OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 137, 138, 139 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:32 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
The year-long competition between Paul George's buyer's remorse and scorned Lakers fans' schadenfreude will be epically pathetic.

Well. He still gets what, $130m?

I think the final laugh will be his.

And he became buddies with Nas, which I'm jealous of.

Both sides need to move on. Having said that, imo the Lakers ditched PG13 as much as he ditched them. It’s pretty obvious to me that Lebron changed the whole dynamic. PG13 wanted LA, but suddenly he didn’t? I think Lebron and company have a master plan and it didn’t involve PG13.

Things, as the kids like to say today, are always fluid.

So in conclusion:
PG13 STFU and Lakers fans STFU

It’s done. Time for a new dance partner for both...
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I can honestly say that the FO has done a fabulous job AND lament Jules being let go. It's not contradictory. When you really look at how we got to where we are, you realize how crippling Moz/Deng was on this team. Unfortunately DLO/Jules were lottery guys that were the price the team paid to get rid of them (or were the cap causalities).

DLO at least had an identifiable return in the form of an extra pick and shedding salary. And given everything GT has passed along about him and his personality, and his clear lack of growth and injury issues, it seems like the right move. Maybe Randle will never make another 3 pointer again, but there was a point where the Lakers knew they weren't keeping him (agree with BVH it was probably before the season even started) and had time to find something for him, while doing their best to manage egos in case they wanted to keep him.

I remember Mitch got a lot of flak for not trading Pau and just letting him go for nothing. In this league, margins matter. Squeezing an extra pick down the road can be the difference between getting a Kuzma or Hart on your team, or having that extra asset that gets you a superstar in a trade. A 7 game series can come down to a guy fouling out or getting an injured and do you have someone that can step up in their place. That's why it's not "nitpicking" to not simply satisfy yourself with "we got LeBron."

That's if you assume that we only have 1 season left.

LBJ's 4 year deal shows he's here for the long haul. Our full championship level squad won't be assembled until 2019. So getting LBJ to me was a major first step. We are lamenting taking 4 steps forward (LBJ) after taking 1 step back (Jules being let go).

True, but we only have one year of cap space left. LeBron is also 33 and we're building a team that wants to run. He signed a 4-year deal, but that doesn't mean the next for for years look the same, we just have to add another piece. That piece has to want to come here or we have to have the ammo to attain him. I look at Boston and I see not only a more talented team, but a team with more ammo to beat us out for that big piece. That's where margins matter. Having LeBron doesn't help you trade for Anthony Davis, but having Randle on your team could have.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
Isn't this the "Free agency and trade thread" Why are people crying about players that belong to other teams?

Julius will be a free agent next summer.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
The year-long competition between Paul George's buyer's remorse and scorned Lakers fans' schadenfreude will be epically pathetic.

Same with randle scenario right?

I don't know, maybe if you stop posting about him it will all go away. Worth a try, right?

hmm i didnt made a single crying post about his game yesterday. so there is that.

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I can honestly say that the FO has done a fabulous job AND lament Jules being let go. It's not contradictory. When you really look at how we got to where we are, you realize how crippling Moz/Deng was on this team. Unfortunately DLO/Jules were lottery guys that were the price the team paid to get rid of them (or were the cap causalities).

DLO at least had an identifiable return in the form of an extra pick and shedding salary. And given everything GT has passed along about him and his personality, and his clear lack of growth and injury issues, it seems like the right move. Maybe Randle will never make another 3 pointer again, but there was a point where the Lakers knew they weren't keeping him (agree with BVH it was probably before the season even started) and had time to find something for him, while doing their best to manage egos in case they wanted to keep him.

I remember Mitch got a lot of flak for not trading Pau and just letting him go for nothing. In this league, margins matter. Squeezing an extra pick down the road can be the difference between getting a Kuzma or Hart on your team, or having that extra asset that gets you a superstar in a trade. A 7 game series can come down to a guy fouling out or getting an injured and do you have someone that can step up in their place. That's why it's not "nitpicking" to not simply satisfy yourself with "we got LeBron."

That's if you assume that we only have 1 season left.

LBJ's 4 year deal shows he's here for the long haul. Our full championship level squad won't be assembled until 2019. So getting LBJ to me was a major first step. We are lamenting taking 4 steps forward (LBJ) after taking 1 step back (Jules being let go).

True, but we only have one year of cap space left. LeBron is also 33 and we're building a team that wants to run. He signed a 4-year deal, but that doesn't mean the next for for years look the same, we just have to add another piece. That piece has to want to come here or we have to have the ammo to attain him. I look at Boston and I see not only a more talented team, but a team with more ammo to beat us out for that big piece. That's where margins matter. Having LeBron doesn't help you trade for Anthony Davis, but having Randle on your team could have.

We should also probably always note that he signed a 3+1 deal.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject:

We should sign DLO and Randle next year.

Last edited by chantruong on Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:43 am    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
We should DLO and Randle next year.

Hellz yeah, I'm down!
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:47 am    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
Isn't this the "Free agency and trade thread" Why are people crying about players that belong to other teams?

I'm hoping we learn lessons from past mistakes and apply them to future offseasons. And hell, Randle might end up being the best free agent we can get.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:

And then trade for Nance and Clarkson.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
chantruong wrote:

No JC
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:

This reminds me of how Manchester United let Paul Pogba go as a youth player only to sign him back from Juventus for over 100 million.

Except for neither DLO or Randle are Paul Pogba.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
chantruong wrote:

This reminds me of how Manchester United let Paul Pogba go as a youth player only to sign him back from Juventus for over 100 million.

Thanks, Nostradamus.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:54 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
chantruong wrote:

Thanks, Nostradamus.

Paul Pogba's a top 5 soccer player... if you think they might become that...
Knock yourself out.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:56 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
chantruong wrote:

Thanks, Nostradamus.

Paul Pogba's a top 5 soccer player... if you think they might become that...
Knock yourself out.

You've photoshopped Ingram's head on Messi's body, you weirdo.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:02 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
chantruong wrote:

Tim Hardaway Jr. Part 2?

Just sign them to 12 mill per year but for three years. We can pretend we signed Randle to the 4 yr 50 mill contract I keep hearing about. 12 mill a year should be enough to pry DLO from the Nets or whomever.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
chantruong wrote:

Tim Hardaway Jr. Part 2?

Just sign them to 12 mill per year but for three years. We can pretend we signed Randle to the 4 yr 50 mill contract I keep hearing about. 12 mill a year should be enough to pry DLO from the Nets or whomever.

If Jules can get his 3ball consistently then he will most likely get that money. PASS on Dlo. Nothing upside about his talent nor his physical tools that he can take his game to another level. And not having that work ethic and diva personality will not help him either and a gimpy knees to boot . I hope it works out for him with the Nets. I’m happy with Hart.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:22 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Well. He still gets what, $130m?

I think the final laugh will be his.

And he became buddies with Nas, which I'm jealous of.

Both sides need to move on. Having said that, imo the Lakers ditched PG13 as much as he ditched them. It’s pretty obvious to me that Lebron changed the whole dynamic. PG13 wanted LA, but suddenly he didn’t? I think Lebron and company have a master plan and it didn’t involve PG13.

Things, as the kids like to say today, are always fluid.

So in conclusion:
PG13 STFU and Lakers fans STFU

It’s done. Time for a new dance partner for both...

If LeBron changed the whole dynamic that's pretty weird. Our no. 1 target all along was LeBron and we were the favorites to land him.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:24 am    Post subject:

I think it's likely that Jules' exodus was the result of a turf war between Mintz and Pelinka, with Randle being collateral damage. Like the Dlo situation, I ain't crying over spilt milk.

Still, I think we're in an adequate position going forward given the assets and cap flexibility we currently have. Sure having LeBron isn't the end all be all, but it's a HECK of a stepping stone. Much better than where we were two seasons ago.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:29 am    Post subject:

Magic says Ingram is big time and will turn into the second star in the team after Lebron. Pretty much singled out Ingram as a future superstar after saying they drafted well last year. He also said ZO will have a really good season and that Lebron and Rondo is having a positive impact on his mentality.

Last edited by saetarubia on Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:30 am    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:

He has a player option, don’t think he has any plans to leave the Pelicans as he and AD can turn into a very nice duo.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:33 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

He has a player option, don’t think he has any plans to leave the Pelicans as he and AD can turn into a very nice duo.

Depends on the offers he gets. He's on 9 M a season. He'd easily decline the player option if he gets 12 M+ for example.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:38 am    Post subject:

Per WOJ, NBA told teams no changes to High School players into draft prior to 2022. So that makes trading picks before then somewhat more palatable.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:44 am    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

Depends on the offers he gets. He's on 9 M a season. He'd easily decline the player option if he gets 12 M+ for example.

Which team with cap space next summer will give him what he wants? If I was him I would stay with the Pelicans, assuming there are whispers that AD is gonna stay there, they will be a good team year after year, unless he just wants to cash in with whoever offers him money.
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:53 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
chantruong wrote:

So essentially we want our lottery team again? Well, I can at least say one thing, laker fans are loyal!
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:56 am    Post subject:

Vanquish wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
chantruong wrote:

So essentially we want our lottery team again? Well, I can at least say one thing, laker fans are loyal!

Maybe we trade LBJ for PG as well. We can finally live the dream of 2017.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 137, 138, 139 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 138 of 8560
Jump to: