OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 140, 141, 142 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:50 am    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Ingram, Kuzma, Ball for Anthony Davis.

If you're the Pels, would you honestly take that over what the Celts can offer in 2019-20? Nope.

What will they offer? No Tatum. Kyrie can't be traded as he's FA. I don't think Lakers will offer all three either. Will have to give up Ingram though.

Brown
Smart (Filler deal)
Rozier
2019 Sacto pick
Memphis pick

For starters. That easily trumps our deal. Plus we don't have the best filler salary either.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:13 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

If you're the Pels, would you honestly take that over what the Celts can offer in 2019-20? Nope.

What will they offer? No Tatum. Kyrie can't be traded as he's FA. I don't think Lakers will offer all three either. Will have to give up Ingram though.

Brown
Smart (Filler deal)
Rozier
2019 Sacto pick
Memphis pick

For starters. That easily trumps our deal. Plus we don't have the best filler salary either.

That offer trumps bi/ball/kuzma?

Come on man
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:18 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

Brown
Smart (Filler deal)
Rozier
2019 Sacto pick
Memphis pick

Come on man

Maybe not to Lakers fans, but to a non Lakers fan, yes.

We are seeing it from a very Lakers centric viewpoint here.

BI is really going to replace AD as a box office attraction? Um no.

Lonzo is not perceived favorably nationally. And Kuz, nice player, but he has his limitations.

Pels probably want some starters on rookie deals and lottery picks (Sacto will be one) and Memphis could be one too.

And Lakers aren't trading both BI and Lonzo to begin with, while I can see the Celts trading those guys as they have surpluses.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:20 am    Post subject:

It's only one game, buuuuut Jimmy Butler would be the worst pairing with Lebron.
Wvc0925
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:20 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

Brown
Smart (Filler deal)
Rozier
2019 Sacto pick
Memphis pick

Come on man

Lonzo is not perceived favorably nationally. And Kuz, nice player, but he has his limitations.

Pels probably want some starters on rookie deals and lottery picks (Sacto will be one) and Memphis could be one too.

And Lakers aren't trading both BI and Lonzo to begin with, while I can see the Celts trading those guys as they have surpluses.

Brown is the best player in that trade
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:24 am    Post subject:

Wvc0925 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

Brown
Smart (Filler deal)
Rozier
2019 Sacto pick
Memphis pick

Come on man

Brown is the best player in that trade

The 2019 Sacto pick is the best player in the trade.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:25 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

Brown
Smart (Filler deal)
Rozier
2019 Sacto pick
Memphis pick

Come on man

Rozier will be a RFA and probably won't be included in the trade unless there is mutual interest between him and New Orleans.

If the Sacramento pick is #3 and the Memphis pick is #12, then the Boston package is better.

Comparisons

Brown - Ingram
#3 - Kuzma
#12 - Ball

or

Brown - Kuzma
#3 - Ingram
#12 - Ball

I don't see Ball currently having the value of #12 in the 2019 draft even if it is considered a so - so draft.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:26 am    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

Brown
Smart (Filler deal)
Rozier
2019 Sacto pick
Memphis pick

Come on man

Rozier will be a RFA and probably won't be included in the trade unless there is mutual interest between him and New Orleans.

If the Sacramento pick is #3 and the Memphis pick is #12, then the Boston package is better.

Comparisons

Brown - Ingram
#3 - Kuzma
#12 - Ball

or

Brown - Kuzma
#3 - Ingram
#12 - Ball

I don't see Ball currently having the value of #12 in the 2019 draft even if it is considered a so - so draft.

Rozier would be perfect for them so Jrue could play the combo guard spot. Worked really well for them with Jrue/Rondo.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:27 am    Post subject:

regardless Celts can't trade for AD if they keep Irving on the roster this year.

So my point is that Pels would likely wait until 2019-20 season before looking around.

They're not breaking this team apart right now for no reason.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:33 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
regardless Celts can't trade for AD if they keep Irving on the roster this year.

So my point is that Pels would likely wait until 2019-20 season before looking around.

Exactly. Every team should have an AD trade package ready, but the clock doesn't start ticking for the Pels until next summer unless something goes very wrong in the next 2-3 months.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:36 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Exactly. Every team should have an AD trade package ready, but the clock doesn't start ticking for the Pels until next summer unless something goes very wrong in the next 2-3 months.

We'll be surprised at the package deals for a HOF level player. This isn't PG13 or Boogie we're talking about. Teams will offer a king's ransom. Lakers won't offer both BI/Lonzo so whatever other offer they conjure will likely be inferior.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:41 am    Post subject:

I think our FO will be patient and wait until the off season to make a play for AD (it would be stupid to trade for him now). We can offer a package of BI and Zo plus change (I do not think anyone can top our offer). There will be an 11 million dollar price difference if we did not offer any more pieces (we can easily absorb this with our available cap space). I think Magic would like to have a handshake agreement and fill out the roster before completing the trade. Rest assured, Lebron is already recruiting and I think Magic will already have a good idea of who wants to join the party and at what discount they will agree to. Magic can speak to ANY player in the league via LJ.

Last edited by RI Laker on Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:43 am; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:42 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
I think our FO will be patient and wait until the off season to make a play for AD (it would be stupid to trade for him now). They want to see what BI does this season. We can offer a package of BI and Zo plus change (I do not think anyone can top our offer). There will be an 11 million dollar price difference if we did not offer any more pieces (we can easily absorb this with our available cap space). I think Magic would like to have a handshake agreement and fill out the roster before completing the trade. Rest assured. Lebron is already recruiting and I think we will already have a good idea of who wants to join the party and at what discount they will agree to. Magic can speak to ANY player in the league via LJ.

Honestly as BVH has also stated, other teams will have more compelling packages to put together. As much as we love BI/Lonzo internally, I don't think many teams see them as all-NBA level talent swaps for a HOF level player in AD. And other teams will bolster their trade packages that will include lottery picks while we won't have that trade asset.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:44 am    Post subject:

Opening night Stauskas is a near max FA in 2019.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:47 am    Post subject:

No doubt, we do not have the picks that other teams have (time will tell where the picks fall). However, not being a homer, but I do not see any team who will be willing to offer a player at BI's level (and it would not surprise me if BI has a big year and we take him off the table). Word here is the Celts are not trading Tatum and Brown. Rozier (who I believe will be gone before the deadline) and picks will not get it done.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:48 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

Brown
Smart (Filler deal)
Rozier
2019 Sacto pick
Memphis pick

Come on man

My bad. I overlooked that offer and forgot j brown was in it

I actually really like j brown. He just gets it, on and off court.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:49 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
No doubt, we do not have the picks that other teams have (time will tell where the picks fall). However, not being a homer, but I do not see any team who will be willing to offer a player at BI's level (and it would not surprise me if BI has a big year and we take him off the table). Word here is the Celts are not trading Tatum and Brown. Rozier (who I believe will be gone before the deadline) and picks will not get it done.

If it's the difference in getting AD, Brown will be added (and they keep Tatum/Hayward regardless).

That Sacto pick is likely top 3, and Memphis could be a lottery pick too. For a rebuilding Pels you can't ask for more than that.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:58 am    Post subject:

Is there even a path for them to do it in terms of the cap? I am far from a cap expert, but it does not appear that trading a package of Smart, Brown and change is enough outgoing salary.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:58 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
Is there even a path for them to do it in terms of the cap? I am far from a cap expert, but it does not appear that trading a package of Smart, Brown and change is enough outgoing salary.

It is, when you add fillers.

Our problem is if we are adding a max FA, we have no filler salaries.

Lonzo/BI (doubt we trade both) would be way below what AD is making.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:59 am    Post subject:

Can the Lakers add Lillard this deadline and get Kawhi in summer?

Lillard makes what 27/28m
Wvc0925
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:59 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

Brown
Smart (Filler deal)
Rozier
2019 Sacto pick
Memphis pick

Come on man

Comparisons

Brown - Ingram
#3 - Kuzma
#12 - Ball

or

Brown - Kuzma
#3 - Ingram
#12 - Ball

Rozier would be perfect for them so Jrue could play the combo guard spot. Worked really well for them with Jrue/Rondo.

They have Payton now
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:00 am    Post subject:

Wvc0925 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

Brown
Smart (Filler deal)
Rozier
2019 Sacto pick
Memphis pick

Come on man

Comparisons

Brown - Ingram
#3 - Kuzma
#12 - Ball

or

Brown - Kuzma
#3 - Ingram
#12 - Ball

They have Payton now

I'm talking 2019-20. Celts can't trade for AD now due to Rose rules. And Payton is on a 1 year deal and they have no Bird rights. Rozier is superior to Payton in so many more meaningful ways.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:06 am    Post subject:

I still do not see a path this year or next. This year the salaries will not match and both teams are above the cap. I do not think the Celts would do Al or Hayward dirty next year. Kyrie is the problem for them. They are worried because he told them last year he would sign with the NY. Now he is saying he will resign. Has anyone even come up with a realistic scenario of a trade in regards to salaries? I would love to see it.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:11 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
I still do not see a path this year or next. This year the salaries will not match and both teams are above the cap. I do not think the Celts would do Al or Hayward dirty next year. Kyrie is the problem for them. They are worried because he told them last year he would sign with the NY. Now he is saying he will resign. Has anyone even come up with a realistic scenario of a trade in regards to salaries? I would love to see it.

AD makes 27m in 2019-20.

Smart = 12.5 (2019-20 salaries)
Brown = 6.5
Rozier = 4.2

Boom you're basically there.

Throw in a 2019 Sacto and Memphis pick and I can't see how any team beats that.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:

When Cleveland traded for Love, they signed Wiggins to his rookie contract then had to wait until he could be traded 30 days later to Minnesota.

If Boston has to do the same with the Sacramento and Memphis pick to make the salary numbers work, then that is what will happen.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 140, 141, 142 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 141 of 8560
Jump to: