OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 988, 989, 990 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:29 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
I don't focus on the chick that got away. I focus on the new ones available to me. I like your plan yinoma. It is far from an "F".

PG - James - Ball
SG - Walker - Caruso
C - Dedmon - Wagner
PF - ______ - Kuzma
SF - Ingram - Bullock

That's a good team. No need to cry a river over that squad.

Brandon Clarke at PF

Yessir!!!!! I'm with you 100%!!!!

Clarke or Hunter would be perfect. Hunter shoots better, but Clarke is more explosive and can play some small ball center which is a huge plus. Both are elite defenders (Clarke probably better) who can guard four positions.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:33 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
I don't focus on the chick that got away. I focus on the new ones available to me. I like your plan yinoma. It is far from an "F".

PG - James - Ball
SG - Walker - Caruso
C - Dedmon - Wagner
PF - ______ - Kuzma
SF - Ingram - Bullock

Brandon Clarke at PF

Is he Larry Nance v.2.0 without Nance's insane athleticism? (I haven't really watched him much).

He’s bouncy himself, just smaller ; and he’s got a better motor.. 3pt shot developing. Nance-ish but better, more active. He’s everywhere defensively, and a better rim runner

Last edited by KeepItRealOrElse on Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:33 am    Post subject:

Kemba is best case scenario imo.

Seems like the other Ks are not coming and Kemba fits best with Lebron ball. If it’s not Kyrie or Dame, Kemba is the next best option.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:34 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

PG - James - Ball
SG - Walker - Caruso
C - Dedmon - Wagner
PF - ______ - Kuzma
SF - Ingram - Bullock

Brandon Clarke at PF

Is he Larry Nance v.2.0 without Nance's insane athleticism? (I haven't really watched him much).

Clarke is much more productive

PER40:

Clarke: 24/12 and 4 blocks; 69% shooting
Nance: 18/8 and 1.5 blocks; 52% shooting

Clarke's been much better at the college level.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/brandon-clarke-1.html
https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/larry-nance-2.html
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:35 am    Post subject:

Magic would choose Kemba because he's a "name"
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:36 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

PG - James - Ball
SG - Walker - Caruso
C - Dedmon - Wagner
PF - ______ - Kuzma
SF - Ingram - Bullock

Yeah. It's not an A+, but I genuinely would view it as a B+ in my book.

Kemba is underrated. But it's clear he's tiring of having to carry the entire load for a team and barely making the playoffs or missing the mark.

So get Kemba, sign Dedmon, get the BPA for the lottery pick. Spend the RE (unless Dedmon gets it) wisely and we don't need Lance type players. Get me SHOOTERS!!!!

So Kemba would satisfy Magic's "if I don't get two all star/max FAs" itch while giving us a piece that actually fits with LBJ.

Use the RE on Bullock and unless a trmendous "talent" drops in their lap (like Garland) you take the guy you need in the draft -- that's clearly Brandon Clarke. He's old, ready to play immeadiately, guards every position, brings excitement, and fills the next biggest need next to shooting -- hustle, intangibles, and elite defense.

I'd pass on a slightly more talented player (like Reddish or maybe even Garland) to get the guy the fits like a glove.

Deandre Hunter and Brandon Clarke are the type of players this roster needs immediately, and there's a starting spot (over Kuzma) waiting on them.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:36 am    Post subject:

Kemba, but this shouldn't be first option like OP said.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:38 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
Who is the competition for Walker?

New York
Dallas
Charlotte

Will New York sign Walker even though they have Smith already?
Will Charlotte sign him when they're going nowhere and he's very expensive?

I think the Lakers' chances are pretty good. The irony in all of this complaining about James is that he'd probably be a HUGE selling point for Walker.

Coming from Charlotte, and looking at his other options, James represents the best possible teammate he could ever hope to have. Doncic and Porzingis are intriguing but the opportunity to play the Irving role with James is probably quite appealing.

Sign me up.

Bonnell (Charlotte beat writer) said Dallas is making Kemba a priority signing.

This can be a situation where we spent an overt amount of time on guys we can't sign while Kemba slips away.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:39 am    Post subject:

roboshrimp wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

PG - James - Ball
SG - Walker - Caruso
C - Dedmon - Wagner
PF - ______ - Kuzma
SF - Ingram - Bullock

Kemba is underrated. But it's clear he's tiring of having to carry the entire load for a team and barely making the playoffs or missing the mark.

So get Kemba, sign Dedmon, get the BPA for the lottery pick. Spend the RE (unless Dedmon gets it) wisely and we don't need Lance type players. Get me SHOOTERS!!!!

So Kemba would satisfy Magic's "if I don't get two all star/max FAs" itch while giving us a piece that actually fits with LBJ.

I like you what you did with the hypothetical team. However, I still see a severe lack of shooting. Walker is a 35% 3pt shooter and might be the best shooter in that starting line up. I don't know who you are going to fill in that power foward spot but overall, the team lacks shooting. Ball and Kuzma are very inconsistent and Bullock is shooting 32% from 3pt range for the lakers.

Kemba shot 37, 40, and 39% from the 3 the seasons before this year on high attempts. This year he's been forced to carry the team above and beyond what he had to previously. This is the first year of his career he's had a 30+% usage rate. And he's still hitting 36% on 3s while being double teamed on many nights.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:42 am    Post subject:

Quote:

Shams Charania
‏Minnesota has shut down Derrick Rose (chip fracture in right elbow), Robert Covington (right knee) and Jeff Teague (left foot) for the remainder of the season.

Can the lakers do the same to Lebron and our ace shooter Misscala ( )
roboshrimp
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:45 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
roboshrimp wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

PG - James - Ball
SG - Walker - Caruso
C - Dedmon - Wagner
PF - ______ - Kuzma
SF - Ingram - Bullock

I like you what you did with the hypothetical team. However, I still see a severe lack of shooting. Walker is a 35% 3pt shooter and might be the best shooter in that starting line up. I don't know who you are going to fill in that power foward spot but overall, the team lacks shooting. Ball and Kuzma are very inconsistent and Bullock is shooting 32% from 3pt range for the lakers.

Kemba shot 37, 40, and 39% from the 3 the seasons before this year on high attempts. This year he's been forced to carry the team above and beyond what he had to previously. This is the first year of his career he's had a 30+% usage rate. And he's still hitting 36% on 3s while being double teamed on many nights.

You make a great point but that is just one guy. Most of the top teams have multiple threats from the perimeter. The lakers are one of the worst teams, second to only Phoenix, when it comes to 3 point percentage. I guess we can be optimistic and hope that Kuzma, Ball, Ingram can all improve as shooters but I've learned to be more reserved when it comes to expectations and a new season.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:47 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/pickuphoop/status/1108732703573188608

How did I miss this. Did we all just skip over Jerry West going on the radio and ripping Magic (without saying his name) about how he operates and how our team was constructed?

Again, this is the dude that makes all of our basketball decisions. Dear lord.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:48 am    Post subject:

Kemba Walker
Lonzo Ball
Brandon Ingram
Kyle Kuzma
LeBron James

Death lineup.

Rotation:
Kemba Walker/Lonzo Ball/Alex Caruso
Lonzo Ball/Josh Hart/Brandon Ingram
Brandon Ingram/LeBron James/Kyle Kuzma
LeBron James/Kyle Kuzma
MLE - Robin Lopez/LeBron James/Moritz Wagner

+ Lottery pick

If defense is THAT BAD of an issue, just put Lonzo at 1, Ingram at 2, and run LeBron and Kuzma up front.

The trick here is the MLE. It would never happen but Brook Lopez would be idea. Ed Davis would be nice. Robin Lopez. Dwayne Dedmon.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:48 am    Post subject:

roboshrimp wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

PG - James - Ball
SG - Walker - Caruso
C - Dedmon - Wagner
PF - ______ - Kuzma
SF - Ingram - Bullock

I agree. You definitely have to sign a pure shooter for the minimum to challenge Caruso and Hart for the third guard spot.

I love Brandon Clarke, and he seems damn near perfect, but because of Deandre Hunter's shooting ability, he's more needed now (but not by much).

Also, to improve shooting, the Lakers should at least consider trading Kuzma for an elite stretch four. This hypothetical guy probably wouldnt have Kuzma's overall scoring ability, but as a catch and shoot jumpshooter, he'd hopefully be better.

So, if you want to improve shooting, you do it in Caruso's role and/or Kuzma's role. That starting PF spot, to me, MUST be filled by the lunch pale/defensive guy, the guy with grit who dreams of stopping guys.

You need a guy like that, especially Kuzma is still around.

Just my two cents.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:49 am    Post subject:

Quote:
You make a great point but that is just one guy. Most of the top teams have multiple threats from the perimeter. The lakers are one of the worst teams, second to only Phoenix, when it comes to 3 point percentage. I guess we can be optimistic and hope that Kuzma, Ball, Ingram can all improve as shooters but I've learned to be more reserved when it comes to expectations and a new season.

I would see the team this way.

1. LBJ would be a stretch 4, pulling out one of the team's best defenders as he's still LBJ. He'd shoot more 3s (which he's doing this year), and use his ability to score judiciously. Wouldn't have to play as many minutes with another true #1 option in Kemba available (he's a 25/5/4 player this year).

2. Kemba would be the main ball handler aside from LBJ. He's a consistent 3 point shooter, and could operate an offense without LBJ.

3. BI would be our team's designated driver. He would attack the lanes that are open with LBJ camping out on the perimeter more, and hopefully we have a stretch big like Dedmon who would leave the paint less protected.

Yes, we will also need traditional 3 point shooters, and we have a small leftover budget for that. But that trio would really work together IMO.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Lebrons wrote:
https://twitter.com/pickuphoop/status/1108732703573188608

How did I miss this. Did we all just skip over Jerry West going on the radio and ripping Magic (without saying his name) about how he operates and how our team was constructed?

Again, this is the dude that makes all of our basketball decisions. Dear lord.

haha i saw this in the morning
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

Quote:
Also, to improve shooting, the Lakers should at least consider trading Kuzma for an elite stretch four.

I don't think Kuz will get you that, especially b/c he's on such a cheap deal.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:52 am    Post subject:

I would do something like this (my realistic summer FA):

Kemba/Caruso (time to keep him on the regular roster)
Lonzo/Hart
BI/lottery pick
LBJ/Kuz
Dedmon (RE)/Vonleh (leftover cap)/Wags

The wildcard are shooters at the minimum. Who would those be? It just seems we eschewed one trick pony shooters last summer but I hope Magic now sees why we need shooters around LBJ.
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:53 am    Post subject:

Plan A: KD Klay or Kawhi
Plan B: Kemba Jimmy
Plan C: Vuc
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:54 am    Post subject:

Duplicated from another thread.

Kemba Walker
Lonzo Ball
Brandon Ingram
Kyle Kuzma
LeBron James

Death lineup.

Rotation:
LeBron James/Kyle Kuzma

+ Lottery pick

If defense is THAT BAD of an issue, just put Lonzo at 1, Ingram at 2, and run LeBron and Kuzma up front.

The trick here is the MLE. It would never happen but Brook Lopez would be idea. Ed Davis would be nice. Robin Lopez. Dwayne Dedmon.

Math
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:55 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

This can be a situation where we spent an overt amount of time on guys we can't sign while Kemba slips away.

I hate how prescient this sounds.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:56 am    Post subject:

Math wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

So, tampering?

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:56 am    Post subject:

Math wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Hopefully the Tamper Kings can get intel early on and know if KD/KL/Klay/Kyrie aren't coming. LBJ can do that too without getting in as much trouble as Magic.

It would be nice if we just knew what our true realistic FA options were and made them feel like we're after them. You can't tell every FA that "you're my main guy."
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:58 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
Who is the competition for Walker?

New York
Dallas
Charlotte

Will New York sign Walker even though they have Smith already?
Will Charlotte sign him when they're going nowhere and he's very expensive?

I think the Lakers' chances are pretty good. The irony in all of this complaining about James is that he'd probably be a HUGE selling point for Walker.

Coming from Charlotte, and looking at his other options, James represents the best possible teammate he could ever hope to have. Doncic and Porzingis are intriguing but the opportunity to play the Irving role with James is probably quite appealing.

Sign me up.

I'm extremely confident that Magic is making allowances for this. At this point, he has to know that the top four to five guys may not come. I don't think a slip away is likely. if he doesn't come, it'll be because he legitimately chose another team, not because the Lakers weren't around to make a pitch.

Now, with regard to Dallas, he'll have a simple decision to make: Does he want to play with the young Doncic or the old James?

My guess, he'd choose L.A over Dallas ... unless he believes that James is toxic and stifling (a reasonable possibility).
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:00 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Kemba Walker
Lonzo Ball
Brandon Ingram
Kyle Kuzma
LeBron James

Death lineup.

Rotation:
LeBron James/Kyle Kuzma

+ Lottery pick

So Kemba instead of KCP basically
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 988, 989, 990 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 989 of 8560
Jump to: