OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1563, 1564, 1565 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:39 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
Ingram, #4, Hart, another 1st. Keep Zo and Kuz

Kuz isn't worth sacrificing the chance at a 30% max FA and AD. Neither is Zo, but adding Kuz, Moe, and Bonga to your proposed trade makes it possible to have a free agent like Kawhi, AD, and retain Zo.

There is a way to keep Zo and 30% Max?

My question is whether or not the Lakers can sign a 30% max FA and retain Bonga, which hinges on the number of minimum cap holds on the roster.

If the Lakers can sign Kyrie without having to cut Bonga, then it's technically possible: Ingram + Kuz + Hart + Moe + #4 (@120%) + Bonga in a 6-for-1 trade for AD would just barely work.
Karmaloop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:42 am    Post subject:

Kuz isn't worth sacrificing the chance at a 30% max FA and AD. Neither is Zo, but adding Kuz, Moe, and Bonga to your proposed trade makes it possible to have a free agent like Kawhi, AD, and retain Zo.

You can always move Kuzma later on. Let's not pretend ourselves like he isn't easily moveable. If they needed to clear his salary, they could deal him for a heavily protected FRP.
Darkndeep
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:43 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:

Deal
Karmaloop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:44 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
i have a feeling Spurs is working on something behind the scene, you know how much they love lengthy bigs who can shoot.

The Spurs have motivation, but what do they really have to offer? They don't have any notable young players or premium picks. A package based on DeRozan seems rather poor.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:44 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
adkindo wrote:
adkindo wrote:
I would try to get the #6 from Phoenix with Josh Jackson for Lonzo Ball.

Then trade Josh Jackson, Kuzma, Wagner, #4, #6 & 2021 1st Round Pick.

So a three team deal since the Pels would presumably want to pick their oen player at #6.

It do not think it qualifies? Maybe add a Pels future 2nd swapping with PHX.

That would work.

basically so is someone else in the deal from my perception....trading one 2017 draft pick that did not work out and cant shoot for another.....it is about need...PHX desperately needs a PG and have too many young SF's. Jackson appears to be the odd man out.

You're making a false equivalence since Zo is bringing back Jackson and the #6 pick in your proposed trade, but sure. If that's what the Pelicans prefer, then it would make sense to do it since the Lakers would be able to come out of the deal with AD and enough cap space to sign Kyrie.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:45 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:

My question is whether or not the Lakers can sign a 30% max FA and retain Bonga, which hinges on the number of minimum cap holds on the roster.

If the Lakers can sign Kyrie without having to cut Bonga, then it's technically possible: Ingram + Kuz + Hart + Moe + #4 (@120%) + Bonga in a 6-for-1 trade for AD would just barely work.

Can't they do a sign and trade with the team of the other max if theguy wants to come? Give them Kuz. If nobody is coming we keep Kuz
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:49 am    Post subject:

Karmaloop wrote:

You can always move Kuzma later on. Let's not pretend ourselves like he isn't easily moveable. If they needed to clear his salary, they could deal him for a heavily protected FRP.

No, Kuz needs to be retained in order to help match salaries in most propised trades for AD above the cap.

Some posters seem to think getting AD is enough (of course adding depth with remaining cap space after trading for him). I disagree. I think adding AD is insufficient and that he should be seen as the third piece and not the second piece when trying to build a championship caliber roster.

Step 1: sign Lebron
Step 2: sign second star with max cap (Kawhi, Kyrie, Butler, Kemba)
Step 3: trade for AD (need $21M outgoing to match salaries)
Step 4: fill in the gaps (room and vet min exceptions)
Step 5: Larry O'Brien
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:51 am    Post subject:

Lakers totally mismanaged assets and now have to trade a low salary young pay like Kuz to match salaries in order to trade for AD and sign a max guy. SIGH. Zubac, Randle, etc would have been nice to have here.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

Karmaloop wrote:

No, Kuz needs to be retained in order to help match salaries in most propised trades for AD above the cap.

Some posters seem to think getting AD is enough (of course adding depth with remaining cap space after trading for him). I disagree. I think adding AD is insufficient and that he should be seen as the third piece and not the second piece when trying to build a championship caliber roster.

The question is , do you think Rob is thinking the same?
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

Darkndeep wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:

Deal

This trade would require Ingram, Hart, Wagner, Bonga and we would still be about $2 million shy on the salary side.

Would it be possible to use the trade exception from the Zubac trade to bring in a player that would be used just to include in the trade and close the $2 million gap?

I would happily give the #4 and 2 future first round picks with the players listed above if we got to keep Kuz and Zo.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:55 am    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:

Can't they do a sign and trade with the team of the other max if theguy wants to come? Give them Kuz. If nobody is coming we keep Kuz

The Lakers need about $21.7M in outgoing salary to trade for AD above the cap. The issue isn't creating cap space to sign a 30% max FA, it's that the Lakers would need to retain as much salary as possible after signing someone like Kawhi in order to send out $21.7M and still retain one of their big three assets: Zo, BI, #4.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:55 am    Post subject:

Lakers are in a tough spot here.

You can't agree to trade Ball, Ingram, #4, Kuzma for AD without knowing if you're going to sign a max FA.

I don't think you can even agree to trade 2 of 3 (Ball, Ingram, #4), Kuzma without knowing if you're going to sign a max.

Basically the only deal I'd do pre-FA without knowing I'd sign a max would be Ball + #4, Hart, Wagner and Bonga.

Even if you miss out on a max, you still have Ingram, Kuzma to pair with AD and Lebron.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:56 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn

Charlotte’s Marvin Williams has exercised his $15M player option for the 2019-2020 season, league sources tell ESPN.

I love the near off season.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:57 am    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
Karmaloop wrote:

The question is , do you think Rob is thinking the same?

We'll have a better idea in a few days. Magic certainly didn't think so (or was uninterested in some of the more granular details of the CBA like having enough cap space to sign max free agents).
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:57 am    Post subject:

On the contrary you have to think in that scenario if you do land AD how could you not sign a max? With LeBron, AD and basically a free NBA title as the pitch.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:58 am    Post subject:

Charlotte’s Marvin Williams has exercised his $15M player option for the 2019-2020 season, league sources tell ESPN.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:59 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn

What a twist.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

epak wrote:
Quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn

Had no idea he was still in the NBA. $15M for that guy? Wow.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

LKA wrote:
On the contrary you have to think in that scenario if you do land AD how could you not sign a max? With LeBron, AD and basically a free NBA title as the pitch.

I know The Full Metal Alchemist doesn't think AD is a 2nd banana. But it may come down to a 3rd banana signing as the other max FA.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

I wouldn't bother going out of my way to appease Griffin's demands. He's not in the driver's seat here.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:02 am    Post subject:

Actually, beginning to conclude that the Lakers will be better off in the long run without Lebron. Sure he is an all time player.
But the Lakers are making stupid moves to meet his timeframe.
Two years at the most. At the expense of 15 to 20 years of being in the lottery again.
It takes time for wine to age.
It would be best if the Lakers just take him as a player and not try to change the whole roster for him. You saw what was left of Miami and Cavs.
And if Lebron wants a trade trade him for some good assets do it.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:03 am    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
I wouldn't bother going out of my way to appease Griffin's demands. He's not in the driver's seat here.

His worst case scenario is AD comes back next season and they try again before the deadline. That isn't a terrible place to be. We just have to read the market and make sure we aren't bidding against ourselves.
Grodyman
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:05 am    Post subject:

Ok, the Raptors got Kawhi and Green for Derozan, a young center, and a protected future first, which will probably be late round.

Why in the hell are the Lakers giving up so much for Davis????????????????

#4, BI, Wagner TOPS, maybe not even that

Good God
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:06 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
manlisten wrote:

His worst case scenario is AD comes back next season and they try again before the deadline. That isn't a terrible place to be. We just have to read the market and make sure we aren't bidding against ourselves.

The offers only get worse the longer it takes. He said himself he wants a deal done before the draft for that reason. Griffin has this sort of clout and dignity about him that makes you take him seriously but he has absolutely no leverage and is in no position whatsoever to be making such lofty demands. He essentially wants 3 all star players and an additional first rounder for a player who has both feet out the door. It's ludicrous.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."

Last edited by manlisten on Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:08 am    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:
Actually, beginning to conclude that the Lakers will be better off in the long run without Lebron. Sure he is an all time player.
But the Lakers are making stupid moves to meet his timeframe.
Two years at the most. At the expense of 15 to 20 years of being in the lottery again.
It takes time for wine to age.
It would be best if the Lakers just take him as a player and not try to change the whole roster for him. You saw what was left of Miami and Cavs.
And if Lebron wants a trade trade him for some good assets do it.

I kind of agree, but AD is only 26 years old and a top 12-15 player. He should have another good 6 years or more. You can build around him even after Lebron is gone. If we were talking about an aging star player then it would be different. It just comes down to asking price. Emptying all of our assets for him would be disappointing but I'd be excited about a Lebron/AD/free agent core.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1563, 1564, 1565 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 1564 of 8560
Jump to: