OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1099, 1100, 1101 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:06 am    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
Watching Boston I could see them getting AD. They will add Tatum he looks average right now.
how was he average today?

Last year he was taking dudes off the dribble. Playing lock down defense. This year he has been silent. Dumb mistakes missing easy layups, you can look at the box score and say "hey he had solid numbers". But that doesn't tell you how he played

Got to watch the game.

You say that but you ignored the fact that Kyrie and Hayward are in this year's game and they were NOT last year.

Tatum showed skills at Duke and as a rookie. Those skills didn't disappear.

Tatum, as a player, is the same as last year. His role is not.

If you're going to chide someone for watching the game, (respectfully) please make sure you take your own advice. Tatum isn't the only BOS player not playing the same as last year and for the same reasons.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:15 am    Post subject:

I didn't watch the Leprechauns-Pacers game, only the highlights... but Jayson Christ had some clutch plays at the end that helped them win?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:34 am    Post subject:

l4kerz wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
Watching Boston I could see them getting AD. They will add Tatum he looks average right now.

If Tatum looks average, why would NO want him?

Because he's not on the Lakers.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:08 am    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
how was he average today?

Last year he was taking dudes off the dribble. Playing lock down defense. This year he has been silent. Dumb mistakes missing easy layups, you can look at the box score and say "hey he had solid numbers". But that doesn't tell you how he played

Got to watch the game.

You say that but you ignored the fact that Kyrie and Hayward are in this year's game and they were NOT last year.

Tatum showed skills at Duke and as a rookie. Those skills didn't disappear.

Tatum, as a player, is the same as last year. His role is not.

If you're going to chide someone for watching the game, (respectfully) please make sure you take your own advice. Tatum isn't the only BOS player not playing the same as last year and for the same reasons.

I will give you Kyrie, but not Hayward. Kyrie had to take over because the team wasn't getting it done
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:09 am    Post subject:

l4kerz wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

Because the hype is still real
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:13 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
l4kerz wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

Griffin is different. He will absolutely want the best package...even if its the Lakers. He's not influenced by Pop or anyone else.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:26 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
l4kerz wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

Griffin is different. He will absolutely want the best package...even if its the Lakers. He's not influenced by Pop or anyone else.

Based on
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:29 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
l4kerz wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

His owner remains the same. And they did not want to trade AD to the Lakers. Just like the Pacers. Just like the Spurs.

We will have to either sign them as FAs or have home grown ones.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:46 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
l4kerz wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

His owner remains the same. And they did not want to trade AD to the Lakers. Just like the Pacers. Just like the Spurs.

That's your opinion. I've heard him say how much he thinks of Ingram...It's still possible to have a package of Ingram, Hart and picks IMO...But if Boston offers Tatum and Brown or better picks he may end up there. Point is Griffin will do what's best for the Pelicans.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:49 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
l4kerz wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

That's your opinion. I've heard him say how much he thinks of Ingram...It's still possible to have a package of Ingram, Hart and picks IMO...But if Boston offers Tatum and Brown or better picks he may end up there. Point is Griffin will do what's best for the Pelicans.

And the "Pelicans" owner remains the same. If the reported Godfather offer wasn't enough, why would a lesser package with BI who now has a blood clot issue be "better?"
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:51 am    Post subject:

This feels like another PG13 "'Celtics and Lakers battling it out for star' who then gets traded to a third team no one was talking about" scenario.
Math
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:52 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
l4kerz wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

And the "Pelicans" owner remains the same. If the reported Godfather offer wasn't enough, why would a lesser package with BI who now has a blood clot issue be "better?"

If you believe Jeanie there was no "Godfather" offer.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:53 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
l4kerz wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

They’ll riot on Bourbon Street if all he gets is Ingram Hart and picks. But hopefully he does it.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:03 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
This feels like another PG13 "'Celtics and Lakers battling it out for star' who then gets traded to a third team no one was talking about" scenario.

Exactamundo.

Who thought PG would go to OKC/KL to the Raptors?

Lakers deal won't be enough and there's still resistance to trading a star to the Lakers.

Celts may lose Kyrie and all of a sudden want to hold onto their young guys.

So a random 3rd team (Chicago?) will try to woo AD to stay.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:03 am    Post subject:

Math wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
l4kerz wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

I don't think I can believe her.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:29 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
l4kerz wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

No way Ingram with bloodclot scare gets it done without Lonzo and the lottery pick.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:29 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:

Exactamundo.

Who thought PG would go to OKC/KL to the Raptors?

Lakers deal won't be enough and there's still resistance to trading a star to the Lakers.

Celts may lose Kyrie and all of a sudden want to hold onto their young guys.

So a random 3rd team (Chicago?) will try to woo AD to stay.

Still think we have the leg up if Kyrie leaves Boston and thus trading for AD doesn't make sense but I see the following teams being able to make very competitive offers for AD. Whether AD stay there or not is a different thing.

Chicago - Lotto Pick, WCJ, Lavine or Porter, Dunn (If they offer Lauri, it's over)
NY- Lotto Pick, Robinson, DSJ, Frank, Trier (makes sense if they can sign a max guy)
Wash - Lotto Pick, Beal, Future 1st (AD is a huge flight risk but that's a good offer)
Miami - Bam, Lotto Pick, Richardson, Winslow (Flight risk but Miami is hard to leave)
Denver - Murray, Milsap, Porter Jr, Future 1sts (Little depth but Jokic and AD...)

Again, I doubt AD stays in many of those places, but I think that if teams are willing to gamble, and for one reason or another some of those teams should be willing, there are good packages out there. Still think ours would be at the top of the list but you never know what Griffin values...
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:30 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Math wrote:

Can you believe common sense?

The most ridiculous offer "leaked" - Zo, BI, Kuz, Zu, two #1s, two #2s and taking back a bad contract - should have the NOLA fans calling for Mrs. Benson to sell the team!

Who turns that offer down, even out of spite?
Math
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:30 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Math wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
l4kerz wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

After hearing Jerry West's quotes this morning about how Ryan thinks some of the negative stuff coming out is unfair I start to wonder how much the Buss family trust, and specifically a scorned Jim, has reacted to being ousted.

How much of this negative press can be attributed to a family power struggle over the reins with an ultimate goal of removing Jeanie?
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:36 am    Post subject:

Math wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Math wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
l4kerz wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

After hearing Jerry West's quotes this morning about how Ryan thinks some of the negative stuff coming out is unfair I start to wonder how much the Buss family trust, and specifically a scorned Jim, has reacted to being ousted.

How much of this negative press can be attributed to a family power struggle over the reins with an ultimate goal of removing Jeanie?

Link?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:37 am    Post subject:

Quote:

I'm sure there's some. But I mean do we need any evidence? Magic frickin' resigned. Lakers have the worst record in the NBA for the past 6 years combined. We get LBJ and miss the playoffs. Luke is gone. I mean the dysfunction and impotence of this team is fairly evident (even if there's a possibility that things can turn around this summer).
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:39 am    Post subject:

Math wrote:

*** I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO PROOF OF THIS ***

I have long suspected that there are posters here who are *tasked* with posting anti-Jeanie items and whip up sentiment to disparage her and get her to sell the team (which is reportedly an aim of Jimmy and Johnnie). They then use their burner accounts to support their posts, which is why there'll be a 30-quote chain of dittos.

Just my humble opinion.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:45 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Math wrote:

I have long suspected that there are posters here who are *tasked* with posting anti-Jeanie items and whip up sentiment to disparage her and get her to sell the team (which is reportedly an aim of Jimmy and Johnnie). They then use their burner accounts to support their posts, which is why there'll be a 30-quote chain of dittos.

Just my humble opinion.

Wow. Tinfoil hat time.
Math
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:47 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Math wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Math wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
l4kerz wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

Link?

He was on the Dan Patrick show.

@RunTheJules
10h10 hours ago
More
- On the Lakers being an easy target and getting ripped on social media: "they have really nice people over there. My son works there and when [we] talk, it pains him to see some of the stuff that's written and in many cases it's not fair."
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:47 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Math wrote:

Just my humble opinion.

Oh this is very obvious you can see there are some posters that are here just to create mayhem and hatred towards Jeanne and the FO. Some of these people are not Laker fans just outsiders trying to destroy this organization. Probably over 90% of what is stated here is false, and that also includes the media. The Lakers need to be very tight lipped and try to remove those that leak out information.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1099, 1100, 1101 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 1100 of 8560
Jump to: