OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 971, 972, 973 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:56 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Durant's comments about playing with Lebron are odd. He acts as if the GSW dont have a media circus following them. Of course he knows it because it's the main thing he complains about as far as the business of basketball goes.

Wade and Bosh certainly enjoyed playing with Lebron. Kyrie has a ring because of it and I think regrets his break up with him, but perhaps not getting out of Cleveland.

Right, but this is 2019.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:36 am    Post subject:

AQuestSupreme wrote:
For guys wanting guys like Butler and Kemba, you realize Lebron is on the brink of becoming a lesser than, and this superstar will inherit the Lakers franchise. You want the keys to be handed over to Butler and Kemba?

I agree with that sentiment, except that Butler and Walker are most definitely not "superstars." Neither of them are top 10 players in the league. There's an argument that Butler is top 20. If giving a max contract to someone like that is why we just wasted a season, then this strategy is a failure. What would you say about a front office that threw away Russell, Randle, and Nance to preserve the cap space to sign Kemba Freaking Walker?
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:44 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
AQuestSupreme wrote:
For guys wanting guys like Butler and Kemba, you realize Lebron is on the brink of becoming a lesser than, and this superstar will inherit the Lakers franchise. You want the keys to be handed over to Butler and Kemba?

I agree with that sentiment, except that Butler and Walker are most definitely not "superstars." Neither of them are top 10 players in the league. There's an argument that Butler is top 20. If giving a max contract to someone like that is why we just wasted a season, then this strategy is a failure. What would you say about a front office that threw away Russell, Randle, and Nance to preserve the cap space to sign Kemba Freaking Walker?

You should preface this by IMO...because ESPN, CBS experts disagree with you and have Butler top 15. So IMO signing Butler in the off season would be a huge upgrade...is he worth Randle and DLO? It's close, it depends who else they get to fill out the roster.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:54 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
AQuestSupreme wrote:

You should preface this by IMO...because ESPN, CBS experts disagree with you and have Butler top 15. So IMO signing Butler in the off season would be a huge upgrade...is he worth Randle and DLO? It's close, it depends who else they get to fill out the roster.
Butler is just not a good fit with Lebron, due to his mediocre three point shooting.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:00 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
AQuestSupreme wrote:

Butler is just not a good fit with Lebron, due to his mediocre three point shooting.

His defense, mid range game, and ability to score is a huge upgrade.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:05 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
scoobs wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
AQuestSupreme wrote:

mid range game
Come on man, what have we learned about mid range shooting vs. three point shooting this season? You need three point shooting in today's NBA. We cant be exchanging twos for threes any more. Lakers management realized that this didn't work and tried to ad some three point shooters at the dead line to address this, right?
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:13 am    Post subject:

Mid range is dead. From a stylistic point of view, I always loved mid range centered players, like Kobe himself.

But it is a fact that in today's game you need that 3 point firepower, you can't fight it anymore.

It is not a coincidence that after LeBron went down we had the 7th best defense in the league but still couldn't win games. We couldn't score!

It is also not a coincidence that:
- 10 out of 15 3pm leading teams are playoff teams
- Only 3 of the bottom 10 3pm teams are playoff teams
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:14 am    Post subject:

If Jimmy was on this team:

-7th on team in 3PA a game
-4th in 3% (and Caruso is #1, and Lance/Rondo somehow #2 and 3. Rondo only played 36 games this year).
-2nd leading scorer
-4th in assists.

Probably would be our best defender overall too.

I get that Jimmy isn't a perfect fit, and giving up what we did to preserve that cap space and ending up with Jimmy is a lackluster conclusion, but he's still a 2 way player who is at worst near-league average from 3.

Our 3 point shooting woes are from our #2 picks (Lonzo and BI) who I hope will continue improving from 3.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:21 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
King Randle wrote:
scoobs wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
AQuestSupreme wrote:

mid range game
Come on man, what have we learned about mid range shooting vs. three point shooting this season? You need three point shooting in today's NBA. We cant be exchanging twos for threes any more. Lakers management realized that this didn't work and tried to ad some three point shooters at the dead line to address this, right?

Really? Did you see how effective BI was prior to his injuries. It's not all 3-point shooting. Get Butler and then add additional 3-point shooting. Don't be so closed minded. There are other aspects you need to win. Defense you can argue on this team is just as important. D-Wade was never known as a 3-point shooter and that tandem worked pretty well.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:22 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

-4th in 3% (and Caruso is #1, and Lance/Rondo somehow #2 and 3. Rondo only played 36 games this year).
-2nd leading scorer
-4th in assists.

I get that Jimmy isn't a perfect fit, and giving up what we did to preserve that cap space and ending up with Jimmy is a lackluster conclusion, but he's still a 2 way player who is at worst near-league average from 3.

Our 3 point shooting woes are from our #2 picks (Lonzo and BI) who I hope will continue improving from 3.

Someone who gets it.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:23 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

-2nd leading scorer
-4th in assists.

Someone who gets it.

I do believe we need more 3 point shooting though. Jimmy's age (30 in September) worries me for a 4 year deal, as well as his locker room's antics.
Not my first or even 7th choice, but I'm not going to say he's a bad player either. Maybe not the ideal fit, but I do think it'll come down to Kemba/Jimmy/Boogie. I'm ok with the first two and a def no for Boogie.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:27 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

-2nd leading scorer
-4th in assists.

Someone who gets it.

I do believe we need more 3 point shooting though. Jimmy's age (30 in September) worries me for a 4 year deal, as well as his locker room's antics.
Not my first or even 7th choice, but I'm not going to say he's a bad player either. Maybe not the ideal fit, but I do think it'll come down to Kemba/Jimmy/Boogie. I'm ok with the first two and a def no for Boogie.

Let’s hope instead of Cousins, Vucevic is our absolute last resort if nothing happens in FA, I can live with signing Vucevic and surrounding the team with 3pt shooters.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:34 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

-2nd leading scorer
-4th in assists.

Someone who gets it.

Let’s hope instead of Cousins, Vucevic is our absolute last resort if nothing happens in FA, I can live with signing Vucevic and surrounding the team with 3pt shooters.

Vuc is nice offensively, but if you want a LBJ/Kuz/Vuc frontcourt, you're just asking to be destroyed defensively.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:37 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

-2nd leading scorer
-4th in assists.

Someone who gets it.

Vuc is nice offensively, but if you want a LBJ/Kuz/Vuc frontcourt, you're just asking to be destroyed defensively.

We can sign stopgap bigs like Robin Lopez/Taj Gibson to help our defensive woes.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:41 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

-2nd leading scorer
-4th in assists.

Someone who gets it.

Absolutely...Need 3-point shooting. A good off season for me would be Butler, Deandre Jordan (along with McGee) to protect the paint....then 3-point shooting galore. I.e. Ross, Collison, Satoransky, Beverly etc.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:58 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

-2nd leading scorer
-4th in assists.

if we sign butler, please trade for beal. he provides the shooting.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:58 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

-2nd leading scorer
-4th in assists.

Someone who gets it.

Absolutely...Need 3-point shooting. A good off season for me would be Butler, Deandre Jordan (along with McGee) to protect the paint....then 3-point shooting galore. I.e. Ross, Collison, Satoransky, Beverly etc.

Assuming you sign Butler (max), DJ to the remainder of the cap (and he's willing to play for $6MM per), where are you getting the money to sign "shooters galore"? You're not. No where close to being able to get Beverly and Ross and Collison, etc.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:00 am    Post subject:

one thing that concerns me about Vucevic is the massive spike in his advanced numbers this year....a contract year.

-- his VORP this season is 4.9.....his highest before this year was 2.0...his career is 1.7

-- his BPM this season is 6.8.....his highest before this year was 2.7...his career is 1.6

-- his PER this season is 25.9.....his highest before this year was 21.5...his career is 20.3

those jumps have to be near historic level jumps for a player in his 8th season.....not sure they are maintainable
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:02 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

-2nd leading scorer
-4th in assists.

Someone who gets it.

Assuming you sign Butler (max), DJ to the remainder of the cap (and he's willing to play for $6MM per), where are you getting the money to sign "shooters galore"? You're not. No where close to being able to get Beverly and Ross and Collison, etc.

I think it's possible ...so we shall see. Maybe go with Dedmon instead of DJ.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:05 am    Post subject:

why do we prefer to go with Butler over Bogdanvic from Indy?
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:06 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

-2nd leading scorer
-4th in assists.

Someone who gets it.

Jimmy Butler is actually one of my favorite players in the NBA. Im' not saying that he is any where near the caliber of the following players, but he just reminds me of old school players such as Pippen, Jordan, Kobe, etc. To me that is the epitome of a great NBA wing player...in yesterdays NBA though... For this team, with Lebron on it, in today's NBA...Butler would not be a good fit.. Now, if you are looking to trade Lebron and replace him with Jimmy then it is a different story, but I think that is an un likely scenario..so I wouldn't waste my time thinking about Jimmy in a Laker uniform.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:07 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

-2nd leading scorer
-4th in assists.

Someone who gets it.

Jimmy Butler is actually one of my favorite players in the NBA. Im' not saying that he is any where near the caliber of the following players, but he just reminds me of old school players such as Pippen, Jordan, Kobe, etc. To me that is the epitome of a great NBA wing player...in yesterdays NBA though... For this team, with Lebron on it, in today's NBA...Butler would not be a good fit.. Now, if you are looking to trade Lebron and replace him with Jimmy then it is a different story, but I think that is an un likely scenario..so I wouldn't waste my time thinking about Jimmy in a Laker uniform.

I don't think he's happy on Philly, even though they're winning, which is interesting.

Will LBJ give up his #1 spot on the team? Nope. Will Jimmy be ok with that? Not sure.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:08 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:

Bog would be nice...I just prefer Butler's all around game and toughness.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:10 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
scoobs wrote:
King Randle wrote:
scoobs wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
AQuestSupreme wrote:

mid range game

Really? Did you see how effective BI was prior to his injuries. It's not all 3-point shooting. Get Butler and then add additional 3-point shooting. Don't be so closed minded. There are other aspects you need to win. Defense you can argue on this team is just as important. D-Wade was never known as a 3-point shooter and that tandem worked pretty well.
You had me at BI. Sure, he put up good numbers on an awful team. His game is ugly along side Lebron tbh. BI himself, needs to significantly improve his three point shooting and free throw shooting or he needs to be on a team where he could be utilized like Lebron or Giannis and surround him with three point shooters. BI with Lebron together is just not an ideal fit and the same would go for Jimmy imo.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:12 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:

B/c can you honestly see Magic doing Bog over Butler if it came down to these two?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 971, 972, 973 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 972 of 8560
Jump to: