OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1595, 1596, 1597 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:13 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
For all the guys who aren’t fond of AD let me just say that we all witnessed how great Pau Gasol was when he was here well let me just say that if everything works out our success will be greater...

I would like to see a scenario where we have ad, Bron, Zo and a max spot available

Is it possible

Exactly as you described?

I don't see how if the max slot is for a FA that will be getting a 30% max.

Last edited by Bard207 on Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:14 pm    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
Any trade with a conference rival needs to be weighed, especially with a player one year from being a free agent. The time table seems to be accelerated due to a guy that signed a 4 year deal with 3 left. AD is injury prone, and it’s all or nothing if the trade goes down. You fail just one year of the three remaining to win a championship... injury or in fighting or any of the other things that have laid waste to greater teams, and The Godfather offer was all for not... all the while, the Pels just get more accustomed to playing together with a potential lineup of Zion, Barrett/Culver/Hunter, BI, Zo, and Kuz. Let that sink in.

where did this giving up farm coming from? jeanie already said its fake news.

you dont think if we offered all 4, the trade would have gone through by now?
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
For all the guys who aren’t fond of AD let me just say that we all witnessed how great Pau Gasol was when he was here well let me just say that if everything works out our success will be greater...

I would like to see a scenario where we have ad, Bron, Zo and a max spot available

Is it possible

I don't see how.

yeah u r right. the max we will have with those 3 on roster is around 20-23m or something.

just max brogdan then
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:18 pm    Post subject:

late in the East...need to get my sleep so I can wake up and catch Woj on Golic & Wingo or Get Up communicating the same thing he said yesterday, but slightly rearranging the sentences.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:21 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
late in the East...need to get my sleep so I can wake up and catch Woj on Golic & Wingo or Get Up communicating the same thing he said yesterday, but slightly rearranging the sentences.

Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

What happened to your guy from Twitter who was saying Kawhi to Lakers is a lock.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:28 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Cmon it's only 1:30…live a little!
HAWAIIGUY27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Is it possible

I don't see how.

yeah u r right. the max we will have with those 3 on roster is around 20-23m or something.

just max brogdan then

Tempting, but nah I’d roll that over for Buddy Hield next summer.
Yong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

IG I love you man. But can I just remind you that, after the trade, we still kept our 2nd best player (Odom - Ingram), our best prospect (Bynum - Lonzo), and one of our best prospects (Ariza - Hart)? Essentially we trade cap space + 2 unknown rookies at that time for Pau. That would be like the 4th pick + Wagner.

You think if all of them were gone (as in this case would for AD), we would have beat Celtics with Kobe/Pau/scrubs? Also, 2009 Kobe > 2020 LeBron.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
Any trade with a conference rival needs to be weighed, especially with a player one year from being a free agent. The time table seems to be accelerated due to a guy that signed a 4 year deal with 3 left. AD is injury prone, and it’s all or nothing if the trade goes down. You fail just one year of the three remaining to win a championship... injury or in fighting or any of the other things that have laid waste to greater teams, and The Godfather offer was all for not... all the while, the Pels just get more accustomed to playing together with a potential lineup of Zion, Barrett/Culver/Hunter, BI, Zo, and Kuz. Let that sink in.

where did this giving up farm coming from? jeanie already said its fake news.

you dont think if we offered all 4, the trade would have gone through by now?

I’m of the mind: hope for the best plan for the worst. I think the Pels would gladly take as much as they can. I mean why not? My issue is, the sense of desperation when we quite possibly can win without giving anyone up. It’s madness to some. Let me repeat. Not only can we get into the playoffs, but we can contend without AD. We were a team that played hard with double digit first half deficits; and we came back and won many of those. Imagine a well coached version of last years team that stayed healthy and were AD drama free. We were a beast of a team giving many contenders fits with matchups. We are one of the scrappiest teams on D, and we are one of the longest team on the perimeter. We continually give up on talent too early, it’s a trend that needs to stop. But I really don’t hold the power to halt what I see as a bad decision, and I’ll root for the Lakers product as I always have. But I disagree with the sense of desperation shown on these forums. It’s unnecessary in my opinion. But I respect my Lakernation, so it’s tough to reconcile my perspective with some of the personalities on this forum. Regardless, you are my damn fam.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Is it possible

I don't see how.

This will get you the desired result, but isn't the same as what you described.

1. Hope that the salary cap numbers work out so that Bonga can be kept and used as outgoing salary in a trade for Davis while there is also enough cap space to sign a 30% max FA.

2. The #4 pick will probably be going to New Orleans and they would prefer to make their own selection, so go ahead and get a verbal/handshake deal with New Orleans. Since Ball isn't going out, the the #4 pick will need a contract so he can be counted as outgoing salary.
There will be a block/hold of 30 days before the #4 can be traded with a new contract. So there is an agreed to trade for Davis, but it can't be turned into the league office for completion until the #4 can be traded.

3. Sign the 30% Max FA.

4. Sign veteran minimum players and a room exception player.

5. Finally complete the trade with New Orleans when the block/hold on the #4 has been removed.

Quote:

Signing the 30% max FA would need to happen before the team would actually have a completed Davis trade.

The trade with Philadephia for the draft pick that became Bonga wasn't completed until July, so the LA FO couldn't say much about him before that.

If they have a handshake/verbal agreement for a Davis trade to be completed in August, then the LA FO will have to dance around questions about Davis until the trade is actually completed with the league office.
#StayInYoLane
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Palin wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

What happened to your guy from Twitter who was saying Kawhi to Lakers is a lock.

That dude pretty much admitted he was a fake
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:49 pm    Post subject:

Another way to absorb cap space is to absorb the ridiculous contract of gorgui dieng so that the Wolves can give away Covington in a trade.

Wizards: Covington, Hart, Mo, Lakers #4, and 1 future Lakers 1st round
Pelicans: Beal, Ingram, Wizards #9, 2 future Lakers 2nd rounders
Wolves: KCP (through sign and trade), 1 future Lakers 1st round, E'Twuann Moore
Lakers: AD

or with the Spurs which is a more fair trade

Spurs: Covington, Hart, Lakers #4
Pelicans: Derozan, Ingram, Mo, two future Lakers 1sts, Spurs #18
Lakers: AD, Dieng

Then we sign Bogdanovic and Bullock with remaining cap space. Sign Morris with Room Exception

AD-Dieng
Kuzma-Morris
Lebron-Minimum
Bogdanovic-Bullock
Lonzo-Caruso
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:53 pm    Post subject:

KBandKB wrote:
Another way to absorb cap space is to absorb the ridiculous contract of gorgui dieng so that the Wolves can give away Covington in a trade.

Wizards: Covington, Hart, Mo, Lakers #4, and 1 future Lakers 1st round
Pelicans: Beal, Ingram, Wizards #9, 2 future Lakers 2nd rounders
Lakers: AD

or with the Spurs which is a more fair trade

Spurs: Covington, Hart, Lakers #4
Pelicans: Derozan, Ingram, Mo, two future Lakers 1sts, Spurs #18
Lakers: AD, Dieng

Then we sign Bogdanovic and Bullock with remaining cap space. Sign Morris with Room Exception

AD-Dieng
Kuzma-Morris
Lebron-Minimum
Bogdanovic-Bullock
Lonzo-Caruso

Prefer Covington coming our way then go somewhere else
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Yong wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

IG I love you man. But can I just remind you that, after the trade, we still kept our 2nd best player (Odom - Ingram), our best prospect (Bynum - Lonzo), and one of our best prospects (Ariza - Hart)? Essentially we trade cap space + 2 unknown rookies at that time for Pau. That would be like the 4th pick + Wagner.

You think if all of them were gone (as in this case would for AD), we would have beat Celtics with Kobe/Pau/scrubs? Also, 2009 Kobe > 2020 LeBron.

Can still add valuable pieces with cap space, so it’s not like we will be left with nothing.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:58 pm    Post subject:

LeKyrie
LeHart
LeBron
LeBrow
LeMcGee

BROW GOAT 23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
BRANDON INGRAM 14 wrote:
Question for salary cap experts: if both teams Lakers and Pelicans are under the salary cap do salaries need to match in a trade? Thanks.

No

But LA would be using some cap space and most in this thread are expecting a need for cap space to sign a 30% max FA.

What is the rest of your offseason scenario?

Thanks I was just talking with some friends and wanted to find out.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
BRANDON INGRAM 14 wrote:
Question for salary cap experts: if both teams Lakers and Pelicans are under the salary cap do salaries need to match in a trade? Thanks.

No

But LA would be using some cap space and most in this thread are expecting a need for cap space to sign a 30% max FA.

What is the rest of your offseason scenario?

Thanks I was just talking with some friends and wanted to find out.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:15 pm    Post subject:

I would love to have convington on this squad
WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
3baller wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
I don't see how anyone can argue with the pure logic of those who think a 35 year old LBJ coming off an injury and an often injured AD teaming up with a team with no depth and still not dominating the league.

Two superstars will win the title.

Doesn't matter how old they are... doesn't matter that one of them never won more than one playoff series thanks to Rondo...

This is the crux of my argument and I will repeat it over and over again until you submit.

Did I say two superstars will win the title?

It's important you understand it... because this is clear. Give up six years of assets for the benefit of a former superstar's farewell tour... it doesn't matter.

If you have any questions... don't think about it. The more thinking you do, the more it will confuse you.

Empty your mind and accept the reality that an aging 35 year old superstar and another who plays 65 games a year will flourish on short rotations and exceed all expectations.

It is written.

2020 NBA Champions: Load Management

Baron, there will be two superstars.

Not one... but two.

No one can argue against the pure simplicity of this logic.

Give up everything for two.

Trade everyone for Jokic?

Never... his superior TS% and passing ability cannot over come his generally sluggish outward appearance.

We must give everything for bouncy Aldridge... and no one else.

The altar of LBJ must be satisfied.

It's so clear to me... I don't know why any of you simpletons even bother posting here.

Give up everyone... even if I joined the forum to solely post on this one subject over and over.

Rather than being a condescending know-it-all, please do enlighten us what this glorious plan of yours is, that would give us a better chance at a title than Lebron + AD + Quality Vets assuming free agents won’t be coming as according to recent reports?

I waded through 20 pages of people telling us how two superstars would solve everything.

Most in a declarative condescending tone themselves.

No elaboration.

Basically... you need two superstars over and over in a loop.

Some have said I'm negative... but I'd happy with virtually any scenario where we added a good free agent to our core and keeping #4.

I'd also be more than happy to sacrifice the worst of our kids to clear a path for AD next season.

The pro AD crowd may be right... I may be right.

I think they both are valid approaches.

But when you have the most basic type of post telling you over and over the equivalent of having blind faith that AD will lead us to the promised land no matter how brutal the price... I just disagree with that.

There are a few who bother to outline some interesting lineups with AD and viable free agent signings.

However most just stop at AD... or include ridiculous high quality players who will magically sign for our dysfunctional front office at minimum or room exception contracts.

I apologize if you are one of the more thoughtful posters who have provided an achievable depth chart to combine with AD.

But when most posts are no more than simply two superstars will bring a championship... I couldn't take it anymore.

I haven’t read every page so it’s possible I might have missed those who posted two super stars bring a championship but most of the AD posts are about what is going out to protect the max slot and trade for Davis
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:25 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I did not question his injury, I questioned how he will be able to maintain going forward with it. Toronto found that sitting him is a good plan. Which is why I think he will be a 60-65 games a season player going forward.

Jerry West averaged 66.5 games per season - that dropped to 64.1 after age 26.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
I would love to have convington on this squad

Was he good in Minny?
ramirezmu8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:39 pm    Post subject:

Pretty slow night I see. I'm so over this AD saga and just want it to end already
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:41 pm    Post subject:

ramirezmu8 wrote:
Pretty slow night I see. I'm so over this AD saga and just want it to end already

Hopefully before the weekend
ramirezmu8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:46 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
ramirezmu8 wrote:

Hopefully before the weekend

I hope so man. I've been super unproductive this week because of all this
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1595, 1596, 1597 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 1596 of 8560
Jump to: