OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1296, 1297, 1298 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 10:43 pm    Post subject:

LKA.. Do you like any of our young guys? I don't get the impression that you like Bron all that much either.. Is there anyone on the squad that you like? Or do I have the wrong impression?
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 11:11 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
LKA.. Do you like any of our young guys? I don't get the impression that you like Bron all that much either.. Is there anyone on the squad that you like? Or do I have the wrong impression?

Chill..
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 11:11 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Chill..

Answer the question!
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 11:15 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
LKA wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Chill..

Answer the question!

I like Kuzma .. but I don't like the fact that he's a below average shooter.
I like Lonzo .. but I don't like the fact that he's a terrible shooter.
I like LeBron .. but not with this roster.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 11:18 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
epak wrote:
LKA wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Chill..

Answer the question!

I wasn't intending to offend you, I was of the impression that you didn't like anyone on the squad, or valued them very little.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 11:22 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
LKA wrote:
epak wrote:
LKA wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Chill..

Answer the question!

I wasn't intending to offend you, I was of the impression that you didn't like anyone on the squad, or valued them very little.

They all have major flaws... it bothers me that none of them are just good all around players. Or that none of them really excel strong at anything. Well maybe Lonzo with the passing. It also bothers me that they all can't shoot... I mean cmon. How can all of your main pieces be poor shooters.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 11:27 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
epak wrote:
LKA wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Chill..

Answer the question!

Nice.
Who needs enemies when they can be liked by you.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 11:30 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
LKA wrote:
epak wrote:
LKA wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Chill..

Answer the question!

They all have major flaws... it bothers me that none of them are just good all around players. Or that none of them really excel strong at anything. Well maybe Lonzo with the passing. It also bothers me that they all can't shoot... I mean cmon. How can all of your main pieces be poor shooters.

Understood..
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 11:30 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
LKA wrote:
epak wrote:
LKA wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Chill..

Answer the question!

Nice.
Who needs enemies when they can be liked by you.

Just look at your sig. Well for one idk how the hell you expect us to get that stacked team. But if you notice one thing.. Lonzo is the only one of the young 3 in that starting lineup.. I'm sure you're also aware that we can't be successful with 3 brick layers in one starting lineup.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 11:41 pm    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
LKA wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
LKA wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
LKA wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
LKA wrote:
I'd give Lonzo Ingram and Kuzma for Lauri and they would still say no

Now this is just silly

I don't think so mainly cuz none of them can shoot. But again Chicago still wouldn't accept. They would want LeBron for him.

Which fact is funny? The fact that none of them can shoot or the fact that they wouldn't accept any trade for Lauri unless LeBron is in it?

Cuz both are facts ..

Yes Lauri is such a transcendent talent he has carried his Bulls team to a 49 - 111 record these past 2 years.

You wouldn't know what kind of talent he is, you just admitted you only watched 4 games of him.

But according to you he appears to be all world, yes not your words but hey I just read between the lines.

49 - 111. Lets celebrate for the Bulls.

He has good potential.
The Bulls are a bad team.

Those 2 aren't always mutually exclusive.

I am fully aware of the this. I believe you have seen my posts in the draft thread and have a sense of my evaluation of talent.

Is Lauri a transcendent shooter - no.
Is Lauri a transcendent scorer - no.
However he is good at both.

Better long range shooter - Lauri
Better scorer - BI

Better defender - BI.

They both have good potential.

Yes all my opinions.

In comparison to Lonzo I look at 3 pt shooting since he is much maligned for this.

Lauri shot 36% on 6.4 attempts per game
Lonzo shot 33% on 4.9 attempts per game.

Based on 82 games Lauri made 189 3 pointers and Lonzo 133 for a difference of 66. That amounts to 0.80 more made per game, hardly a game changer. If Lonzo shot 6.4 attempts maintaining 33% then the difference for an entire season is only 16 more made by Lauri.

As Lonzo improves his efficiency taking the ball to the hoop and in his mid-range game then he essentially closes the gap offensively with Lauri while being superior in many other aspects of the game.

Buying into the hype of a player sometimes clouds how they actually perform on the court and this is not directed at you.

Last edited by PlantedTanks on Mon May 20, 2019 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 11:43 pm    Post subject:

Ingram better scorer than Markkanen ?🤣🤣

Imagine
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 11:51 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:

Imagine

Most definitely.

Except for 3 pt shooting BI beats Lauri in % made at every distance (0-3, 3-10, 10-16, 16-3pt).

Even at 3pt the difference is only 3%. However I recognize that 6.4 vs. 1.8 attempts definitely skews this in favor of Lauri.

Other questions?
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 11:58 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
LKA wrote:

Imagine

Most definitely.

Except for 3 pt shooting BI beats Lauri in % made at every distance (0-3, 3-10, 10-16, 16-3pt).

Even at 3pt the difference is only 3%. However I recognize that 6.4 vs. 1.8 attempts definitely skews this in favor of Lauri.

Other questions?

Lol at looking up the most irrelevan stats on b-ball reference.
While you're there click the advanced section, and tell me which players numbers are better all the way to the right
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 12:05 am    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
LKA wrote:

Imagine

Most definitely.

Other questions?

While you're there click the advanced section, and tell me which players numbers are better all the way to the right

How else do you judge scoring? The eye test?

Question is who is the better scorer. I gave you hard facts, simple math.

Yes place all your reasoning instead on one stat which I guess is also irrelevant since it is on BR.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 12:30 am    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
LKA wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
LKA wrote:

Imagine

Most definitely.

Other questions?

Yes place all your reasoning instead on one stat which I guess is also irrelevant since it is on BR.

Check win shares, vorp, bpm, obpm
Also Markkanen's 3-10ft is higher. Not saying that (bleep) matters cuz it doesn't
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 12:44 am    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
LKA wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
LKA wrote:

Imagine

Most definitely.

Other questions?

Also Markkanen's 3-10ft is higher. Not saying that (bleep) matters cuz it doesn't

I will bow out after this post.

Not that it bleep matters but 3-10 .437 BI .434 Lauri so not higher.

Aren't we discussing the better scorer? What does win shares, vorp and bpm have to do with this? Yes I give Lauri OBPM but I will add TS% goes to BI every so miniscule.

I came into this discussion without deep diving into stats except I knew the relative range of BI's due to having looked over them from previous discussions. If the numbers favored Lauri I would admit as such and move on. Frankly I was surprised BI shot better from 16-3pt as I was ready to concede that to Lauri. However the numbers from my perspective proves my point.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 12:54 am    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
LKA wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
LKA wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
LKA wrote:

Imagine

Most definitely.

Other questions?

Aren't we discussing the better scorer? What does win shares, vorp and bpm have to do with this? Yes I give Lauri OBPM but I will add TS% goes to BI every so miniscule.

Nah look at career totals. TS% also goes to Lauri. As well as w/s, vorp, bpm, obpm. I'm discussing better scorer and better player, and I'm helping you understand why nobody outside of Laker fans would take Ingram over Markkanen.

Ingram shoots a better fg% from long 2s lol what does that matter? That's the worst shot in 2019. Give me the better %s from 3 and the line. If Ingram was such a great scorer the advanced metrics would back it.

Btw, Chris Paul shoots a better % than Kobe from every distance except right under the rim. Is he a better scorer than Kobe? By your logic?
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 1:07 am    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
LKA wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
LKA wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
LKA wrote:

Imagine

Most definitely.

Other questions?

Nah look at career totals. TS% also goes to Lauri. As well as w/s, vorp, bpm, obpm. I'm discussing better scorer and better player, and I'm helping you understand why nobody outside of Laker fans would take Ingram over Markkanen.

Ingram shoots a better fg% from long 2s lol what does that matter? That's the worst shot in 2019. Give me the better %s from 3 and the line. If Ingram was such a great scorer the advanced metrics would back it.

Btw, Chris Paul shoots a better % than Kobe from every distance except right under the rim. Is he a better scorer than Kobe? By your logic?

Wasn't going to post but now you decide to include career stats so I will include Kuzma.

So Kuzma has better WS, VORP, OBPM and BPM so is he a better scorer/player than Lauri?

There is a big difference when you compare Paul vs Kobe and that is usage. If the usage discrepancy between Lauri and BI were like Paul and Kobe then yes I would not be having this discussion. However that is not the case.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 1:14 am    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
LKA wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
LKA wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
LKA wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
LKA wrote:

Imagine

Most definitely.

Other questions?

Wasn't going to post but now you decide to include career stats.

So Kuzma has better WS, VORP, OBPM and BPM so is he a better scorer/player than Lauri?

There is a big difference when you compare Paul vs Kobe and that is usage. If the usage discrepancy between Lauri and BI were like Paul and Kobe then yes I would not be having this discussion. However that is not the case.

Kuzma has been on better teams, question, Ingram has been on the same teams as Kuzma why doesn't his advanced look similar? Maybe because he makes the team worse. And you wanna mention usage but Brandon Ingram's is lower than Lauri's and he's been on better teams ... k
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 5:06 am    Post subject:

LKA wrote:

Kuzma has been on better teams, question, Ingram has been on the same teams as Kuzma why doesn't his advanced look similar? Maybe because he makes the team worse. And you wanna mention usage but Brandon Ingram's is lower than Lauri's and he's been on better teams ... k

if that's what your advanced stats tell you you better stick to baseball
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 5:19 am    Post subject:

Plan B
Draft DeAndre Hunter.
Sign Dedmon.
Sign Bogdonovic.
Re-sign Lance.
Re-sign Chandler.

Dedmon/Wagner/Chandler.
James/Kuzma
Bogdonovic/DeAndre
Ingram/Hart
Ball/Stephenson/Bonga.

I think this team wins 50 games next year if Lebron is healthy. More depending on if there's internal improvement from Kuz/Ball/Ingram. Contending depends on whether one of the 3 can step up and become an all-star caliber player.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 5:49 am    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
LKA wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
LKA wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
LKA wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
LKA wrote:

Now this is just silly

I don't think so mainly cuz none of them can shoot. But again Chicago still wouldn't accept. They would want LeBron for him.

Which fact is funny? The fact that none of them can shoot or the fact that they wouldn't accept any trade for Lauri unless LeBron is in it?

Cuz both are facts ..

What makes them facts? They’re your opinion. Stop talking like you’re some sort of basketball savant.

Yeah he can shoot better than our 3 young guys. I don’t believe he is more valuable than all 3 combined.

Go watch some tape of Lauri .. it's clear to me that you haven't seen enough. Dude is an athletic Dirk Nowitzki.

I’m not saying he’s not good. He could end up being the best prospect out of the 4. But I don’t believe he is more valuable than them 3 combined.

The difference between you and I is I’m open to being wrong and don’t think I’m 100 percent right. You’re over here running your mouth like your opinion is the end all be all truth.

Damn can’t even respond lol. Fraud
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 5:57 am    Post subject:

You guys have been watching too much Stephen A Smith... the nubin is rubbing off on some of y'all.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 6:23 am    Post subject:

was listening to Vecenie on the RealGM podcast, and they said something that sent a chill up my spine....the speculated that if Rob strikes out in FA and the trade targets, they could envision a team like GSW taking advantage of the Lakers and getting them to move their young assets for Draymond.
EZ-Ryder
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 7:18 am    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
LKA wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
LKA wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
LKA wrote:

Now this is just silly

Cuz both are facts ..

Yes Lauri is such a transcendent talent he has carried his Bulls team to a 49 - 111 record these past 2 years.

The Chicago Bulls have played the last two years with a bottom 3 starting point guard and bottom 3 starting center and quite possible the NBA's worst bench. But it's the fault of a player who just finished his second season?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1296, 1297, 1298 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 1297 of 8560
Jump to: