OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 964, 965, 966 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:33 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The Thomas experiment didn’t last long, and, really, it probably should have been even shorter. The Nuggets are a well-oiled machine that runs on a combination of chemistry, continuity, and young talent. They have a system that sets them up to be a premier offensive team. Thomas didn’t quite fit into that system: In the nine games he played, the Nuggets went 5-4, and he was minus-21 on the court. Denver’s net rating went from plus-5.4 to minus-5.6 when he played; offensively, they were 17 points per 100 possessions better without him. Thomas also took away minutes from Monte Morris, whose growth as a sophomore has helped keep the Nuggets afloat through injuries.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/3/13/18263930/isaiah-thomas-denver-nuggets-rotation
misterchipmunk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:36 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
The Thomas experiment didn’t last long, and, really, it probably should have been even shorter. The Nuggets are a well-oiled machine that runs on a combination of chemistry, continuity, and young talent. They have a system that sets them up to be a premier offensive team. Thomas didn’t quite fit into that system: In the nine games he played, the Nuggets went 5-4, and he was minus-21 on the court. Denver’s net rating went from plus-5.4 to minus-5.6 when he played; offensively, they were 17 points per 100 possessions better without him. Thomas also took away minutes from Monte Morris, whose growth as a sophomore has helped keep the Nuggets afloat through injuries.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/3/13/18263930/isaiah-thomas-denver-nuggets-rotation

So you're saying we should get IT?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:37 am    Post subject:

misterchipmunk wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

So you're saying we should get IT?

Um heck no.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:39 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Fake news!- Sentient Meat
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:39 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

It's very sad what's happened to his career though. Man, Celts screwed him over.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:27 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

It's very sad what's happened to his career though. Man, Celts screwed him over.

or they made the right decision and he made the wrong decision by playing injured?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:29 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

or they made the right decision and he made the wrong decision by playing injured?

Could be both. But a player also relies on his team's medical staff (and if they choose, their own medical team).
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:08 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Hey, I'll come out right now and say IT hasn't played well for Denver... trying to force his way to a better contract instead of worrying about the team.

Still waiting for you to admit you were wrong about Ingram without a bunch of hedging and rationalizing.
RealSkipBayless
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:18 am    Post subject:

Rockets receive: LeBron James, Moritz Wagner, Isaac Bonga
Lebron base salary + 25% trade kicker + other 2 would be around 45 mil

Lakers receive: Eric Gordon, Clint Capela, PJ Tucker, Nene, 2020 1st round pick, 2022 1st round pick, 2024 1st round pick.
salary here would add up to around 43 mil

Please and thank you.

Last edited by RealSkipBayless on Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:19 am    Post subject:

RealSkipBayless wrote:
Rockets receive: LeBron James, Moritz Wagner, Isaac Bonga
Lebron base salary + 25% trade kicker + other 2 would be around 45 mil

Lakers receive: Eric Gordon, Clint Capela, PJ Tucker, Nene, 2020 1st round pick, 2022, 1st round pick, 2024 1st round pick.
salary here would add up to around 43 mil

Please and thank you.

add ingram, kuzma and ball, 2019 1st, 2 additional 1st rd picks. maybe then it might happen
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:51 am    Post subject:

Why would the Lakers need to sweeten the pot?

Both teams get what they need. Houston the win now addition of James and some minimum contract bench players.

Lakers get solid hard working professionals to keep the development and roster chemistry option progressing. Also have cap to add additional marquee player or players that fits the new culture better.

Win win imo
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:53 am    Post subject:

Lebron's not being traded unless he requests it. Stop with the fantasy trades
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:00 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:

It's a coping mechanism for them.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:11 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Why would the Lakers need to sweeten the pot?

Both teams get what they need. Houston the win now addition of James and some minimum contract bench players.

Lakers get solid hard working professionals to keep the development and roster chemistry option progressing. Also have cap to add additional marquee player or players that fits the new culture better.

Win win imo

so you think Lebron's value is Capela and an expirer Gordan and some picks that are going to 26-30 range?

ok then
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:11 am    Post subject:

We have a dude averaging a 27 point triple double while coasting and folks are trying to trade him for Eric Gordon. He's the only good thing going for us at the moment, and chose us amidst our dysfunction.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:12 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

It's a coping mechanism for them.

yeah.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:13 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
We have a dude averaging a 27 point triple double while coasting and folks are trying to trade him for Eric Gordon. He's the only good thing going for us at the moment, and chose us amidst our dysfunction.

Seriously! We're only 1 more star away from being a top 5 team in the West. Looking at the teams in the top of the West only the Warriors have more than 2 stars. If we pair up Bron with one of the Killer K free agents or even Jimmy Butler we're right there with anyone other than GSW (assuming Klay/KD return). Fill in the rest of the team with 3-D and agile rebounding bigs.
Robster8989
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:22 am    Post subject:

I do think Butler at max is realistic/somewhat likely.
Not saying it'd be my preference, just that it fits the narrative for Magic of getting another max player. I think JB is the one who is obtainable for us.

So let's say we max JB.
What else would you all do to improve the team and build a championship competitor?
We'd have the following assets to use:
1. A lotto pick (currently #11)
2. About 5 ish mil in cap space
3. The Room Ex.
We could also maintain the rights of both McGee (1.6) and Bullock (4.75) in lieu of the cap space.
Anyway to do a S&T, using Bullock and our pick, to acquire a good player?
Mike suggested trading the pick for Luke Kennard, which works cap wise and gets us a shooter, though that may be a lot to give up for a somewhat one dimensional player like Kennard.
I'd love to somehow get Dedmon (or Brook) and Collison (or Beverley) with the cap apace and room, just doesn't seem likely as I believe those players will command more $.
Then use the pick on another good young asset. Either a wing who can shoot like Langford/Okpala/Alexander or a 5 who can shoot like Porter, and I wouldn't pass on Fernando if he was on the board.
Lonzo/Collison
Butler/Hart
Ingram/LBJ
LBJ/Kuz
McGee/Dedmon
With Bonga/Mo/Pick to develop

Like to hear others take on what we could do IF we did max Butler.

West Point '88
UCLA '92
75th Ranger Regiment '88-'04
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:23 am    Post subject:

^ I think Jimmy/Kemba is our likely FA. Both good players who aren't optimal but still really great players.

With the cap I look for a center who can shoot/protect rim (Dedmon).

Room exception I look for a backup PG (if we get Butler) or (long tall 3/D defender if we get Kemba).

Draft pick I go BPA.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:25 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
^ I think Jimmy/Kemba is our likely FA. Both good players who aren't optimal but still really great players.

Room exception I look for a backup PG (if we get Butler) or (long tall 3/D defender if we get Kemba).

Draft pick I go BPA.

Kemba it is for me
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

Robster8989 wrote:
Not saying it'd be my preference, just that it fits the narrative for Magic of getting another max player. I think JB is the one who is obtainable for us.

So let's say we max JB.
What else would you all do to improve the team and build a championship competitor?
3. The Room Ex.
We could also maintain the rights of both McGee (1.6) and Bullock (4.75) in lieu of the cap space.
Mike suggested trading the pick for Luke Kennard, which works cap wise and gets us a shooter, though that may be a lot to give up for a somewhat one dimensional player like Kennard.
I'd love to somehow get Dedmon (or Brook) and Collison (or Beverley) with the cap apace and room, just doesn't seem likely as I believe those players will command more $.
Then use the pick on another good young asset. Either a wing who can shoot like Langford/Okpala/Alexander or a 5 who can shoot like Porter, and I wouldn't pass on Fernando if he was on the board.
Lonzo/Collison
Butler/Hart
Ingram/LBJ
LBJ/Kuz
McGee/Dedmon

That's a great team. I'd also try to bring back Bullock if possible. Darren Collison is the perfect backup guard for this team especially if Zo goes down again. Dedmon/McGee front court gives us options and versatility. I think with that roster we would be 2nd seed if we have good health.

I love Butler's game and I think he would be a great partner for Bron because he is always giving it his all and plays with a tenacity missing from this team. Elite 2 way guy only 29 years old.

Last edited by The Juggernaut on Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Draft pick I go BPA.

Kemba it is for me

I would be very happy with him too. Also 1.5 years younger than Jimmy but obviously not a 2 way player on defense.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:28 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Draft pick I go BPA.

Kemba it is for me

I would be very happy with him too. Also 1.5 years younger than Jimmy but obviously not a 2 way player on defense.

Jimmy played for Thibs. dont want any player who played for Thibs after seeing what happened to Deng/Noah
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:32 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Robster8989 wrote:

So let's say we max JB.
3. The Room Ex.
Lonzo/Collison
Butler/Hart
Ingram/LBJ
LBJ/Kuz
McGee/Dedmon

That's a great team. I'd also try to bring back Bullock if possible. Darren Collison is the perfect backup guard for this team especially if Zo goes down again. Dedmon/McGee front court gives us options and versatility. I think with that roster we would be 2nd seed if we have good health.

I love Butler's game and I think he would be a great partner for Bron because he is always giving it his all and plays with a tenacity missing from this team. Elite 2 way guy only 29 years old.

butler missing an all star nod will get him fired up.

Plus, I think he's a motivated enough S.O.B. to join the crazy Lakers/LBJ circus so he can get credit for helping the lottery bound LBJ/Lakers.

He's a really good player and people forget that b/c he has been a bit of a headache off the court.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:34 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Robster8989 wrote:

So let's say we max JB.
3. The Room Ex.
Lonzo/Collison
Butler/Hart
Ingram/LBJ
LBJ/Kuz
McGee/Dedmon

butler missing an all star nod will get him fired up.

Plus, I think he's a motivated enough S.O.B. to join the crazy Lakers/LBJ circus so he can get credit for helping the lottery bound LBJ/Lakers.

He's a really good player and people forget that b/c he has been a bit of a headache off the court.

Yup. He's an ornery personality similar to Rondo (which is why they got along in Chi) , but he's a top 10 2-way player in the league. He can be the Pippen to Lebron's MJ (Michael & Magic). Only person I see having difficulty meshing with Butler might be Ingram but with the right coach it can be worked out.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 964, 965, 966 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 965 of 8560
Jump to: