OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 144, 145, 146 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:46 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
The clearest path to a Championship is signing either Durant or Thompson as either would greatly weaken the Warriors.

Since the Warriors are going to be in serious financial trouble if they max out their big five, Lakers might have a chance.

Butler is good, and an upgrade over what they now have, I'M glad PG didn't sign here, he does not play with a fire-in-his-belly!

I like Kawhi, he should be the Lakers third choice. But I could see him staying with the cRaptors to get max. money (like PG did).

Fourth should be Cousins, is he returns to form.

Marc Gasol or DeAndre Jordan should be our main C target not Cousins even if he has more talent and game.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
The clearest path to a Championship is signing either Durant or Thompson as either would greatly weaken the Warriors.

Since the Warriors are going to be in serious financial trouble if they max out their big five, Lakers might have a chance.

Butler is good, and an upgrade over what they now have, I'M glad PG didn't sign here, he does not play with a fire-in-his-belly!

I like Kawhi, he should be the Lakers third choice. But I could see him staying with the cRaptors to get max. money (like PG did).

Marc Gasol or DeAndre Jordan should be our main C target not Cousins even if he has more talent and game.

No
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

No

You never like any player lol you already know Gasol or Jordan can help us more then a broken down Cousins can.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

I'd take Marc on a championship window discount. He is an honorary Laker.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

You never seem to consider how much it would cost to sign the guys that you suggest. They only have one max slot, bro, not two or three.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:05 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

You never seem to consider how much it would cost to sign the guys that you suggest. They only have one max slot, bro, not two or three.

DJ seemed to love L.A. when he was a Clipper, I can see him giving the FO a nice discount especially since he will have a opportunity to win a championship, of course that is assuming he isn’t enticed by the Mavericks experience by staying there and his hometown Texas, Gasol is the only obstacle.. but I can see FAs coming here on a nice discount, they know we are a contender and not some clown joke team.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

No

No x2
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

Fourth should be Cousins, if he returns to form.

No

You never like any player lol you already know Gasol or Jordan can help us more then a broken down Cousins can.

What did I say? I said "IF COUSINS RETURNS TO FORM"

Do you know his stats before the injury? He was at 25ppg and 13rpg

MUCH better that Gasol or Jordan..

And if he does not return to form, I would not want either of those two guys, especially for the money they will be looking for...

Last edited by unleasHell on Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:35 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

He still has a 25+ mil player option next year which he will most certainly opt into. 2020 at the earliest but how much will his game decline?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:41 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

Fourth should be Cousins, if he returns to form.

No

What did I say? I said "IF COUSINS RETURNS TO FORM"

Do you know his stats before the injury? He was at 25ppg and 13rpg

MUCH better that Gasol or Jordan..

And if he does not return to form, I would not want either of those two guys, especially for the money they will be looking for...

So you ignored my post that I know he has talent and game? And how would you tell us on the chances he returns to form? You know it’s very low, he will still be posting double figure points but it won’t be the same explosive player, at least when Rudy Gay got the ACL injury he was just a SF/PF and he’s done a good job returning to some sort of decent level of play.. bigs will be have more problematic to return to any sort of form status.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:44 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

He still has a 25+ mil player option next year which he will most certainly opt into. 2020 at the earliest but how much will his game decline?

True, but there's a slim chance he walks away if the Grizz are terrible this season instead of just merely bad. Or requests a trade using free agency as a cudgel.

By 2020 I expect his game will age well if he's asked to be a 4th option.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:28 am    Post subject:

I would take a run on Gasol. You'd have to talk with him beforehand and get a verbal agreement he opts out. It's possible. Winning may be important enough to him that he comes back that he opts out to come back at a discount. If money is more imporant, he opts out and signs a longer term deal. Honestly, he'd be a tremendous addition to our team. I would totally give up a first for him. Worst case scenario, he opts in, and we have a really good player on our roster still. Then again, i'm way less bullish than most people on here that we have a realistic shot at Kawhi or Durant. But i think if either wanted to come here, Gasol wouldn't stop that from happening by opting in. If he has a chance to play with Lebron and one of those guys, he'll help make it happen.

Only tricky thing is making salaries work. You'd have to do Lance + Beasley + KCP to make it happen. Can Lebron and Rich Paul pressure KCP to waive his NTC?
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:27 am    Post subject:

I doubt we do anything at the deadline. If we don't sign that plum max FA (KD, Klay, KL), I would be FINE with signing a next tier FA for less than max. That would leave us with enough cap space to take in more $ than we send out in a trade (AD).
lakersibleed
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:25 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

A serious discount tho... He is being pushed out of this league to me... He moves way to slow!!
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject:

I'd trade any member of our young core for Jaren Jackson Jr.

He's going to be an absolute superstar in a couple years
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:33 am    Post subject:

If the price is the same... I'd take the chance on Boogie over Gasol or DeAndre.

The thing that worries me is that Marc's shooting has gone way down the last few years. His overall production has been good, although on a bad team where he could pad his stats.

Boogie outrebounded Marc by almost double before the injury, and outscored him by almost 50%.

Even factoring in the injury, I think Boogie will probably still produce more.

But if Marc is cheap... then he should have a few more years left if you go by Pau's production. That would be the only condition where I'd sign him...
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:42 am    Post subject:

Hmmmm

https://twitter.com/yahoosportsnba/status/1053644465070465024?s=21
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:49 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Hmmmm

https://twitter.com/yahoosportsnba/status/1053644465070465024?s=21

This is their best chance at a title. Great move on their part.
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:01 am    Post subject:

If we keep all our young guys we will have like ~35-40m yeah?

Wondering if we’d have enough to convince Marc Gasol to come on a discount with a max.

I foresee KD leaving GS and Warriors add Marc Gasol and Trevor Ariza
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:04 am    Post subject:

I think we get KD or Kawhi.

I think AD stays in New Orleans and they trade their pick at deadline for Lou a Will and Pat Beverly. Then I see them using their MLE on a guy like Ariza/Bradley type.

I think Wolves end up trading Jimmy to Houston or to Clippers. I have a feeling Butler is a Clip next year.

I think Kawhi will like TOR and also be interested in LAC but I think Magic + Bron + Kobe can sway Kawhi.

KD to Knicks w Kemba (and they draft Cam Reddish).

Something tells me Pelinka knows they have a max guy already —- and I don’t think KD knows what he’s doing yet - so I lean that we have Kawhi.
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject:

Wonder if we could get Ariza for KCP and a 2nd at deadline
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject:

I'm trying my best to not keep up with Kawhi and get my hopes up but I want KL more then I ever wanted PG tbh.
NotHype
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:09 am    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
I'm trying my best to not keep up with Kawhi and get my hopes up but I want KL more then I ever wanted PG tbh.

LeBron & Kawhi won’t be a great fit like people think.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:13 am    Post subject:

NotHype wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

You can also view it as two or three years together, then the changing of the guard. I wouldn't be too picky about fit when we are talking about three different generations of players... LBJ/Kawhi/Ingram
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject:

NotHype wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

didn't even think of that, I'm just a fan of Kawhi Leonard style of basketball.

Also, I'd really dig the dynamic of him and Ingram on defense.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 144, 145, 146 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 145 of 8560
Jump to: