OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1128, 1129, 1130 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:47 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Clippers are going to get Kawhi. And maybe even KD. It's just too sexy of a destination right now. It's that Jerry West magic.

The only 2 guys I see us having a chance at are Butler and Kyrie

KD said he wants to earn as much money as he wants.

He can't do that playing in LA under LeBron & Lakers shadow

He might, he should have easier time capturing Kobe's global Lakers fans than LeBron
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:50 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Clippers are going to get Kawhi. And maybe even KD. It's just too sexy of a destination right now. It's that Jerry West magic.

He might, he should have easier time capturing Kobe's global Lakers fans than LeBron

Ya the hard core Kobe fans are becoming soft tissue KD fans

Good luck
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:53 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
governator wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Good luck

Eh, LeBron is seen as Kobe's comp. KD will be seen as his successor
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:55 am    Post subject:

AirKobe8 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

KL and KD...LMAO!

I don't think they get two max guys, but I could see them getting Kawhi and then gathering enough for an AD package maybe?

I think Lakers, Celtics and Knicks can potentially put together better packages for him, but who knows what each one can actually offer.

Either way, Clippers are indeed in great position. I just think guys like Beverly and Lou are at their absolute peak right now and their decline will be a steep (and soon) one. Gallinari is always a question mark but he's definitely not on their future.

Harrell, Shai, Zu, Shamet are studs though, and a great nucleus to have around Kawhi, Very complementary to him.

Yeah there nice but I'll take a healthy Zo over Shai, BI over Shamet and Kuz over Harrell any day of the week.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:55 am    Post subject:

to the contrary, i see less chance KL signs with Clippers if they go past GSW in the first round. if the Clippers actually accomplish that feat, it'll be the biggest 1st round upset in the NBA history. i can see pauses from KL going to that team came off a historic run.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:57 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
governator wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Good luck

Seen by who, u?
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:01 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Car54 wrote:
I’m hoping the Lakers can get Kawhi but if we don’t we should get Lebron type of role players. Two of the guys I think fit that description is Beverly and Harris. Both play defense and can knock down 3s. Of course the names Kawhi Kyrie and KD sound sexier. These are the types of guys Magic should have gotten because they fit the description he gave.

Beverly 10 mill
Lonzo
Lebron
Tobias 28 mill
Lopez MLE

Bench

Caruso
Bullock
Ingram
Kuzma
McGee

I think we need to give up on Lopez. He was treated poorly here and is in a perfect situation now. Besides that I like your idea. Vucevic could be another good option with the Harris money too and then get another lower level wing with the Lopez money and start Kuz or Ingram.

You’re right but I know how awesome he would be with Lebron
VocabuLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:22 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:

So you are buying the Media BS

The media has no idea, just like last year when the media said "No way LeBron goes to the Lakers"
Hmmmm what happened? Did LeBron go to the Clippers, 76rs, Rockets?
Any article having to do with free agents is purely click bait.
Once it comes out other reporters start saying the same thing to steal some of the click bait from the original article.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:23 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
governator wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
governator wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Good luck

Seen by who, u?

yeah of course, aren't we arguing our opinions lol
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:27 am    Post subject:

Anyone who joins the clippers is basically signing up for a contract of irrelevancy. Basically career suicide. Not from a basketball standpoint, but from a branding standpoint. Even in la, clippers could win a championship and most of the city would barely bat an eye. La is Lakers town. Always has and always will be. Joining the clippers over Lakers is like choosing to star in an independent movie over a marvel or star wars film. It's the difference between being Jean Dujardin vs being Chris Hemsworth. Jean Dujardin won best actor in 2011 in The Artist, while Chris Hemsworth is Thor from the marvel movies. I think if you ask the average person whom they most recognize by name, chris Hemsworth wins by a landslide. Joining the Lakers even at it's current state can change your whole career and life. You think d'angelo Russell or julius Randle would be half as talked about even now if they hadn't been drafted by the Lakers? Robert horry for example has 7 championships and if you ask the common sports fan I think most associate him with the Lakers and I'd bet many couldn't tell you the other two teams he won a championships with.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:30 am    Post subject:

Vucevic averaged 12 points on 37% shooting during his playoff series.

Kanter averaged 13 points on 55% shooting during his.

I'm not advocating signing Kanter over Vucevic necessarily, but I am advocating caution committing that much money to someone who didn't show up during the playoffs... when you might pick up someone else for much less.

Vucevic is a talented player and a good fit for our team... but that performance soured me on a large contract... as did DLO's play as well.

It could be a case where both just had a bad series... but what we will need next year are finding players who won't wilt under the pressure.

At any rate, food for thought.
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:34 am    Post subject:

Vuc would get ripped apart here and he's going to get paid. Terrible choice. Also he was irrelevent in the playoffs.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:35 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:

I'm not advocating signing Kanter over Vucevic necessarily, but I am advocating caution committing that much money to someone who didn't show up during the playoffs... when you might pick up someone else for much less.

Vucevic is a talented player and a good fit for our team... but that performance soured me on a large contract... as did DLO's play as well.

It could be a case where both just had a bad series... but what we will need next year are finding players who won't wilt under the pressure.

Vucevic went against a former DPOY Kanter went against Adams. Different situations
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:35 am    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
Vuc would get ripped apart here and he's going to get paid. Terrible choice. Also he was irrelevent in the playoffs.

Your mom.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:39 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

He didn’t move his business interests to NY so he could play in LA either.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:42 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Car54 wrote:
I’m hoping the Lakers can get Kawhi but if we don’t we should get Lebron type of role players. Two of the guys I think fit that description is Beverly and Harris. Both play defense and can knock down 3s. Of course the names Kawhi Kyrie and KD sound sexier. These are the types of guys Magic should have gotten because they fit the description he gave.

Beverly 10 mill
Lonzo
Lebron
Tobias 28 mill
Lopez MLE

Bench

Caruso
Bullock
Ingram
Kuzma
McGee

I think we need to give up on Lopez. He was treated poorly here and is in a perfect situation now. Besides that I like your idea. Vucevic could be another good option with the Harris money too and then get another lower level wing with the Lopez money and start Kuz or Ingram.

And give up on the idea of Harris making less than the max.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:45 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Vucevic went against a former DPOY Kanter went against Adams. Different situations

Kanter can’t shoot, Vucevic can and was a far superior player in the regular season. I think Vucevic is a considerably better defender but I don’t watch the Magic a ton. I’m not gonna put a lot of stock in 5 games when we have 82 others to look at. I’m not opposed to Kanter but I don’t think there’s much of a comparison between the two.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:46 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Car54 wrote:

Beverly 10 mill
Lonzo
Lebron
Tobias 28 mill
Lopez MLE

Bench

Caruso
Bullock
Ingram
Kuzma
McGee

And give up on the idea of Harris making less than the max.

You’re that confident he’ll get a max? I think a multi year deal at 28 will be enticing for him.
az82187
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:46 am    Post subject:

How about trading Wagner and this year’s lottery pick for Sabonis?

Then sign Kawhi (Option A) or Klay (Option B) or Kyrie (Option C) or Butler (Option D).

1-4: Lozo, BI, Lebron and one of the above mentioned free agents (position-less basketball)
5: Sabonis

There would be about 7.5mm cap space left over plus the room exception. That should be enough to get a couple big bodies for the bench (lets say McGee and Monroe), a wing shooter (lets say Korver), and a backup PG (lets say Seth).

Bench: Seth, Caruso, Hart, Korver, Bonga, Kuzma, McGee and Monroe.

The right coach makes that team a contender.

Last edited by az82187 on Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:49 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:

Both Vucevic and DLO now have playoff experience. Just saying...
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:49 am    Post subject:

az82187 wrote:

Then sign Kawhi (Option A) or Klay (Option B) or Kyrie Irving (Option C) or Jimmy Butler (Option D).

1-4: Lozo, BI, Lebron and one of the above mentioned free agents (position-less basketball)

There would be about 7.5mm cap space left over plus the room exception. That should be enough to get a couple big bodies for the bench (lets say McGee and Monroe), a wing shooter (lets say Korver), and a backup PG (lets say Seth).

I doubt the pacers would make that trade.
monster_montego
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:50 am    Post subject:

Lakers_Jester wrote:
Anyone who joins the clippers is basically signing up for a contract of irrelevancy. Basically career suicide. Not from a basketball standpoint, but from a branding standpoint. Even in la, clippers could win a championship and most of the city would barely bat an eye. La is Lakers town. Always has and always will be. Joining the clippers over Lakers is like choosing to star in an independent movie over a marvel or star wars film. It's the difference between being Jean Dujardin vs being Chris Hemsworth. Jean Dujardin won best actor in 2011 in The Artist, while Chris Hemsworth is Thor from the marvel movies. I think if you ask the average person whom they most recognize by name, chris Hemsworth wins by a landslide. Joining the Lakers even at it's current state can change your whole career and life. You think d'angelo Russell or julius Randle would be half as talked about even now if they hadn't been drafted by the Lakers? Robert horry for example has 7 championships and if you ask the common sports fan I think most associate him with the Lakers and I'd bet many couldn't tell you the other two teams he won a championships with.

WORD
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:51 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Kanter can’t shoot, Vucevic can and was a far superior player in the regular season. I think Vucevic is a considerably better defender but I don’t watch the Magic a ton. I’m not gonna put a lot of stock in 5 games when we have 82 others to look at. I’m not opposed to Kanter but I don’t think there’s much of a comparison between the two.

At the same price, of course Vucevic is superior.

The issue is whether you get someone like Kanter for a Brook like price vs. paying 25 million for Vucevic.

I'm also afraid we will panic and overpay for McGee

The failure to sign Brook when he wanted to play here makes me sick to my stomach. I can't stop thinking about it when I think of the Lakers.
az82187
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:53 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
az82187 wrote:

Then sign Kawhi (Option A) or Klay (Option B) or Kyrie Irving (Option C) or Jimmy Butler (Option D).

It’s either trade him or trade Turner or sign him to a contract that is similar to Turner’s. If you choose to keep both he and Turner you are investing more than a third of your cap into the center position. Not an idea situation either.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:02 am    Post subject:

az82187 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
az82187 wrote:

It’s either trade him or trade Turner or sign him to a contract that is similar to Turner’s. If you choose to keep both he and Turner you are investing more than a third of your cap into the center position. Not an idea situation either.

Even if they want to trade him I think they get a better deal unless our lottery pick ends up better than expected
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1128, 1129, 1130 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 1129 of 8560
Jump to: