OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1009, 1010, 1011 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
FWIW IGotSources is about to drop a big hint on our FA plans.. stay tuned.

Lmao he said Woj DMd him. Stop posting his BS
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Sago wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
FWIW IGotSources is about to drop a big hint on our FA plans.. stay tuned.

Lmao he said Woj DMd him. Stop posting his BS

I’m just waiting for the off season to arrive this season has sucked the life out of me.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:35 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/pickuphoop/status/1110307262889906176?s=21
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:36 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

The NBA needs to take away the Clippers FA plans, or at least take some of there future picks away.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:37 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

"Punting" is a dirty word around these parts, so I won't say it, but the Lakers may need to "play the long game" and acquire guys with one year left on their contracts from teams looking to clear space for assets. This may be the most prudent path.

If we punt, then it's best to trade Lebron. No reason to have him unless we can build a team around him, not one and done guys who will never gel together.
Pretty much.

If we punt for AD won’t we lose 1-2 young players to open up cap space?

Yes. But you only dump a young player when Davis has committed.

Also, it's been said that the Lakers cannot afford James, Ball, Ingram, and Davis, but, according to my math, they can fit them all in. Unless Ingram takes the qualifying offer, however, Kuzma and/or Hart will have to be jettisoned.

This is the sacrifice/the price for Davis.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
DLaker wrote:
Media seems to think LA is not top FA stop. But looking at our season so far top FA will get the same glory as LBJ if the get us a championship. LBJ could not get it done by himself, couldn't even get us to the playoff. Getting us to the championship will give the top FA equal footing as LBJ. IMO

Question may not be the FAs seeking equal "glory". They are looking at their realistic opportunity to win a championship with James.

He didn't help himself or the Lakers with his inconsistent play this year.

There are only limited number of team that pose a shot at the Title. GS on top of that list, another consistent appearance to the finals is LBJ. LBJ still putting up numbers, what his play this year emphasize is that he is no closer. A closer at the end of game would be vital to any successful LBJ team. So if opportunity is what the FA is looking for, pairing with LBJ give them a higher chance of getting to the championship.
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:11 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Rek wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
I’m getting more and more confident that we are gonna sign Kyrie Irving.

If true...this would be an outstanding get. Kyrie has played with Bron and won a title...playing with a selfless PG like Ball...would be nice. Can only hope.

Lonzo isn't secure enough in himself to handle Kyrie joining the team and sharing the back court together. If Irving did sign with us, you can pretty well guarantee that LaVar would immediately launch into his scorched earth tactics trying to force LA to trade Zo to a preferred team, likely PHX if they don't land someone like Morant in the draft.

Your opinion...completely disagree

but sharing with Booker who has the ball just as much? I dont think Lonzo is that kind of player where he thinks he should be the main guy on the team. getting good players will let his game grow and learn. who better than Irving to take notes from
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

The NBA needs to take away the Clippers FA plans, or at least take some of there future picks away.

Nothing in that tweet says that they have communicated with Kawhi directly. And that's all that matters.

(Well, either that or a wink on a late-night talk show.)
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:03 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

For scouting other players? I sure hope that we are doing the same thing.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

"Punting" is a dirty word around these parts, so I won't say it, but the Lakers may need to "play the long game" and acquire guys with one year left on their contracts from teams looking to clear space for assets. This may be the most prudent path.

If we punt, then it's best to trade Lebron. No reason to have him unless we can build a team around him, not one and done guys who will never gel together.
Pretty much.

Also, it's been said that the Lakers cannot afford James, Ball, Ingram, and Davis, but, according to my math, they can fit them all in. Unless Ingram takes the qualifying offer, however, Kuzma and/or Hart will have to be jettisoned.

Ingram’s cap hold is around $21 mil
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:09 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

Pretty much.

Ingram’s cap hold is around $21 mil

I know. Still possible with my math.
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:29 pm    Post subject:

a2j1m wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Rek wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

If true...this would be an outstanding get. Kyrie has played with Bron and won a title...playing with a selfless PG like Ball...would be nice. Can only hope.

Lonzo isn't secure enough in himself to handle Kyrie joining the team and sharing the back court together. If Irving did sign with us, you can pretty well guarantee that LaVar would immediately launch into his scorched earth tactics trying to force LA to trade Zo to a preferred team, likely PHX if they don't land someone like Morant in the draft.

but sharing with Booker who has the ball just as much? I dont think Lonzo is that kind of player where he thinks he should be the main guy on the team. getting good players will let his game grow and learn. who better than Irving to take notes from

This is not me having some anti-Lonzo agenda. If Kyrie and Zo could pair up - could very well end up being a great duo if both are interested in making that work. However, during all of the AD drama, it was repeatedly rumored that Lonzo didn't want to end up being traded to NOP and sharing the floor with another point guard (Jrue), hence pushing for a 3 team trade to land him in PHX instead.

If those rumors hold any truth, I don't see why it would be any different with adding Kyrie to our roster. Would Zo be able to embrace that and be content?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:41 pm    Post subject:

^I don't see why not.

The idea is the backcourt partner is like Aaron Holiday of UCLA.

Kyrie and Jrue would just play a similar role anyway.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:59 pm    Post subject:

Rek wrote:
a2j1m wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Rek wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

This is not me having some anti-Lonzo agenda. If Kyrie and Zo could pair up - could very well end up being a great duo if both are interested in making that work. However, during all of the AD drama, it was repeatedly rumored that Lonzo didn't want to end up being traded to NOP and sharing the floor with another point guard (Jrue), hence pushing for a 3 team trade to land him in PHX instead.

If those rumors hold any truth, I don't see why it would be any different with adding Kyrie to our roster. Would Zo be able to embrace that and be content?

honestly i think its the fact of playing for the pelicans tbh. every team in the league has a solid guard on there team aside maybe NY, DET, and ORL. He doesnt have many options of not wanting to play alongside another good guard. I just think he didnt wanna be a Pelican lol
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:28 pm    Post subject:

You could play Lonzo and Kyrie together, but you presume Magic can wrap his head around the idea of two point guards playing together.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:40 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
You could play Lonzo and Kyrie together, but you presume Magic can wrap his head around the idea of two point guards playing together.

I personally think the fit is awkward when you factor in how much LeBron also dominates the ball and how much more effective BI is with it in his hands.

My take is that it really marginalizes Lonzo's best gifts. Ball movement. The ball seems to stick a little bit when it hits Kyrie's hands which is exactly what Boston is struggling with now that he's healthy versus last year without him. His best gifts are his speed, handles, creativity, and footwork in getting to the rim and/or getting off his own shot.

Now I want Kyrie and I'd be more than willing to see if it could work but someone like Jrue is far more capable off the ball than Kyrie.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:46 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

I personally think the fit is awkward when you factor in how much LeBron also dominates the ball and how much more effective BI is with it in his hands.

My take is that it really marginalizes Lonzo's best gifts. Ball movement. The ball seems to stick a little bit when it hits Kyrie's hands which is exactly what Boston is struggling with now that he's healthy versus last year without him. His best gifts are his speed, handles, creativity, and footwork in getting to the rim and/or getting off his own shot.

Now I want Kyrie and I'd be more than willing to see if it could work but someone like Jrue is far more capable off the ball than Kyrie.

With Lonzo floating between that 18% to 23% USG I don't see how it's a problem.

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:51 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
2019 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

In that stretch before he went down when he was just downright aggressive in everything he did, he was making Allstar level impact. I'd imagine that changes a lot if Kyrie is here.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:54 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
2019 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

In that stretch before he went down when he was just downright aggressive in everything he did, he was making Allstar level impact. I'd imagine that changes a lot if Kyrie is here.

But the Lakers were also winning when he was essentially playing 3 and D with full court press defense, while Ingram was acting as the #2 option behind LeBron anyway.

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:59 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:

You could play them together but it might only be for 40 games
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:15 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

For scouting other players? I sure hope that we are doing the same thing.

Yeah this Kawhi Leonard guy seems like an interesting prospect. Might turn out to be pretty good one day. We should definitely send scouts and see what all the fuss is about. winkwinkwinkwink
VocabuLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:22 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

I am beyond confident. It will happen along with Ty Lue.

Fairly sure about Kawhi Leonard but not 100% sure yet.
The media talking about Clippers completely false. Just click bait for Laker fans as they know we will read the info.

Last edited by VocabuLaker on Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:24 pm    Post subject:

VocabuLaker wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Yes sir!!
VocabuLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
VocabuLaker wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Yes sir!!

Fairly sure about Kawhi Leonard but not 100% sure yet. Not enough $$$
The media talking about Clippers completely false. Just click bait for Laker fans as they know we will read the info.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:32 pm    Post subject:

This article will shed some light on the pessimist crowd...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.silverscreenandroll.com/platform/amp/2019/3/25/18281392/la-lakers-news-western-conference-executive-lebron-james-analysis-magic-johnson-rob-pelinka

I’m already counting down the days we finally have a relevant team next year, I’m confident that a 2nd star is coming this summer and we are be back on top.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1009, 1010, 1011 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 1010 of 8560
Jump to: