OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1000, 1001, 1002 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nzahir
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:20 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
I made a joke earlier in this thread that the Lakers would end up this summer spending $38 million per year x 4 years on Harrison Barnes and Nikola Vucevic this summer (i.e. the modern day Deng and Mozgov contracts). Funny that people want to max out Vucevic like he actually screams championship player or something.

The irony of all of this is that Jim/Mitch played the same game Magic/Pelinka are now. Punt cap space until a free agent will take it. Then Jim put a deadline on himself, just like Magic is doing now. Then came Deng/Mozgov as a desperation move to meet the self-imposed deadline. It wouldn't shock me to Magic do the same this summer.

Magic promised a star, if he/Pelinka does this (it should be vetoed by Jeanie if she has a brain), they should both be fired for even bringing it up. Then they should both be run outa town

We should be in charge over Magic, we're more knowledgeable

Only options:

Kawhi, Kyrie, or trade for AD, maybe Dame

If not, hold cap space for next year. Goal is championship, not middle of road playoff team
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:21 pm    Post subject:

RealSkipBayless wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Paul George spoke with Kawhi Leonard about Kawhi’s upcoming free agency this off-season, offering advice as PG was in a similar situation, per @JLew1050.

https://twitter.com/thehoopcentral/status/1109158311851507712?s=21

What a nice guy, that PG13

Lmao what the (bleep) is that dudes problem? Went from stanning Kobe to sabotaging the Lakers. He that mad the Lakers prioritized Bron over him?

Honestly, I really wanted him and I think he and LBJ would have been a devastating duo.

But I do think he's easily influenced (WB/OKC/agent did a number on him IMO).
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:23 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
I made a joke earlier in this thread that the Lakers would end up this summer spending $38 million per year x 4 years on Harrison Barnes and Nikola Vucevic this summer (i.e. the modern day Deng and Mozgov contracts). Funny that people want to max out Vucevic like he actually screams championship player or something.

The irony of all of this is that Jim/Mitch played the same game Magic/Pelinka are now. Punt cap space until a free agent will take it. Then Jim put a deadline on himself, just like Magic is doing now. Then came Deng/Mozgov as a desperation move to meet the self-imposed deadline. It wouldn't shock me to Magic do the same this summer.

Well, one did get LBJ.

But the more depressing thing is that after getting LBJ, they squandered that season with absolutely pitiful signings (28m).

the way I see it this may all be a blessing in disguise. Once PG13 didnt sign this was a punting season period. So might as well tank for a top 8 draft pick to load up on as much talents/assets for next season
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:29 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
The Lakers need to clear up the perception that Klutch and LeBron are running this organization.

This is why...

The Lakers are only going to be as great as LeBron's character while he's the focal point of the team. We've seen it for years and now we finally got to see just how destructive LeBron is towards his teammates and the organization. It's going to happen as long as he's not forced to be accountable among his teammates or coaches. I'd like to see the Lakers bring in some grown men.

LeBron CANNOT be depended on for leadership or as the face of the organization. The Lakers have to treat LeBron as just another player because he showed us this year that his needs are more important than the Lakers brand. So if that means we take a route where LeBron no longer at the center of the team dynamic; so be it. LeBron is not trustworthy and doesn't deserve to have any consultation type of input going forward.

If the Lakers are not willing to do this... We're screwed.

This isn't even a LBJ thread and here is Mr. Gloom and Doom.

rent free

I actually believe LBJ getting 5 months to get his body right for 2019-20 will result in a rejuvenated and better conditioned LBJ.

I hated how he gave up on the team but I do expect a better LBJ next season. Like top 5 MVP candidate version.

Is he going to get in shape by filming Space Jam 2? That could take up part of the offseason.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:34 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
The Lakers need to clear up the perception that Klutch and LeBron are running this organization.

This is why...

The Lakers are only going to be as great as LeBron's character while he's the focal point of the team. We've seen it for years and now we finally got to see just how destructive LeBron is towards his teammates and the organization. It's going to happen as long as he's not forced to be accountable among his teammates or coaches. I'd like to see the Lakers bring in some grown men.

LeBron CANNOT be depended on for leadership or as the face of the organization. The Lakers have to treat LeBron as just another player because he showed us this year that his needs are more important than the Lakers brand. So if that means we take a route where LeBron no longer at the center of the team dynamic; so be it. LeBron is not trustworthy and doesn't deserve to have any consultation type of input going forward.

rent free

I actually believe LBJ getting 5 months to get his body right for 2019-20 will result in a rejuvenated and better conditioned LBJ.

I hated how he gave up on the team but I do expect a better LBJ next season. Like top 5 MVP candidate version.

Is he going to get in shape by filming Space Jam 2? That could take up part of the offseason.

is filming for space jam 2 as intense as playing playoffs bb?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:41 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

This is why...

rent free

Maybe. Fighting aliens and monsters may make him tougher and he'll have to work on defense for sure against extraterrestrials.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

This is why...

rent free

Maybe. Fighting aliens and monsters may make him tougher and he'll have to work on defense for sure against extraterrestrials.

Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:45 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Paul George spoke with Kawhi Leonard about Kawhi’s upcoming free agency this off-season, offering advice as PG was in a similar situation, per @JLew1050.

Well, KL has already won a championship b/f so not sure why he needs advice from PG13...about what?

FOH

I do think KL's mental resolve >>>> PG13's.

He isn't going to be brainwashed by a WB.

If KL wants to be a Laker, he will be a Laker.

If he wants to join the Raps or Clips he will.

PG13 has nothing to offer him but weak minded thinking.

don't mean a thing by this

Laker Hefe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:46 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Well, one did get LBJ.

But the more depressing thing is that after getting LBJ, they squandered that season with absolutely pitiful signings (28m).

Not sure how much credit Magic should get with LBJ. I believe "LA" made that signing - not the management. LBJ wanted the LA logistics.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Laker Hefe wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Well, one did get LBJ.

Not sure how much credit Magic should get with LBJ. I believe "LA" made that signing - not the management. LBJ wanted the LA logistics.

I have to be objective.

I credit him for getting LBJ.

I credit him for ruining a season with LBJ.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:49 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Nailed it.

Jim and Mitch were still trying to make the playoffs post Dwightmare and were targeting Melo in 2014 and Aldridge in 2016 and when they couldn't get them, decided to tank. We already have the young talent and a superstar in place, and are now looking to use our cap space on another one. The situations are entirely different.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

then this:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1058892043563356160
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

LakerSanity wrote:

The initial failure was when there wasn't unity between Jim and Jeannie when it was apparent that a Kobe led championship team was no longer likely and a rebuild was coming.

Since not meeting a deadline was one of the reasons to push Jim & Mitch out, then Magic & Pelinka having some type of deadline to meet is a reasonable expectation.

Whether the deadlines for both the past and current Front Offices were realistic is an entirely different question.

Last edited by Bard207 on Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

nzahir wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Magic promised a star, if he/Pelinka does this (it should be vetoed by Jeanie if she has a brain), they should both be fired for even bringing it up. Then they should both be run outa town

We should be in charge over Magic, we're more knowledgeable

Only options:

Kawhi, Kyrie, or trade for AD, maybe Dame

If not, hold cap space for next year. Goal is championship, not middle of road playoff team

Magic's version of the Jim/Mitch is Cousins. He can blow smoke up our butts about how he is a star.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:56 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Well, KL has already won a championship b/f so not sure why he needs advice from PG13...about what?

FOH

I do think KL's mental resolve >>>> PG13's.

He isn't going to be brainwashed by a WB.

If KL wants to be a Laker, he will be a Laker.

If he wants to join the Raps or Clips he will.

PG13 has nothing to offer him but weak minded thinking.

I understand why Lakers fans hate PG but weak minded thinking is BS. Saying he was brainwashed is BS. He’s the best player on a contender and avoided the (bleep) show that comes with playing next to LeBron. After seeing how this year unfolded, it’s hard to argue that he made the wrong decision.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:57 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Nailed it.

Jim and Mitch were still trying to make the playoffs post Dwightmare and were targeting Melo in 2014 and Aldridge in 2016 and when they couldn't get them, decided to tank. We already have the young talent and a superstar in place, and are now looking to use our cap space on another one. The situations are entirely different.

Agree to disagree.

Magic is doing the same thing Jim Buss did...which is funny because he blasted Jim (tweets out there to prove it) for the exact same things he is doing. If the Lakers do not get another legitimate Max FA this summer, it’s no different than what Jim Buss had going on.

The only difference would have been that Magic used his friend Jeanie’s pursuit for power to become president of basketball operations.

If this FO lands a legitimate Max FA then I will stfu and give them credit. Kemba, Butler, Cousins and Vucevic is not what I’m talking about. Talking Kawhi, Kyrie, etc.

If the Clippers win the Kawhi sweepstakes, that’s a huge indictment on this FO.

Last edited by LakerSD on Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Laker Hefe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:58 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Laker Hefe wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Well, one did get LBJ.

I have to be objective.

I credit him for getting LBJ.

I credit him for ruining a season with LBJ.

Point and point.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:59 pm    Post subject:

dont trade the pick to NO

Last edited by Hero Ball on Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:59 pm    Post subject:

who here wants Kyrie?

Last edited by Hero Ball on Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Damn 1K lol
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

This is why...

rent free

is filming for space jam 2 as intense as playing playoffs bb?

I have no idea
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:08 pm    Post subject:

LG 4 months ago: “Who do you think is going to sign here first? Durant or Kawhi or Klay?”

LG now: “We’d be lucky to get Jimmy Butler.”
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
LG 4 months ago: “Who do you think is going to sign here first? Durant or Kawhi or Klay?”

It seemed like a sure lock right? But now given the toxicity regarding LeBron, FO, AD trade saga, and missing the playoffs, I think this turns players away. Hope I'm wrong.
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:

4 months ago LG wouldn't mind Butler coming as FA actually.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1000, 1001, 1002 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 1001 of 8560
Jump to: