OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 972, 973, 974 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:13 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
scoobs wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
If Jimmy was on this team:

-7th on team in 3PA a game
-4th in 3% (and Caruso is #1, and Lance/Rondo somehow #2 and 3. Rondo only played 36 games this year).
-2nd leading scorer
-4th in assists.

Probably would be our best defender overall too.

I get that Jimmy isn't a perfect fit, and giving up what we did to preserve that cap space and ending up with Jimmy is a lackluster conclusion, but he's still a 2 way player who is at worst near-league average from 3.

Our 3 point shooting woes are from our #2 picks (Lonzo and BI) who I hope will continue improving from 3.

Someone who gets it.

I do believe we need more 3 point shooting though. Jimmy's age (30 in September) worries me for a 4 year deal, as well as his locker room's antics.
Not my first or even 7th choice, but I'm not going to say he's a bad player either. Maybe not the ideal fit, but I do think it'll come down to Kemba/Jimmy/Boogie. I'm ok with the first two and a def no for Boogie.
Jimmy Butler is actually one of my favorite players in the NBA. Im' not saying that he is any where near the caliber of the following players, but he just reminds me of old school players such as Pippen, Jordan, Kobe, etc. To me that is the epitome of a great NBA wing player...in yesterdays NBA though... For this team, with Lebron on it, in today's NBA...Butler would not be a good fit.. Now, if you are looking to trade Lebron and replace him with Jimmy then it is a different story, but I think that is an un likely scenario..so I wouldn't waste my time thinking about Jimmy in a Laker uniform.

I don't think he's happy on Philly, even though they're winning, which is interesting.

Will LBJ give up his #1 spot on the team? Nope. Will Jimmy be ok with that? Not sure.

I think LBJ may have been humbled this year and would be ok with sharing the spotlight. IMO. When he was with Kyrie in Cleveland I thought he shared offensive duties pretty well.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:14 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I think LBJ may have been humbled this year and would be ok with sharing the spotlight.

I'm really not sure about this at all.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:14 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
King Randle wrote:
scoobs wrote:
King Randle wrote:
scoobs wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
AQuestSupreme wrote:
For guys wanting guys like Butler and Kemba, you realize Lebron is on the brink of becoming a lesser than, and this superstar will inherit the Lakers franchise. You want the keys to be handed over to Butler and Kemba?

I agree with that sentiment, except that Butler and Walker are most definitely not "superstars." Neither of them are top 10 players in the league. There's an argument that Butler is top 20. If giving a max contract to someone like that is why we just wasted a season, then this strategy is a failure. What would you say about a front office that threw away Russell, Randle, and Nance to preserve the cap space to sign Kemba Freaking Walker?

You should preface this by IMO...because ESPN, CBS experts disagree with you and have Butler top 15. So IMO signing Butler in the off season would be a huge upgrade...is he worth Randle and DLO? It's close, it depends who else they get to fill out the roster.
Butler is just not a good fit with Lebron, due to his mediocre three point shooting.

mid range game
Come on man, what have we learned about mid range shooting vs. three point shooting this season? You need three point shooting in today's NBA. We cant be exchanging twos for threes any more. Lakers management realized that this didn't work and tried to ad some three point shooters at the dead line to address this, right?

Really? Did you see how effective BI was prior to his injuries. It's not all 3-point shooting. Get Butler and then add additional 3-point shooting. Don't be so closed minded. There are other aspects you need to win. Defense you can argue on this team is just as important. D-Wade was never known as a 3-point shooter and that tandem worked pretty well.
You had me at BI. Sure, he put up good numbers on an awful team. His game is ugly along side Lebron tbh. BI himself, needs to significantly improve his three point shooting and free throw shooting or he needs to be on a team where he could be utilized like Lebron or Giannis and surround him with three point shooters. BI with Lebron together is just not an ideal fit and the same would go for Jimmy imo.

Fair enough. Lets's see how it plays out.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:15 am    Post subject:

great output for the lakers:
Kemba doesnt make the playoffs
Kyrie gets bounced in 1st rd
Butler gets bounced in 1st rd

nets upset Raptors in 1st round
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:18 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
When he was with Kyrie in Cleveland I thought he shared offensive duties pretty well.

Kyrie disagreed
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:22 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
great output for the lakers:
Kemba doesnt make the playoffs
Kyrie gets bounced in 1st rd
Butler gets bounced in 1st rd

nets upset Raptors in 1st round

It does seem beneficial if Kawhi gets bounced early, he might think teaming up with LeBron a proven star commodity might be his only chance to win again, good observation.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:22 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
King Randle wrote:
When he was with Kyrie in Cleveland I thought he shared offensive duties pretty well.

Kyrie disagreed

Two things...LBJ wouldn't commit to Cleveland so why should Kyrie stay there?...and Kyrie wanted to "be the man." I said and thought LBJ did a good job of sharing not giving up his role. No sharing for Kyrie...very Kobe like. Not a bad thing...but be careful what you wish for...Kobe delivered..not sure Kyrie can.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:25 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
King Randle wrote:

Kyrie disagreed

kyrie wanted his own team and not share at all with anybody?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:27 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
adkindo wrote:
King Randle wrote:

Kyrie disagreed

Two things...LBJ wouldn't commit to Cleveland so why should Kyrie stay there?...and Kyrie wanted to "be the man." I said and thought LBJ did a good job of sharing not giving up his role. No sharing for Kyrie...very Kobe like. Not a bad thing...but be careful what you wish for...Kobe delivered..not sure Kyrie can.
He will once he dons the Purple & Gold.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:42 am    Post subject:

Per KOC...

Jazz and Grizzles expected to resume Conley trade talks in June

I wonder if any draft picks will be involved..
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:51 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
adkindo wrote:
King Randle wrote:

Kyrie disagreed

I think there is a near zero chance a team with Kyrie being the clear best player can win a championship.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:35 am    Post subject:

in a worst case scenario of us not being able to sign an elite FA I'd rather go with Vucevik over Butler. And theres hope we can get him at less than max which we can use remaining cap space on more depth. Draft Hunter with our Lotto pick and we can roll with:

Ball
Hunter
BI
Lebron
Vuc

Kuzma 6th man
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:41 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
I think LBJ may have been humbled this year and would be ok with sharing the spotlight.

I'm really not sure about this at all.

Guy who calls himself the GOAT and blames others for team failures is not going to be humbled by this season
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:44 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
in a worst case scenario of us not being able to sign an elite FA I'd rather go with Vucevik over Butler. And theres hope we can get him at less than max which we can use remaining cap space on more depth. Draft Hunter with our Lotto pick and we can roll with:

Ball
Hunter
BI
Lebron
Vuc

Kuzma 6th man

That LBJ/Vuc backline defense...
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

Only chance we have at getting Kawhi is if LeBron tells him you are the man if you come here and I will defer to you... I think LeBron might do it cause he’s gonna be 35 and he knows there is a chance that injuries will occur considering his age.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

King Randle wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
AQuestSupreme wrote:
For guys wanting guys like Butler and Kemba, you realize Lebron is on the brink of becoming a lesser than, and this superstar will inherit the Lakers franchise. You want the keys to be handed over to Butler and Kemba?

I agree with that sentiment, except that Butler and Walker are most definitely not "superstars." Neither of them are top 10 players in the league. There's an argument that Butler is top 20. If giving a max contract to someone like that is why we just wasted a season, then this strategy is a failure. What would you say about a front office that threw away Russell, Randle, and Nance to preserve the cap space to sign Kemba Freaking Walker?

You should preface this by IMO...because ESPN, CBS experts disagree with you and have Butler top 15. So IMO signing Butler in the off season would be a huge upgrade...is he worth Randle and DLO? It's close, it depends who else they get to fill out the roster.

First of all, if you haven’t figured out that people are stating their opinions on this board, you probably should stay away from sports message boards just in general. Second, I said that there is an argument that Butler is top 20, so what you are saying is not inconsistent with my post. I would consider giving Butler max contract to be a failure, but that’s primarily because of his attitude, not the quality of his play.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:01 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Only chance we have at getting Kawhi is if LeBron tells him you are the man if you come here and I will defer to you... I think LeBron might do it cause he’s gonna be 35 and he knows there is a chance that injuries will occur considering his age.
That could be the case. Another thing is the fact that they play the same position. Does Lebron agree commit to being the full time power forward? If im the Lakers and i'm trying to get Kahwii, i'm not going to ask him to move to shooting guard. He might be too slow for shooting guard anyway. So for it to work, Lebron would have to move to the 4 imo.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:03 am    Post subject:

A lot of un certainty right now. Like, where the Lakers will draft. Waiting for lottery night. Then we could come up with some good scenarios.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:06 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

Ball
Hunter
BI
Lebron
Vuc

Kuzma 6th man

Yeah that defense would be atrocious.

I think our goals from here on should be to lose as many games as possible in order to improve our odds at Zion and/or just improving our pick to later trade or take someone else.

From there, get everyone as healthy/rested as possible..

When it comes to FA, if we can't sign one of the top 4 guys, I'd personally rather spread the $36MM around. I can see the intrigue in signing either Butler or Kemba, and both would help us an give Magic some room to gloat about singing an Allstar, but basketball wise, I'd rather see 3/4 really good guys versus one semi-all star. It's a huge mistake in comparison to giving up DLO/Randle/JC/Nance for the cap space to only sign high level role players, but at some point you have to pivot and try to be a team, not just star hunt. So in the event that we cannot get a top 4 guy: Guess I'd ideally love to split the $36MM + exception between: DeAndre Jordan, Danny Green, Patrick Beverly, Dwayne Dedmon.

Jordan (26) | Dedmon (22)
LeBron (18) | Kuzma (30)
Ingram (32) | Lebron (12) | D Green (4)
D Green (20) | Hart (20) | Beverly (8)
Lonzo (32) | Beverly (16)

+ Wagner, Lotto Pick

I'd want a mins split of that and I think that team could make serious noise. Has shooting, elite defenders, versatility, and blends talents and experience vs youth. Throw in guys like Vince Carter or Wayne Ellington for the minimum and of course our lotto pick. If it's Zion, or top 4, things change drastically.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:13 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

that is just not how these dudes are wired....if GSW signed Jordan tomorrow, a 56 year old Jordan is going to try to be the MVP
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:15 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

that is just not how these dudes are wired....if GSW signed Jordan tomorrow, a 56 year old Jordan is going to try to be the MVP

Don’t disagree, but that just means Lebron is going to fail in getting more rings.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:21 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

Ball
Hunter
BI
Lebron
Vuc

Kuzma 6th man

Vuc is actually not a bad defender and if you have a trio of Ball Hunter BI holding the perimeter your defense is already looking top flight.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:25 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
That could be the case. Another thing is the fact that they play the same position. Does Lebron agree commit to being the full time power forward? If im the Lakers and i'm trying to get Kahwii, i'm not going to ask him to move to shooting guard. He might be too slow for shooting guard anyway. So for it to work, Lebron would have to move to the 4 imo.

I don’t think telling LeBron to play a certain position will be a problem, this guy can play positions 1-5 if he has to, so Kawhi will fit in nicely.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:26 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

Ball
Hunter
BI
Lebron
Vuc

Kuzma 6th man

I think our goals from here on should be to lose as many games as possible in order to improve our odds at Zion and/or just improving our pick to later trade or take someone else.

When it comes to FA, if we can't sign one of the top 4 guys, I'd personally rather spread the $36MM around. I can see the intrigue in signing either Butler or Kemba, and both would help us an give Magic some room to gloat about singing an Allstar, but basketball wise, I'd rather see 3/4 really good guys versus one semi-all star. It's a huge mistake in comparison to giving up DLO/Randle/JC/Nance for the cap space to only sign high level role players, but at some point you have to pivot and try to be a team, not just star hunt. So in the event that we cannot get a top 4 guy: Guess I'd ideally love to split the $36MM + exception between: DeAndre Jordan, Danny Green, Patrick Beverly, Dwayne Dedmon.

LeBron (18) | Kuzma (30)

+ Wagner, Lotto Pick

I'd want a mins split of that and I think that team could make serious noise. Has shooting, elite defenders, versatility, and blends talents and experience vs youth. Throw in guys like Vince Carter or Wayne Ellington for the minimum and of course our lotto pick. If it's Zion, or top 4, things change drastically.

Very nice I like it.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:36 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

Ball
Hunter
BI
Lebron
Vuc

Kuzma 6th man

LeBron (18) | Kuzma (30)

+ Wagner, Lotto Pick

unless its vet min or exception, i dont want to sign DJ.

think he is done
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 972, 973, 974 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 973 of 8560
Jump to: