OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1297, 1298, 1299 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 7:54 am    Post subject:

Magic thinks Kawhi and Kyrie are the players Lakers need to go after. Said he'll be there for the Lakers to help recruit these players (after throwing the whole organization under the bus).
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:22 am    Post subject:

I'd be shocked if any superstar FA comes to us after what Magic said about Pelinka and the organization. This was as good of a hope destroyer as I've seen. If it weren't for the young guys, this organization would be so screwed right now.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:30 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
I'd be shocked if any superstar FA comes to us after what Magic said about Pelinka and the organization. This was as good of a hope destroyer as I've seen. If it weren't for the young guys, this organization would be so screwed right now.

Players are coming here for :
1: play in LA
2: play with LeBron
3: offcourt opportunities

I am glad this loud mouth went to media now and we still have good amount till free agency
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:43 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:

Nobody is going to care about this interview in July.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:44 am    Post subject:

I think after today, only one we could probably sign is Cap Space.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:45 am    Post subject:

Anyone worried about KLs quad? Looks like he hurt it again yesterday and it looks like he is going to play through it.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:51 am    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
Anyone worried about KLs quad? Looks like he hurt it again yesterday and it looks like he is going to play through it.

He played 9 games in 2017-18 and 60 games in 2018-19.

He might need to sit out some back to back situations for a while and maybe for the rest of his career.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:53 am    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

This.
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:57 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Chad09 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

This.

Yup.

Lakers are lucky in that sense.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:58 am    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

Lol. You think Magic is done talking and doing interviews? He loves to hear himself talk. Why do you think he called a press conference to quit?

This is just a start of his media tour
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:01 am    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:

He might need to sit out some back to back situations for a while and maybe for the rest of his career.

He's been injured for part of three straight playoffs now.

He deserves all the praise he's gotten... but I think you need to consider him as a platoon type player who you can use with a deep team... but not as part of a trio of stars with no bench.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:03 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Chad09 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

This.

Thank you....the meetings with the FA's will probably be with Bron, Vogel, Kidd and Rob...maybe Kurt Rambis...No one will care or remember what Magic said today....IN fact, in the end Magic said this is a great place, great people and he thinks we'll get a top FA. He even called Rob smart and hard working.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:10 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:

He's been injured for part of three straight playoffs now.

He deserves all the praise he's gotten... but I think you need to consider him as a platoon type player who you can use with a deep team... but not as part of a trio of stars with no bench.

There is some risk involved since LeBron is in his mid 30's and Leonard appears to be having a problem again even though he played only 75% of the regular season.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:13 am    Post subject:

The over exaggeration about how bad the Laker franchise is and the inability for the franchise to attract a top FA will be debunked this off season as it was last off season. We were a good team on Christmas (dare I say a top 4 team in the West). The sum of the incoming players will FAR exceed outgoing players (how much remains to be seen). Couple this with the anticipation of improved coaching and likelihood of our competition taking some hits (loss of players, age of key players) should make us contenders.

Last edited by RI Laker on Mon May 20, 2019 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:13 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Plan B
Draft DeAndre Hunter.
Sign Dedmon.
Sign Bogdonovic.
Re-sign Lance.
Re-sign Chandler.

Dedmon/Wagner/Chandler.
James/Kuzma
Bogdonovic/DeAndre
Ingram/Hart
Ball/Stephenson/Bonga.

I think this team wins 50 games next year if Lebron is healthy. More depending on if there's internal improvement from Kuz/Ball/Ingram. Contending depends on whether one of the 3 can step up and become an all-star caliber player.

I wouldnt mind this especially if the alternative is maxing out a player like Kemba or Butler.
I'd take Caruso back instead of Lance
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:21 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
The over exaggeration about how bad the Laker franchise is and the inability for the franchise to attract a top FA will be debunked this off season as it was last off season. We were a good team on Christmas (dare I say a top 4 team in the West). The sum of the incoming players will FAR exceed outgoing players (how much remains to be seen). Couple this with the anticipation of improved coaching and likelihood of our competition taking some hits (loss of players, age of key players) should make us contenders.

Yes! Too many negative people in here.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:23 am    Post subject:

No one is gonna wanna come here after all this bs.

Do people really think someone like Kawhi wants to join this drama? Doesn't make sense for him to if you ask me.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:25 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
LKA wrote:

Kuzma has been on better teams, question, Ingram has been on the same teams as Kuzma why doesn't his advanced look similar? Maybe because he makes the team worse. And you wanna mention usage but Brandon Ingram's is lower than Lauri's and he's been on better teams ... k

if that's what your advanced stats tell you you better stick to baseball

No it's facts Brandon Ingram makes the team worse
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:33 am    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
Chad09 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

Lol. You think Magic is done talking and doing interviews? He loves to hear himself talk. Why do you think he called a press conference to quit?

that is my fear...he will see the negative response, and think he needs to talk more to better explain why he is so brilliant and everyone else failed him.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:36 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
Chad09 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

that is my fear...he will see the negative response, and think he needs to talk more to better explain why he is so brilliant and everyone else failed him.

I think he'll remain positive now unless the Lakers strike out on FA....then yes if that happens... let the tour begin.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:45 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Plan B
Draft DeAndre Hunter.
Sign Dedmon.
Sign Bogdonovic.
Re-sign Lance.
Re-sign Chandler.

Dedmon/Wagner/Chandler.
James/Kuzma
Bogdonovic/DeAndre
Ingram/Hart
Ball/Stephenson/Bonga.

I think this team wins 50 games next year if Lebron is healthy. More depending on if there's internal improvement from Kuz/Ball/Ingram. Contending depends on whether one of the 3 can step up and become an all-star caliber player.

I wouldnt mind this especially if the alternative is maxing out a player like Kemba or Butler.

I could see this, with the exception of Caruso in for Lance, and maybe a couple of the D-leaguers making the roster. I think Chandler is done, if he's back, it is more of a coaching or front office role.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:02 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
was listening to Vecenie on the RealGM podcast, and they said something that sent a chill up my spine....the speculated that if Rob strikes out in FA and the trade targets, they could envision a team like GSW taking advantage of the Lakers and getting them to move their young assets for Draymond.

LOL don’t worry. It’ll be Moe Wagner for Draymond!
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:45 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Plan B
Draft DeAndre Hunter.
Sign Dedmon.
Sign Bogdonovic.
Re-sign Lance.
Re-sign Chandler.

Dedmon/Wagner/Chandler.
James/Kuzma
Bogdonovic/DeAndre
Ingram/Hart
Ball/Stephenson/Bonga.

I could see this, with the exception of Caruso in for Lance, and maybe a couple of the D-leaguers making the roster. I think Chandler is done, if he's back, it is more of a coaching or front office role.

I think we should definitely try to keep Chandler around as a special assistant. Let him teach our bigs all he knows about rim protecting and rim running.
Zubac credited learning from Chandler on his resurgence this season
nzahir
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 11:24 am    Post subject:

Question about Bullock:

Can we use him in a sign and trade to match salary? The other team would have to be under the cap, correct?
Big Shot Bob
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 11:57 am    Post subject:

Regarding Draymond... I’d probably deal Kuzma and Wagner for Draymond... not Hart, #4 and anyone else, though.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1297, 1298, 1299 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 1298 of 8560
Jump to: