OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1303, 1304, 1305 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Anyone read Sam Amick piece about LeBron being concerned with getting FA's due to the dysfunction and what magic did yesterday. Amick implied that Magic may have purposely done that piece yesterday to sabotage their FA so the FO doesn't get credit for a FA without him. Don't know what to think about this nonsense.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 1:55 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Anyone read Sam Amick piece about LeBron being concerned with getting FA's due to the dysfunction and what magic did yesterday. Amick implied that Magic may have purposely done that piece yesterday to sabotage their FA so the FO doesn't get credit for a FA without him. Don't know what to think about this nonsense.

I think a lot of what magic does is instinctual and impulsive.. He's not playing chess. I doubt he strategizes to that extent.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 1:59 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
King Randle wrote:

I think a lot of what magic does is instinctual and impulsive.. He's not playing chess. I doubt he strategizes to that extent.

magic doesnt even know how to play Checkers, let alone chess
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 2:02 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
King Randle wrote:

I wouldn't go that far lol.. I don't think he lucked himself into the kind of success he has as a business man.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 2:12 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
King Randle wrote:

I wouldn't go that far lol.. I don't think he lucked himself into the kind of success he has as a business man.

my comment was strictly for BB POBO related.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
King Randle wrote:

my comment was strictly for BB POBO related.

Gotcha.. yea I agree based on his track record.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 2:29 pm    Post subject:

I think the Blazers should put together a trade package featuring CJ for AD. They aren’t going anywhere as is and it’s similar Derozan for Kawhi. Both AD and KL had one year left at the respective times.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 2:38 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
King Randle wrote:

He has advisors.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
King Randle wrote:

He has advisors.

Yea he does..
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Something to also think about ....

Kobe can easily take over Magic’s role in a recruiting sense not to help LeBron but to help Rob.

For Kobe and LeBron’s generation they idolized Magic and MJ.

Kawhi, Kyrie, AD and younger they idolize Kobe!

As a Laker fan I’m not worried
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 2:51 pm    Post subject:

YSong wrote:

Kobe can easily take over Magic’s role in a recruiting sense not to help LeBron but to help Rob.

That’s a great point....today’s players relate more to Kobe then Magic. I hope they use him.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 2:52 pm    Post subject:

YSong wrote:

why wont he help Lebron tough?

some reporter/media asked him if he cares about all time greats question and he flat out rejected that notion and said he doesnt care
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 2:54 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Both Rodney Hood and Seth Curry are gonna be on the market, which 1 do you prefer for added shooting?

Seth, we could use a back up 1/2..

Plus I think that the chances of Hood wanting to play with Lebron is less than 0.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 2:56 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Both Rodney Hood and Seth Curry are gonna be on the market, which 1 do you prefer for added shooting?

Seth, we could use a back up 1/2..

Plus I think that the chances of Hood wanting to play with Lebron is less than 0.

Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 2:59 pm    Post subject:

YSong wrote:

Do you really think that free agents are so shallow that this would make a significant difference? I don’t. It wouldn’t hurt to have Kobe as part of the dog and pony show, but it’s hard for me to understand why this would be important to a free agent if Kobe isn’t playing or coaching. But who knows? Maybe some of these guys really are that shallow.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:00 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
YSong wrote:

why wont he help Lebron tough?

some reporter/media asked him if he cares about all time greats question and he flat out rejected that notion and said he doesnt care

Not so much he’s not helping LeBron but he’s got a friendship with Rob. Rob is only the GM because of Kobe and I’m sure Kobe wants to see him succeed
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
YSong wrote:

Do you really think that free agents are so shallow that this would make a significant difference? I don’t. It wouldn’t hurt to have Kobe as part of the dog and pony show, but it’s hard for me to understand why this would be important to a free agent if Kobe isn’t playing or coaching. But who knows? Maybe some of these guys really are that shallow.

You ever in a sales or have a sales job? If you do you will understand. Doesn’t have to involve someone being shallow.

Imagine the CEO attending a meeting to help his Sales Director and Relationship Manager close a deal.

Say you run your business and some company is trying to sale you on their service. Well that company that’s trying to land you as a client is owned by Warren Buffet. Good ol Warren shows up at that final pitch meeting to win you over. You telling me that doesn’t have an effect?
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:17 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:

I agree that it wasn’t luck, but I think Magic’s business savvy is overhyped. He has monetized his name and image. That is completely legitimate. He has made good choices along the way. But if he was Earvin Jones, would he have had anywhere near the same level of success? I’m not so sure.

Incidentally, I’d say the same thing about Jeanie Buss, but even more so. As with Magic, there is a media narrative about how she has been successful in business. Her resume consists of running a couple now-defunct teams in now-defunct leagues that Dr. Buss bought for her. At least Magic went out and did it on his own.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:18 pm    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
You ever in a sales or have a sales job? If you do you will understand. Doesn’t have to involve someone being shallow.

Imagine the CEO attending a meeting to help his Sales Director and Relationship Manager close a deal.

Say you run your business and some company is trying to sale you on their service. Well that company that’s trying to land you as a client is owned by Warren Buffet. Good ol Warren shows up at that final pitch meeting to win you over. You telling me that doesn’t have an effect?

Kobe is neither the CEO nor the owner.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:19 pm    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
YSong wrote:

Imagine Warren having that meeting with Bill Gates. I doubt that would be a difference maker. In this case, it would likely depend on the FA. I doubt that KD would care if Kobe was there or not. A lesser FA? It very well could make a difference.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:20 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
YSong wrote:

I’m speaking figuratively.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:20 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
YSong wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
YSong wrote:

Imagine Warren having that meeting with Bill Gates. I doubt that would be a difference maker. In this case, it would likely depend on the FA. I doubt that KD would care if Kobe was there or not. A lesser FA? It very well could make a difference.

Warren and Bill Gates is Kobe and LeBron
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:26 pm    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
YSong wrote:

I’m speaking figuratively.

I know. But why would Kobe has a significant impact when he isn’t even part of the organization? I’m not saying zero impact. Everyone likes to be courted. But Magic could have a significant impact because he was famous and in charge.
rocko
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:42 pm    Post subject:

I really believe we should do a sign and trade for Kawhi and sign Kyrie as a free agent. And wait til next year to sign AD as a FA.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:45 pm    Post subject:

rocko wrote:
I really believe we should do a sign and trade for Kawhi and sign Kyrie as a free agent. And wait til next year to sign AD as a FA.

no capspace?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1303, 1304, 1305 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 1304 of 8560
Jump to: