OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 970, 971, 972 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:25 pm    Post subject:

Embiid wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Embiid wrote:
you think you'll sign a player who specifically mentioned he didnt want to play with Lebron when he handed in a trade request?

Stop trolling.

Lakers have the max to sign him.

lmao and we have his bird rights.

Hopefully you will prioritize Harris over him.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:46 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Embiid wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Embiid wrote:
you think you'll sign a player who specifically mentioned he didnt want to play with Lebron when he handed in a trade request?

Stop trolling.

They also have to find a way to bring back Reddick.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:55 pm    Post subject:

If no Max fa comes. I would like to absorb Kent bazemore and prince in our capspace.

Then use space to sign Alex len and Pat bev
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:12 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
If no Max fa comes. I would like to absorb Kent bazemore and prince in our capspace.

Then use space to sign Alex len and Pat bev

What about absorbing Jeremy Lamb and Malik Monk? You think that would be a good idea 2?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:17 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Embiid wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Embiid wrote:

Stop trolling.

I think he ends up a Net or Knick.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:20 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Embiid wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Embiid wrote:

Stop trolling.

I think he ends up a Net or Knick.

If he ends up being a Knick, that means Something went wrong with there FA plans unless JJ wants to take a significant paycut to play with Durant and Irving, and I could actually see that.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Let's talk Allen Crabbe ...

Crabbe and a future first
for
A future second

Why for Brooklyn? By dumping Crabbe's 18.5 million, Brooklyn creates: (a) 39 million in space if they keep Russell or (b) 60 million in space if they renounce Russell or (c) 68 million in space if they renounce Russell and Hollis-Jefferson. That means if two stars, let's say Durant and Irving, want to team up on a good team in the East, one that is actually well run, unlike the Knicks, they could do that in Brooklyn.

Why for the Lakers? Because the Lakers may be stuck with the choice of signing Butler or Cousins to 30 million dollar maxes (2 players they really don't need), signing a shooter (which they really need) like Bogdanovic for over 20 million for multiple years, or trading for the same caliber of shooter in Crabbe for an 18.5 million dollar expiring deal. Crabbe is a much better defender than Bogs as well. In addition, by trading for Crabbe, if they spend the remaining 20 million on one year deals for Bullock (8 mill) and Dedmon (12 mill), they can keep space open in 2020 to sign Anthony Davis. Essentially, by helping Brooklyn open up space to potentially sign two maxes, the Lakers could block the Knicks from acquiring Davis with their probable high pick, leaving the Clippers as the only real threat to trade for him. By the Lakers keeping the space alive, the Clippers (and other potential suitors) will be apprehensive in giving up too much.

Before someone says, "NO MORE PUNTING!", understand that this is much more than punting. This is creating the best possible team around James, Ingram, and Ball that just so happens to keep capspace alive for 2020. This plan is driven by creating the best team. The potenting to sign Davis in 2020 is but a mere cherry on top of the sundae.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:34 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:

for
A future second

Why for Brooklyn? By dumping Crabbe's 18.5 million, Brooklyn creates: (a) 39 million in space if they keep Russell or (b) 60 million in space if they renounce Russell or (c) 68 million in space if they renounce Russell and Hollis-Jefferson. That means if two stars, let's say Durant and Irving, want to team up on a good team in the East, one that is actually well run, unlike the Knicks, they could do that in Brooklyn.

Why for the Lakers? Because the Lakers may be stuck with the choice of signing Butler or Cousins to 30 million dollar maxes (2 players they really don't need), signing a shooter (which they really need) like Bogdanovic for over 20 million for multiple years, or trading for the same caliber of shooter in Crabbe for an 18.5 million dollar expiring deal. Crabbe is a much better defender than Bogs as well. In addition, by trading for Crabbe, if they spend the remaining 20 million on one year deals for Bullock (8 mill) and Dedmon (12 mill), they can keep space open in 2020 to sign Anthony Davis. Essentially, by helping Brooklyn open up space to potentially sign two maxes, the Lakers could block the Knicks from acquiring Davis with their probable high pick, leaving the Clippers as the only real threat to trade for him. By the Lakers keeping the space alive, the Clippers (and other potential suitors) will be apprehensive in giving up too much.

Before someone says, "NO MORE PUNTING!", understand that this is much more than punting. This is creating the best possible team around James, Ingram, and Ball that just so happens to keep capspace alive for 2020. This plan is driven by creating the best team. The potenting to sign Davis in 2020 is but a mere cherry on top of the sundae.

Allen Crabbes (18M) actually fits in our cap space so we can just absorb him, if I’m not mistaken.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:38 pm    Post subject:

Vucevic - 27/20/3/3

Dang
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:39 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Vucevic - 27/20/3/3

Dang

Imagine had we traded for him during the trade deadline, we probably be in the 8th or 7th spot right now.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:29 pm    Post subject:

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nba/charlotte-hornets/article227614894.html

Kemba Walker’s future with CHA in doubt after lose to Miami according Rick Bonnell.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:04 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:

Those are four words I never would have expected to read on this board.
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:13 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nba/charlotte-hornets/article227614894.html

Kemba Walker’s future with CHA in doubt after lose to Miami according Rick Bonnell.

Not sure if Hornets wanna keep him. Hes having a great season but they still miss playoffs. They may do it like Clippers tho, resign him then trade him in 6 months. If we can lowball him to 25 mil per year then it would be great.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

for
A future second

Allen Crabbes (18M) actually fits in our cap space so we can just absorb him, if I’m not mistaken.

we would still need to match salary in such a trade
and Crabbe isnt that good at all
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Embiid wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Embiid wrote:

Stop trolling.

rofl jokes on the 76ers if they lock up Butler on a 5 year Max. Please do that!
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Vucevic - $24 mil
Bogdanovic - $12 mil
Bullock - $2.5 mil
1st round - Jontay Porter
Room - Ariza
Minimum - TJ McConnel

Vucevic-Porter
LeBron-Kuzma-Wagner
Ingram-Ariza
Bogdanovic-Bullock-Hart
Lonzo-McConnel

I say that team makes 4th place next season
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:49 pm    Post subject:

KBandKB wrote:
Vucevic - $24 mil
Bogdanovic - $12 mil
Bullock - $2.5 mil
1st round - Jontay Porter
Room - Ariza
Minimum - TJ McConnel

Vucevic-Porter
LeBron-Kuzma-Wagner
Ingram-Ariza
Bogdanovic-Bullock-Hart
Lonzo-McConnel

I say that team makes 4th place next season

Very good thought
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:11 pm    Post subject:

Palin wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Not sure if Hornets wanna keep him. Hes having a great season but they still miss playoffs. They may do it like Clippers tho, resign him then trade him in 6 months. If we can lowball him to 25 mil per year then it would be great.

GT said on the Podcast that if we don’t get KD or Kawhi, Kemba or Kyrie would be great. Especially in the PNR with Lebron. After hearing that, I’m interested in seeing what Kemba could do.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:26 am    Post subject:

Thinking on those Plan B/C type of moves, let's say Portland has another first round exit and decides to reboot on their expensive team. They're likely not trading Dame, but I think a guy like C.J McCollum could be had for Kuzma + cap relief.

If my numbers are right (I'm not sure they are) trading C.J for Kuzma straight up would leave us with 92 million salary with LeBron/Lonzo/CJ/Ingram/Mo/Bonga/Hart.

CJ is a guy who can shoot the hell out of the ball and can defend PGs if Lonzo goes down.

We'd still have 18 million to fill out the roster. Maybe that's just enough to seduce Vucevic if it's a long deal?

Vucevic/Williams
LeBron/Mo
Ingram/Hart
CJ/???
Lonzo/???

Or we use that 18 million to find better guys for the bench and have a deep team. If Ingram maintains his play, I like the outlook of that team.
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:10 am    Post subject:

AirKobe8 wrote:
Thinking on those Plan B/C type of moves, let's say Portland has another first round exit and decides to reboot on their expensive team. They're likely not trading Dame, but I think a guy like C.J McCollum could be had for Kuzma + cap relief.

If my numbers are right (I'm not sure they are) trading C.J for Kuzma straight up would leave us with 92 million salary with LeBron/Lonzo/CJ/Ingram/Mo/Bonga/Hart.

CJ is a guy who can shoot the hell out of the ball and can defend PGs if Lonzo goes down.

We'd still have 18 million to fill out the roster. Maybe that's just enough to seduce Vucevic if it's a long deal?

Vucevic/Williams
LeBron/Mo
Ingram/Hart
CJ/???
Lonzo/???

Or we use that 18 million to find better guys for the bench and have a deep team. If Ingram maintains his play, I like the outlook of that team.

Dont think they would trade him just for Kuzma, Kuzma and 2019 first round they may listen and probably want Hart too.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:54 am    Post subject:

Palin wrote:
AirKobe8 wrote:

Vucevic/Williams
LeBron/Mo
Ingram/Hart
CJ/???
Lonzo/???

Dont think they would trade him just for Kuzma, Kuzma and 2019 first round they may listen and probably want Hart too.

Yeah I'm not sure they'd go for it either. But assuming a new first round out, they'd have a very expensive roster that can't really get to the next level. CJ had a bit of a down season, and Kuzma not only balances their roster better but also substitutes CJ's scoring and creates major financial relief.
AQuestSupreme
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:05 am    Post subject:

RealSkipBayless wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Embiid wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Rek wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Embiid wrote:

Stop trolling.

Who is trolling? Butler forced a trade out of Minnie on the eve of training camp specifically so that he could land with a team that maintains his rights and resigns him to a 5 year max. If he signs with any other team aside from Philly, then his efforts were all for nothing and his guaranteed money will be at least 49 million lighter. I have no idea why certain Lakers fans choose to ignore this.

If Butler was guaranteed to re-sign with Philly then there would already be reports... in fact the only sense we have been getting is that it’s unlikely Sixers are gonna bring him back.

Nope there hasn't. Reports of what? Hes said multiple said he sees his future at Sixers.

Okay if he said it then enjoy him, there is still a very good list of FAs the Lakers can sign.

The list of free agents willing to play with Lebron James is very small. Only guys that Lebron attracts are veteran bigs and spot up shooters.

I think a lot of fans are misunderstanding how undesirable playing with Lebron is for a lot of top guys.

Durant wasn't talking for himself, and he made that clear.

Stars don't want to be overshadowed to the extent that Lebron's megastardom will. It'd be different if playing with him was a guaranteed championship, but it's not, nor has it ever been a guarantee. Even with decks stacked, and him being younger, they weren't a guarantee. I'm not saying NO ONE wants to play with Lebron, but the guys who're going to come be MAJOR difference makers are probably not coming.

AD can't even win with the talent he has, and he has some good players on his team. He's a great individual talent, but nothing suggests he's a winner.

For guys wanting guys like Butler and Kemba, you realize Lebron is on the brink of becoming a lesser than, and this superstar will inherit the Lakers franchise. You want the keys to be handed over to Butler and Kemba?

Besides, if you guys think Lebron is a locker room cancer, Jimmy Butler is stage 4 cancer.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:46 am    Post subject:

Durant's comments about playing with Lebron are odd. He acts as if the GSW dont have a media circus following them. Of course he knows it because it's the main thing he complains about as far as the business of basketball goes.

Wade and Bosh certainly enjoyed playing with Lebron. Kyrie has a ring because of it and I think regrets his break up with him, but perhaps not getting out of Cleveland.
jg77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:49 am    Post subject:

It's so obvious that the best move would be to trade LeBron.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:54 am    Post subject:

At think at worst, we get Kyrie or Kemba which is still a good get. Keep Butler FAR AWAY. Although I like his game, his antics I think could potentially outweigh what he brings to the table.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 970, 971, 972 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 971 of 8560
Jump to: