OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1291, 1292, 1293 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 3:37 pm    Post subject:

HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:
I’m a Lonzo fan.... but if CHI is as enamored with him as the leaked reports say they are, how about Zo and Bonga for the #7 and Kris Dunn, then signing Brogdon and Klay/Kawhi/Middleton this summer?

Brogdon/Dunn/Caruso
Klay/Hart/Vet. Min
Ingram/Hunter(#4)
LeBron/Kuzma/Vet. Min
McGee/Hayes (#7)/Chandler

We’d have elite backcourt shooting and STILL have #4 and #7 as trade assets or future rotational pieces? We’d keep our flexibility for an AD deadline trade (Ingram, Hunter, Hayes, Kuzma, Hart, future picks) or sign him outright in 2020 when we can go over the cap to re-sign LeBron. Kuz and Hart are still cost-controlled through 2021.

so lakers like. throwing away zubac cause they can sign DJ/kanter

what happens when bucks match Brogdon and klay stays with the warriors?

with lebron u need to win now. not add lotto picks

and oh ya, Dunn is a bust
HAWAIIGUY27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 3:49 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:
I’m a Lonzo fan.... but if CHI is as enamored with him as the leaked reports say they are, how about Zo and Bonga for the #7 and Kris Dunn, then signing Brogdon and Klay/Kawhi/Middleton this summer?

Brogdon/Dunn/Caruso
Klay/Hart/Vet. Min
Ingram/Hunter(#4)
LeBron/Kuzma/Vet. Min

We’d have elite backcourt shooting and STILL have #4 and #7 as trade assets or future rotational pieces? We’d keep our flexibility for an AD deadline trade (Ingram, Hunter, Hayes, Kuzma, Hart, future picks) or sign him outright in 2020 when we can go over the cap to re-sign LeBron. Kuz and Hart are still cost-controlled through 2021.

Dunn will be on a contract year next season so we could see him extra motivated, or we could deal him at the deadline, or just let him walk. Plus he makes ~$3M less than Lonzo this coming season which we can add toward free agency.

MIL may very well match for Brogdon, but he’s coming off the bench right now they did already extended Bledsoe. And I think they’d prioritize extending Middleton over Brogdon. He’d be an excellent fit next to LeBron IMO (a la Chalmers, Mo Williams).

Of course we’d have to get lucky with Klay, but I’m sure we’ll also offer Kawhi, Middleton, Butler. Brogdon-Butler-Ingram-LeBron-McGee is still a championship roster IMO, especially if KD goes East. Redick also wouldn’t be a bad consolation.
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 3:53 pm    Post subject:

I'd pass on dunn....I don't think its a foregone conclusion we trade the pick....we can add youthful talent AND upgrade in FA....a lot of variables
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 3:59 pm    Post subject:

Brogdon at 12-14 million a year would be a nice get.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 4:06 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:

I think Bucks will prioritize bringing back both Middleton and Brogdon, so if we want 1 of there good players we likely have to Choose either Mirotic or Lopez who are more likely to leave in FA.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 4:07 pm    Post subject:

HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:

Brogdon/Dunn/Caruso
Klay/Hart/Vet. Min
Ingram/Hunter(#4)
LeBron/Kuzma/Vet. Min

Dunn will be on a contract year next season so we could see him extra motivated, or we could deal him at the deadline, or just let him walk. Plus he makes ~$3M less than Lonzo this coming season which we can add toward free agency.

MIL may very well match for Brogdon, but he’s coming off the bench right now they did already extended Bledsoe. And I think they’d prioritize extending Middleton over Brogdon. He’d be an excellent fit next to LeBron IMO (a la Chalmers, Mo Williams).

Of course we’d have to get lucky with Klay, but I’m sure we’ll also offer Kawhi, Middleton, Butler. Brogdon-Butler-Ingram-LeBron-McGee is still a championship roster IMO, especially if KD goes East. Redick also wouldn’t be a bad consolation.

not everybody is lakers to let their assets walk. All bucks have to do is match Brogdan and done.

They Can focus on Middleton while Brogdan goes and gets a contract.

Dunn is garbage and i dont really care for him playing for a contract. he hasnt done anything in the 3 years he is in the league.

Redick loves east and wont come here
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 4:08 pm    Post subject:

jankobe wrote:
HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:
I’m a Lonzo fan.... but if CHI is as enamored with him as the leaked reports say they are, how about Zo for the #7 and Kris Dunn, then signing Brogdon and Klay/Kawhi/Middleton this summer?

Brogdon/Dunn/Caruso
Klay/Hart/Vet. Min
Ingram/Hunter(#4)
LeBron/Kuzma/Vet. Min

We’d have elite backcourt shooting and STILL have #4 and #7 as trade assets or future rotational pieces? We’d keep our flexibility for an AD deadline trade or sign him outright in 2020 when we can go over the cap to re-sign LeBron. Kuz and Hart are still cost-controlled through 2021.

Sounds Good!

Klay is not leaving! Brogdon could be had tho if they max Middle
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 4:09 pm    Post subject:

a2j1m wrote:
jankobe wrote:
HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:
I’m a Lonzo fan.... but if CHI is as enamored with him as the leaked reports say they are, how about Zo for the #7 and Kris Dunn, then signing Brogdon and Klay/Kawhi/Middleton this summer?

Brogdon/Dunn/Caruso
Klay/Hart/Vet. Min
Ingram/Hunter(#4)
LeBron/Kuzma/Vet. Min

We’d have elite backcourt shooting and STILL have #4 and #7 as trade assets or future rotational pieces? We’d keep our flexibility for an AD deadline trade or sign him outright in 2020 when we can go over the cap to re-sign LeBron. Kuz and Hart are still cost-controlled through 2021.

Sounds Good!

why cant they keep both?
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Quote:
According to multiple league executives, Dunn’s trade value is low to nonexistent. So a direct trade with the Lakers centered on Dunn and the No. 7 pick doesn’t seem feasible. However, the Bulls could be in position to facilitate a three-team deal in which the Lakers acquire Davis from the Pelicans.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/bulls/ct-spt-bulls-point-guard-nba-draft-trade-free-agency-20190518-story.html

thanks IG, from other thread
HAWAIIGUY27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
a2j1m wrote:
jankobe wrote:
HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:

Brogdon/Dunn/Caruso
Middleton*/Hart/Vet. Min
Ingram/Hunter(#4)
LeBron/Kuzma/Vet. Min

Sounds Good!

why cant they keep both?

Bledsoe is signed through 2023, and their main priority will be to extend Giannis after next season. Brogdon isn’t even starting now that he’s back from injury, so he could be expendable to them. He’s definitely worth an offer ($48M/4yrs) if I’m the Lakers. The question is, could we (or do we want to) land Middleton for $100M/4yrs... As a 39% career three point shooter and Brogdon as a 50-40-90 guy himself, that would still be a pretty great haul while keeping some flexibility with our young draft picks.

*Edited to replace Klay w/ Middleton
Robster8989
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 4:55 pm    Post subject:

HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
a2j1m wrote:
jankobe wrote:
HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:

Brogdon/Dunn/Caruso
Middleton*/Hart/Vet. Min
Ingram/Hunter(#4)
LeBron/Kuzma/Vet. Min

Sounds Good!

why cant they keep both?

Bledsoe is signed through 2023, and their main priority will be to extend Giannis after next season. Brogdon isn’t even starting now that he’s back from injury, so he could be expendable to them. He’s definitely worth an offer ($48M/4yrs) if I’m the Lakers. The question is, could we (or do we want to) land Middleton for $100M/4yrs... As a 39% career three point shooter and Brogdon as a 50-40-90 guy himself, that would still be a pretty great haul while keeping some flexibility with our young draft picks.

If you were the Bucks, would you let Brogdon walk for nothing?
Of course not, even if they did decide they didn't want to pay him, they'd match any offer then trade him later for an asset or 2.
Also, signing Klay or Kawhi would use all the cap space, so we'd have no money to also sign Brogdon.
About a 3.6 mil difference in the salaries of Zo and Dunn, but acquiring the #7 uses all that difference and then some, so making that trade just took away our max.

West Point '88
UCLA '92
75th Ranger Regiment '88-'04
HAWAIIGUY27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 5:13 pm    Post subject:

Robster8989 wrote:
HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
a2j1m wrote:
jankobe wrote:
HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:

Brogdon/Dunn/Caruso
Middleton*/Hart/Vet. Min
Ingram/Hunter(#4)
LeBron/Kuzma/Vet. Min

Sounds Good!

why cant they keep both?

Of course not, even if they did decide they didn't want to pay him, they'd match any offer then trade him later for an asset or 2.
Also, signing Klay or Kawhi would use all the cap space, so we'd have no money to also sign Brogdon.
About a 3.6 mil difference in the salaries of Zo and Dunn, but acquiring the #7 uses all that difference and then some, so making that trade just took away our max.

Well of course the preference would be to match Brogdon, but only up to a certain price. And I don’t know how high they’re willing to go. Bledsoe is still owed $70M over the next 4 years, so it seems as if they might have prioritized him over Brogdon as their ball-handling PG. Snell is also owed $23M over the next two seasons, I don’t know if they’re willing to commit $40M per year between three guards over the next two seasons unless they can somehow trade Snell. Brogdon could be on the outside looking in, so IMO it’s definitely at least worth making an offer to the RFA.

And I get that Dunn doesn’t really move the needle much but it’s not like he’d HAVE to be in the deal for CHI to take Lonzo, assuming the rumors are legit. We can keep Bonga as a 3rd PG and just deal Lonzo for the #7 and still have options, saving a couple million towards Middleton (or whoever) that way.

Brogdon/Caruso ($.5M)/Bonga ($1.6M)
Middleton/Hart ($2M)/Vet. Min. (~$2.1M)
Ingram ($7.3M)/Hunter (#4, $4.5M)
James ($37.5M)/Kuzma ($2M)/Wagner ($2M)
McGee ($2.4M)/Hayes (#7, $3.4M)/Chandler ($2.4M)

= $67.8M

With the salary cap set to be ~$109M, that would leave approximately $41M to split between Brogdon and Middleton. $52M/4yr for Brogdon and $110M/4yr for Middleton would work.

Last edited by HAWAIIGUY27 on Sun May 19, 2019 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 5:23 pm    Post subject:

HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:
Robster8989 wrote:
HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
a2j1m wrote:
jankobe wrote:
HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:

Brogdon/Dunn/Caruso
Middleton*/Hart/Vet. Min
Ingram/Hunter(#4)
LeBron/Kuzma/Vet. Min

Sounds Good!

why cant they keep both?

Well of course the preference would be to match Brogdon, but only up to a certain price. And I don’t know how high they’re willing to go. Bledsoe is still owed $70M over the next 4 years, so it seems as if they might have prioritized him over Brogdon as their ball-handling PG. Snell is also owed $23M over the next two seasons, I don’t know if they’re willing to commit $40M per year between three guards over the next two seasons unless they can somehow trade Snell. Brogdon could be on the outside looking in, so IMO it’s definitely at least worth making an offer to the RFA.

And I get that Dunn doesn’t really move the needle much but it’s not like he’d HAVE to be in the deal for CHI to take Lonzo, assuming the rumors are legit. We can keep Bonga as a 3rd PG and just deal Lonzo for the #7 and still have options, saving a couple million towards Middleton (or whoever) that way.

Brogdon/Caruso/Bonga
Middleton/Hart/Vet. Min.
Ingram/Hunter (#4)
James/Kuzma/Wagner

What if Chicago makes taking Dunn a condition of doing the trade?
HAWAIIGUY27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 5:33 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:
Robster8989 wrote:
HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
a2j1m wrote:
jankobe wrote:
HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:

Brogdon/Dunn/Caruso
Middleton*/Hart/Vet. Min
Ingram/Hunter(#4)
LeBron/Kuzma/Vet. Min

Sounds Good!

why cant they keep both?

Middleton/Hart ($2M)/Vet. Min. (~$2.1M)

= ~$67.8M

With the salary cap set to be ~$109M, that would leave approximately $41M to split between Brogdon and Middleton. $52M/4yr for Brogdon and $110M/4yr for Middleton would work.

What if Chicago makes taking Dunn a condition of doing the trade?

I edited your post to include my most recent edit. And well I guess that's where Rob has to do some work. Maybe we end up throwing in a future pick to leave Dunn out if that's what it comes down to.

Last edited by HAWAIIGUY27 on Sun May 19, 2019 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 5:33 pm    Post subject:

HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
a2j1m wrote:
jankobe wrote:
HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:

Brogdon/Dunn/Caruso
Middleton*/Hart/Vet. Min
Ingram/Hunter(#4)
LeBron/Kuzma/Vet. Min

Sounds Good!

why cant they keep both?

its GMs job to know who is going to be a free agent and how much they are worth it or they will cost

you dont think they dont know that brogdan is a FA and that it will cost them to keep him?

he is RFA, so unless then have Magic as their POBO, Brogdan is going nowhere
HAWAIIGUY27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 5:36 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
a2j1m wrote:
jankobe wrote:
HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:

Brogdon/Dunn/Caruso
Middleton*/Hart/Vet. Min
Ingram/Hunter(#4)
LeBron/Kuzma/Vet. Min

Sounds Good!

why cant they keep both?

its GMs job to know who is going to be a free agent and how much they are worth it or they will cost

you dont think they dont know that brogdan is a FA and that it will cost them to keep him?

How likely does it seem to you that the Milwaukee FO matches Brodgon at $52M/4 while paying Bledsoe $70M/4 and Snell $23M over the next two while Mirotic starts next to Lopez and Giannis? Mirotic and Lopez, both starting, are also FAs after this season and I'd guess they'd have to keep at least one of those guys. It may be a long shot, but I think there's at least a slim to decent chance they don't match on Brogdon.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 5:41 pm    Post subject:

HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
a2j1m wrote:
jankobe wrote:
HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:

Brogdon/Dunn/Caruso
Middleton*/Hart/Vet. Min
Ingram/Hunter(#4)
LeBron/Kuzma/Vet. Min

Sounds Good!

why cant they keep both?

How likely does it seem to you that the Milwaukee FO matches Brodgon at $52M/4 while paying Bledsoe $70M/4 and Snell $23M over the next two while Mirotic starts next to Lopez and Giannis? Mirotic and Lopez, both starting, are also FAs after this season. I think there's a slim to decent chance they don't match.

again, you think they didnt know how much brogdan and middleton would cost them before giving contract to bledsoe?

extremely likely they bring back both brogdan and middleton 1st
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 5:49 pm    Post subject:

Robster8989
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 5:52 pm    Post subject:

HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
a2j1m wrote:
jankobe wrote:
HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:

Brogdon/Dunn/Caruso
Middleton*/Hart/Vet. Min
Ingram/Hunter(#4)
LeBron/Kuzma/Vet. Min

Sounds Good!

why cant they keep both?

How likely does it seem to you that the Milwaukee FO matches Brodgon at $52M/4 while paying Bledsoe $70M/4 and Snell $23M over the next two while Mirotic starts next to Lopez and Giannis? Mirotic and Lopez, both starting, are also FAs after this season and I'd guess they'd have to keep at least one of those guys. It may be a long shot, but I think there's at least a slim to decent chance they don't match on Brogdon.

How do the Lakers (currently projected to have 32 mil in cap space, which will be reduced by your Zo for Dunn and #7 trade) sign both Middleton and Brogdon for about 30 mil?
Smart teams (yes Magic, that is directed at you) don't allow draft picks who pan out to walk for nothing.
I like your idea, man, I really do.
I like Brogdon a lot, and I even liked Dunn and would definitely give him a chance, I just don't think your scenario is possible.

West Point '88
UCLA '92
75th Ranger Regiment '88-'04
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 5:59 pm    Post subject:

A lot of people think Dunn is a bust so we’ll have to sweeten it a bit. Trade Zo and Kuz for #7, Dunn and Markannen or Carter.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 6:04 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
A lot of people think Dunn is a bust so we’ll have to sweeten it a bit. Trade Zo and Kuz for #7, Dunn and Markannen or Carter.

You're a bulls fan?
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 6:04 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:

why are we trying to trade Zo? and Kuzma ?
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 6:23 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
King Randle wrote:

You're a bulls fan?

No....we get #4 and 7, Markannen or Carter and Dunn. No good?
HAWAIIGUY27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Robster8989 wrote:
HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
a2j1m wrote:
jankobe wrote:
HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:

Brogdon/Dunn/Caruso
Middleton*/Hart/Vet. Min
Ingram/Hunter(#4)
LeBron/Kuzma/Vet. Min

Sounds Good!

why cant they keep both?

How do the Lakers (currently projected to have 32 mil in cap space, which will be reduced by your Zo for Dunn and #7 trade) sign both Middleton and Brogdon for about 30 mil?
Smart teams (yes Magic, that is directed at you) don't allow draft picks who pan out to walk for nothing.
I like your idea, man, I really do.
I like Brogdon a lot, and I even liked Dunn and would definitely give him a chance, I just don't think your scenario is possible.

Middleton/Hart ($2M)/MLE

= $65.6M (+$5M (Deng’s salary)
= $70.6M

With the salary cap set to be ~$109M, that would leave approximately $38M to split between Brogdon and Middleton. $52M/4yr for Brogdon and $105M/4yr for Middleton would work if they’d agree to it. Who knows if they would.

Last edited by HAWAIIGUY27 on Sun May 19, 2019 6:39 pm; edited 3 times in total
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 6:29 pm    Post subject:

MIL is smart. They'll match on Brogdon and if they don't want to pay the tax, they can do this crazy thing called trading your draft talent you spent years cultivating for assets.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1291, 1292, 1293 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 1292 of 8560
Jump to: