OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1305, 1306, 1307 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:02 pm    Post subject:

Remind me how Knicks are ahead of Lakers?
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:12 pm    Post subject:

Lebron should focus on getting his Kukoc, Rodman etc.
Not focus on getting an equally capable scorer/player.
He will need to alpha this team. He can't do Miami or Cleveland again.

I hope someone convinces Lebron the right players to recruit are the players that are unselfish, no ego, not in it to be stars and can shoot lights out. These players come in, play off Lebron and the young players, and fit in easily.

If I'm Lebron, I am talking to Bogdanovic, Mirotcic, Danny Green. These are the sort of guys this team needs to win more games next year. The core we have, adding a 4th lottery pick, it's going to be a strong core.

However we were 21st in PPP in the halfcourt sets. We were in the bottom 5 I believe in 3 point percentage. Bottom 2 in FTs. We need to up that. The easiest way to do that is to find players that can make shots playing off Bron or Zo and make FTs. Even playing off Ingram. If our big 3 is Bron/Ingram/Zo, we need to get a big guy that can finish plays and a wing as well. We need players that simply do what is the first thing you try to when you play basketball. Shoot the ball, through the hoop, into the net.

Give me DeAndre Hunter, Bogdanovic and Dedmon and call it an off season.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:15 pm    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
Remind me how Knicks are ahead of Lakers?

Traded away their best draft pick since Patrick Ewing, somehow found a way to alienate him, and worse, traded him when he had hurt himself during an all-star season for them. This is the sort of franchise Durant/Kyrie want? lol

I get the Clipper love, as Doc's been there and it's been very stable with him, and also the ownership transition to Ballmer has been great for them. Jerry West. Enough said. I get the Ciipper respect.

Knicks ... come on.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:16 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Sad when you hear big time FA are now choosing Clippers/Knicks over the Lakers. How the mighty have really fallen.

I’ll believe the Clippers when they finally ever sign a big FA. Otherwise it’s just talk and needless worry. This same time last year people were saying LeBron to the Clippers, we know how that went.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1131022417327841280

Durant going to the Clippers is gaining momentum according to Marc Stein

Hmm... maybe Durant is getting word that Kyrie may not join him in NY after all (Kyrie to Lakers), so KD not wanting to be alone is now angling himself to join Kawhi and the Clippers? 👀

Maybe it will be Irving and Butler going to BRK together ... but you may be right...
Intlakeshow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Sad when you hear big time FA are now choosing Clippers/Knicks over the Lakers. How the mighty have really fallen.

I’ll believe the Clippers when they finally ever sign a big FA. Otherwise it’s just talk and needless worry. This same time last year people were saying LeBron to the Clippers, we know how that went.

I think people really underestimate the impact of the Blake Griffin situation when it comes to the Clippers and their ability to attract premier free agents. You can point to the Lakers power struggle dysfunction all you want, but most of that is rumors and hearsay that could or could not be true. The Clippers on the other hand, screwed their franchise player not that long ago, and the people that did it are still in charge.
nzahir
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:54 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

I hope someone convinces Lebron the right players to recruit are the players that are unselfish, no ego, not in it to be stars and can shoot lights out. These players come in, play off Lebron and the young players, and fit in easily.

If I'm Lebron, I am talking to Bogdanovic, Mirotcic, Danny Green. These are the sort of guys this team needs to win more games next year. The core we have, adding a 4th lottery pick, it's going to be a strong core.

However we were 21st in PPP in the halfcourt sets. We were in the bottom 5 I believe in 3 point percentage. Bottom 2 in FTs. We need to up that. The easiest way to do that is to find players that can make shots playing off Bron or Zo and make FTs. Even playing off Ingram. If our big 3 is Bron/Ingram/Zo, we need to get a big guy that can finish plays and a wing as well. We need players that simply do what is the first thing you try to when you play basketball. Shoot the ball, through the hoop, into the net.

Are u saying Lebron wasn't the leader of all those teams?
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 9:00 pm    Post subject:

LB2 wrote:
Not sure why anyone thinks Kyrie is coming to LA. Doesnt really have any ties here really. Seems obvious he's going home to NY with KD. I prefer it that way too.

I’m sorry what!?!?

Who did he win a ring with? Who did he realize he took for granted and apologized to? Where is the movie capital of the world? Where are there other dummies who think the earth is flat?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 9:05 pm    Post subject:

I’m gonna trust YSong and that we have a good chance to get Kawhi...

Maybe it’s gonna be

Durant going to Clippers

Irving and Butler going to Nets

Kawhi signing with the Lakers
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I’m gonna trust YSong and that we have a good chance to get Kawhi...

Maybe it’s gonna be

Durant going to Clippers

Irving and Butler going to Nets

Kawhi signing with the Lakers

Don't care about the other guys, but Kawhi to Lakers sounds good
ibitegirls
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 9:21 pm    Post subject:

These Clipper rumors are laughable. KD’s agent says he doesn’t know where he wants to go.

Quote:
Kevin Durant's Agent Says He's '100% Undecided' on Where He'll Sign as a Free Agent

NBA free agency hasn't started yet, but plenty of people are wondering where Kevin Durant will land this summer—including his agent.

Rich Kleiman, Durant's agent, spoke with The Wall Street Journal's Jason Gay to discuss Durant's future, which he said is still unknown. A main reason for the rampant Durant-to-New York speculation is Kleiman's longstanding fandom of the Knicks.

"That is 100% undecided, and I'm waiting on Kevin. That's the truth," Kleiman said. "I think there's a feeling that this thing is like War Games and everybody's kind of like playing chess out here. But when somebody gets to the level of basketball that he's at, you can't juggle focus like that. There's so many things he's juggling too. He's not scripting his future while he's playing the way he plays and practicing the way he practices...He really doesn't know and I really don't know."
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:06 pm    Post subject:

ibitegirls wrote:
These Clipper rumors are laughable. KD’s agent says he doesn’t know where he wants to go.

Quote:
Kevin Durant's Agent Says He's '100% Undecided' on Where He'll Sign as a Free Agent

NBA free agency hasn't started yet, but plenty of people are wondering where Kevin Durant will land this summer—including his agent.

Rich Kleiman, Durant's agent, spoke with The Wall Street Journal's Jason Gay to discuss Durant's future, which he said is still unknown. A main reason for the rampant Durant-to-New York speculation is Kleiman's longstanding fandom of the Knicks.

"That is 100% undecided, and I'm waiting on Kevin. That's the truth," Kleiman said. "I think there's a feeling that this thing is like War Games and everybody's kind of like playing chess out here. But when somebody gets to the level of basketball that he's at, you can't juggle focus like that. There's so many things he's juggling too. He's not scripting his future while he's playing the way he plays and practicing the way he practices...He really doesn't know and I really don't know."

Durant really should join the Lakers. No one is stopping Durant and LBJ from getting rings
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Kawhi to LA would be a definite home run. No other way to put it. Personally I'm taking my hat out of the prediction game as I don't want to set myself up for potential disappointed. Kawhi resigning in Toronto, or another team wouldn't surprise me. Plus, I'm very happy with getting the 4th pick as I think it gives us that one controlled variable where we can be a better team next year regardless of the FA outcome. One thing's for certain though, I would like for the organization to sort out its power infrastructure before they sit down with free agents in July.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:11 am    Post subject:

nzahir wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Are u saying Lebron wasn't the leader of all those teams?

I think Wade did a lot of the alpha stuff on that team, and it was him coming to Wade's team in Miami. Similar to Durant coming to Curry's team in GST. Lebron was the better player so he overtook roles and responsibilities. In Cleveland, the one time they won a ring, Kyrie really became a big time alpha type. I don't know if Lebron has ever won a ring being a Jordan/Kobe last 2 rings type of leader. Maybe alpha was the wrong choice of word.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 5:17 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Durant going to the Clippers is gaining momentum according to Marc Stein

Hmm... maybe Durant is getting word that Kyrie may not join him in NY after all (Kyrie to Lakers), so KD not wanting to be alone is now angling himself to join Kawhi and the Clippers? 👀

Maybe it will be Irving and Butler going to BRK together ... but you may be right...

Didn't anyone read the report where Kawhi is pissed at KD for calling him a "system player." No way Kawhi teams up with KD. KD is going to NY...Stien said last year PG was coming here and Bron was not. His credibility is non existent.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 5:34 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Kevin Durant going to the Clippers is gaining momentum according to Marc Stein

That would be shocking
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 5:40 am    Post subject:

I don't see KD wanting to stay in the same conference as the Warriors. But then again, the top of the East isn't a cakewalk either.
tnell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 5:44 am    Post subject:

Wasn’t Stein the one saying Brown was gonna get fired if the Sixers lost to the Raptors?
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 5:44 am    Post subject:

The bottom line is nobody knows what is going on. Its fun to speculate, but it is just for entertainment and nothing more. Be patient as it will all unfold very soon.
dino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 6:00 am    Post subject:

hope lebron has enough gravity to pull another max guy in...
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 6:09 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

i don't agree with this. LeBron needs another alpha on this team to SHARE his load. he's not Kobe, LeBron will be happily sharing his alpha role with another TRUE star. noticed he has to be a legitimate true star, not some 2nd tier all stars like Beal, Walker, or any of our youngsters. LeBron is getting up there with age, we can't feature him the entire game and just have role players surrounding him. perfect scenario will be 2 or 3 legitimate stars staggered minutes with LeBron most of the game, and all of them on the court during beginning and end of games.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 6:11 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I don't see KD wanting to stay in the same conference as the Warriors. But then again, the top of the East isn't a cakewalk either.

What's left when Kyrie leaves Boston and kawhi goes to West?

Butler already say bye to Philly on Instagram
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 6:23 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

What's left when Kyrie leaves Boston and kawhi goes to West?

Butler already say bye to Philly on Instagram

Giannis/Bucks.
76ers still could keep Butler, or if not they still have Embiid/Simmons/Harris.
Celts would still be a scrappy bunch.
And we don't know if KL is indeed going west.

I can see Knicks/Nets getting better.
Karmaloop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 6:50 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

First off, I don't buy the KD-to-LAC rumor, but I do think Kevin Durant is egotistical enough to think he needs to prove to Golden State that he's the reason they became a dynasty.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 6:51 am    Post subject:

dino wrote:
hope lebron has enough gravity to pull another max guy in...

Windhorst believes that LeBron won't be too much involved with the recruiting process
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1305, 1306, 1307 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 1306 of 8560
Jump to: