OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 134, 135, 136 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:42 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
If the lakers land a max FA in 2019, you live with the decision.

If they don’t land max FA, it’s going to look like a huge mistake letting Randle go.

this. Ill take KD, Kawhi or Klay over Randle any day of the week. Signing Randle long term takes you out of the running for any of those three. its the price of doing business
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:44 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

If they don’t land max FA, it’s going to look like a huge mistake letting Randle go.

The Lakers don’t necessarily have to land a max FA, they can trade for a 2nd star or just get good complementary players to make the team greater then it is now, like I said major props to the Pelicans for winning against a top notch contender in there house but that doesn’t mean anything cause the Rockets will eventually start piling up wins, I’m not sure if the Pelicans can though.

The player only has to be a better value than Randle. If we whiff on the big signings next season... then yes, it looks like a mistake so far.
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

The Lakers don’t necessarily have to land a max FA, they can trade for a 2nd star or just get good complementary players to make the team greater then it is now, like I said major props to the Pelicans for winning against a top notch contender in there house but that doesn’t mean anything cause the Rockets will eventually start piling up wins, I’m not sure if the Pelicans can though.

I agree with IG that its not a zero sum game where we have to land a max FA in 2019. We still have a ton of options in part created by letting Randle go. I might add lakers can always punt the capspace to 2020 or take on a good player with a bad contract from a team that wants to rebuild like the spurs did with Deronzan this year.

PS: While it is great that the pelicans won against the Rox, it's the first game of the season. I would hesitate to draw any conclusions from the win since early season is really an indicator of eventual performance

Last edited by Vanquish on Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:49 pm    Post subject:

This Boban center for the Clippers, damn!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
This Boban center for the Clippers, damn!

We couldn't stop him in the preseason... he will be a big issue for small ball centers on the offensive end... but maybe our pace will be able to counter his size.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
defense wrote:
One game
1 game
Won game

Settle down

Yeah, it could have easily been a fluke game, not to take anything away from the Pelicans but great teams tend to come out lackadaisical almost every year.

You were just saying he's an All-Star caliber player like three posts ago. Now it's a fluke game? Your ability to completely contradict yourself within a matter of seconds is second to none.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Maybe we can take all the Julius randle talk in OT section?

Would be nice

You sure weren't saying that yesterday when your attempted troll job backfired on you.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:38 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I think seeing lbj and his 34 minutes tomorrow will help drown some of yall’s sorrows away.

Not really. The fact that we still did a subpar job using our remaining salary flexibility to surround him with the best talent will remain.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:48 pm    Post subject:

For the millionth time, it wasn't keep Randle OR 2019 cap space. It wasn't binary, it could have been both.

1. Acknowledge the fact the Lakers dropped the ball in handling the whole Randle situation from the start of last season. Jerking him around, not including him in the young core, despite being our best player last year etc etc

2. You make Randle feel wanted, there's no reason he wouldn't have accepted a large 1 year deal at Rondo/Beasley money. If it was up to me I would have traded Deng/2 1st for a large exp k like ZBo or Shumpert. Would have allowed to keep Randle long term on a 4y/50M deal plus 2019 max

3. Also realize we could have gotten a capable back up PG at the room exception (Napier, Payton)

We got the bright lights of LA, the buzz of having the best player in the world, the rare benefit of being able to sign good players for cheap due to the market squeeze this past summer, and all we end up with is Rodno/Beasley/Lance. I'm sorry but that will always annoy me. At least the McGee signing was a great value get.
ibij
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:56 pm    Post subject:

I don't think Lakers want to have any business with agent of randle, dlo, and PG13.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:00 pm    Post subject:

I trust in Maginka. So far their gambles have paid off and their trades were fruitful. I'm going to continue trusting them until I have reason not to. They are privy to a lot more information than we are.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:08 pm    Post subject:

WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

this. Ill take KD, Kawhi or Klay over Randle any day of the week. Signing Randle long term takes you out of the running for any of those three. its the price of doing business

Randle signed a 2-year deal

None of those players you listed are Lakers nor have even expressed interest in joining them.

I understand the "nothing you can do about it" takes. No, we can't go back in time. But Maginka needs to learn from this mistake. I want to see a team that's thinking a few moves/years ahead other than "we need cap space for superstars."

Sorry, but a smarter GM like Ainge or even Ujiri would recognize months ahead of time that if they weren't going to keep a guy, you MOVE him ASAP for an asset. Or you do your best to resign to him to move him for an asset later. You don't let him walk out the door, let alone hold it open for him like Maginka did for Randle. I'm not asking anyone to turn back time. I just want to see more foresight from our front office. I want to see an eye toward an entire team, not just one free agent superstar.

Last edited by pjiddy on Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:13 pm    Post subject:

WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

The only player that signing Randle takes you out of contention for is KD.

Lakers could have easily kept Randle and signed Kawhi, Klay or Butler.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:40 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Randle signed a 2-year deal

None of those players you listed are Lakers nor have even expressed interest in joining them.

I understand the "nothing you can do about it" takes. No, we can't go back in time. But Maginka needs to learn from this mistake. I want to see a team that's thinking a few moves/years ahead other than "we need cap space for superstars."

Sorry, but a smarter GM like Ainge or even Ujiri would recognize months ahead of time that if they weren't going to keep a guy, you MOVE him ASAP for an asset. Or you do your best to resign to him to move him for an asset later. You don't let him walk out the door, let alone hold it open for him like Maginka did for Randle. I'm not asking anyone to turn back time. I just want to see more foresight from our front office. I want to see an eye toward an entire team, not just one free agent superstar.

I think we tried to trade him at the deadline but only got 2nd round pick offers. I think for a 1st rounder he would have been moved. And it would have been great for both parties. We get an asset and Randle gets a better chance at a nice extension. In retrospect having an extra 2nd rounder would have been nice I suppose.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/961488001313443840?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E961488001313443840&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.lakersnation.com%2Fnba-trade-rumors-lakers-rejected-second-round-pick-offers-julius-randle-interest%2F2018%2F02%2F07%2F

You make a good point earlier about at least pretending to like your players.
Kind of reminds me of how the Clippers had a franchise night for Blake then traded him the same season

Last edited by chantruong on Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
PartyMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:40 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

I get what you’re saying. I wanted Randle as much as the next guy. Adding one of those guys along with Julius still being here is incredible.

BUT.. KD and LBJ plus our young core? That’s not even fair.

It’d be like when we had the 2 best players in the game at the start of the century and we all know how that went.

Magic is swinging for the fences.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:42 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Correct. And if KD would have decided to come you trade Randle for a smaller bad contract like Cristiano Felicio
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:51 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
defense wrote:
One game
1 game
Won game

Settle down

Yeah, it could have easily been a fluke game, not to take anything away from the Pelicans but great teams tend to come out lackadaisical almost every year.

You were just saying he's an All-Star caliber player like three posts ago. Now it's a fluke game? Your ability to completely contradict yourself within a matter of seconds is second to none.

What does that have to do with the fact that my point of the post was that the Pelicans won’t be better then Houston? He can be a all star caliber player and the Pelicans can still be a team fighting for a playoff spot while the Rockets still end up with a top 3 seed.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:01 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

The player only has to be a better value than Randle. If we whiff on the big signings next season... then yes, it looks like a mistake so far.

I would say there is like 5-10 FAs next summer that have greater value then Randle and 1 of them will likely come here.. not sure why people are making a big deal about a player who has found a home he can be successful in.. we are in a greater position then the Pelicans even if they end up having a good year.
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:26 pm    Post subject:

Julius Randles contract is going to be this years "We could have kept DLo and still drafted Kuzma and Hart" isn't it...
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:41 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Judah wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
defense wrote:
One game
1 game
Won game

Settle down

What does that have to do with the fact that my point of the post was that the Pelicans won’t be better then Houston? He can be a all star caliber player and the Pelicans can still be a team fighting for a playoff spot while the Rockets still end up with a top 3 seed.

Lol @ "the pelicans are going to be fighting for a playoff spot."
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:57 pm    Post subject:

Middleton + WCS good for plan C?
PartyMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:02 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Judah wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
defense wrote:
One game
1 game
Won game

Settle down

NO was fighting for a playoff spot when they had a healthy DMC and Rondo.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:29 am    Post subject:

PartyMan wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Judah wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
defense wrote:
One game
1 game
Won game

Settle down

NO was fighting for a playoff spot when they had a healthy DMC and Rondo.

Is Rondo better than Payton? Payton looked good passing to AD and Holiday today.....great players make passers look good.

Idk what the Pels will be this year I just wanted to say that
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:02 am    Post subject:

I'm rooting for Randle. But I'm not ready to call him a future all star after 1 game.
I like that he's playing with a chip on his shoulder though.
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:39 am    Post subject:

Plan G: max Randle? (Lol.)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 134, 135, 136 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 135 of 8560
Jump to: