thought. How would folks feel about a Kuzma/1st for Draymond deal in the offseason?
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:07 am    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:

Yes they want to bring them both back but at what cost? Butler 30+mil? Tobias 20+mil? Redick 12mil? Simmons will be expecting a max payday after next season. Embid will run from 27-33 mil over the next 4 years.

Even if they don't resign Redick beyond next year you still would have 4 players making ~ $100 mil. Is my math wrong or salary expectations out of line?

I think the 76ers already anticipated to pay money when they made the move. Most teams are excited to see Golden States fall apart this summer and if Philly can keep this group, they would be one of the championship favourite when Embiid and Simmons continue to improve. I don’t think they will let go this opportunity. Like I said I don’t think their front office shipped out their asset for a one season rental. Redick will probably take a massive paycut to win a ring. At least, they resign these players first and look to trade them after 1-2 seasons.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:24 am    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Ralph Mason Jr making arguement that Jimmy Butler would be a good signing this summer, FWIW GT follows him...

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ralph_MasonJr/status/1097941683738537984

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ralph_MasonJr/status/1097945813840420864

woj reported back in sept this
Butler had once imagined playing for the Lakers, but LeBron James' arrival as the franchise's cornerstone made it less appealing for Butler in the prime of his career, league sources said.
he listed the clippers as a possible destination. kawhi + butler seems like a strong duo for the clippers next year

So playing second fiddle to LeBron is a no, but it'd be ok to be second fiddle to Kawhi? I love how since moving to ESPN Woj has the power to read players minds.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:45 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Totally random thought. How would folks feel about a Kuzma/1st for Draymond deal in the offseason?

The kind of deal that'd haunt us big time in less than two years.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:02 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:

Why?

No thanks
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:21 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:

You can't be serious.

This would be an awful trade for the Lakers.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:48 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:

Would be the worst trade ever. Youa re giving young prospect with lots of upside of player in declining who is also problematic. Absolutely terrible trade proposal.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:05 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
I once thought KD would not want to join the Warrioirs because he wanted to build his own legacy instead of joining someone else’s.
I once though PG13 would join the Lakers because we had a strong complementary young core and cap space for another star player, and he is a local guy.
I once thought LBJ would want to make a final run to the championship and he wouldn’t want to waste any of his remaining career.

At least you have insider’s information on how these players prioritise their desire, it is hard to predict using our own logics. Maybe LBJ is the cancer that keep them staying away, or maybe they are interested to play with this all-time great.

Also, after we sign a max free agent, if we could keep McGee and a Rondo and sign back Lopez, I would be more than satisfied.

Danny Green or Trevor Ariza would be nice additions too.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 886, 887, 888 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 887 of 8560
Jump to: