OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1686, 1687, 1688 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:57 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
We have KCP's bird rights?

That's correct, Early Bird I believe. Yay us.

This is actually good in my view. He's a rotation guy at worst, and we can use his salary in a trade since he'll be an expiring.

He's 100% coming back. No way he gets a better offer than 1year/10mill.

Should be signing him for a deal at $4-5m and then you can pay him way more once you have his bird rights.

Bullock's cap hold is already extremely value.

Wish we still had Zubac so you could give him lot of money as a RFA and then use that as a trade filler later in the year.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:59 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

This is actually good in my view. He's a rotation guy at worst, and we can use his salary in a trade since he'll be an expiring.

Should be signing him for a deal at $4-5m and then you can pay him way more once you have his bird rights.

Wish we still had Zubac so you could give him lot of money as a RFA and then use that as a trade filler later in the year.

I would pay him more just to create a larger salary for potential trades. Say we land AD, we're pretty capped out. If we sign KCP to a 1 year/15mill deal, we could theoretically be players to trade for a guy with 3 years left that a team wants to clear.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:00 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

You have to release Bullock's hold if you want to sign a 30% max free agent, assuming we keep the #4's hold on the books through free agency.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:02 pm    Post subject:

only way I would want to keep KCP is if he signed for Vet Minimum....then we can overpay him next summer for 2 years to make up for it with full Bird Rights....just align his services with Lebrons.
cital
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:04 pm    Post subject:

What is DLo's max start at? Thanks
cital
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:04 pm    Post subject:

cital wrote:
What does DLo's max start at? Thanks
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:05 pm    Post subject:

A name I haven't seen mentioned, if we get AD, and strike out on free agents...

Kevin Love
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:05 pm    Post subject:

cital wrote:

Whatever 25% of $109MM is, it should be. So it should be $27.25MM.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Pelicans value Kyle Kuzma more than Lonzo Ball.

However, before the two sides reach a deal, the Lakers have to decide how much they’re willing to give up for Davis. According to Marc Stein of The New York Times, the Lakers have offered Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram and the No. 4 pick, but they’ve been reluctant to offer anything else. To be more specific, they haven’t been able to talk themselves into parting ways with Kyle Kuzma, according to Tania Ganguli and Broderick Tuner of the Los Angeles Times:

The Pelicans are interested in three of the Lakers’ young players — whether that’s Kuzma, Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram or Josh Hart — and the No. 4 draft pick in order to acquire Davis, according to people familiar with the trade discussions who were not authorized to speak publicly. It’s possible New Orleans could use the No. 4 pick to acquire a player from a third team

Among the young Lakers, New Orleans covets Kuzma the most.

While it’s unlikely the Lakers would let a deal for a perennial All-Star in Davis pass them by for Kuzma, who is only three years younger than Davis, they seem to really like him:

According to people familiar with the Lakers’ thinking, Kuzma has ingratiated himself with the organization both on the court and off, and management does not want to trade the forward, who is entering his third season. The Lakers might have an opportunity to keep their No. 4 pick should they agree to part with Kuzma.

https://lonzowire.usatoday.com/2019/06/12/la-lakers-anthony-davis-trade-rumors-pelicans-value-kyle-kuzma-more-than-lonzo-ball/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:08 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
cital wrote:

rather give a 23 year old DLo a 4 year deal more than a 29 year old Kemba
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:09 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:

However, before the two sides reach a deal, the Lakers have to decide how much they’re willing to give up for Davis. According to Marc Stein of The New York Times, the Lakers have offered Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram and the No. 4 pick, but they’ve been reluctant to offer anything else. To be more specific, they haven’t been able to talk themselves into parting ways with Kyle Kuzma, according to Tania Ganguli and Broderick Tuner of the Los Angeles Times:

The Pelicans are interested in three of the Lakers’ young players — whether that’s Kuzma, Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram or Josh Hart — and the No. 4 draft pick in order to acquire Davis, according to people familiar with the trade discussions who were not authorized to speak publicly. It’s possible New Orleans could use the No. 4 pick to acquire a player from a third team

While it’s unlikely the Lakers would let a deal for a perennial All-Star in Davis pass them by for Kuzma, who is only three years younger than Davis, they seem to really like him:

According to people familiar with the Lakers’ thinking, Kuzma has ingratiated himself with the organization both on the court and off, and management does not want to trade the forward, who is entering his third season. The Lakers might have an opportunity to keep their No. 4 pick should they agree to part with Kuzma.

https://lonzowire.usatoday.com/2019/06/12/la-lakers-anthony-davis-trade-rumors-pelicans-value-kyle-kuzma-more-than-lonzo-ball/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Keep 4 and Get AD would be amazing
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:11 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:

if you take out the #4 for Kuzma....then you have to add in Hart and Wagner to make the money work....if you are hoping to sign a max free agent 1st. That said, I would take the #4 over Kuzma.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:12 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
A name I haven't seen mentioned, if we get AD, and strike out on free agents...

Kevin Love

That would go over well around here. Another guy who misses huge chunks of the season.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:12 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
cital wrote:

I totally agree with this, actually. I just think it's remarkably unlikely that Dlo crosses that bridge again, even with Magic out of the picture. If Dlo somehow became an unrestricted free agent because the Nets renounce him, my guess is that he goes to play with his friend Booker in Phoenix, or maybe to Dallas, or maybe even to the Knicks. Even though we'd give him a great chance to compete for a ring (if we got AD) and even though he'd be a good fit if we lose Lonzo (because then we'd possibly need 2 starting guards), I just can't see him agreeing to come back here. But I suppose stranger things have happened.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:13 pm    Post subject:

realking24 wrote:
saetarubia wrote:

Keep 4 and Get AD would be amazing

Keeping a draft pick instead of a rotation player who plays well with Lebron doesn't fit for a team in "win now" mode.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Honestly just get this (bleep) done so we can all move on with our lives
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

adkindo wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
cital wrote:

I’m sure the ship has sailed but if no one is coming FA and we are trading for AD I wouldn’t mind Russell back. I realize he’s not a world beater but decent shooter and passer would fit nicely.
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:14 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Honestly just get this (bleep) done so we can all move on with our lives

Seriously
cital
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Hear me out on DLo... If we pull off a Davis deal, but then can't land any of the top tier free agents, DLo would be a very nice pickup, plus because of his starting salary of 27.25, we would have an additional 5.45 in cap space, which is enough to hold onto Bullock's hold. We could resign Bullock (or another free agent with the cap space), plus we would have the 4.76 million room exception to use on another player...

Russell
Bullock/Hart
James
Kuzma
Davis/Wagner

Room Exception
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Lebron/AD/DLO

Can you say superteam?
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:16 pm    Post subject:

realking24 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
cital wrote:

I’m sure the ship has sailed but if no one is coming FA and we are trading for AD I wouldn’t mind Russell back. I realize he’s not a world beater but decent shooter and passer would fit nicely.

I don't see why Russell would want any part of this organization. We sold him for an empty chair after throwing him under the bus on his way out of town. We didn't exactly treat him great when he was supposed to be a part of our future either.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Can you say no defense?
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:23 pm    Post subject:

Someone hit us with a “my body is read” scenario. 😝
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
realking24 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
cital wrote:

I don't see why Russell would want any part of this organization. We sold him for an empty chair after throwing him under the bus on his way out of town. We didn't exactly treat him great when he was supposed to be a part of our future either.

At least Byron and Magic are gone, but yes, I just can't see it. He'll have other options, and he'll likely be much happier somewhere else.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:27 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/damanr/status/1139054219237810176?s=19

😂😂
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1686, 1687, 1688 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 1687 of 8560
Jump to: