OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1597, 1598, 1599 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:16 am    Post subject:

Imagine missing out on

Paul George
Kawhi Leonard

And Anthony Davis

Hell nah
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:17 am    Post subject:

crucifixion wrote:
Lakerchaq wrote:
Why should we give up all these guys?

Pick two

Ingram
Ball
4th
Kuzma

Or we sign him next off season

Because as PG13 showed us, there's no guarantee he'll come especially if he likes the new team he's traded too.

Plus LeBron would be 36 and at some point he's going to fall apart. Need to take advantage of his greatness now.

Plus none of the Lakers kids are going to be hall of famers. But AD is on the HoF path so why wouldn't you trade players who aren't even all stars yet for him. The Lakers kids are at most fringe all stars kinda like backdoor all stars like DLo. Good but not great but in their best season can make an all star game as an injury replacement

That's what it comes down to. If the young guys looked better than they currently do, I'd have a different opinion
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:17 am    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
Can't afford to miss out on Davis just because you don't wanna lose Lonzo Ball and Brandon Ingram. Just think about the sound of that. Ludicrous.

1. My point is you can see what these guys can do
2. He going to be hurt at the second part of the season LIKE HE USUALLY IS
3. You can get him for cheaper at Trade deadline and you can ask for more di to your talent growing
4. Gutting your team for one guy is dumb as this is not 3 vs 3 game Who going to fill out the rest of your team?
5. No team touching him...if he dont want to come after next season..poor is him...its about not just stars but also having talent around them
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:40 am    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
crucifixion wrote:
Lakerchaq wrote:

Pick two

Ingram
Ball
4th
Kuzma

Because as PG13 showed us, there's no guarantee he'll come especially if he likes the new team he's traded too.

Plus LeBron would be 36 and at some point he's going to fall apart. Need to take advantage of his greatness now.

Plus none of the Lakers kids are going to be hall of famers. But AD is on the HoF path so why wouldn't you trade players who aren't even all stars yet for him. The Lakers kids are at most fringe all stars kinda like backdoor all stars like DLo. Good but not great but in their best season can make an all star game as an injury replacement

That's what it comes down to. If the young guys looked better than they currently do, I'd have a different opinion

But they are barely old enough to buy alcohol!

Did you miss Ingram’s amazing SIX game stretch?
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:41 am    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
Lakerchaq wrote:

Pick two

Ingram
Ball
4th
Kuzma

You have to trade Ingram or renounce him to sign Davis next year because his cap hold would prevent you from signing him. So what else would you give that in your opinion would make it fair.

When that time comes then so be it..but maybe Ingram actually reaches his potential..and if he does then you can either keep him and forget davis or trade him at trade deadline for much more

Get the term “trade deadline” out of the Laker vocabulary. I prefer that whatever they choose to do does not linger into the season.

Part of the reason the Lakers are in their current mess is the uncertainty and instability of the roster. Players have no reason to buy in or trust a team constantly trying to move them or signing one year deals. Basically a culture of renters not buyers. Why commit to a team that will not commit to you?

Lakers need to build a roster before the season and let it develop for the next couple seasons. No more punting or dreaming of the next free agent pool or trade deadlines.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:03 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Give NOLA the farm, then go sign either:

Kawhi
Kyrie
Butler
Klay

Put 9 LG mods on the squad (hey! Mod Squad!) and go win the title.

I agree. We have Lebron for two more years making over 30 mill. We have to give him a legit shot to lead us to a championship. Having AD does that especially with the sad news of KD injury. It’s like Allen Silwa said. I’d feel much more comfortable if AD and Lebron is pitching to free agents than Kurt Rambis
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:06 am    Post subject:

Another day of blue balls and F5
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:07 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
Lakerchaq wrote:

Pick two

Ingram
Ball
4th
Kuzma

You have to trade Ingram or renounce him to sign Davis next year because his cap hold would prevent you from signing him. So what else would you give that in your opinion would make it fair.

When that time comes then so be it..but maybe Ingram actually reaches his potential..and if he does then you can either keep him and forget davis or trade him at trade deadline for much more

Get the term “trade deadline” out of the Laker vocabulary. I prefer that whatever they choose to do does not linger into the season.

Part of the reason the Lakers are in their current mess is the uncertainty and instability of the roster. Players have no reason to buy in or trust a team constantly trying to move them or signing one year deals. Basically a culture of renters not buyers. Why commit to a team that will not commit to you?

Lakers need to build a roster before the season and let it develop for the next couple seasons. No more punting or dreaming of the next free agent pool or trade deadlines.

No its one word...MAGIc village IDIOT that made this mess. But it also come down to the Media's Favorite Air HEAD DUMMY who knows NOTHING...IDIOT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ON HER HANDS AND KNEES WHEN THE LOGO WANTED BACK BUT NOOOOOOO!!!!

The core will buy in with the MAGICAL FOOL GONE and new coach...that only leaves Klunk and LeKing......Sure you can have those idiots gutting your team so they can have three stars...BUT YOU CAN FORGET about having a bench or people around them.....I guess they can then get some people at the local YMCA to fill the roster with...and when one of those stars get injured...IM LOOKING DEAD AT AD...just call it quits.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:07 am    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
I just dont get giving away anyone.....WHEN YOU CAN GET HIM FOR FREE NEXT SEASON OR GET HIM FOR A BAG OF GUMMIE BEARS WHEN HE GETS HURT NEAR TRADE DEADLINE..

Like we got Paul George?
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:09 am    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
LKA wrote:
Can't afford to miss out on Davis just because you don't wanna lose Lonzo Ball and Brandon Ingram. Just think about the sound of that. Ludicrous.

1. My point is you can see what these guys can do
2. He going to be hurt at the second part of the season LIKE HE USUALLY IS
3. You can get him for cheaper at Trade deadline and you can ask for more di to your talent growing
4. Gutting your team for one guy is dumb as this is not 3 vs 3 game Who going to fill out the rest of your team?
5. No team touching him...if he dont want to come after next season..poor is him...its about not just stars but also having talent around them

Me and you have 2 different mentalities
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:10 am    Post subject:

Lakerchaq wrote:

Pick two

Ingram
Ball
4th
Kuzma

A smart GM would wait until the next off season instead of giving up the farm. AD is a good player but not a difference maker like Kawhi or KD.

But it is the Lakers so they most likely will make a stupid decision that will cripple the franchise for over 10 years at least.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:13 am    Post subject:

Lakerchaq wrote:

Pick two

Ingram
Ball
4th
Kuzma

A smart GM would wait on AD until a max FA is signed instead of giving up the farm. AD is a good player but not a difference maker like Kawhi or KD.
Even Butler, Kemba, Harris with the current young core will mean a brighter long term future.

But it is the Lakers so they most likely will make a stupid AD decision that will cripple the franchise for over 10 years at least.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:14 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
I just dont get giving away anyone.....WHEN YOU CAN GET HIM FOR FREE NEXT SEASON OR GET HIM FOR A BAG OF GUMMIE BEARS WHEN HE GETS HURT NEAR TRADE DEADLINE..

Like we got Paul George?

just because you didnt get him you going to cry about it? or Say "Hey the next star that shows up..we going to trade all our talent for and make sure we get them?" SAD...i wont..did they make the finals in OKC or is it GS STILL?

Also they had a window to get PG but they instead went after LB and KL INSTEAD OF HIM...and he felt disrespected...soooo owell
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:17 am    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
Car54 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:

Like we got Paul George?

just because you didnt get him you going to cry about it? or Say "Hey the next star that shows up..we going to trade all our talent for and make sure we get them?" SAD...i wont..did they make the finals in OKC or is it GS STILL?

Also they had a window to get PG but they instead went after LB and KL INSTEAD OF HIM...and he felt disrespected...soooo owell

I've posted actual quotes by PG13 about why he chose OKC over the Lakers. Where did he ever say the bolded? Agenda much?
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:17 am    Post subject:

You really have to believe this deal is going to get done because unless the FO is keeping everything under the radar we have not worked out enough of the top 10 guys for a team that's picking 4th. The deal maybe taking some time because Griffin maybe undecided on the 4th or if he even likes someone there more than Zo or BI. Just a thought.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:18 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:

Like we got Paul George?

George ain't repped by Rich Paul -- huge difference there.

Remember the influence Mintz exerted on George?

Comparing George (and Leonard) to this Davis situation is an egregious violation analyzing context.

Comparing George to Davis is superficial/shallow analysis at best.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:20 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
Car54 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:

Like we got Paul George?

George ain't repped by Rich Paul -- huge difference there.

Remember the influence Mintz exerted on George?

Comparing George (and Leonard) to this Davis situation is an egregious violation analyzing context.

Comparing George to Davis is superficial/shallow analysis at best.

I see the difference but it’s foolish to wait. I love the kids but we’re on the clock with Lebrons prime. The time is now. We have two seasons don’t make it one by holding off.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:22 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:

Like we got Paul George?

What were going to give up for PG... Ingram?

So are you saying because maybe we made a bad tactical call not trading Ingram for PG (we didn't... our front office mishandled PG's ego imo)

That now we need to make up for it by trading three or four more players or assets for a less impactful player?

Maybe we should have traded BI for PG... I can see in hindsight that that makes some sense... but why the Godfather offer for AD... and a reasonable trade for PG?

PG would be better than AD... yet no one was pushing us to trade the whole team for PG.

Why? Because we could sign him in one year in theory.

So because we were spurned once... now we have to become desperate and stupid just to say we have two superstars?

This makes no sense to me from a business perspective.

Last edited by Sentient Meat on Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:24 am; edited 1 time in total
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:23 am    Post subject:

Would anyone still pull the trigger on KD if he said he wanted to play in L.A.?
Quote:
“I said … If you had cap space, would you go out and sign Kevin Durant knowing that he will likely be out maybe the whole year? And the resounding answer was ‘yes.’ Each of the teams also said that they wouldn’t even put any injury language in there for maybe years three and four to protect. So, yes, there will be a marketplace for Kevin Durant this summer, either with a team for four years, $141 million dollars or even back in Golden State here.”

link
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:24 am    Post subject:

Quote:
PG would be better than AD... yet no one was pushing us to trade the whole team for PG.

They wanted more than BI though. It's revisionist to say it was just BI. IIRC there were reports they wanted BI + 2nd pick.

I don't think AD would a be a guarantee in 2020 as a FA if we don't trade for him. IMO you either trade for him now or just walk away from the whole AD angle.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:25 am    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
Quote:
“I said … If you had cap space, would you go out and sign Kevin Durant knowing that he will likely be out maybe the whole year? And the resounding answer was ‘yes.’ Each of the teams also said that they wouldn’t even put any injury language in there for maybe years three and four to protect. So, yes, there will be a marketplace for Kevin Durant this summer, either with a team for four years, $141 million dollars or even back in Golden State here.”

link

If it meant not losing BI/Zo/#4 and picks for AD... yes.

Hobbled KD plus keeping some of the kids and picks is better than AD by himself
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:29 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
Quote:

link

If it meant not losing BI/Zo/#4 and picks for AD... yes.

Hobbled KD plus keeping some of the kids and picks is better than AD by himself

Again, you're not being fully accurate. It could be AD + one of BI/Zo staying, and 25-30m in cap space.
HAWAIIGUY27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:30 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:

Like we got Paul George?

It's different. PG's agent is Aaron Mintz. AD's is Rich Paul.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:30 am    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
3baller wrote:
Other teams where Davis would have a good chance of re-signing are still interested in trading for Davis. There's no assurance that we can afford to wait till the deadline for Davis and sure as hell no way we can say for certain that he would go to the lakers next year as a FA.

We can build a contender next season with a well rested 34yr old Lebron.

Amen

First off, New Orleans is not going into next season with AD still on this roster. They are moving in a new direction with Zion and do not want his rookie year to start under that dark cloud. Because of that, you can assure that he will be traded. Griffin is no Dell Demps. He knows the longer this drags out, the less value he gets and the harder it is to build your roster.

The Pels are just posturing. They have to give the impression that they are the ones in total control. AD will be a Laker before the draft. It’s their best deal and the only one that they can make a deal with without AD’s camp making a fuss and muddying up the waters by threatening to leave to go to LA. People that like to compare this situation with Kawhi or PG are missing that point. Rich Paul and clutch are gonna take a hard stance, where PG and Kawhi’s camps didn’t do that. Clutch is gonna torpedo any deal to any team that’s not the Lakers.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:32 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

They wanted more than BI though. It's revisionist to say it was just BI. IIRC there were reports they wanted BI + 2nd pick.

I don't think AD would a be a guarantee in 2020 as a FA if we don't trade for him. IMO you either trade for him now or just walk away from the whole AD angle.

IF PG is better than AD....THEN WHY NOW WE GIVING UP THE FARM?
MY opinion you give 1 Player + 2nd rounder...DONT LIKE IT?
SEE YA AD in 2020

Lebron and Klunk: looking sideways
Me(MY Jerry WEST Feelings): You want to play with AD? I can put you on that plane this second and on draft night have ZION be in LA.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1597, 1598, 1599 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 1598 of 8560
Jump to: