OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1008, 1009, 1010 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:19 am    Post subject:

A Lonzo/Klay backcourt makes me feel like a female reading a trashy novel, but a Kyrie/Lonzo backcourt makes me drool like Homer Simpson. Do not trade Zo!
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:22 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
A Lonzo/Klay backcourt makes me feel like a female reading a trashy novel, but a Kyrie/Lonzo backcourt makes me drool like Homer Simpson. Do not trade Zo!

A "female" what?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:27 am    Post subject:

nzahir wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
I’m getting more and more confident that we are gonna sign Kyrie Irving.

Why you think that means LAL?

Why not NY?

I still think NY with KD. Maybe Butler if KD stays or goes to LAC/BKN (Very slim chance KD doesn't just go to NY)

I don’t think anyone goes to NY as long as James Dolan is the owner, they might luck out and get someone like Butler or Kemba but there Organization is still irrelevant.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:27 am    Post subject:

Rek wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

If true...this would be an outstanding get. Kyrie has played with Bron and won a title...playing with a selfless PG like Ball...would be nice. Can only hope.

Lonzo isn't secure enough in himself to handle Kyrie joining the team and sharing the back court together. If Irving did sign with us, you can pretty well guarantee that LaVar would immediately launch into his scorched earth tactics trying to force LA to trade Zo to a preferred team, likely PHX if they don't land someone like Morant in the draft.

Your opinion...completely disagree
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject:

Rek wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

If true...this would be an outstanding get. Kyrie has played with Bron and won a title...playing with a selfless PG like Ball...would be nice. Can only hope.

Lonzo isn't secure enough in himself to handle Kyrie joining the team and sharing the back court together. If Irving did sign with us, you can pretty well guarantee that LaVar would immediately launch into his scorched earth tactics trying to force LA to trade Zo to a preferred team, likely PHX if they don't land someone like Morant in the draft.

Rumor is Lonzo is estranged from his pops right now after dumping the BBB brand. Not that I want him to be in conflict with his dad, but I hope this means LaVar is no longer his mouth piece. Hopefully Lonzo is ready to take control of his career and not be daddy's little soldier.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:31 am    Post subject:

You get a free psychoanalysis!

And you get a free psychoanalysis!

And you get a free psychoanalysis!

Free psychoanalyses for all!
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:33 am    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
Rek wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Rumor is Lonzo is estranged from his pops right now after dumping the BBB brand. Not that I want him to be in conflict with his dad, but I hope this means LaVar is no longer his mouth piece. Hopefully Lonzo is ready to take control of his career and not be daddy's little soldier.

It worked for Kobe.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:43 am    Post subject:

Media seems to think LA is not top FA stop. But looking at our season so far top FA will get the same glory as LBJ if the get us a championship. LBJ could not get it done by himself, couldn't even get us to the playoff. Getting us to the championship will give the top FG equal footing as LBJ. IMO
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:04 pm    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
Media seems to think LA is not top FA stop. But looking at our season so far top FA will get the same glory as LBJ if the get us a championship. LBJ could not get it done by himself, couldn't even get us to the playoff. Getting us to the championship will give the top FG equal footing as LBJ. IMO

I agree 100% But do the top FAs see it that way? We'll see.
Sago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:12 pm    Post subject:

ShowtimeDynasty_24/7 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/IGotSources/status/1110137264682594306

That guy has no sources if thats the level of "insight" he has. Thats the most obvious tweet I've seen all day.

http://imgur.com/a/3czJQNU

That was him before he changed his handle
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:19 pm    Post subject:

He just posted on his twitter that we almost landed Vucevic at the trade deadline but the deal broke when we refused to give up Lonzo.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

The Pistons initiated the 3 way convo with ORL and LAL. ORL wanted Ball and 2nd rd from pistons and LAL-Lakers countered with Hart, KCP, 2nd rd plus cash. Orl said No... hence Orlando pursuing Fultz and LAL-DET completing The Bullock trade themselves. (2/2)

Did Magic Johnson think that was a fair deal for Vucevic?
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:27 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Quote:

The Pistons initiated the 3 way convo with ORL and LAL. ORL wanted Ball and 2nd rd from pistons and LAL-Lakers countered with Hart, KCP, 2nd rd plus cash. Orl said No... hence Orlando pursuing Fultz and LAL-DET completing The Bullock trade themselves. (2/2)

Maybe pelinka did
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:33 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Quote:

Maybe pelinka did

Magic and Pelinka are idiots if they think that was a fair deal for Nikola Vucevic. The due is a walking 20/15 guy. Stupid Lakers. He would be perfect for this team. I am hoping they refocus on trying to get him.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:34 pm    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:

Question may not be the FAs seeking equal "glory". They are looking at their realistic opportunity to win a championship with James.

He didn't help himself or the Lakers with his inconsistent play this year.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:37 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
defense wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Quote:

Maybe pelinka did

Magic and Pelinka are idiots if they think that was a fair deal for Nikola Vucevic. The due is a walking 20/15 guy. Stupid Lakers. He would be perfect for this team. I am hoping they refocus on trying to get him.

Vucevic is a FA this summer.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
defense wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Quote:

Maybe pelinka did

Yep, I know he is. I like him and think we need a player like this.
Don't you think?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:49 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
defense wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Quote:

Maybe pelinka did

Yep, I know he is. I like him and think we need a player like this.
Don't you think?

He is probably Plan D...

Plan A - KD/Klay/Kawhi/Irving
Plan B - Harris/Butler/Kemba
Plan C - Trade for Beal/Conley or AD
Plan D - Vucevic/Danny Green
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:51 pm    Post subject:

I would be okay if our off season ends up with signing Vuc and adding shooters and defenders with the rest of the cap room.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I don't think it means he comes here, just means he leaves Boston. IMO not a good thing if we sign Kyrie. Ball dominant PG who doesn't play defense. What would be Lonzo Ball's purpose? For someone like LBJ who is so ball dominant himself, I don't like the idea of adding another player like that. Plus, with the two of them together, this environment will only get more toxic.

I don't think signing a PG in the offseason is the answer.

Man, you are thinking on a far deeper level than Magic, who sees "Kyrie Irving: Big Name Player" and that's it.
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:04 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
Rek wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Really hope this is the case.
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:12 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I don't think it means he comes here, just means he leaves Boston. IMO not a good thing if we sign Kyrie. Ball dominant PG who doesn't play defense. What would be Lonzo Ball's purpose? For someone like LBJ who is so ball dominant himself, I don't like the idea of adding another player like that. Plus, with the two of them together, this environment will only get more toxic.

Man, you are thinking on a far deeper level than Magic, who sees "Kyrie Irving: Big Name Player" and that's it.

if we get Kyrie id guess 1. Ball becomes a back up and mostly defenive purpose with Kyrie but also main ball handler with Kyrie playing off ball which he can do. or 2. Ball, Ingram and pick 10 goes to NO for Davis. hopefully its 2 and we get a team of Kyrie Hart Lebron Kuzma Davis
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:16 pm    Post subject:

a2j1m wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

if we get Kyrie id guess 1. Ball becomes a back up and mostly defenive purpose with Kyrie but also main ball handler with Kyrie playing off ball which he can do. or 2. Ball, Ingram and pick 10 goes to NO for Davis. hopefully its 2 and we get a team of Kyrie Hart Lebron Kuzma Davis

Why do you guys keep pressing with the AD stuff.. They're not trading with us. I would think that should be pretty obvious by now.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:21 pm    Post subject:

There is no way I would give up Lonzo, Ingram or Kuzma in a trade for Vucevic...a pending FA.

That’s just idiotic.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:31 pm    Post subject:

FWIW IGotSources is about to drop a big hint on our FA plans.. stay tuned.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1008, 1009, 1010 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 1009 of 8560
Jump to: