OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1123, 1124, 1125 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:54 am    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
Isn't this thread about possible trades and free agents. Why are there pages and pages about Dlo?

You tell me.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:05 am    Post subject:

Toronto gotta lose to sixers, Kawhi needs to head to off season ASAP
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:27 am    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
Isn't this thread about possible trades and free agents. Why are there pages and pages about Dlo?

Because there's a handful of LG.com posters who use the term "cuck" unironically?
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:33 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
200m? You do realize that it’s literally impossible for him to make that much off his next deal?

In the 14 years or so that I've been on this board, I've seen a lot of crazy things. From the aftermath of the Shaq trade, to the return of Phil, to the Colorado case, to the Lamar Odom wars, to the "I'd rather play on Pluto" summer, to the Chris Paul veto, and so on.

But I have never seen anything like the never ending D'Angelo Russell wars.

It's b/c people were after him from the second he was drafted, as "their" guy (Okafor or Mudiay) were not selected. The hate on the kid is literally insanity to me. The same type of insanity that led Magic to dump him (and then jump ship on the Lakers a year and half later himself, ironically after he showed no leadership).
This is true, they definitely have a hidden agenda. To be honest with you, a lot of the Ingram fans remind me of the Okafor fans. Not sure if a lot of them are the same, but they remind me of each other. The correlation between Okafor and Ingram is that their games are not ideal fits for today's NBA, and in BI'c case, specifically with Lebron. Yet, people fight tooth and nail with anybody that says anything negative about them, it' weird.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:39 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
This is true, they definitely have a hidden agenda. To be honest with you, a lot of the Ingram fans remind me of the Okafor fans. Not sure if a lot of them are the same, but they remind me of each other. The correlation between Okafor and Ingram is that their games are not ideal fits for today's NBA, and in BI'c case, specifically with Lebron. Yet, people fight tooth and nail with anybody that says anything negative about them, it' weird.

I've seen variations on this in the past. Lamar Odom, for example. The thing about Russell is that it just never seems to end. As the past few pages of this thread show, the people who hated Russell are still looking for vindication, and the people who loved Russell are still bitter.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:44 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
scoobs wrote:

I've seen variations on this in the past. Lamar Odom, for example. The thing about Russell is that it just never seems to end. As the past few pages of this thread show, the people who hated Russell are still looking for vindication, and the people who loved Russell are still bitter.

But that would be more appropriate in the General DLO thread or in the playoffs.

Not in this thread. We all know there's about a -5% chance he even bothers looking at the Lakers and vice versa.

So there is little utility in discussing all things DLO in here TBH.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:48 am    Post subject:

if we had a little more help on this Lakers team and had the Spur's seeding we could have easily went Nuggets-Blazers to then face Warriors in conf finals
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:50 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
scoobs wrote:

Well, the thing that really stings the most of not having Dlo anymore is the fact that this team was built with Lebron surrounding by a bunch of non shooters. Dlo has been a very good three point shooter since his rookie year, albeit his percentage dropped a little his second season, but he was high volume and was injured, taking shots at the buzzer, etc. Nonetheless, it was obvious that he was a terrific shooter and we could of really used somebody like that this season. Instead, we have Lebron surrounding by Ball (who at this point has an ugly, broken shot), BI (who prefers to slash and take midrange shots, is the ball that damn heavy for him ), McGee (who is not a shooter) and Kuz (who was our best 3 point shooter at 30%?, we previously only had a one year sample of his shooting at 35%, which is still not good enough to be your best three point shooter). That part really hurts.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:20 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
kobe8One wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
I wouldn’t mind going after Paul George if he becomes available, I still think he has a little bit of regret for choosing the Thunder over the Lakers.

No regrets. PG got more $$$ from OKC.

He could have made loads of money as a Laker especially if he ended up being in Space Jam 2, I still think he likes WB and OKC, but I think there is some small doubt on not coming home.

Trust me, there is never doubt about not returning to Palmdale
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:24 am    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
For what it's worth in Gilbert Arenas podcast he said he would bring back Ingram, Javale, Kuz and Hart. He said Ingram would be the first guy he brings back next to Lebron.

He said Lonzo brings defense but with Lebron they need scorers and his passing ability isn't as important. He said that only in the context of building around Lebron, and gave the same reason for not wanting Rondo back.

That doesn’t make sense, with Lebron’s refusal to play defense, you need players around him that can take up the slack. Lonzo and Ingram make sense l, Kuzma does not.
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:24 am    Post subject:

DLO isn't a shooter. The guy just averaged under 35% for an entire series. He shot under 43% for the season. And i was far from a DLO hater during his stint here. I was one of his biggest advocates. I just think its hilarious how many people slated the Lakers when he had a stretch of a couple months playing well. FUK THAT. Lakers get dissed enough as it is, but not for DLO's inefficient ass.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:25 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Japago wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
I wouldn’t mind going after Paul George if he becomes available, I still think he has a little bit of regret for choosing the Thunder over the Lakers.

I'm gonna guess they just ride it out. They'll say all the right things, and try to get better role players around Russ and PG13. I doubt they get good enough to compete though.

If they were cold-blooded, they should consider moving Westbrook. He's really talented, I think it's hard to win in the postseason with his game. He's not a good shooter, but he keeps shooting.

I would absolutely trade for Paul George though if he's available. The guy was a top 5 MVP candidate for most of the season. He played like a legitimate superstar for that stretch.

At some point they need to dismantle this team.

Adams at 25m/year is insane. Dennis at close to 17-18m/year is insane.

I always thought the "Blake Griffin" threat existed for PG, where he'd be traded.

Not every organization is as cheap as the Lakers
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:26 am    Post subject:

Japago wrote:
To be fair, D'Lo fans kept bringing up all of his best games during the regular season. So, I don't mind non-fans bringing up his worst moments also to balance out the conversation.

He's good, not great. He's a volume scorer with very good passing. He needs the ball in his hands and a lot of shots. I have big concerns with that. I question whether he can thrive next to another star who will take the ball out of his hands and take his shots. IIRC, he played his best when Dinwiddie and Levert were injured. He really relies on getting on a hot streak. With less shots, he'll never get on those streaks.

If you bring up his bad streaks, you'll get called petty and "this is why people clown on Lakers"

You could put DJ Augustin on the nets, give him 20+shots and he'll give you 20/4 on 43% at least. Except DJ Augustin wouldnt get the max for 160 milly.
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:42 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
scoobs wrote:

Well, the thing that really stings the most of not having Dlo anymore is the fact that this team was built with Lebron surrounding by a bunch of non shooters. Dlo has been a very good three point shooter since his rookie year, albeit his percentage dropped a little his second season, but he was high volume and was injured, taking shots at the buzzer, etc. Nonetheless, it was obvious that he was a terrific shooter and we could of really used somebody like that this season. Instead, we have Lebron surrounding by Ball (who at this point has an ugly, broken shot), BI (who prefers to slash and take midrange shots, is the ball that damn heavy for him ), McGee (who is not a shooter) and Kuz (who was our best 3 point shooter at 30%?, we previously only had a one year sample of his shooting at 35%, which is still not good enough to be your best three point shooter). That part really hurts.

Oh come on. Dlo has been in the league for four seasons now. His career 3pt% is .353. The league average over those years is .357.

Even if you exclude his first year, or his first two years, he is still shooting under league average (.354 with first year excluded, .355 with first two years excluded.)

And in his first playoff series, he shot .324 from the 3.

If the goal is to surround Lebron with shooters, Dlo is not the answer.
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:44 am    Post subject:

Dont forget that any shooter that comes to LA'a limelight also decreases his % further more. I can't imagine how much hate DLO would get playing with us NOW. It would be arguably even worse.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:54 am    Post subject:

DLO who?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:57 am    Post subject:

Still talkin' about him?
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:12 am    Post subject:

I've never understood the Cult of DLO.

Compare Randle and DLO's stats for this year. One is considered an AllStar...the other was on the trade-block in December.

Eye of the beholder, I guess.

One thing for sure is if you're the #1 option for a playoff team and you wilt in an elimination game, you deserve every bit of criticism you get for the entire offseason.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:13 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Still talkin' about him?

no idea why we keep talking about him. time to move on
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:21 am    Post subject:

Its a forum guys...in a Free Agency discussion. He's allowed to be talked about. But I get it, its redundant. I personally just wanted to defend my team after all the slate it got over the last few months. Cheers brothers!
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:24 am    Post subject:

In my discussion with VLF that wasn’t even anti-DLO, Yin called me out and said “some people can’t get over not drafting Okafor or Mudiay” (which isn’t true since DLO was my guy months before the draft).

I’m gonna wait GOT style and put words in your mouth someday Yin! You won’t realize what just hit you and I’ll just reply with, “The North remembers.” 😝😂😂😂
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:36 am    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:

Compare Randle and DLO's stats for this year. One is considered an AllStar...the other was on the trade-block in December.

One thing for sure is if you're the #1 option for a playoff team and you wilt in an elimination game, you deserve every bit of criticism you get for the entire offseason.

It's funny b/c the people who don't like him keep on bringing him up here?
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:42 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:

I was a huge DLO fan when he was with us
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:46 am    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:

I was a huge DLO fan when he was with us

Do you like him now? Of course not.

Do you think he's signing here as a FREE AGENT (thread title)? Of course not.

But should we use the FREE AGENCY thread to trash him? Why, of course.

Trash him in the playoff or DLO thread. No need to trash it up in here when we all know there is a -500% chance he even considers us.

It's literally derailing this thread.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:47 am    Post subject:

Hypothetical: would you rather have Lillard or Davis as Lebron's "sidekick?"
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1123, 1124, 1125 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 1124 of 8560
Jump to: