OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 111, 112, 113 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:12 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Judah wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
I don’t think anyone is gonna go to the Knicks until they start winning, and I highly doubt the Pelicans want anyone on the Knicks roster for AD unless the Knicks are willing to include there prized prospect Porgz, Knox isn’t close to the value AD seeks in a trade and Mitchell Robinson and Nitilikina will likely only be good role players so not enough value.

A lack of winning did not discourage Lebron from coming here. Also, I didn't know AD not only has the authority to approve trades for himself, but he will reject the trade if not enough value is going out. Thank you as always for the spectacular reporting.

I think he's saying that the Pelicans can find a better package for AD than one that's headlined by Knox.

It all depends on whether Boston would back down from "we're not resigning in Boston" threats.

But a package of Knox + Next year's Knicks pick (top 5, maybe top 3 if they win the lottery) plus a future pick + Ntilikina + Mitchell Robinson is a decent package. If they sign KD or Kawhi with that max slot, they have a pretty ferocious team.

And yes, that narrowly beats our "Josh Hart + Mo + picks" package that i've seen kicked around here lol.

Btw, have people seen Knox play this preseason? He might be pretty damn good. Better than anything we'd offer as long as Lonzo and BI aren't being included in deals (and yes, that includes Kuzma).

People here suggested Hart + Mo + picks for AD

I think most of us would gladly part with BI + Kuz + Hart + Couple 1sts for AD.

Some would give up the whole crew if necessary especially if we got Kawhi and KD
George W Buss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:17 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Judah wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
I don’t think anyone is gonna go to the Knicks until they start winning, and I highly doubt the Pelicans want anyone on the Knicks roster for AD unless the Knicks are willing to include there prized prospect Porgz, Knox isn’t close to the value AD seeks in a trade and Mitchell Robinson and Nitilikina will likely only be good role players so not enough value.

A lack of winning did not discourage Lebron from coming here. Also, I didn't know AD not only has the authority to approve trades for himself, but he will reject the trade if not enough value is going out. Thank you as always for the spectacular reporting.

I think he's saying that the Pelicans can find a better package for AD than one that's headlined by Knox.

It all depends on whether Boston would back down from "we're not resigning in Boston" threats.

But a package of Knox + Next year's Knicks pick (top 5, maybe top 3 if they win the lottery) plus a future pick + Ntilikina + Mitchell Robinson is a decent package. If they sign KD or Kawhi with that max slot, they have a pretty ferocious team.

And yes, that narrowly beats our "Josh Hart + Mo + picks" package that i've seen kicked around here lol.

Btw, have people seen Knox play this preseason? He might be pretty damn good. Better than anything we'd offer as long as Lonzo and BI aren't being included in deals (and yes, that includes Kuzma).

Some would give up the whole crew if necessary especially if we got Kawhi and KD

AD
LBJ
KD
KCP (or whoever)
Lonzo

Where do I sign?
Arbitrary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:18 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Arbitrary wrote:
IF Durant does come to our team next year, are we willing to give up ALL (probably) of our kids to S&T for Davis?

I feel like we're set if we get either Durant or Leonard next year.

I still haven't seen a coherent argument as to why Durant leaves the Warriors, leaving one of the greatest, if not THE greatest team of all time (or at least furthering that claim) AND giving up a ton of money to come here. If he's giving up all that, it's for his own legacy. What does playing Robin to Lebron, and once again not even being one of the Top 2 most revered players on the team by its own fans, do for him? So he can say he helped a different superstar win another title? How does that quell all the stuff said about him now?

Meanwhile, he goes to the Knicks or Clippers, he gets primary credit for any titles won. He becomes THE guy of that team. Even if they get AD later (same reason Lebron will get first credit if we sign another star--he got the ball rolling). And anyone saying the Clippers and Knicks aren't winning enough to attract him obviously spaced out on the last 5 years around here.

That's how I'm logically thinking about Durant coming over, but stranger things have happened recently. I've always thought that Leonard was the main goal, but I will regrettably pick Durant over him.

OT: Was Leonard's cost worse than George's? Granted, most people didn't think Oladipo would burst like he did post-trade.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:23 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Judah wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Giving up all three of those guys plus multiple firsts is an overpay IMO.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:25 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Arbitrary wrote:
IF Durant does come to our team next year, are we willing to give up ALL (probably) of our kids to S&T for Davis?

I still haven't seen a coherent argument as to why Durant leaves the Warriors, leaving one of the greatest, if not THE greatest team of all time (or at least furthering that claim) AND giving up a ton of money to come here. If he's giving up all that, it's for his own legacy. What does playing Robin to Lebron, and once again not even being one of the Top 2 most revered players on the team by its own fans, do for him? So he can say he helped a different superstar win another title? How does that quell all the stuff said about him now?

Meanwhile, he goes to the Knicks or Clippers, he gets primary credit for any titles won. He becomes THE guy of that team. Even if they get AD later (same reason Lebron will get first credit if we sign another star--he got the ball rolling). And anyone saying the Clippers and Knicks aren't winning enough to attract him obviously spaced out on the last 5 years around here.

I was pretty adamant in 2016 he wouldn't go to the Warriors. Joining the 73-win team that beat you? Just seemed totally implausible.

I don't think it's likely KD comes here, but I would say it's best not to rule anything out since he is clearly unpredictable.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:26 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
chantruong wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Judah wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

It may be but if we are serious in getting him we have to consider who we are competing against. No matter what Davis' camp says several teams will go after him. Definitely Boston, LA. NY, Philly. Even teams like Phoenix would could part with a lottery pick.
George W Buss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:29 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
Judah wrote:
chantruong wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Judah wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

It may be but if we are serious in getting him we have to consider who we are competing against. No matter what Davis' camp says several teams will go after him. Definitely Boston, LA. NY, Philly. Even teams like Phoenix would could part with a lottery pick.

Our picks will not (hopefully) be high picks for many years anyway
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:42 pm    Post subject:

George W Buss wrote:
chantruong wrote:
Judah wrote:
chantruong wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Judah wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

True but we do highly value our 1st round picks even if they are late. I think it played heavily in stretching Deng. Even if it took one 1st pick to get rid of Deng the FO would be hesitant. There's still way too much time to worry about these issues. We got a whole season on our hands
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:43 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
Judah wrote:
chantruong wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Judah wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Via trade or signing him as a free agent?
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:47 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
chantruong wrote:
Judah wrote:
chantruong wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Judah wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Via trade or signing him as a free agent?

I'm talking about a trade. Waiting for 2020 as a free agent would be least hurtful to the current roster even if it meant letting BI go. But we have to keep in mind Lebron's timeline. Even then, NY(Many bad contracts expire), Boston (Should have a max), Chicago, or nice teams with cap space will go after him.

Last edited by chantruong on Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:48 pm    Post subject:

George W Buss wrote:
chantruong wrote:
Judah wrote:
chantruong wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Judah wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

The picks will be low, but just giving them away as throw ins in a deal due to not valuing them is the same kind of thinking that led to the disastrous trades for Nash and Dwight. Picks are extremely valuable, especially firsts.
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:48 pm    Post subject:

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-pat-riley-called-tom-thibodeau-motherf-hung-jimmy-butler-talks-034719927.html

Lol i love Riles, always oldschool. Isnt Thibs from Riley coaching tree btw?
Arbitrary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:51 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
George W Buss wrote:
chantruong wrote:
Judah wrote:
chantruong wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Judah wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

The picks will be low, but just giving them away as throw ins in a deal due to not valuing them is the same kind of thinking that led to the disastrous trades for Nash and Dwight. Picks are extremely valuable, especially firsts.

Agree. Which is why I wanted to know your opinions if Kawhi cost more than George (not factoring post-trade Oladipo growth).
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:59 pm    Post subject:

Arbitrary wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Arbitrary wrote:

That's how I'm logically thinking about Durant coming over, but stranger things have happened recently. I've always thought that Leonard was the main goal, but I will regrettably pick Durant over him.

OT: Was Leonard's cost worse than George's? Granted, most people didn't think Oladipo would burst like he did post-trade.

Indy got raked by basically everyone after that trade. I think the harshest criticism of the kawhi trade was pretty fringe. Most people seemed to think it was a decent deal for the Spurs, all things edit.

OT: I don't think Kawhi is likely to come here, but I'd say likelier than Durant. Although there's rumors that Kawhi wouldn't want to play "under Lebron," if he gets his ass kicked in the ECF by the Celtics, maybe he reconsiders how good of a team he wants to be on. Then again, maybe he likes Toronto. I feel like people are underrating them. They might be really good.

Last edited by pjiddy on Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:01 am    Post subject:

KD won't help Lebron win more championships imo when he can easily overtake him in terms of chips and finals MVPs. If he does leave, I think he will team up with Porz and another star in NY. Don't think he will join a franchise like the Clippers normally, but who knows if there is a chance to team up with KL.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:01 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Arbitrary wrote:

You don't have to look any further than the fact that he didn't sign long-term there. If that was the place he saw himself for the next few years, he would have signed the 10+year maximum extension that he was eligible for. The owner was on record as saying that he could get whatever contract he wanted. You don't think it's telling that he chose a deal that he could get out of after 1 year? Just as LeBron wasn't willing to commit long-term, it's the same with Durant. It wasn't a happy locker room last season and there was far more drama than the public realizes, and the players even alluded to it.

I'd be genuinely shocked if he stayed there. The writing is on the wall, and the tea leaves are there to be read.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:09 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Arbitrary wrote:

You don't have to look any further than the fact that he didn't sign long-term there. If that was the place he saw himself for the next few years, he would have signed the 10+year maximum extension that he was eligible for. The owner was on record as saying that he could get whatever contract he wanted. You don't think it's telling that he chose a deal that he could get out of after 1 year? Just as LeBron wasn't willing to commit long-term, it's the same with Durant. It wasn't a happy locker room last season and there was far more drama than the public realizes, and the players even alluded to it.

I'd be genuinely shocked if he stayed there. The writing is on the wall, and the tea leaves are there to be read.

GSW doesn't get his bird rights until next season. Taking less money was necessary to resign Livingston and Iggy. With his bird rights in hand, GSW can go over the cap to give him a $220 mil supermax next season.

So for all he's given up already (about 10 million), he would've given up a lot more signing a max last season. Lol "genuinely shocked."
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:16 am    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
KD won't help Lebron win more championships imo when he can easily overtake him in terms of chips and finals MVPs. If he does leave, I think he will team up with Porz and another star in NY. Don't think he will join a franchise like the Clippers normally, but who knows if there is a chance to team up with KL.

Yeah, again, if KD leaves, it's to further his own personal legacy. He could leave GSW with 3 rings and think maybe he can win 2-3 more somewhere else, but this time as the man. 5-6 rings puts him in the Kobe/Jordan plane...and one ahead of Lebron (and winning with Lebron does nothing to close the gap). And if he can do it with the Knicks, the media bias alone puts him in a different discussion. The Clippers is a way less glamorous feather in his cap, but he'd still be the first guy to bring a title there.

And the Knicks don't have to trade for AD. In this day and age, there's a new disgruntled star every year (if not 2 o 3) and the Knicks will have the assets to get him.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:16 am    Post subject:

^
Yeah, that is true that he couldn't have gotten 5 years this summer. Still, though, you really think he's staying? I think he went there to make sure he won rings, so that he didn't have a legacy of a ringless superstar like Malone and Ewing and Barkley and the like. And now he's accomplished what he wanted. I think it would be one thing if he is truly happy there, but I don't think that he is.

I'm not saying the Lakers are the obvious place that he's going to go, to be clear. But I'll say it again: I'll be shocked if he stays.
HAWAIIGUY27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:23 am    Post subject:

Anyone opposed to bringing Nance Jr. back as our backup C next season?
Arbitrary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:36 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^
Yeah, that is true that he couldn't have gotten 5 years this summer. Still, though, you really think he's staying? I think he went there to make sure he won rings, so that he didn't have a legacy of a ringless superstar like Malone and Ewing and Barkley and the like. And now he's accomplished what he wanted. I think it would be one thing if he is truly happy there, but I don't think that he is.

I'm not saying the Lakers are the obvious place that he's going to go, to be clear. But I'll say it again: I'll be shocked if he stays.

Oh right. I do remember someone (West?) saying that they had bad internal drama going on last season after they won.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:36 am    Post subject:

HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:

No, but how and with what money?
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:41 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:

No, but how and with what money?

They un-retire his dad’s jersey for him. He not going anywhere but if Rondo/McGee works out well this season (so far looking good), once we sign our max, hope we can sign them with the MLE/mini MLE or whatever it’s called
SGVL1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:57 am    Post subject:

Palin wrote:
https://sports.yahoo.com/report-pat-riley-called-tom-thibodeau-motherf-hung-jimmy-butler-talks-034719927.html

Lol i love Riles, always oldschool. Isnt Thibs from Riley coaching tree btw?

doc Rivers’ tree
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:53 am    Post subject:

HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:

I know I know beggers can't be choosers. But Nance did not look good at the C spot last year.

I wouldn't be in favour of it. Surely if we get KD, there must be some ring chasing vet around who can play center. What about Channing Frye, he's available next year.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 111, 112, 113 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 112 of 8560
Jump to: