OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1129, 1130, 1131 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gepetto
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:04 am    Post subject:

Random thought:

What about trading for Gallo & a pick (sixers 1st rounder?)into our cap space if we think we are going to whiff on all the true top tier free agents? Gets us another asset to send out for AD or another star, puts a very good shooter on the perimeter for LeBron and still leaves us roughly 17 million in cap space for better-than-MLE players -Vucevic? Bogdanovic? somebody solid will be available at that salary level.

Does the Laker home run or complete failure mentality preclude the idea of a series of base hits to set up a big trade in the late summer? Can we be that smart & patient if Durant, Kawhi & Thompson are out of the picture for us?
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:11 am    Post subject:

Gepetto wrote:
Random thought:

What about trading for Gallo & a pick (sixers 1st rounder?)into our cap space if we think we are going to whiff on all the true top tier free agents? Gets us another asset to send out for AD or another star, puts a very good shooter on the perimeter for LeBron and still leaves us roughly 17 million in cap space for better-than-MLE players -Vucevic? Bogdanovic? somebody solid will be available at that salary level.

Does the Laker home run or complete failure mentality preclude the idea of a series of base hits to set up a big trade in the late summer? Can we be that smart & patient if Durant, Kawhi & Thompson are out of the picture for us?

while i like ur idea, i dont think rob is so creative.

he will give contracts to same garbage players like Rondo, KCP and run it back
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:15 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
I’m hoping the Lakers can get Kawhi but if we don’t we should get Lebron type of role players. Two of the guys I think fit that description is Beverly and Harris. Both play defense and can knock down 3s. Of course the names Kawhi Kyrie and KD sound sexier. These are the types of guys Magic should have gotten because they fit the description he gave.

Beverly 10 mill
Lonzo
Lebron
Tobias 28 mill
Lopez MLE

Bench

Caruso
Bullock
Ingram
Kuzma
McGee

That would be nice, but, I would expect that Harris is getting full max. There are too many teams with cap space and not enough top tier players to take all of the money. Same reason Vuc will be overpaid.
Gepetto
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:18 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Gepetto wrote:
Random thought:

while i like ur idea, i dont think rob is so creative.

he will give contracts to same garbage players like Rondo, KCP and run it back

::prays for a new PBO::

Sadly, I think you're correct. Or we end up with Butler instead of a team that makes sense.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:25 am    Post subject:

Rek wrote:
Car54 wrote:
I’m hoping the Lakers can get Kawhi but if we don’t we should get Lebron type of role players. Two of the guys I think fit that description is Beverly and Harris. Both play defense and can knock down 3s. Of course the names Kawhi Kyrie and KD sound sexier. These are the types of guys Magic should have gotten because they fit the description he gave.

Beverly 10 mill
Lonzo
Lebron
Tobias 28 mill
Lopez MLE

Bench

Caruso
Bullock
Ingram
Kuzma
McGee

That would be nice, but, I would expect that Harris is getting full max. There are too many teams with cap space and not enough top tier players to take all of the money. Same reason Vuc will be overpaid.

If we depart from the max FA plan (for whatever reason), Beverly and Danny Green are the 2 guys I'd target heavily. I've been wanting PB for years and Green is the perfect 2 guard for what we'd have.

Beverly- 2/$20 or 3/$30
Green- 3/$45
Dedmon- 2/$12
Ariza- 2/$6
Ellington- 1/$3

Resign Caruso

Trade 11th, Wagner for Sabonis

Sabonis | Dedmon
LeBron | Kuzma
Ingram | Ariza | Ellington
Green | Hart
Lonzo | Beverly | Caruso

That team could be really tough to beat and IMO the young guys will look a lot better with having guys like Beverly and Green there. Eventually, AD gets moved at the deadline and we've got more attractive pieces and a team full of vets after we trade for him who can get the job done.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:31 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Rek wrote:
Car54 wrote:

Beverly 10 mill
Lonzo
Lebron
Tobias 28 mill
Lopez MLE

Bench

Caruso
Bullock
Ingram
Kuzma
McGee

If we depart from the max FA plan (for whatever reason), Beverly and Danny Green are the 2 guys I'd target heavily. I've been wanting PB for years and Green is the perfect 2 guard for what we'd have.

Beverly- 2/$20 or 3/$30
Green- 3/$45
Dedmon- 2/$12
Ariza- 2/$6
Ellington- 1/$3

Resign Caruso

Sabonis | Dedmon
LeBron | Kuzma
Green | Hart
Lonzo | Beverly | Caruso

That team could be really tough to beat and IMO the young guys will look a lot better with having guys like Beverly and Green there. Eventually, AD gets moved at the deadline and we've got more attractive pieces and a team full of vets after we trade for him who can get the job done.

obviously you put lot of effort in this post.

you think Rob is going to do the same? i think its Rondo, KCP and go at it again.

not 1 signing of theirs have any meaning other then signing washed up players
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:33 am    Post subject:

monster_montego wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:
Anyone who joins the clippers is basically signing up for a contract of irrelevancy. Basically career suicide. Not from a basketball standpoint, but from a branding standpoint. Even in la, clippers could win a championship and most of the city would barely bat an eye. La is Lakers town. Always has and always will be. Joining the clippers over Lakers is like choosing to star in an independent movie over a marvel or star wars film. It's the difference between being Jean Dujardin vs being Chris Hemsworth. Jean Dujardin won best actor in 2011 in The Artist, while Chris Hemsworth is Thor from the marvel movies. I think if you ask the average person whom they most recognize by name, chris Hemsworth wins by a landslide. Joining the Lakers even at it's current state can change your whole career and life. You think d'angelo Russell or julius Randle would be half as talked about even now if they hadn't been drafted by the Lakers? Robert horry for example has 7 championships and if you ask the common sports fan I think most associate him with the Lakers and I'd bet many couldn't tell you the other two teams he won a championships with.

WORD

Spitting Facts
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:38 am    Post subject:

Vucevic was a non factor vs Toronto in the playoffs. He's a good player at the right price. But to add him with a max slot is silly. Khem Birch played better than him and was more of a factor in my opinion because of his athleticism.

Lakers need to pay McGee what he wants. He should be are starting center next season.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:42 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Car54 wrote:

Beverly 10 mill
Lonzo
Lebron
Tobias 28 mill
Lopez MLE

Bench

Caruso
Bullock
Ingram
Kuzma
McGee

I think we need to give up on Lopez. He was treated poorly here and is in a perfect situation now. Besides that I like your idea. Vucevic could be another good option with the Harris money too and then get another lower level wing with the Lopez money and start Kuz or Ingram.

And give up on the idea of Harris making less than the max.

Agreed. Tobias is resigning with the Sixers...Butler is much more realistic.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:49 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Rek wrote:
Car54 wrote:

Beverly 10 mill
Lonzo
Lebron
Tobias 28 mill
Lopez MLE

Bench

Caruso
Bullock
Ingram
Kuzma
McGee

Beverly- 2/$20 or 3/$30
Green- 3/$45
Dedmon- 2/$12
Ariza- 2/$6
Ellington- 1/$3

Resign Caruso

Sabonis | Dedmon
LeBron | Kuzma
Green | Hart
Lonzo | Beverly | Caruso

That's an absolute disaster...and I wouldn't be surprised if Bron demanded a trade if that happened. If you don't get a top guy you better go after Bogdonavic.

Bogdonavic / Carroll or Ariza
Bron / Kuz
McGee Dedmon
Zo / Caruso
BI / Hart / Alec Burks

But the preference of course is top FA including Butler.
az82187
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:19 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
az82187 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
az82187 wrote:
How about trading Wagner and this year’s lottery pick for Sabonis?

Then sign Kawhi (Option A) or Klay (Option B) or Kyrie Irving (Option C) or Jimmy Butler (Option D).

1-4: Lozo, BI, Lebron and one of the above mentioned free agents (position-less basketball)
5: Sabonis

There would be about 7.5mm cap space left over plus the room exception. That should be enough to get a couple big bodies for the bench (lets say McGee and Monroe), a wing shooter (lets say Korver), and a backup PG (lets say Seth).

Bench: Seth, Caruso, Hart, Korver, Bonga, Kuzma, McGee and Monroe.

The right coach makes that team a contender.

I doubt the pacers would make that trade.

It’s either trade him or trade Turner or sign him to a contract that is similar to Turner’s. If you choose to keep both he and Turner you are investing more than a third of your cap into the center position. Not an idea situation either.

Even if they want to trade him I think they get a better deal unless our lottery pick ends up better than expected

That may be true. But the fact remains that the pacers should consider moving off from either Sabonis or Turner. The compensation coming back depends on negotiations.

If we throw in a future #1 then they would have to consider it.

A lottery pick, Wagner and a future #1 for Sabonis is a competitive offer.
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:26 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
2019 wrote:
Rek wrote:
Car54 wrote:

Beverly 10 mill
Lonzo
Lebron
Tobias 28 mill
Lopez MLE

Bench

Caruso
Bullock
Ingram
Kuzma
McGee

Beverly- 2/$20 or 3/$30
Green- 3/$45
Dedmon- 2/$12
Ariza- 2/$6
Ellington- 1/$3

Resign Caruso

Sabonis | Dedmon
LeBron | Kuzma
Green | Hart
Lonzo | Beverly | Caruso

That's an absolute disaster...and I wouldn't be surprised if Bron demanded a trade if that happened. If you don't get a top guy you better go after Bogdonavic.

Bron / Kuz
McGee Dedmon
Zo / Caruso
BI / Hart / Alec Burks

I really believe we have a good shot at Kawhi and possibly Kyrie. KD and Klay seem a little more out of reach.

If we miss on these four, we should target Jimmy Butler. He has been put into more of a distributing 3rd option type role but when he feels the need to take over, he can still get buckets and lock down. He was second on the Sixers in net rating behind Embiid in the regular season. Last year he had a +10 net rating with Minny which is elite territory. Plus, he's a natural wing that would bring toughness. He had issues with the Minny young guys but not the ones on the Sixers. I don't see him being a distraction but a mentor to BI. His 4 year deal would end right around when Lebron probably exits the game for good. He's the B tier version of Kawhi.

Disclaimer: This is OPTION B.

Option C is to sign Lebron type role players.
bluehill
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:40 am    Post subject:

textbook wrote:
monster_montego wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:
Anyone who joins the clippers is basically signing up for a contract of irrelevancy. Basically career suicide. Not from a basketball standpoint, but from a branding standpoint. Even in la, clippers could win a championship and most of the city would barely bat an eye. La is Lakers town. Always has and always will be. Joining the clippers over Lakers is like choosing to star in an independent movie over a marvel or star wars film. It's the difference between being Jean Dujardin vs being Chris Hemsworth. Jean Dujardin won best actor in 2011 in The Artist, while Chris Hemsworth is Thor from the marvel movies. I think if you ask the average person whom they most recognize by name, chris Hemsworth wins by a landslide. Joining the Lakers even at it's current state can change your whole career and life. You think d'angelo Russell or julius Randle would be half as talked about even now if they hadn't been drafted by the Lakers? Robert horry for example has 7 championships and if you ask the common sports fan I think most associate him with the Lakers and I'd bet many couldn't tell you the other two teams he won a championships with.

WORD

Spitting Facts

TBH right now I would prefer someone that's more interested in basketball than branding. LeBron and Jeanie already got that covered.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:40 am    Post subject:

this is why we need a legit President/GM in place so bad... someone wise enough to know there are some less than Max options out there who can make the Lakers a better team than just throwing a max contract on a guy like Kemba.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:51 am    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
King Randle wrote:
2019 wrote:
Rek wrote:
Car54 wrote:

Beverly 10 mill
Lonzo
Lebron
Tobias 28 mill
Lopez MLE

Bench

Caruso
Bullock
Ingram
Kuzma
McGee

Beverly- 2/$20 or 3/$30
Green- 3/$45
Dedmon- 2/$12
Ariza- 2/$6
Ellington- 1/$3

Resign Caruso

Sabonis | Dedmon
LeBron | Kuzma
Green | Hart
Lonzo | Beverly | Caruso

Bron / Kuz
McGee Dedmon
Zo / Caruso
BI / Hart / Alec Burks

I really believe we have a good shot at Kawhi and possibly Kyrie. KD and Klay seem a little more out of reach.

If we miss on these four, we should target Jimmy Butler. He has been put into more of a distributing 3rd option type role but when he feels the need to take over, he can still get buckets and lock down. He was second on the Sixers in net rating behind Embiid in the regular season. Last year he had a +10 net rating with Minny which is elite territory. Plus, he's a natural wing that would bring toughness. He had issues with the Minny young guys but not the ones on the Sixers. I don't see him being a distraction but a mentor to BI. His 4 year deal would end right around when Lebron probably exits the game for good. He's the B tier version of Kawhi.

Agreed except you said KL and Kyrie...do you mean KL or Kyrie?
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:00 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
King Randle wrote:
2019 wrote:
Rek wrote:
Car54 wrote:

Beverly 10 mill
Lonzo
Lebron
Tobias 28 mill
Lopez MLE

Bench

Caruso
Bullock
Ingram
Kuzma
McGee

Beverly- 2/$20 or 3/$30
Green- 3/$45
Dedmon- 2/$12
Ariza- 2/$6
Ellington- 1/$3

Resign Caruso

Sabonis | Dedmon
LeBron | Kuzma
Green | Hart
Lonzo | Beverly | Caruso

Bron / Kuz
McGee Dedmon
Zo / Caruso
BI / Hart / Alec Burks

Agreed except you said KL and Kyrie...do you mean KL or Kyrie?

Yup, that's what I meant. One of the two.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:02 am    Post subject:

Gepetto wrote:
Random thought:

Something like adding Gallo and Mirotic.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:04 am    Post subject:

Man ... all the free agents are killin it this post season. I think we land a great player regardless. Klay Kyrie KD Kawhi ... Brow wants to be here... we have draft assets and a max slot. We have a chance for a coach with an actual system. Bye bye aging vets. And we got a youthful core Mo Zo BI Kuz Hart. We got scrappy players with something to prove like Caruso and Bonga. We have loads of talent and a hunger to push for a memorable season. We’ve been through the fire. We’ve been humiliated. We’ve seen the worst. And here we are at the precipice. Lakernation. We are a proud franchise. We don’t quit. This is going to be a fun off season. We just need to draft shooters - and this draft has a plethora of them. We can defend with the best of them. Do not believe the media vultures. You’ve seen every game, and you know what we are capable of. Believe in it, because you already know - if we make it to the dance, we will kill it.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:06 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Car54 wrote:

Beverly 10 mill
Lonzo
Lebron
Tobias 28 mill
Lopez MLE

Bench

Caruso
Bullock
Ingram
Kuzma
McGee

I think we need to give up on Lopez. He was treated poorly here and is in a perfect situation now. Besides that I like your idea. Vucevic could be another good option with the Harris money too and then get another lower level wing with the Lopez money and start Kuz or Ingram.

And give up on the idea of Harris making less than the max.

Agreed. Tobias is resigning with the Sixers...Butler is much more realistic.

Agree with that, and I’m not as afraid of signing Butler as some here seem to be.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:09 am    Post subject:

My concern is not Butler’s skill. It’s the max money we will have to compensate him.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:12 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
to the contrary, i see less chance KL signs with Clippers if they go past GSW in the first round. if the Clippers actually accomplish that feat, it'll be the biggest 1st round upset in the NBA history. i can see pauses from KL going to that team came off a historic run.

KD joined a 73-9 team who was a nut punch away from winning the finals. Kawhi is going to do what he wants to do.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:14 am    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
My concern is not Butler’s skill. It’s the max money we will have to compensate him.

You have to pay to play.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:16 am    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:

Butler will compete, but he should really be the third star at his age next season. If we sign him, we need one or two of the kids to pop. Also, is the remaining 7m dollars enough money to sign legit role players? I don’t have a problem with teams paying players (except Kobe’s dumb contract), but this team needs role players as well.
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:22 am    Post subject:

I'm not worried about Butler's age. He'll be 30 next year. We're on a 3-year plan right now to maximize LeBron's contract. I don't think Butler is going to fall off a cliff for a couple more years.

He wouldn't be my first choice, but we could do worse.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:26 am    Post subject:

Username wrote:
I'm not worried about Butler's age. He'll be 30 next year. We're on a 3-year plan right now to maximize LeBron's contract. I don't think Butler is going to fall off a cliff for a couple more years.

He wouldn't be my first choice, but we could do worse.

At the very least, he’ll compete every night and hold the young guys accountable. It’ll only make them better, since our young guys are pretty tough, especially Ingram. He exposed KAT and Wiggins.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1129, 1130, 1131 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 1130 of 8560
Jump to: