OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 133, 134, 135 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:59 pm    Post subject:

Personally, I'd have kept Randle and gave him KCP money. Start Hart at SG. Randle at 5 to close the game would have been great. But I guess they had to sign KCP due to Lebron connection. Also Randle's agent was bitter so he probably wouldn't have taken a one year deal for 11 M anyways.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:03 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lakers knew Jules was gonna eventually become a all star caliber player, that doesn’t mean every guy that walks from the team or is traded is supposed to make us feel bad just because he goes on to have a good career, you gotta take what you have and not worry about what other players accomplish.

If they knew he would become an all-star caliber player, they would have held onto him. An "All-star caliber" player is a great asset at the very least and something that be used in a trade. All they had to do was pay him about what NO paid him and make him feel slightly wanted.

Everything i've seen indicates they didn't expect much from him. I've liked what the FO has done overall, but how they handled Randle was a fumble plain and simple.

And yeah it's lamentable to a lot of people who wanted to keep him.

Come on man, you can’t be serious the Lakers have always let all star caliber players walk in the team’s history, we can’t whine just because the players we let go end up becoming a good player.. that’s basically ruining your fandom.

Please name all these all-star-caliber players they let walk.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
Personally, I'd have kept Randle and gave him KCP money. Start Hart at SG. Randle at 5 to close the game would have been great. But I guess they had to sign KCP due to Lebron connection. Also Randle's agent was bitter so he probably wouldn't have taken a one year deal for 11 M anyways.

Exactly. I find it hard to believe Lebron wouldn't have come here if we didn't maintain our donation to the KCP fund.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject:

Maybe we can take all the Julius randle talk in OT section?

Would be nice
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:05 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Also just because we could have payed him doesn’t mean he wanted to be here or that the Lakers wanted to keep him, the Lakers have a far superior player on the roster.. we will be making playoff runs, we will see if the Pelicans will do the same.

Do you understand what assets are? You could have made him part of a trade for ANOTHER PLAYER.

Ugh, why am i arguing with you.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:05 pm    Post subject:

I think seeing lbj and his 34 minutes tomorrow will help drown some of yall’s sorrows away.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Randle 17 points in the first half. 2/2 from 3

Go Jules . Damn I never saw a game where he hit a couple those for us. Maybe he’s going to get Gordon money if he keep it up.

Considering that he didn't start, he might be a contender for 6MOY.

--Anonymous
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:14 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Also just because we could have payed him doesn’t mean he wanted to be here or that the Lakers wanted to keep him, the Lakers have a far superior player on the roster.. we will be making playoff runs, we will see if the Pelicans will do the same.

Do you understand what assets are? You could have made him part of a trade for ANOTHER PLAYER.

Assets is a common theme when it comes to NBA teams... what does that have to do with the fact that teams always let valuable assets walk or have them traded all the time? That is apart of NBA business.
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:19 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:

Would be nice

Hey man Randle is a Free agent next year. If we strike out on KD/KL/KT we should pick him up!
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:21 pm    Post subject:

I’m rooting hard for you Randle!
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:21 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I think seeing lbj and his 34 minutes tomorrow will help drown some of yall’s sorrows away.

Oh I'm gonna wear my Kobe jersey to work and annoy the heck out of my old man coworker "College basketball is better" friend.

Really curious what this rotation is gonna look like.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Roon wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

Would be nice

Hey man Randle is a Free agent next year. If we strike out on KD/KL/KT we should pick him up!

He had a chance to stay here but his agent requested his release. Why you think he is coming back?
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:26 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

The Lakers would have to take salary back, which they obviously don’t want.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:27 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lakers knew Jules was gonna eventually become a all star caliber player, that doesn’t mean every guy that walks from the team or is traded is supposed to make us feel bad just because he goes on to have a good career, you gotta take what you have and not worry about what other players accomplish.

If they knew he would become an all-star caliber player, they would have held onto him. An "All-star caliber" player is a great asset at the very least and something that be used in a trade. All they had to do was pay him about what NO paid him and make him feel slightly wanted.

Everything i've seen indicates they didn't expect much from him. I've liked what the FO has done overall, but how they handled Randle was a fumble plain and simple.

And yeah it's lamentable to a lot of people who wanted to keep him.

Come on man, you can’t be serious the Lakers have always let all star caliber players walk in the team’s history, we can’t whine just because the players we let go end up becoming a good player.. that’s basically ruining your fandom.

Please name all these all-star-caliber players they let walk.

Doesn’t mean who they are but the Lakers have known to let players with good potential walk or have them traded, I’m not sure what the big deal is with some of you guys in regards to the Lakers giving up a young player with good potential, we have the best player in the world on this team.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Randle could have easily been flipped for nothing if they needed the cap space. Strong chance he could have been moved for a pick or packaged with one of our expiring guys for a star should they become available. At any rate, he's a better player than KCP with more upside. If we needed to let an asset walk because that's NBA business as NBA guru IG posits, then you let KCP walk.

People also haven't considered we might not get an all-star next year and want to punt cap space again. Might have been nice to have Randle on the roster.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:32 pm    Post subject:

If you can't back up things you're saying, you shouldn't say them.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject:

Jimmy 21 shot attempts and counting, 1 assist
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Practice wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Randle could have easily been flipped for nothing if they needed the cap space. Strong chance he could have been moved for a pick or packaged with one of our expiring guys for a star should they become available. At any rate, he's a better player than KCP with more upside. If we needed to let an asset walk because that's NBA business as NBA guru IG posits, then you let KCP walk.

People also haven't considered we might not get an all-star next year and want to punt cap space again. Might have been nice to have Randle on the roster.

Let's saying Randle got the same contract as Aaron Gordon(4 years $76 million), which teams are easily taking on that contract without giving any salary back?

With KCP he plays a completely different role than Randle and is on a one year deal. He'll be gone next season.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:15 pm    Post subject:

One game
1 game
Won game

Settle down
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Practice wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Let's saying Randle got the same contract as Aaron Gordon(4 years $76 million), which teams are easily taking on that contract without giving any salary back?

With KCP he plays a completely different role than Randle and is on a one year deal. He'll be gone next season.

He took a 2-year deal with the Pelicans. If the FO at least pretended to want him throughout the season, something that takes literally zero effort to do (aside from however many calories it takes to say the name "Julius" whenever you're running down the names of the "young core") and then offered him what the Pels did or even slightly more, or even a larger 1-year deal (instead of paying KCP and Beasley) maybe he takes that. There's a reason he didn't want to come back and it's because the FO couldn't do the bare minimum.

At least pretend you think highly of him. Maybe other teams will be tricked into thinking he's more valuable than he is and (gasp!) give you an asset for the guy you spent a #7 pick on! Publicly acting like he's expendable achieves absolutely nothing. Yes, getting Lebron was an A+ move (however much they actually had to do with it), but how they handled Randle was an F-.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Practice wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Practice wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

He took a 2-year deal with the Pelicans. If the FO at least pretended to want him throughout the season, something that takes literally zero effort to do (aside from however many calories it takes to say the name "Julius" whenever you're running down the names of the "young core") and then offered him what the Pels did or even slightly more, or even a larger 1-year deal (instead of paying KCP and Beasley) maybe he takes that. There's a reason he didn't want to come back and it's because the FO couldn't do the bare minimum.

At least pretend you think highly of him. Maybe other teams will be tricked into thinking he's more valuable than he is and (gasp!) give you an asset for the guy you spent a #7 pick on! Publicly acting like he's expendable achieves absolutely nothing. Yes, getting Lebron was an A+ move (however much they actually had to do with it), but how they handled Randle was an F-.

He was almost traded for Nerlens Noel before Noel went down with a hand injury.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:46 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
One game
1 game
Won game

Settle down

Yeah, it could have easily been a fluke game, not to take anything away from the Pelicans but great teams tend to come out lackadaisical almost every year.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:03 pm    Post subject:

If the lakers land a max FA in 2019, you live with the decision.

If they don’t land max FA, it’s going to look like a huge mistake letting Randle go.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Julius and WCS had some nice games.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:15 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
If the lakers land a max FA in 2019, you live with the decision.

If they don’t land max FA, it’s going to look like a huge mistake letting Randle go.

The Lakers don’t necessarily have to land a max FA, they can trade for a 2nd star or just get good complementary players to make the team greater then it is now, like I said major props to the Pelicans for winning against a top notch contender in there house but that doesn’t mean anything cause the Rockets will eventually start piling up wins, I’m not sure if the Pelicans can though.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 133, 134, 135 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 134 of 8560
Jump to: