OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1600, 1601, 1602 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BotPoster24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:09 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
pmacla wrote:
Rich Paul just killed the trade market for AD by saying he wont sign an extension wherever he is traded and will enter Free agency in 2020, lower those offers Pelinka

At what point does AD tell Rich; guess what?, you're costing
me money...you're fired.

I wouldn't say he is costing him money though. His contract will be the same wherever he signs.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:11 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Car54 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
I just dont get giving away anyone.....WHEN YOU CAN GET HIM FOR FREE NEXT SEASON OR GET HIM FOR A BAG OF GUMMIE BEARS WHEN HE GETS HURT NEAR TRADE DEADLINE..

Like we got Paul George?

just because you didnt get him you going to cry about it? or Say "Hey the next star that shows up..we going to trade all our talent for and make sure we get them?" SAD...i wont..did they make the finals in OKC or is it GS STILL?

Also they had a window to get PG but they instead went after LB and KL INSTEAD OF HIM...and he felt disrespected...soooo owell

I've posted actual quotes by PG13 about why he chose OKC over the Lakers. Where did he ever say the bolded? Agenda much?

When he said he was upset that the Lakers didn’t try to trade for him?

No, they are insinuating (without any proof) that PG13 rejected the Lakers b/c of LBJ and their pursuit of KL. I can understand that theory, but no one has shown any proof that was the actual reason other than the simpler explanation that OKC/WB really got to PG13 and convinced him to stay.

Right, I guess his own words aren’t proof. The Lakers were arrogant and thought that PG was in the bag so they made no effort to trade for him. He still takes that disrespect with him.

Dude, I'm agreeing with you?

He said that AND he said OKC/WB wooed him and convinced him to stay.

I've never heard a peep about PG saying that LBJ was the reason he didn't want to come. But we all need a scapegoat and punching bag so LBJ/Klutch is just that.

Agenda's everywhere

RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:12 am    Post subject:

AD is going to the Lakers (unless the Queen sours on the LakeShow). Paul had to throw another fictitious team in the mix, but the reality is its all Lakers. His boss is on the Lakers, the Lakers have had a history of not screwing players, and the FO will not resist against Clutch. I am not pushing for AD (because at the end of the day our best path may be to keep our pick and sign 2 2nd tier players), but its going to happen.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:14 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
IMO a clear example of impatience is not AD, as I think reasonable minds can differ. It's trading our cap space and #4 pick/young assets for someone like Conley or CP3. That would mean they're strictly trying to appease LBJ.

AD is 26 so he's someone you're going to build around in the future with other max level FAs once LBJ retires. People make it sound like AD is some rotation level player who is 35.

It would be so much better for AD if we kept at least half of the core and some future first picks.

And no, keeping Hart and Kuzma is not a huge win.

Keeping one of BI/Zo/#4 is.

Trade in 2019... Good for LBJ

Sign in 2020... Good for AD

Unless the Godfather is substantially reduced... which I highly doubt gets it done.

But you're not even addressing my point that "sign AD in 2020" is not a panacea and will require the very type of YUTES cost cutting that you are against, especially if we sign a max FA.

Are you opposed to signing a max FA in 2019 just in the hope of keeping the YUTES in 2020 and signing AD? That's one hell of a way to punt when it's completely not necessary.

I'm only addressing the narrative in front of us which is that Caesars has us trading for AD at very high odds.

You already know I want to sign another agent instead.

I'm trying to make the best of a questionable situation.

I'm glad Rich Paul is lowering AD's market value... I only hope he doesn't blink when he sees Gayle Benson is willing to shoot herself in the foot if we don't overpay.

But that's why you have to see not only 2019 FA but 2020 FA, and the steps it'll take to carve out a max spot for AD with or without a max FA.

how will that affect the kids who know that one or more will have to be shipped out just to sign AD? I'm of the opinion you do the deal now or just walk away from AD.

As I've repeatedly stated, my preference is 2 max FA, keep the YUTES as a 2019 plan. But I'm amenable to an AD trade without thinking it's the end of the world too. There isn't a "only 1 way" path here.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:14 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Car54 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
I just dont get giving away anyone.....WHEN YOU CAN GET HIM FOR FREE NEXT SEASON OR GET HIM FOR A BAG OF GUMMIE BEARS WHEN HE GETS HURT NEAR TRADE DEADLINE..

Like we got Paul George?

just because you didnt get him you going to cry about it? or Say "Hey the next star that shows up..we going to trade all our talent for and make sure we get them?" SAD...i wont..did they make the finals in OKC or is it GS STILL?

Also they had a window to get PG but they instead went after LB and KL INSTEAD OF HIM...and he felt disrespected...soooo owell

I've posted actual quotes by PG13 about why he chose OKC over the Lakers. Where did he ever say the bolded? Agenda much?

When he said he was upset that the Lakers didn’t try to trade for him?

No, they are insinuating (without any proof) that PG13 rejected the Lakers b/c of LBJ and their pursuit of KL. I can understand that theory, but no one has shown any proof that was the actual reason other than the simpler explanation that OKC/WB really got to PG13 and convinced him to stay.

Right, I guess his own words aren’t proof. The Lakers were arrogant and thought that PG was in the bag so they made no effort to trade for him. He still takes that disrespect with him.

He was upset yet he still wants/plans to come here so go figure.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:15 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
AD is going to the Lakers (unless the Queen sours on the LakeShow). Paul had to throw another fictitious team in the mix, but the reality is its all Lakers. His boss is on the Lakers, the Lakers have had a history of not screwing players, and the FO will not resist against Clutch. I am not pushing for AD (because at the end of the day our best path may be to keep our pick and sign 2 2nd tier players), but its going to happen.

Who do you consider 2nd Tier, that would accept $15M a piece? I doubt they and Culver would be better than Lebron + AD + Jimmy Butler.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:15 am    Post subject:

I wonder if Gayle Benson gets pissed off that Rich Paul is trying to tank AD's value on social media to the point where she digs in her heels and tells Griffin no dice under any circumstances.
WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:17 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
PG would be better than AD... yet no one was pushing us to trade the whole team for PG.

They wanted more than BI though. It's revisionist to say it was just BI. IIRC there were reports they wanted BI + 2nd pick.

I don't think AD would a be a guarantee in 2020 as a FA if we don't trade for him. IMO you either trade for him now or just walk away from the whole AD angle.

My point still remains that it was a rational trade.

You know how much I like BI... I think he will become a star if healthy... but I can concede if he's the cost to sign AD... it makes sense to lose him to get it done.

What I can't make sense of is losing Zo and Garland or Culver and keeping only Kuzma for a player we can sign next season.

The main difference between PG and AD... is that AD is under Klutch's control... if it wasn't for LBJ's limited window... it would be clear the best play is for AD to let some dumb team trade for him... even a limited package... and then jump ship to a full team with the #4 pick and deeper core.

But because LBJ is the most important part of Klutch... they are trying to force the issue this season.

Again... good for LBJ... but not as good for the Lakers long term sustainability nor for AD who will be stuck with a weaker team and probably fewer picks and assets to rebuild.

Or you could manage your roster so when Lebron retires you have no long term contracts so you can use cap space to build around AD but let’s just keep looking at the outcomes that fit our narrative
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:18 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
I wonder if Gayle Benson gets pissed off that Rich Paul is trying to tank AD's value on social media to the point where she digs in her heels and tells Griffin no dice under any circumstances.

I wouldnt be suprised if she tried if he came up with an injury and sat out the year like Kawhi did
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

Sentient Meat wrote:

I think with KD's injury, Kyrie leaving Boston, New York/Clips reportedly bouncing, the value has already been reduced by the market?
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

yinoma2001 wrote:

As I've repeatedly stated, my preference is 2 max FA, keep the YUTES as a 2019 plan.

And that should be the plan, period.

Keeping Kuzma only is putting lipstick on a pig.
ForumBlueFrank
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Rich would not have put that out there unless he knows the Celtics and Griffin are pushing hard on a deal. I'm glad he came out and warned them you will only lose assets, piss off my client, and piss off me who has a growing list of future clients.

Pelicans better not be getting greedy. Adam Silver gifted these jackasses Zion, and the 4th pick via the Lakers. They need to Take BI, Kuz, Hart, 4th, future 1st, and filler. That's more than enough.We better not give them Ball too. Enough is enough, let Tatum waste his career away in NO.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:19 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

I wouldnt be suprised if she tried if he came up with an injury and sat out the year like Kawhi did

But that would just ensure they get either nothing for him in trade or very little.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

I think with KD's injury, Kyrie leaving Boston, New York/Clips reportedly bouncing, the value has already been reduced by the market?

Yet here we are on June 12th... with RP poking the bear.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

As I've repeatedly stated, my preference is 2 max FA, keep the YUTES as a 2019 plan.

And that should be the plan, period.

Keeping Kuzma only is putting lipstick on a pig.

Disagree. You have to be flexible to a number of options. It doesn't work that way where you only have 1 option. A good GM will look for multiple opportunities and as a long time fan, I can be equally happy with max FA/Yutes as I am with LBJ/AD/3rd max.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:20 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

That bridge has already been crossed in February. This isn't much.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:20 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
deal wrote:
pmacla wrote:
Rich Paul just killed the trade market for AD by saying he wont sign an extension wherever he is traded and will enter Free agency in 2020, lower those offers Pelinka

At what point does AD tell Rich; guess what?, you're costing
me money...you're fired.

So you think rp didn't talk to ad before putting this article out there?

of course, I do think that Rich talked to AD. I'm just throwing it out there
that AD will push this as far as he can. However, he has only one youth
to give and if he understands that, he needs to ensure he gets paid. Um,
regardless of where...

However, I'm just throwing that out there...
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:22 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:

Yeah, it could go both ways...
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:23 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

If you were an owner... would you like an agent publicly strong arming you?

Would that make an already aggravated owner want to bend over more?

This strategy only works if we have the balls to walk away.

I don't think we do.

Hopefully I'm wrong.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:24 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

poking the bear, lol....good take
D-Shiznit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:25 am    Post subject:

Man, I'm afraid this article might backfire.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:26 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

If you were an owner... would you like an agent publicly strong arming you?

Would that make an already aggravated owner want to bend over more?

This strategy only works if we have the balls to walk away.

I don't think we do.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

When you've done what AD has already done to the Pels, this is really not that much in the big scheme of things. Telling the world that he doesn't want to be a Celt isn't something new. They already said this.

I feel like I'm your therapist. Just relax my bro. It's been an insufferable 6 years but I truly do think this team (whatever iteration it is) will be really good in 2019-20.

Don't set yourself to feel miserable man. This is supposed to entertain us and take us away from the worries of this world.
Kobe_Is_King13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:27 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Benson won't like it for sure, but the problem is what's your alternative? If no one else is willing to offer up what the Lakers are offering your only alternative is to lose him for nothing.

If you take him into the season, your bargaining power decreases by the day. The better course is to trade him for what you can get now. Waiting has already cost you the godfather package the Lakers were offering. Waiting further will cost you more. You'll end up taking a deal for a current allstar player (perhaps not with the Lakers....think DeRozan, McCollum, Chris Paul, Khris Middleton) and getting no future picks or young players with allstar potential.
D-Shiznit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:29 am    Post subject:

Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:
pmacla wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Benson won't like it for sure, but the problem is what's your alternative? If no one else is willing to offer up what the Lakers are offering your only alternative is to lose him for nothing.

If you take him into the season, your bargaining power decreases by the day. The better course is to trade him for what you can get now. Waiting has already cost you the godfather package the Lakers were offering. Waiting further will cost you more. You'll end up taking a deal for a current allstar player (perhaps not with the Lakers....think DeRozan, McCollum, Chris Paul, Khris Middleton) and getting no future picks or young players with allstar potential.

Problem is she might not make this decision on logic, but rather emotional vindictiveness.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:29 am    Post subject:

The irony, if Rich Paul pissed off the Pels so much that they won't trade him to the Lakers, those who don't want AD can thank, yes, Klutch and Rich Paul!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1600, 1601, 1602 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 1601 of 8560
Jump to: