OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 150, 151, 152 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:03 am    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
We could really use a guy like Buddy Hield or Brogdon

Svi is coming...

ETA: damn, both those dudes are old!
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Kemba or Lillard would arguably be the most impactful fit for our team other than AD.

We have players that can somewhat duplicate the contributions of Kawhi or Klay, albeit weaker versions... we don't have players who can do what those two can or AD.

So I'd be cool with signing Kemba... just annoyed that we didn't take a chance on the 2 million dollar version in case somehow he's healthy again.

IT is not a 2m version of it.

last time I checked Kemba is healthy and playing games on a consistent basis.

You have to let go of IT man, it's getting sad to see you hold onto him.

IT will produce 75% of what Kemba can for 2 million.

Kemba's going to cost 30 million, especially if he keeps showing up during this contract season.

I have no illusion IT will be better than Kemba... I simply said we could use his scoring for 2 million dollars.

He will be able to at minimum create his shot and find the open man and occasionally put up 20. He did this last year, without the surgery.

So unless he's worse than before the surgery... he will probably be a good sixth man type of player.

We need a Lou Williams/IT, instant offense type player... My only hope for us is that no vision Luke will put in Svi.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
LKA wrote:

Svi is coming...

Hopefully.

If we can’t develop one good shooter I’m gonna assume something is wrong around here
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:23 am    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
LKA wrote:

Svi is coming...

Hopefully.

If we can’t develop one good shooter I’m gonna assume something is wrong around here

Achem! Lonzo Ball is a 40% 3pt shooter.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:31 am    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
LKA wrote:

Svi is coming...

Hopefully.

Opponents are giving Lonzo that shot, they're gambling that he will miss which is why he's usually open. Good thing is Lonzo has been making them.

The thing that worries me is that he doesn't have a quick release, most of his 3 point shots right now, Lonzo stands there pausing for like a second before going into his shooting motion as if he's thinking about it. He moves, catches the ball, pauses, then shoots. If he can eliminate that pause, and just move, catch, shoot in one fluid motion, he'll be a helluva more effective as a shooter.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:33 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
LKA wrote:
LKA wrote:

Svi is coming...

Hopefully.

Opponents are giving Lonzo that shot, they're gambling that he will miss which is why he's usually open. It's a good thing Lonzo has been making them.

The thing that worries me is that he doesn't have a quick release, most of his 3 point shots right now, Lonzo stands there pausing for like a second before going into his shooting motion as if he's thinking about it. He moves, catches the ball, pauses, then shoots. If he can eliminate that pause, he'll be a helluva more effective as a shooter.

Some of that pause is because teams are leaving him so wide open. Every wide open shooter takes extra time to line it up.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:35 am    Post subject:

Considering his free throw shooting... the less pausing the better.

(He has been looking better from the line though)
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
LKA wrote:
LKA wrote:

Svi is coming...

Hopefully.

If we can’t develop one good shooter I’m gonna assume something is wrong around here :lol:

Opponents are giving Lonzo that shot, they're gambling that he will miss which is why he's usually open. Good thing is Lonzo has been making them.

The thing that worries me is that he doesn't have a quick release, most of his 3 point shots right now, Lonzo stands there pausing for like a second before going into his shooting motion as if he's thinking about it. He moves, catches the ball, pauses, then shoots. If he can eliminate that pause, and just move, catch, shoot in one fluid motion, he'll be a helluva more effective as a shooter.

He spent the summer fixing some of the mechanics. The speed will come as he gets more reps. That shot will be a work in progress for at least another season or two. As long as they're going in when he's wide open, that's a huge step forward.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
LKA wrote:
LKA wrote:

Svi is coming...

Hopefully.

Opponents are giving Lonzo that shot, they're gambling that he will miss which is why he's usually open. It's a good thing Lonzo has been making them.

The thing that worries me is that he doesn't have a quick release, most of his 3 point shots right now, Lonzo stands there pausing for like a second before going into his shooting motion as if he's thinking about it. He moves, catches the ball, pauses, then shoots. If he can eliminate that pause, he'll be a helluva more effective as a shooter.

Some of that pause is because teams are leaving him so wide open. Every wide open shooter takes extra time to line it up.

Lonzo's shooting has always had a slight pause/longer gather on his jumper wide open or guarded.

^ If he can do this, limit that pause, or shorten that gather time, he'd be more effective and maybe Luke can start drawing up some shooter plays where he can take shots off the curls too:

Last edited by Nash Vegas on Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:46 am; edited 4 times in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Kemba or Lillard would arguably be the most impactful fit for our team other than AD.

We have players that can somewhat duplicate the contributions of Kawhi or Klay, albeit weaker versions... we don't have players who can do what those two can or AD.

So I'd be cool with signing Kemba... just annoyed that we didn't take a chance on the 2 million dollar version in case somehow he's healthy again.

Kemba's going to cost 30 million, especially if he keeps showing up during this contract season.

I have no illusion IT will be better than Kemba... I simply said we could use his scoring for 2 million dollars.

He will be able to at minimum create his shot and find the open man and occasionally put up 20. He did this last year, without the surgery.

So unless he's worse than before the surgery... he will probably be a good sixth man type of player.

We need a Lou Williams/IT, instant offense type player... My only hope for us is that no vision Luke will put in Svi.

IT can't stay on the court. So saying he will give you 75% of Kemba is patently false.

And IT still thinks (but won't say anymore) that he deserves more money. He will try to get more than a minimum next year.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:02 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

IT can't stay on the court. So saying he will give you 75% of Kemba is patently false.

And IT still thinks (but won't say anymore) that he deserves more money. He will try to get more than a minimum next year.

Yinoma, you have moved the goalposts continuously from willing to sign him to two years, to one year, to low salary, to not at all.

I don't know why this is... but we'll just have to disagree on this one.

You don't want him, you don't think he'll ever be good again... I think he might be. We should just leave it there.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:04 am    Post subject:

There are no goalposts to move.

He's hurt. He's getting older.

You keep interjecting him inexplicably when he's not even cleared to play and comparing him with Kemba who is off to a great start this year.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:05 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

You keep interjecting him inexplicably when he's not even cleared to play and comparing him with Kemba who is off to a great start this year.

He's a similar type player who may be a good value by the end of the year.

If you can't see it... that's on you.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

He was a net negative player last year and then had postseason surgery. Nothing suggests he’ll be able to be a positive player this year let alone 75% of Kemba.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
LKA wrote:

Svi is coming...

Hopefully.

I wonder how long he can keep it up. (finger crossed)
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:18 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Not at all.

Aside from availability being important, the chances of Kemba being a far superior player is a reason why one is begging for a 1 year minimum deal while the other may be in line for a big payday.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:44 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
LKA wrote:
LKA wrote:

Svi is coming...

Hopefully.

Lonzo's shooting has always had a slight pause/longer gather on his jumper wide open or guarded.

^ If he can do this, limit that pause, or shorten that gather time, he'd be more effective and maybe Luke can start drawing up some shooter plays where he can take shots off the curls too:

There's a difference between a slight pause and his long gather, which he's shortened this summer by having a less exaggerated wind-up.

When guys go under or don't get out to him, he takes his time lining up the shot, sure. But even last season as his confidence built up and teams started guarding him occasionally on the perimeter more tightly, you can see his quicker release without the pause on his stepbacks and even C&S:

Yes, he doesn't shoot like Curry.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:32 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

He was a net negative player last year and then had postseason surgery. Nothing suggests he’ll be able to be a positive player this year let alone 75% of Kemba.

Kemba last year 22 PPG and 5.6 APG playing 34 minutes

IT last year 15 PPG and 4.8 APG playing playing 27 minutes while injured

He had surgery to fix his issue... he costs one fifteenth the price.

And I'm out of line suggesting we risk 2 million for someone who produced 75% of what Kemba did before he was repaired?

If we are talking the same price... I can see yours and Yinoma's point.

But at one fifteenth or one tenth the price... it was totally reasonable to want to try a player who exceeded Kemba's scoring only two years ago.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject:

Good lord, why do we keep on having to talk about Mr. 1/10th or 1/15th? He's gone.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:36 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Good lord, why do we keep on having to talk about Mr. 1/10th or 1/15th? He's gone.

Who?
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

You brought up considering signing Kemba... which I agreed with for the most part.

I pointed out we could have had a cut rate Kemba for 2 million this year.

You think Kemba is a good plan C if we don't land a KD or Kawhi.

I thought IT was a good backup scorer for 2 million.

Jeez... call me crazy for thinking that when we can't score.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

And I'm out of line suggesting we risk 2 million for someone who produced 75% of what Kemba did before he was repaired?

But at one fifteenth or one tenth the price... it was totally reasonable to want to try a player who exceeded Kemba's scoring only two years ago.

That’s not 75% of 22/5.6 as number 1 option
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

You brought up considering signing Kemba... which I agreed with for the most part.

I bring up Kemba and then you start bringing IT up again and again. We have to move on from him please.

IT can't get off the bench b/c he's hurt. Think about that.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

That’s not 75% of 22/5.6 as number 1 option

You're right... it's better than 75%... but I'm being conservative with my numbers.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

They are averaging 117 a game, they can score.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 150, 151, 152 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 151 of 8560
Jump to: