OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 149, 150, 151 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:17 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Right now as of a small 2 game sample we do not have a true number 2 option.

They may have no one who can reliably create his own shot outside of Lebron and Stephenson.

I'm already thawing on going after Kemba.

Things will get better, but who could've possibly guessed that not adding an additional (efficient) PnR/iso scorer would've exacerbated a noticeable weakness on the Lakers roster? /s

Although I guess they did try to address that by signing...Lance Stephenson. While ignoring anything resembling efficiency.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:19 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

They may have no one who can reliably create his own shot outside of Lebron and Stephenson.

Things will get better, but who could've possibly guessed that not adding an additional (efficient) PnR/iso scorer would've exacerbated a noticeable weakness on the Lakers roster? /s

Although I guess they did try to address that by signing...Lance Stephenson. While ignoring anything resembling efficiency.

Interesting lineup could be something like:

Kemba/Lonzo/BI/LBJ/FA center.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:22 am    Post subject:

Speaking of Kemba, he leads the league with 19 3s in 3 games.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:24 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

We had one on our bench that we could have signed for 2 million and we let him go to the already powerful Nuggets.

You guys all promised me defense... and although we got the switchability and I can see some of the benefit... we lack scorers who can reliably put the ball in the hoop. If we aren't stopping them anyway... we could have used the guy.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:26 am    Post subject:

No thanks to kemba walker
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:31 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Speaking of Kemba, he leads the league with 19 3s in 3 games.

He’s been lights out so far

I really love the thought of a Kemba/Lonzo back court I just don’t see how we can acquire him without giving up too much
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject:

Kemba Walker is a great player... my only worry with him is that we would have to use a max contract... so I think there's better value at that price.

If he comes for less than the max... then he's worth it... Otherwise, I'd bide my time and wait for a bigger fish.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:35 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

We had one on our bench that we could have signed for 2 million and we let him go to the already powerful Nuggets.

You guys all promised me defense... and although we got the switchability and I can see some of the benefit... we lack scorers who can reliably put the ball in the hoop. If we aren't stopping them anyway... we could have used the guy.

Dude, IT is still out injured. He wasn't good offensively last season while recovering from that same injury.

Last edited by Baron Von Humongous on Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:35 am; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:35 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Um. Has he even played any games (preseason or regular) for the Nuggets?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:36 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Kemba Walker is a great player... my only worry with him is that we would have to use a max contract... so I think there's better value at that price.

If he comes for less than the max... then he's worth it... Otherwise, I'd bide my time and wait for a bigger fish.

After next offseason there is no more biding your time...cap space effectively gone with BI's cap hold in 2020 offseason.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:36 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

How are they trading for Kemba and maintaining cap space for a Kawhi or Klay? And who are they trading for Kemba? Kuz?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:38 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

How are they trading for Kemba and maintaining cap space for a Kawhi or Klay? And who are they trading for Kemba? Kuz?

Talking about the 2019 offseason.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:38 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Come guys, you know I have been rooting for our team wholeheartedly... but it's stubborn not to see we could use the guy... or use Boogie for that matter.

I still am optimistic about the team overall... but it was a miscalculation not to sign either of them... even if they are only good for the second half of the season.

Anyway, as some of you have said, it might have been LBJ's choice... and so far it's looked like he's had some regrettable influence on the roster so far... and he hasn't played well enough himself to offset the bad choices.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject:

I would still sign Tyreke Evans over Rondo next season, though the former probably gets the full MLE or more from someone and the latter may be inclined to chill out and call LA home to end his career.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:41 am    Post subject:

I would still sign Tyreke Evans over Rondo next season, though the former probably gets the full MLE or more from someone and the latter may be inclined to chill out and call LA home to end his career.

Yeah. He'll be too expensive for the room exception.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:45 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

That'd be a bit disappointing, but I could see it happening. The discussion was trading for him or another creator midseason to try and take some of the scoring burden off of Lebron as the team scraps for the playoffs.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:46 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Yeah. He'll be too expensive for the room exception.

While he makes the same money this season as KCP.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:48 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

That'd be a bit disappointing, but I could see it happening. The discussion was trading for him or another creator midseason to try and take some of the scoring burden off of Lebron as the team scraps for the playoffs.

Yeah. As much of a Kemba as I am, he's a Plan C guy for me but there is a possibility that he may be one of the few guys willing to come.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:51 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Come guys, you know I have been rooting for our team wholeheartedly... but it's stubborn not to see we could use the guy... or use Boogie for that matter.

I still am optimistic about the team overall... but it was a miscalculation not to sign either of them... even if they are only good for the second half of the season.

Anyway, as some of you have said, it might have been LBJ's choice... and so far it's looked like he's had some regrettable influence on the roster so far... and he hasn't played well enough himself to offset the bad choices.

The Lakers could certainly use 2016-17 MVP candidate IT. You seem to not be willing to conceive of a 30-ish 5'8 guard reliant on quickness who has had a lingering hip injury for more than a year may have been physically diminished to the point where he's no longer a significant rotation contributor to a Western Conference playoff team. You're like the Derrick Rose stans who think the guy's just around the corner from regaining his MVP form.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:51 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yeah. As much of a Kemba as I am, he's a Plan C guy for me but there is a possibility that he may be one of the few guys willing to come.

Well, when Lebron demands a trade for Kemba midseason, who do you think the FO will be willing to part with?
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:53 am    Post subject:

Kemba or Lillard would arguably be the most impactful fit for our team other than AD.

We have players that can somewhat duplicate the contributions of Kawhi or Klay, albeit weaker versions... we don't have players who can do what those two can or AD.

So I'd be cool with signing Kemba... just annoyed that we didn't take a chance on the 2 million dollar version in case somehow he's healthy again.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:57 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

The Lakers could certainly use 2016-17 MVP candidate IT. You seem to not be willing to conceive of a 30-ish 5'8 guard reliant on quickness who has had a lingering hip injury for more than a year may have been physically diminished to the point where he's no longer a significant rotation contributor to a Western Conference playoff team. You're like the Derrick Rose stans who think the guy's just around the corner from regaining his MVP form.

At 20 million of course I understood your guys point... at 2 million you can sign almost anyone and take a chance.

Even if it's 25% chance he'll be a 20 PPG scorer... you try it... and I think that's achievable.

However, I've made peace with it because I think LBJ dictated his future so I have to accept it. But I'm very worried he will burn us in the playoffs.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:01 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Well, when Lebron demands a trade for Kemba midseason, who do you think the FO will be willing to part with?

I don't even want to think about it.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:02 am    Post subject:

We could really use a guy like Buddy Hield or Brogdon
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:02 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Kemba or Lillard would arguably be the most impactful fit for our team other than AD.

We have players that can somewhat duplicate the contributions of Kawhi or Klay, albeit weaker versions... we don't have players who can do what those two can or AD.

So I'd be cool with signing Kemba... just annoyed that we didn't take a chance on the 2 million dollar version in case somehow he's healthy again.

IT is not a 2m version of it.

last time I checked Kemba is healthy and playing games on a consistent basis.

You have to let go of IT man, it's getting sad to see you hold onto him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 149, 150, 151 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 150 of 8560
Jump to: